clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 2/26/2010 4:52:37 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/26/2010 4:49:25 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/26/2010 4:47:07 PM
Our mortgage is actually less than that... for a 3 BR/1 Bath house just outside of Philly. I wonder if I will miss my garden!
HOW do you manage with one potty?
Welll, I lied. We actually have a toilet in the basement as well. Though, we didn''t use it until we decided to renovate our bathroom on our own so we''ve been pooing in the basement. I greew up in a 1.5 bath home where I pretty much shared the full bath with my father and mom got the half bath so I guess I''m used to fewer toilets.
Ditto. My mom and I shared one full bath to get ready, and my dad would brush his teeth and stuff in the half bath. But now DH and I have double sinks - I''ll never go back! I love being able to get ready for bed at the same time.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:48:52 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 2/26/2010 4:45:57 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 4:43:10 PM
I pay almost that much for less space in uber-boring suburban CT
39.gif
That''s way cheaper than I expected Berkley to be.
But Western CT is really pretty! I will give you boring though. If you don''t have lots of cash to spend shopping, I can see getting bored there quickly. One of my closest friends got married in Westport (she is from there... you can see her wedding pics in my pics on the nameless site). I loved being around to help her plan because its so picturesque.

The coast is really pretty, and actually interesting - unfortunately I''m 45 min north of there

7.gif
But DH works in NY so we kind of have to live up here. My first place was in Stamford and I loved living there, but $1600/month for 800sqft 1bdrm was a bit much. Our current town is ridiculously boring - far worse than Greenwich, Stamford, Westport, etc. I really want to move to the Hudson Valley now that I''m not working in CT anymore, but I hate moving and I love our place. Oh well!

Ahh I thought you were closer to the coast. Whoops! Where you are is about the 1/2 way point between my parents in RI and DH''s parents in NJ. I would not be shocked if we end up in that area at some point.

Our mortgage is actually less than that... for a 3 BR/1 Bath house just outside of Philly. I wonder if I will miss my garden!
Welll, I lied. We actually have a toilet in the basement as well. Though, we didn''t use it until we decided to renovate our bathroom on our own so we''ve been pooing in the basement. I greew up in a 1.5 bath home where I pretty much shared the full bath with my father and mom got the half bath so I guess I''m used to fewer toilets.
That is all I need is that second toilet. Febreze has NOTHING on J''s butt.

I basically had my own bathroom growing up. I have always been really weird about bathroom space/privacy. I''m just not tolerant of others in my bathroom. Maybe I should work on that.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:52:38 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 4:51:58 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 4:48:34 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 2/26/2010 4:46:04 PM
I have 1400 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, walk to downtown... 1,000.
3.gif
I dream of my friend''s bungalow: about 1,000 sq.ft., 2br, 1 bath, adorable neighbourhood, near all my friends, with a yard for $750. WANT.
I can''t do one bathroom. Ok I CAN, but thats the last amenity I would want to go!

We have a yard and driveway also. Nestled in between 2 parks and one awesome sledding hill.
36.gif
<------Jealous!
You''re always welcome to come sledding!

Date: 2/26/2010 4:54:41 PM

I basically had my own bathroom growing up. I have always been really weird about bathroom space/privacy. I''m just not tolerant of others in my bathroom. Maybe I should work on that.
I suppose it helps that DH and I will pee in front of each other. Not #2 though. That requires a closed door.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:53:50 PM
Author: winelover23

3.gif
Holy crap Elle! I''m coming to visit! Tell Ferris he can''t pee on me.

My house is 1700 sq ft w/ yard and our mortgage is $1,600. We bought our house out of foreclosure so we got a heckuva deal. It was built in 07'' and has all the upgrades. We bought it for 88k less than it was on the market for when it went into foreclosure. SCORE!
He has yet to pee on a human.
3.gif

Thats not bad for a 1700 sq foot house! I''d take that!

Date: 2/26/2010 4:54:04 PM

Ahh I thought you were closer to the coast. Whoops! Where you are is about the 1/2 way point between my parents in RI and DH''s parents in NJ. I would not be shocked if we end up in that area at some point.
Come visit! One of my good friends lives in Boston now, but lived in PA before so his girlfriend is still in Scranton. Whenever he drives between them he stops off to hang out with us. I love being right on the road to New England.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:55:51 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 4:53:50 PM

3.gif
Holy crap Elle! I''m coming to visit! Tell Ferris he can''t pee on me.

My house is 1700 sq ft w/ yard and our mortgage is $1,600. We bought our house out of foreclosure so we got a heckuva deal. It was built in 07'' and has all the upgrades. We bought it for 88k less than it was on the market for when it went into foreclosure. SCORE!
He has yet to pee on a human.
3.gif

Thats not bad for a 1700 sq foot house! I''d take that!
Phew, ok I will come visit then.

I want a house so badly, but things are just too expensive out here right now and A and I would rather rent and be able to save up for a few years to buy our "forever or for a really long time" home with everything we're looking for (or at least that possibility with a little elbow grease). I'm dying for a nice master bath and a garage, he's dying for a yard so he can plant a garden and the garage so he can work on his car.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:55:28 PM

I suppose it helps that DH and I will pee in front of each other. Not #2 though. That requires a closed door.
J pees in front of me, but not the other way around.

Reminds of that SATC episode where Miranda is dating that guy who takes a dump with the door wide open and carries on conversations.
14.gif
38.gif

Same here, VC. I really want a house so we can get a dog! And more bunzers!

DH really wants a yard to mow too.

I will admit that the only time I get really mad is when people talk to me in the bathroom. That''s my private space. PRIVATE. I''ve gotten better about it lately because we have a separate toilet room in our master bath. So now I''m okay with shower talking and tooth brushing talking, but when the toilet door is closed I am dead to the world.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:57:57 PM
Author: vc10um
I want a house so badly, but things are just too expensive out here right now and A and I would rather rent and be able to save up for a few years to buy our ''forever or for a really long time'' home with everything we''re looking for (or at least that possibility with a little elbow grease). I''m dying for a nice master bath and a garage, he''s dying for a yard so he can plant a garden and the garage so he can work on his car.
Garages are the bombshizzle. I love pulling right in to my warm garage and leaving my keys/purse in the car. J''s truck on the other hand stays in the driveway. Trucks need to be outside. It''s just the rules.

Date: 2/26/2010 4:59:30 PM

I will admit that the only time I get really mad is when people talk to me in the bathroom. That''s my private space. PRIVATE. I''ve gotten better about it lately because we have a separate toilet room in our master bath. So now I''m okay with shower talking and tooth brushing talking, but when the toilet door is closed I am dead to the world.
Ohhh I do not like that!

I''m like Elliot from Scrubs.
37.gif

I yell at J all the time for asking me stuff while I''m on the toilet! Hate it!! I like to feel like I''m in my own world!

Date: 2/26/2010 4:59:48 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 4:57:57 PM
I want a house so badly, but things are just too expensive out here right now and A and I would rather rent and be able to save up for a few years to buy our ''forever or for a really long time'' home with everything we''re looking for (or at least that possibility with a little elbow grease). I''m dying for a nice master bath and a garage, he''s dying for a yard so he can plant a garden and the garage so he can work on his car.
Garages are the bombshizzle. I love pulling right in to my warm garage and leaving my keys/purse in the car. J''s truck on the other hand stays in the driveway. Trucks need to be outside. It''s just the rules.
Totally agree!

My bunneh just came out to play with me!!! Yay!

Date: 2/26/2010 5:03:20 PM
Pet him for me!

Hey bunneh, you wants me to rub your ears? Comere wittle wabbit!

Hi Otto the Bunneh!!!!
35.gif

And yes, trucks belong outside.

I just don''t know where people PUT THINGS here. None of the older homes have garages. Just carports. If that. WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR BOXES OF CRAP!?!? Your tools?!?! Your Lawn Mower, for gosh sakes!!!

Date: 2/26/2010 5:05:21 PM

Hi Otto the Bunneh!!!!
35.gif

I just don''t know where people PUT THINGS here. None of the older homes have garages. Just carports. If that. WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR BOXES OF CRAP!?!? Your tools?!?! Your Lawn Mower, for gosh sakes!!!
We do not have boxes of crap. REMEMBER?!

Date: 2/26/2010 5:10:59 PM

Hi Otto the Bunneh!!!!
35.gif

HAHA. YOU don''t. I *mostly* don''t. A...A is a WHOLE different story.
20.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 5:14:50 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 5:10:59 PM

Hi Otto the Bunneh!!!!
35.gif

HAHA. YOU don''t. I *mostly* don''t. A...A is a WHOLE different story.
20.gif
INTERVENTION!

Wino you would crap your pants if you saw J''s room.
38.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 5:16:15 PM
38.gif
.....and mine.....

Date: 2/26/2010 5:17:25 PM

Date: 2/26/2010 5:16:15 PM
38.gif
.....and mine.....
Ha!

One of these days, I will not be so attached to "things"...today is not that day. Tomorrow doesn''t look so great, either.
38.gif

Date: 2/26/2010 5:19:15 PM
One of these days, I will not be so attached to ''things''...today is not that day. Tomorrow doesn''t look so great, either.
38.gif
I always tell myself I''m going to get ruthless the next time I move.

Then I move, panic, and throw everything into a box. Oh well.

Date: 2/26/2010 5:19:15 PM
One of these days, I will not be so attached to ''things''...today is not that day. Tomorrow doesn''t look so great, either.
38.gif
It will happen after you have a kid. Things stopped mattering to me after Mini. I mean don''t get me wrong I love my "stuff" but I don''t get sentimental attachments to "things" anymore. I used though, totally. I was the person that didn''t let anyone borrow anything now I could care less.

Otto is ready for his slaves to pet him.

Also, I need to get a hobby other than taking pictures of my rabbit. Especially because the indoor lighting is not helpful!.

otto smushed.jpg

ARGH. PS ate my post.

Anyway, WL, I''m hoping you''re right...cuz I''m kinda banking on that, lol.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP