shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

It''s a BYOB thing, so who knows what people are bringing. I''m drinking wine. I also have no idea if 4 people are coming or 10.

Mmmm...M&Ms. Just what I need - and excuse to buy candy.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:48:12 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 2/26/2010 2:46:14 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/26/2010 2:45:06 PM
I''m sleepy.

Also, if you were hosting board games and beer night for a group of girls, what snacks would you have? Salty or sweet?
Both, please! Although I did not get my invite...
Shoot! Stupid mailman....*kicks rocks*

I''m thinking chips and salsa and maybe brownies. I want to try out my new edge pan...
You are my master. How can I serve you master?

Date: 2/26/2010 2:48:12 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:46:14 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:45:06 PM
I''m sleepy.

Also, if you were hosting board games and beer night for a group of girls, what snacks would you have? Salty or sweet?
Both, please! Although I did not get my invite...
Shoot! Stupid mailman....*kicks rocks*

I''m thinking chips and salsa and maybe brownies. I want to try out my new edge pan...
Oo, definitely do some brownies then. I wouldn''t be able to resist the edge pan!

Completely unrelated announcement:

MY GEMSTONES ARE OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!
36.gif

Probably won''t get them til tomorrow, though, cuz UPS won''t leave them...
7.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:49:51 PM
Author: vc10um

36.gif

7.gif
Ooooooh GEMSTONES!
36.gif

36.gif

7.gif
Woot! What, specifically, are you getting?

36.gif

7.gif
W00t w00t!!!
36.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:49:28 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:48:17 PM
Author: winelover23

Date: 2/26/2010 2:39:43 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:38:15 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:28:36 PM
Author: Squirrly

Date: 2/26/2010 2:20:09 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 2/26/2010 2:18:09 PM
*Sigh*

I want a tub with jets, elro!!! You lucky girl, you!!!
You can have it! In almost 3 years here I''ve never used it. DH claims he''s used it once, and my SIL used it once when she was visiting and we were away at work all day. She grabbed herself a beer (I think a 9% alcohol one) and had a bath! Lol.
that sounds wonderful. speaking of beer, i had a BBC stout yesterday and loved it, it made guinness taste like water.

off to work
39.gif
bye wifey! bye ST! have a great weekend, oh and wino those invites are adorable!
Thanks holds-nuts-in-cheek (your new native american name). Have a great weekend!
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif
How long have you been sitting on THAT one, Wino???
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Awhile
31.gif

Elro - Well thanks, I think she''s quite cute too!

Elle - Ya maybe don''t kidnap her. I will willingly let you babysit though!

I love compliments on my babeh!
I won''t. You went through labor for her. You earned her!

But we''re going shot for shot on Shirley Temples if I ever get to hang with her.
11.gif
LOL!

You two can come to the dance parties some of us have with a certain adorable PS toddler. Me + Tessa + Yo Gabba Gabba = dance-a-thon

Date: 2/26/2010 2:50:44 PM

36.gif

7.gif
Swala cut me a 10mm square sugarloaf amethyst (4.17 carats of grape jelly yumminess). And I also got a 5.3 mm round tsavorite that just glooooooows.
36.gif

It''s my first purchase! I''m SO excited!!!

36.gif

7.gif
YAY SHINIES!!!!!!!

Speaking of cute PS toddlers...

Fiery, if you''re lurking over here today, I saw your new avatar and, true to form, your LO gets cuter EVERY DAY.
36.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:51:57 PM

36.gif

7.gif
Swala cut me a 10mm square sugarloaf amethyst (4.17 carats of grape jelly yumminess). And I also got a 5.3 mm round tsavorite that just glooooooows.
36.gif

I can''t wait for pictures! Do you have plans to set them? Or are you just gonna wait and see?

I really want to get into some gemstone purchases. I guess I need a job first or DH will kill me
3.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 2:53:07 PM

Fiery, if you''re lurking over here today, I saw your new avatar and, true to form, your LO gets cuter EVERY DAY.
36.gif
I know, right?!?!?! I swear, PS makes the prettiest babies I''ve ever seen (yeah, PS *totally* has a hand in producing these kids
2.gif
). They are (dare I even say it????) prettier than the sparklies!

Date: 2/26/2010 2:55:00 PM

36.gif

7.gif
36.gif

I can''t wait for pictures! Do you have plans to set them? Or are you just gonna wait and see?

I really want to get into some gemstone purchases. I guess I need a job first or DH will kill me
3.gif
Not sure about the tsav yet. But the ammy is going in rose gold. Simple, like megeve''s sugarloafs (search for her thread...she did a tsav and a spinel...one of which is in RG) but having the band taper toward the stone instead of being the same thickness all the way around.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:55:00 PM

36.gif

7.gif
36.gif

3.gif
There''s a very specific stone I want, but I''m terrified it''s going to disappear before I decide to suck it up and spend the $200 on it. I can afford it, but it makes me all nervous to spend it. And that''s stupid, because that''s like, 2 trips to Target and dinner out. It''s just that spending it all at once scares me.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:56:29 PM

36.gif
I know, right?!?!?! I swear, PS makes the prettiest babies I''ve ever seen (yeah, PS *totally* has a hand in producing these kids
2.gif
Yes, you do dare! And yes, you are right!

But my fave pics are the ones of the push presents with the baby feet and fingers. I don''t know whether to tear up or drool.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:58:28 PM

36.gif
2.gif

But my fave pics are the ones of the push presents with the baby feet and fingers. I don''t know whether to tear up or drool.
E B''s av is one of my favourites ever.

Date: 2/26/2010 2:58:27 PM
There''s a very specific stone I want, but I''m terrified it''s going to disappear before I decide to suck it up and spend the $200 on it. I can afford it, but it makes me all nervous to spend it. And that''s stupid, because that''s like, 2 trips to Target and dinner out. It''s just that spending it all at once scares me.
I know this feeling. A few hundred bucks isn''t a big deal, but I''m always afraid I would find another stone I liked as soon as I bought one. Or something. There are probably 5 different stone types that I want and I don''t know where to start.

Plus I''m afraid that setting will end up costing way more than the stone. DH wouldn''t care if I bought a $200 stone, but he''d definitely notice when I spent $500 to get it set! Haha.

Date: 2/26/2010 3:03:52 PM

I know this feeling. A few hundred bucks isn''t a big deal, but I''m always afraid I would find another stone I liked as soon as I bought one. Or something. There are probably 5 different stone types that I want and I don''t know where to start.

Plus I''m afraid that setting will end up costing way more than the stone. DH wouldn''t care if I bought a $200 stone, but he''d definitely notice when I spent $500 to get it set! Haha.
I''m weak. Weak I tell you!

I just bought it. Heheheehehehehe. But, to be fair, I''ve been waiting almost 2 months for this one, and the fear that somebody would take it finally overwhelmed me. It''s a stone to match the ring in my av, (the one I have is .18 H/VS 3.4and a bit x 3.4and a bit and the new one is .19 G/VS 3.5x3.5) and they''re going into the 3-prong martinis. The settings will actually be less than the stones, thank goodness. And while very little about me is dainty, my earlobes are, so I have a feeling I won''t need a bigger pair for quite a while. Besides, .37ctw is pretty darn good!

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/jewlery_detail.php?id=43&page=1

Date: 2/26/2010 2:59:43 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 2:58:28 PM

36.gif
2.gif

E B''s av is one of my favourites ever.
OMG I KNOW!!!

And I knew exactly what I wanted in terms of the sugarloaf...the tsav was an afterthought because the shipping and export fees from Swala (which is in Tanzania) were nearly as much as the amethyst.
9.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 3:07:51 PM

I just bought it. Heheheehehehehe. But, to be fair, I''ve been waiting almost 2 months for this one, and the fear that somebody would take it finally overwhelmed me. It''s a stone to match the ring in my av, (the one I have is .18 H/VS 3.4and a bit x 3.4and a bit and the new one is .19 G/VS 3.5x3.5) and they''re going into the 3-prong martinis. The settings will actually be less than the stones, thank goodness. And while very little about me is dainty, my earlobes are, so I have a feeling I won''t need a bigger pair for quite a while. Besides, .37ctw is pretty darn good!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I'm weak. Weak I tell you!

I just bought it. Heheheehehehehe. But, to be fair, I've been waiting almost 2 months for this one, and the fear that somebody would take it finally overwhelmed me. It's a stone to match the ring in my av, (the one I have is .18 H/VS 3.4and a bit x 3.4and a bit and the new one is .19 G/VS 3.5x3.5) and they're going into the 3-prong martinis. The settings will actually be less than the stones, thank goodness. And while very little about me is dainty, my earlobes are, so I have a feeling I won't need a bigger pair for quite a while. Besides, .37ctw is pretty darn good!

Fantastic!
30.gif
Absolutely worth $200. I want OMC studs like nobody's business! I'd love to see what that ctw looks like when they're all done.

LOL.

Glad you bought it!
9.gif

I love that stone P! I want to buy all of the little ones, they''re so adorable!

Hubs got mad when I suggested upgrading the other night, so I''m screwed!
7.gif

I''m 3.5 hours behind but...

Date: 2/26/2010 11:50:56 AM

Date: 2/26/2010 11:46:29 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
yea, choking on a boner.

Aaaaannnnnnd bazinga!
HH, I love that your signature is ''Bazinga'' - it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Oh, how many Office fans do we have here? How many of us are counting down to Thursday? THEY''RE HAVING A BABY, PEOPLE!
I have recently become totally OBSESSED with The Office! I watch a handful of episodes on DVR every day. I think I''ve seen almost every one! I am So so so so so soo excited about the baby! There is something about Jim and Pam that just makes me go, "Awwwwwwww!"

Date: 2/26/2010 11:57:03 AM

Date: 2/26/2010 11:55:45 AM
Author: ladypirate
OK, I think I added C-Tek.
Does she look 12 years old?
12 years old?!?!? I look 12 years old?
6.gif

Princess - Oooh jealous! Nice purchase!

Oh and Mini would be down for a dance party N E TIME!

Thank you, ladies. I texted BF to tell him, and he said, "Congrats, sweetie." A true PSer''s BF!

I''ll be taking tons of pictures, do not worry about that!

Date: 2/26/2010 3:17:20 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/26/2010 11:57:03 AM

Date: 2/26/2010 11:55:45 AM
Author: ladypirate
OK, I think I added C-Tek.
Does she look 12 years old?
12 years old?!?!? I look 12 years old?
6.gif
Yes. It''s a compliment. I''m almost 33 so you can''t take it wrong.

So, I was telling M a story about you ladies, and I mentioned that you call me "P" (for obvious reasons), and his eyes kind of bugged out of his head. I forgot that''s what everybody calls his mom! It made me giggle.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP