shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Morning everyone!

HH, I hope your day turns around!

Katy, yes, 95 is ridiculous. It''s much better up here for the most part, but there are occasional moment of insanity during rush hour
3.gif
I''m really tempted to move west, towards the Hudson Valley, but I can''t make the decision ... moving is just such a pain! You should totally move here though! That would give me an excuse to stay in CT if I actually knew someone in my town.

Gah! HH i accidentally "liked" your FB status!

Dang touchscreen phones.

Its unliked now, I think!
3.gif

They need to have a "dislike" feature, so when someone posts about having a cr@ppy day I can let them know I dislike that.

Date: 3/1/2010 9:44:56 AM
Author: elrohwen
They need to have a ''dislike'' feature, so when someone posts about having a cr@ppy day I can let them know I dislike that.
I know! Why doesnt that exist yet? There are groups about it and everything.

Stupid FB.

Ugh, DH emailed my resume to a bunch of people at his work (who have open positions) and almost all of them already emailed back that they don''t want me
15.gif
This job thing sucks.

Perhaps the creators of FB are of mere average intelligence and can''t quite figure it out yet...

Date: 3/1/2010 9:55:04 AM
Author: TheBigT
Perhaps the creators of FB are of mere average intelligence and can''t quite figure it out yet...
Well, the initial creator of FB was a Harvard student, so clearly he''s a member of the intellectual elite. Maybe he''s not as functional as everyone previously thought.

Date: 3/1/2010 9:57:35 AM

Well, the initial creator of FB was a Harvard student, so clearly he''s a member of the intellectual elite. Maybe he''s not as functional as everyone previously thought.
Say it ain''t so...

Date: 3/1/2010 9:54:25 AM
Ugh, DH emailed my resume to a bunch of people at his work (who have open positions) and almost all of them already emailed back that they don''t want me
15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

Sorry that happened Elro.

7.gif

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a job. I don''t know how clairitek did it. She must be of the highly functioning high IQ academic crowd!

41.gif
3.gif

I''ve been job hunting for 8 months and have only received one call back. My self esteem is in shambles.

Date: 3/1/2010 9:58:34 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 9:57:35 AM

Say it ain''t so...
Inconceivable.

ZING!

Good morning, everyone!
35.gif

I''m trying to fake it til I make it in terms of a good mood this morning...A and I had to sit in 30 minutes of extra traffic on the way to work for no apparent reason this morning, so I''m cranky.
38.gif

Morning VC!
35.gif

I just got desperate and lied on a resume about a skill. If I get a call back, DH has to give me a crash course in said skill.
3.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 9:58:56 AM
Author: elledizzy5

15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

7.gif

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a job. I don''t know how clairitek did it. She must be of the highly functioning high IQ academic crowd!

41.gif
3.gif

I''ve been job hunting for 8 months and have only received one call back. My self esteem is in shambles.
Yeah, it''s pretty bad. I think I could find a job fairly easily but only if 1) I was willing to stay in my previous field and 2) I was willing to move halfway across the country. Since DH loves his job, there''s no way we''re moving, so I''m stuck finding something here.

Two years ago I was sending out resumes within his company and someone actually approached me with a position. *Right* before I could interview, they went on a hiring free
7.gif
I''ve been trying to get back in ever since.

It just really makes me mad that no one wants to hire me outside of my industry. Ok, I had 3-4 years as a process engineer in a specific function, but I''m pretty sure if you hire me as a process engineer at your company I''ll figure it out! They don''t want to consider me like a new college hire, who would obviously have even less experience than me. That''s my biggest issue at the moment. That and everybody in my immediate area seems to want senior level people with 5-10 years of experience, not people like me.

Job hunting sucks! And you''re right, it really does affect your self esteem, no matter how much you tell yourself it shouldn''t.

Rant over!
3.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 10:02:15 AM
I just got desperate and lied on a resume about a skill. If I get a call back, DH has to give me a crash course in said skill.
3.gif
LARPing?

Morning, VC! Did you have fun playing with your new sparklies this weekend?

Date: 3/1/2010 10:03:45 AM

3.gif
LARPing?
ROFL

Date: 3/1/2010 10:03:45 AM

3.gif
LARPing?
LOL!
36.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 10:03:34 AM

15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

7.gif

41.gif
3.gif

Yeah, it''s pretty bad. I think I could find a job fairly easily but only if 1) I was willing to stay in my previous field and 2) I was willing to move halfway across the country. Since DH loves his job, there''s no way we''re moving, so I''m stuck finding something here.

Two years ago I was sending out resumes within his company and someone actually approached me with a position. *Right* before I could interview, they went on a hiring free
7.gif

It just really makes me mad that no one wants to hire me outside of my industry. Ok, I had 3-4 years as a process engineer in a specific function, but I''m pretty sure if you hire me as a process engineer at your company I''ll figure it out! They don''t want to consider me like a new college hire, who would obviously have even less experience than me. That''s my biggest issue at the moment. That and everybody in my immediate area seems to want senior level people with 5-10 years of experience, not people like me.

Job hunting sucks! And you''re right, it really does affect your self esteem, no matter how much you tell yourself it shouldn''t.

Rant over!
3.gif
There are so many people in the job market they can probably find *exactly* the person they''re looking for, so they don''t go beyond that and give people a chance who only have *similar* experience. It''s super annoying.
39.gif

I feel like I''m stuck in this crappy job forever. I almost cry now before I go to work. Clearly I need new coping skills.
20.gif

Im drinking my sorrows away today.
27.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 10:04:24 AM
Morning, VC! Did you have fun playing with your new sparklies this weekend?
I *did*!

Cellentani and I are meeting up for coffee this weekend and I get to play with HER sparklies, too!
36.gif
And she''s going to try to figure out ways I can take better pics with my camera, since she''s so amazing at it!
9.gif

AND it includes Panera.

Think I''m looking forward to the weekend???

Date: 3/1/2010 10:07:26 AM

There are so many people in the job market they can probably find *exactly* the person they''re looking for, so they don''t go beyond that and give people a chance who only have *similar* experience. It''s super annoying.
39.gif

I feel like I''m stuck in this crappy job forever. I almost cry now before I go to work. Clearly I need new coping skills.
20.gif

27.gif
I totally know what you''re going through. I used to cry all the time at my last job! It was just soul sucking. Losing it was rough, but I realize I''m so much better off. I''m just lucky that DH makes a good salary and with that + unemployment we''re doing ok. I''m just getting sick of sitting on my couch every day, but I remind myself that it''s better than traveling all the time and hating my life.

Date: 3/1/2010 9:38:51 AM
Gah! HH i accidentally ''liked'' your FB status!

Dang touchscreen phones.

3.gif

I had a dream that they finally added the "unlike" feature.

Fact.

Date: 3/1/2010 10:09:42 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 10:07:26 AM

39.gif

20.gif

27.gif
I totally know what you''re going through. I used to cry all the time at my last job! It was just soul sucking. Losing it was rough, but I realize I''m so much better off. I''m just lucky that DH makes a good salary and with that + unemployment we''re doing ok. I''m just getting sick of sitting on my couch every day, but I remind myself that it''s better than traveling all the time and hating my life.
It''s AWFUL when you hate your job! It''s the worst when you''re in a recession and people are like "At least you have one!" Well that''s no consolation when you''re miserable every day.
20.gif

I''m glad you guys are OK financially, because that is some serious stress when you need a job desperately and cant find one.

I envy your couch sitting right now, but I know its hard not to feel productive.

Date: 3/1/2010 10:11:39 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Dang touchscreen phones.

3.gif

I had a dream that they finally added the ''unlike'' feature.

Fact.
You have awesome dreams. Fact.

Date: 3/1/2010 10:13:51 AM

Dang touchscreen phones.

3.gif

Fact.
You''re just awesome. Bigger Fact.

Date: 3/1/2010 10:15:02 AM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/1/2010 10:13:51 AM

Dang touchscreen phones.

3.gif

Fact.
You''re just awesome. Bigger Fact.
She is intellectually elite... so awesomeness is inevitable.

15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

7.gif

41.gif
3.gif

7.gif

Rant over!
3.gif

Hear, hear, ladies. I''ve been unemployed for 6 of the last 8 months, and the other 2 months was a stupid temp position.

I''m dying. I''m miserable and sad and bored and I need an effing job already! And the job that told me they''d call me back by Friday never called! So I''m like... will they call me today? Are they those arses that just never let the people know they didn''t get the job, so they wait and wait until they give up hope and curl into a ball wishing to DIE?!!?!

Ugh. Why can''t it go my way??? Just this once? Before my savings run out?

Date: 3/1/2010 10:20:46 AM
Author: KatyWI

15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

7.gif

41.gif
3.gif

7.gif

Rant over!
3.gif

Hear, hear, ladies. I''ve been unemployed for 6 of the last 8 months, and the other 2 months was a stupid temp position.

I''m dying. I''m miserable and sad and bored and I need an effing job already! And the job that told me they''d call me back by Friday never called! So I''m like... will they call me today? Are they those arses that just never let the people know they didn''t get the job, so they wait and wait until they give up hope and curl into a ball wishing to DIE?!!?!

Ugh. Why can''t it go my way??? Just this once? Before my savings run out?
39.gif

I''m sorry its not working out for you either, Katy. I HATE when you nail an interview and don''t hear back. Its heartbreaking!

Katy, you should call them. Just mention that you''re really interested in the job, and are eager to hear their decision.

Katy, definitely call them.

How is it I''m freezing yet sweating like a fat trucker?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP