color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 2/26/2010 2:09:56 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 2/26/2010 2:06:58 PM
Author: elrohwen
Here is the story of my Friday afternoon:

About 20 minutes ago DH suggested I take a bath. Now, I am so not a bath person and I''ve only taken about 3 in my adult life, but our tub has jets and is clean, so DH thought I should go for it. We set it up and let the water run. 10-15 minutes later I realize it''s not filling up very well and try to fix the plug thing. I fix the plug, ready to go, turn the water back on, and realize there is no hot water
38.gif
Neither of us took showers this morning, our electricity and gas are still working, so I have no idea what''s going on. We''ve had 5 people take showers back to back and never run out of hot water before.

Lame!!! I was even promised wine at 2pm if I took a bath!
Is your hubby trying to tell you that you smell?
3.gif
What the heck? No hot water?! Unacceptable!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:09:56 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:06:58 PM
Here is the story of my Friday afternoon:

About 20 minutes ago DH suggested I take a bath. Now, I am so not a bath person and I''ve only taken about 3 in my adult life, but our tub has jets and is clean, so DH thought I should go for it. We set it up and let the water run. 10-15 minutes later I realize it''s not filling up very well and try to fix the plug thing. I fix the plug, ready to go, turn the water back on, and realize there is no hot water
38.gif
Neither of us took showers this morning, our electricity and gas are still working, so I have no idea what''s going on. We''ve had 5 people take showers back to back and never run out of hot water before.

Lame!!! I was even promised wine at 2pm if I took a bath!
Is your hubby trying to tell you that you smell?
3.gif
Haha, I don''t think so! He''s just been obsessed with me taking a bath ever since he cleaned the tub last. He actually filled it up and ran the jets with bleach, which we never ever do, so I think he wants someone to use it before it gets gross again
14.gif

And if anyone smells in this house, it''s him!!
25.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:12:54 PM
25.gif
Hehehe!! That sucks about your water, where did it go?!

*Sigh*

I want a tub with jets, elro!!! You lucky girl, you!!!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:16:00 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:12:54 PM
25.gif
Hehehe!! That sucks about your water, where did it go?!
No clue. We''ve seriously had a house full of friends all shower back to back without a problem. How long does it take to reheat the tank? Maybe I''ll try again at 3:00.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:18:09 PM
Author: vc10um
*Sigh*

You can have it! In almost 3 years here I''ve never used it. DH claims he''s used it once, and my SIL used it once when she was visiting and we were away at work all day. She grabbed herself a beer (I think a 9% alcohol one) and had a bath! Lol.

VC - We had a mustache growing contest and proceeds went to charity. It was hilarious.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:21:28 PM
Author: winelover23
VC - We had a mustache growing contest and proceeds went to charity. It was hilarious.
Hahaha. Okay, that makes sense.

There''s a group of people around here that do "Movember". Same type of deal. Pledges not to shave the ''stache from Nov. 1-Nov. 30. Money to charity. No contest, though.

*Sigh*

31.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:25:47 PM
Author: elledizzy5

*Sigh*

31.gif
Well duh.
11.gif

That''s amazing! DH and his friends do that occasionally, but not for charity. Maybe they could get this started at work! How do they earn money? Do people sponsor their ''staches?

Date: 2/26/2010 2:20:09 PM

*Sigh*

You can have it! In almost 3 years here I''ve never used it. DH claims he''s used it once, and my SIL used it once when she was visiting and we were away at work all day. She grabbed herself a beer (I think a 9% alcohol one) and had a bath! Lol.
that sounds wonderful. speaking of beer, i had a BBC stout yesterday and loved it, it made guinness taste like water.

off to work
39.gif
bye wifey! bye ST! have a great weekend, oh and wino those invites are adorable!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:27:26 PM

That''s amazing! DH and his friends do that occasionally, but not for charity. Maybe they could get this started at work! How do they earn money? Do people sponsor their ''staches?
They all had to pay like $10 to enter then people voted by putting money in each categories jar. Half went to prizes and the other half went to charity.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:28:36 PM
Author: Squirrly

*Sigh*

that sounds wonderful. speaking of beer, i had a BBC stout yesterday and loved it, it made guinness taste like water.

off to work
39.gif
bye wifey! bye ST! have a great weekend, oh and wino those invites are adorable!
Bye wifey!! Have a beer for me!
143.gif

*Sigh*

off to work
39.gif
Thanks holds-nuts-in-cheek (your new native american name). Have a great weekend!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:38:15 PM

*Sigh*

off to work
39.gif
Thanks holds-nuts-in-cheek (your new native american name). Have a great weekend!
bwahahah!
36.gif

*Sigh*

off to work
39.gif
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif
How long have you been sitting on THAT one, Wino???
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Wino, I''m looking at pictures of Mini on the nameless site. So frickin adorable!! I''m lovin'' the ones from Halloween. She does look just like her momma!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:41:31 PM
Wino, I''m looking at pictures of Mini on the nameless site. So frickin adorable!! I''m lovin'' the ones from Halloween. She does look just like her momma!
She is SO cute on Halloween!

I always want to joke that I would want to kidnap her but I think thats completely inappropriate on the internet.

I would NOT kidnap her. I''ll just cross my fingers that I have a kid as cute as mini!

I''m sleepy.

Also, if you were hosting board games and beer night for a group of girls, what snacks would you have? Salty or sweet?

Date: 2/26/2010 2:44:52 PM

I always want to joke that I would want to kidnap her but I think thats completely inappropriate on the internet.

I would NOT kidnap her. I''ll just cross my fingers that I have a kid as cute as mini!
I prefer the sleeping with Santa picture.
36.gif

But she was also UBER cute on Halloween!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:45:06 PM
Author: princesss
I''m sleepy.

Also, if you were hosting board games and beer night for a group of girls, what snacks would you have? Salty or sweet?
Both, please! Although I did not get my invite...

LOL, I totally get what you''re saying, but you''re right - in person it can be a funny joke, on the internet it''s baaaaaaaaad form.

I''m sleepy.

With beer? Salty.

If you''re providing other alcoholic bevs, throwing out a bowl of M&Ms or a plate of cookies couldn''t hurt.
2.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:46:34 PM

LOL, I totally get what you''re saying, but you''re right - in person it can be a funny joke, on the internet it''s baaaaaaaaad form.
It is SO bad form! I feel like a creepy internet perv just saying it!

For beer night, I''d do salty, but I''d have one sweet thing just in case. I don''t think beer and sweet usually go together very well, unless you get the fruitier style beers.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:46:14 PM

I''m sleepy.

Both, please! Although I did not get my invite...
Shoot! Stupid mailman....*kicks rocks*

I''m thinking chips and salsa and maybe brownies. I want to try out my new edge pan...

Date: 2/26/2010 2:39:43 PM

*Sigh*

off to work
39.gif
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Awhile
31.gif

Elro - Well thanks, I think she''s quite cute too!

Elle - Ya maybe don''t kidnap her. I will willingly let you babysit though!

I love compliments on my babeh!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:48:17 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:39:43 PM

*Sigh*

off to work
39.gif
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Awhile
31.gif

Elro - Well thanks, I think she''s quite cute too!

Elle - Ya maybe don''t kidnap her. I will willingly let you babysit though!

I love compliments on my babeh!
I won''t. You went through labor for her. You earned her!

But we''re going shot for shot on Shirley Temples if I ever get to hang with her.
11.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP