Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/25/2010 1:01:56 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 2/25/2010 1:00:45 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 12:54:40 PM
Author: winelover23
Hi, I''m in Delaware.

Sunny - We need a girls date night of Wayne''s World, Friends and wine!

C-Tek- YES! Congrats! Details...

Elro - Shower but don''t put on make-up or do your hair.
Wino- You have no idea how many times I''ve heard that Delaware thing (lived there for 3 years, worked there for 4.5) from Wayne''s World. Its so true though! There is almost nothing remarkable about the state, except that its so close to many huge EC cities- DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC.

The job I got offered is for a carbon fiber company that has an office just outside of SF (apparently almost in the same town that Neatfreak and Gypsy live in). I would be in CA for at least a year, right next to Livermore (aka petit syrah country!!) and an hour from Napa. Man, it would be heaven! Then they might move me elsewhere, which could be diffficult for DH''s job, but he is supportive.
Anywhere near Danville? I have friends like family out there and I can viiiiiiisit!
Looking at the map, its very close to Danville! Just up the road. I''d be in Dublin, CA.
Excellent.
9.gif

I haven''t seen them in awhile, and they''ve never met A. I think once you''re out there, a visit will be officially necessary.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:12:41 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:08:06 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:06:29 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 2/25/2010 1:05:20 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:02:35 PM
Author: Bia

what do you do ?
I research composite materials- carbon fiber, fiber glass, etc. I am more of a manufacturing scientist than materials scientist but I applied to their research division so I think I''ll make good use of the skillz I''ve built up in grad school.
That sounds really cool! I sometimes wish I had done materials science of cheme (though they''re pretty similar I guess).
I work for a composite company! I don''t have anything to do w/ engineering (accounting) but I noes what you guys are talking about. We''re aerospace.
Hmmmmm most of the work they do at this particular branch of the company is for aerospace. For those large airplane manufacturers in the Seattle area and France in particular. My potential employer also makes some finished parts for the company in Seattle.
3.gif
Small world. We make all the composite interiors for that fancy new plane that just finally flew...we are a french owned company.

How does one put up a human as collateral? I don''t understand that.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:09:49 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:02:47 PM
My gf''s Mom was Frances Bean''s Nanny is high school. I caught a couple of glimpes of Courtney but this was after Curt killed himself. Also my stepdad was good friends w/ Layne Staley''s Sister (lead singer of Alice n Chains) so I met him a couple of times. Growing up in Seattle during the whole garage rock era was RAD!
I love Alice in Chains too (sigh). Ever catch his performance on Unplugged? I youtubed it the other day - dude was flyyying. And all his teeth were gone
7.gif

heroin is the devil.
agreed.

have you heard the new cd? it is just as amazing, and just as heartbreaking.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:16:03 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
And assuming they actually had to take the kid, what the heck would they do with him?

Date: 2/25/2010 1:10:24 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:08:22 PM
Author: sunnyd

My gf''s Mom was Frances Bean''s Nanny is high school. I caught a couple of glimpes of Courtney but this was after Curt killed himself. Also my stepdad was good friends w/ Layne Staley''s Sister (lead singer of Alice n Chains) so I met him a couple of times. Growing up in Seattle during the whole garage rock era was RAD!
Cooooool. My sister''s ex BF''s dad insures celebs and one of his clients was Ms. Love. Obviously she''s a HUGE liability, so Frances was put up as collateral. Scary. As in, you fail at this movie, we''re taking your kid.
23.gif
Wow that seems illegal.
Well she is a crazy drug addict.
40.gif

C saw Dave Matthews a year ago with his kid, high as a kite.
38.gif

CTek - I will add you to the nameless site when I get home, it''s blocked at work
39.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:12:30 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Cooooool. My sister''s ex BF''s dad insures celebs and one of his clients was Ms. Love. Obviously she''s a HUGE liability, so Frances was put up as collateral. Scary. As in, you fail at this movie, we''re taking your kid.
23.gif
Wow that seems illegal.
Seriously!
23.gif
23.gif

VC- one of my random FB ads is showing a TBS ornament! (i didn;t know that existed, much less in FB ads!)

Date: 2/25/2010 1:13:44 PM

I work for a composite company! I don''t have anything to do w/ engineering (accounting) but I noes what you guys are talking about. We''re aerospace.
Hmmmmm most of the work they do at this particular branch of the company is for aerospace. For those large airplane manufacturers in the Seattle area and France in particular. My potential employer also makes some finished parts for the company in Seattle.
3.gif
So does Wino''s company!

I remember a particular recent flight being VERY important...
Ding ding ding! The potential employer is going to be busy for the next few years working on materials for primary structures in air craft. Freaky that we will probably all be flying around in plastic planes soon!

Nerd alert...

But, if you think about it, planes were originally wood- which is nature''s composite! So really, things have come full circle.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:13:06 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:09:49 PM

I love Alice in Chains too (sigh). Ever catch his performance on Unplugged? I youtubed it the other day - dude was flyyying. And all his teeth were gone
7.gif

heroine is the devil.
Bia - we just became besties. AinC is my fave band EVAR! Ya he battled that sh*t forever, really sad. I still loved him though. His voice was like no other.

TP - I''m deathly allergic to country. At Mini''s dentist apt yesterday they had it playing so loud I thought I was going to have to jam pencils in my ears.
I
30.gif
90''s rock. Nirvana, Alice, STP, Smashing Pumpkins (fav), Soundgarden, Radiohead, Pearl Jam (although I hate their new stuff), Jeff Buckley, Jane''s Addiction...don''t get me started..I''ll go on forever.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:17:31 PM
Author: Squirrly

23.gif
Wow that seems illegal.
Seriously!
23.gif
23.gif

VC- one of my random FB ads is showing a TBS ornament! (i didn;t know that existed, much less in FB ads!)
HAHAHA, that''s *awesome* squirrly! Oh yeah...and since we''re sisters, that means that elro is my SIL and HH is YOUR SIL, squirrly!

This whole ST relationship thing is getting ka-ray-zee.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:17:29 PM
CTek - I will add you to the nameless site when I get home, it''s blocked at work
39.gif
I will anxiously await that moment!

sounds like there just might be a ST g2g in CA afterall
36.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:17:08 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:16:03 PM
And assuming they actually had to take the kid, what the heck would they do with him?
Foster? I dunno. Maybe not the kid was collateral, but the custody. Don''t get mad at me, I didn''t make the deal!
9.gif

Jeff Buckley-swoon.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:19:22 PM
HAHAHA, that''s *awesome* squirrly! Oh yeah...and since we''re sisters, that means that elro is my SIL and HH is YOUR SIL, squirrly!

Hi SIL
35.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:21:04 PM
Jeff Buckley-swoon.
REALLY!!!!!!!!!????????????????

OMG, I love you. Most people don''t even know who he is. I adore him. Artists that have made me cry, very few and far between, but he is consistently one of them.

all the greats are dead
39.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:21:34 PM

Hi SIL
35.gif
Hiiiiiiiii!

30.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:18:37 PM
I
30.gif
90''s rock. Nirvana, Alice, STP, Smashing Pumpkins (fav), Soundgarden, Radiohead, Pearl Jam (although I hate their new stuff), Jeff Buckley, Jane''s Addiction...don''t get me started..I''ll go on forever.
30.gif

i saw SP right after their back up guitarist died (sad). They were, in short, amazing tho. i loved d''arcy. i wanted to be her (i also played the upright bass).

Date: 2/25/2010 1:17:31 PM

23.gif
Wow that seems illegal.
Seriously!
23.gif
23.gif

i know, my christmas card list just keeps getting more and more complicated. let''s not even talk about the family letter inserts

Date: 2/25/2010 1:15:42 PM

what do you do ?
I research composite materials- carbon fiber, fiber glass, etc. I am more of a manufacturing scientist than materials scientist but I applied to their research division so I think I''ll make good use of the skillz I''ve built up in grad school.
That sounds really cool! I sometimes wish I had done materials science of cheme (though they''re pretty similar I guess).
3.gif
Small world. We make all the composite interiors for that fancy new plane that just finally flew...we are a french owned company.
Now I''m trying to guess! I''m drawing a blank on the french owned companies that do this sort of stuff. I suppose I''ll find out on the nameless site. I''ve been around composites pretty much my whole life. My dad is involved so its just my comfort zone! He is currently building a 42'' trimaran in their yard.

i can''t find my beer card
39.gif
i really do need to clean, boo.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:28:22 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:15:42 PM

what do you do ?
3.gif
Now I''m trying to guess! I''m drawing a blank on the french owned companies that do this sort of stuff. I suppose I''ll find out on the nameless site. I''ve been around composites pretty much my whole life. My dad is involved so its just my comfort zone! He is currently building a 42'' trimaran in their yard.
Great dad!

Date: 2/25/2010 1:23:20 PM

Jeff Buckley-swoon.

OMG, I love you. Most people don''t even know who he is. I adore him. Artists that have made me cry, very few and far between, but he is consistently one of them.

all the greats are dead
39.gif

Admittedly I only know of him because he''s DH''s all-time fav artist.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:33:09 PM
i can''t find my beer card
39.gif
i really do need to clean, boo.
What is this beer card you speak of?

Bia - We have very similar music tastes! I still blast dead and bloated in my car at least once a month.

C-Tek - I will give you the scoop on the nameless site! We have many offices in CA so...I''m thinking business trip!

e brought me mcD''s hashbrowns. yum
18.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:35:23 PM
Author: jcarlylew
e brought me mcD''s hashbrowns. yum
18.gif
Stop it. McD''s bfast is my favorite, especially when hungover.

Date: 2/25/2010 1:34:02 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:23:20 PM

Jeff Buckley-swoon.

all the greats are dead
39.gif

Admittedly I only know of him because he''s DH''s all-time fav artist.
That''s okay. You know of him NOW and that''s all that matters
36.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 1:35:12 PM
Bia - We have very similar music tastes! I still blast dead and bloated in my car at least once a month.

C-Tek - I will give you the scoop on the nameless site! We have many offices in CA so...I''m thinking business trip!
36.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP