shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 2/26/2010 3:40:02 PM
Author: jcarlylew
would it be bad if i made E a facebook page? even tho he is a technophobe?
I had to make J''s for him.

I say go for it.
9.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 3:39:21 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/26/2010 3:38:23 PM
Author: winelover23

Date: 2/26/2010 3:37:29 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 2/26/2010 3:35:02 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 2/26/2010 3:33:56 PM
Wino (and any other wine drinkers), do you know a trick to get out a stubborn cork? I cannot get this one out. I only havea a waiters'' corkscrew - our wing-style broke on another tough cork. It seems like a real cork, and it''s a Portuguese wine so I''m assuming it is. I''ve never had so much trouble with a real cork before! There''s gotta be some trick to this.
Push it into the bottle, and then drink up!

I can''t seem to budge it though - it or out.

Run the cork end under hot water for a minute then try again....

Elle - Freeze your samoas then try em.
That wont stop me.
No I mean eat them frozen, SOOOOO GOOOD!

Unfortunately, yeah. Not cool to make a page for somebody that doesn''t want one.

Success! It finally came out! I guess we just had to work on it for a while. My hand is red and sad now
7.gif

This wine better be darn good!

Date: 2/26/2010 3:44:07 PM
Success! It finally came out! I guess we just had to work on it for a while. My hand is red and sad now
7.gif

Drink entire said bottle, hand better.

Date: 2/26/2010 3:45:08 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 3:44:07 PM
7.gif

Drink entire said bottle, hand better.
Agreed.

Date: 2/26/2010 3:42:41 PM

Unfortunately, yeah. Not cool to make a page for somebody that doesn''t want one.
meh!

Date: 2/26/2010 3:18:57 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 3:17:20 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/26/2010 11:57:03 AM

Date: 2/26/2010 11:55:45 AM
Author: ladypirate
OK, I think I added C-Tek.
Does she look 12 years old?
12 years old?!?!? I look 12 years old?
6.gif
Yes. It''s a compliment. I''m almost 33 so you can''t take it wrong.
I was wondering what about my nameless site profile pic made me look 12.
3.gif
I''m not insulted!

Hmm, wine is ok. Not as good as I expected, but I think it needs a few minutes to open up and warm up (our basement is on the cold side). But yay for wine in the afternoon during a snow storm! Best thing ever.

Date: 2/26/2010 3:46:24 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 3:42:41 PM

meh!
I know, I know, I''m no fun.

Date: 2/26/2010 3:50:45 PM
Hmm, wine is ok. Not as good as I expected, but I think it needs a few minutes to open up and warm up (our basement is on the cold side). But yay for wine in the afternoon during a snow storm! Best thing ever.
What bottle did you open? Details!

Date: 2/26/2010 3:47:36 PM

6.gif
3.gif
I''m not insulted!
You just look so sweet and innocent.

It's Sociedade Agricola Seixais Dao Dom Fradique 2004. Here's the Wine Spectator review (because it's way better than I could write it):
A textbook Dão red, with loads of thick, juicy dark plum, boysenberry, leather and spice flavors. Shows bright acidity and a firm structure, with a long, mocha-filled finish. Perfect for grilled lamb. Jaén and Touriga Nacional.

eta: It's a Portuguese red, if that didn't make sense to anybody
3.gif
They're finally stocking more at my local store and I'm excited to get to know them better. I know the wine store owner loooves Spanish reds, so I think he's working to get the Portuguese too.

eta2: It was rated 90 points and only cost $9!!!

Date: 2/26/2010 3:55:04 PM
It''s Sociedade Agricola Seixais Dao Dom Fradique 2004. Here''s the Wine Spectator review (because it''s way better than I could write it):
A textbook Dão red, with loads of thick, juicy dark plum, boysenberry, leather and spice flavors. Shows bright acidity and a firm structure, with a long, mocha-filled finish. Perfect for grilled lamb. Jaén and Touriga Nacional.

eta: It''s a Portuguese red, if that didn''t make sense to anybody
3.gif
They''re finally stocking more at my local store and I''m excited to get to know them better. I know the wine store owner loooves Spanish reds, so I think he''s working to get the Portuguese too.

I love good cheap wine!

And for me, if it''s coming from Portugal, it better be a Tawny Port or a Vinho Verde.
18.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 3:55:04 PM
It''s Sociedade Agricola Seixais Dao Dom Fradique 2004. Here''s the Wine Spectator review (because it''s way better than I could write it):

eta: It''s a Portuguese red, if that didn''t make sense to anybody
3.gif
They''re finally stocking more at my local store and I''m excited to get to know them better. I know the wine store owner loooves Spanish reds, so I think he''s working to get the Portuguese too.

I
That bottle sounds promising! I hope it opens up a bit and gets better.

I''m not really a port drinker, but I heart Vinho Verde! I saw a new one of those at the store too, but I''m feeling reds all the time with the cold weather. I''ll have to get it next time I''m there.

Date: 2/26/2010 3:54:21 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 3:47:36 PM

6.gif
3.gif
I''m not insulted!
You just look so sweet and innocent.
Heeee... glad I can still fool someone!
11.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 4:01:03 PM
I''m not really a port drinker, but I heart Vinho Verde! I saw a new one of those at the store too, but I''m feeling reds all the time with the cold weather. I''ll have to get it next time I''m there.
I had some amazing ones (both Port and Verde) in Portugal. But my mom''s not a big port drinker, so we didn''t go to many caves. I was really sad about that and want to go back!!!

I like wine that has alcohol in it.

I''ve become such a local wine snob I hardly ever try anything else. I need to start.

Awww, somebody just told me I look like Liv Tyler. So sweet!

(Sorry, I think she''s really pretty, so I''ve got to take the compliments where I can get them, and then brag shamelessly!)

Date: 2/26/2010 4:07:16 PM

I''ve become such a local wine snob I hardly ever try anything else. I need to start.
I''ve been on a Zin kick lately - I never really drank it for some reason and kind of rediscovered it. But I''ve gone through my store''s selection, so now I''m trying the new Portuguese stuff. My store has tons of Spanish and Rhone stuff, which I adore, so I never get sick of trying everything!

Date: 2/26/2010 4:07:44 PM

(Sorry, I think she''s really pretty, so I''ve got to take the compliments where I can get them, and then brag shamelessly!)
She is very pretty, and I''d definitely take that as a compliment!

You do kinda look like her now that I think about it!

Date: 2/26/2010 4:05:35 PM
Author: vc10um

I had some amazing ones (both Port and Verde) in Portugal. But my mom''s not a big port drinker, so we didn''t go to many caves. I was really sad about that and want to go back!!!
Portugal is my favorite place! We lived there for a few months when I was 14 and it was amazing. I think about it all the time and I really want to go back. Unfortuantely I didn''t drink wine yet
3.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 4:11:00 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 4:05:35 PM
Author: vc10um

Portugal is my favorite place! We lived there for a few months when I was 14 and it was amazing. I think about it all the time and I really want to go back. Unfortuantely I didn''t drink wine yet
3.gif
My mom took me there for my college graduation present. A friend of hers was over there for 2 years with her husband, who was launching a new plant for his company. We visited them near Oporto and then went to Lisbon on our own for 3 days. L
30.gif
VED it.

Pictures please.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:07:16 PM

This. If I take this job offer and then get transferred up to Washington, I will be in wino H-E-A-V-E-N!!!

Speaking of wine, I am trying to decide what bottle we are going to open tomorrow in celebration of the job offer with DH''s parents. I''m greedy and don''t want to share anything too special but I want a good one... sigh.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:13:53 PM

Pictures please.
Dis is her:

live tyler.jpg

Dis is moi:

disisprincesss.jpg

Date: 2/26/2010 4:21:45 PM
Dis is moi:
Totally twinsies!!!

The resemblance is uncanny!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP