color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Cute shoes, Wino! You can wear whatever you want with your wedding dress
37.gif

how is everyone is this morning?

i have to work from 130-10 today. barf.

Hi, Jcar!

The only real nickname for Henry is Hank, which is lame. My brother just goes by Henry. He''s cute enough without a short nickname!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:56:09 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
The only real nickname for Henry is Hank, which is lame. My brother just goes by Henry. He''s cute enough without a short nickname!
How about Henners? lol

I''m very much planning on naming a son Henry (if only DH would agree).

I love Audrey too! I''ve only known two, and they were actually roommates in my dorm hallway.

Date: 3/1/2010 11:40:00 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/1/2010 11:37:31 AM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/1/2010 11:36:06 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/1/2010 11:31:08 AM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Oh, and big booby ladies...have you tried halter bathing suits, instead of underwire. They are literally a pain in the neck if you''re wearing it for too long but offer good support and look cute! That''s usually what I end up in.
Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

(Side note: Elro, I tried to make your name somehow work out to ''Lauren'' for the longest time! I''ve got no idea what your actual name is, but I somehow convinced myself that sounding it out would lead me to ''Lauren''.)
Take off the ''en'' and add an ''a''. You''re very close! Hahaha. You must have psychic name guessing abilities!
Do you ever get mad your name cant be shortened into anything nick-namey?

I would complain about that, and people would say, ''Well you could be Laura''

No... thats a different name!
I had a friend in HS go by LoLo. But she''s still a teenybopper at 27 so I don''t recommend it.

I actually not a huge fan of names with nicknames. I kind of what to pick a name I like and actually use that name. Like, I prefer Kate and Beth over the full names. Maybe my parents rubbed off on me. Plus, our last name is kind of long, so I would feel bad if we gave our kid a 10 letter first name to go with a 10 letter last name.

We call him Hendor sometimes but it''s a family thing.

The nickname Lo makes me think of the girl from the Hills. I love her!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:58:12 AM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 3/1/2010 11:40:00 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:37:31 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:36:06 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:31:08 AM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Oh, and big booby ladies...have you tried halter bathing suits, instead of underwire. They are literally a pain in the neck if you''re wearing it for too long but offer good support and look cute! That''s usually what I end up in.
Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

(Side note: Elro, I tried to make your name somehow work out to ''Lauren'' for the longest time! I''ve got no idea what your actual name is, but I somehow convinced myself that sounding it out would lead me to ''Lauren''.)
Take off the ''en'' and add an ''a''. You''re very close! Hahaha. You must have psychic name guessing abilities!
Do you ever get mad your name cant be shortened into anything nick-namey?

I would complain about that, and people would say, ''Well you could be Laura''

No... thats a different name!
I had a friend in HS go by LoLo. But she''s still a teenybopper at 27 so I don''t recommend it.
Haha!

Wifey I love those shoes!
30.gif
They''re perfect because the bows make them fancy and the cork goes with the winery!
9.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 11:55:41 AM
Author: jcarlylew

I''m good!

That is a gross shift.
14.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 12:04:13 PM

I''m good!

That is a gross shift.
14.gif
LOL, sometimes I work 1-10 and I love it! I feel more alert and then I can actually USE my mornings instead of collapsing on the couch when I get home.

I''m good!

That is a gross shift.
14.gif
Ditto. Those always felt soooooooooo long.

No word from dream job, but I found another similar one!! I''m totally applying. One of these b!tches has to hire me.

Date: 3/1/2010 12:07:26 PM

I''m good!

That is a gross shift.
14.gif
Ditto. Those always felt soooooooooo long.

No word from dream job, but I found another similar one!! I''m totally applying. One of these b!tches has to hire me.
Good luck, Sunny!

Date: 3/1/2010 12:03:55 PM
Wifey I love those shoes!
30.gif
They''re perfect because the bows make them fancy and the cork goes with the winery!
9.gif
GENIUS! Thank you for helping me justify not wearing crazy pumps that I''d break my neck in....

just saying...
my nick name was jamasaurus. so, you can make ANY name into a nickname with "saurus" at the end of it.

Date: 3/1/2010 12:14:44 PM
just saying...
my nick name was jamasaurus. so, you can make ANY name into a nickname with ''saurus'' at the end of it.
Excellent point.

I am now Laurasaurus. So is Elro.

Date: 3/1/2010 12:06:55 PM

I''m good!

That is a gross shift.
14.gif
LOL, sometimes I work 1-10 and I love it! I feel more alert and then I can actually USE my mornings instead of collapsing on the couch when I get home.
thats just wrong. i never love working late. i am worthless after 6pm

hi eberybody

I was just thinking, I am going to be a much happier person in a few days...when all this school stuff is over for a while.

ELRO!!! I could really use some cute bunneh pictures right now. Will you indulge me?
9.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 12:15:56 PM
Author: Bia
hi eberybody

I was just thinking, I am going to be a much happier person in a few days...when all this school stuff is over for a while.
I''m glad, B!

Happy wife = happy life!
41.gif

Goodluck, Sunny!!

T, bunneh pics are on the way!

Date: 3/1/2010 12:18:17 PM
Goodluck, Sunny!!

Woot!

hi eberybody

"A while" meaning spring break or "a while" meaning FOR EVAAAAAA?

''Scuze my ignorance, I''ve been out of the ST loop for a while.

Date: 3/1/2010 9:58:56 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 9:54:25 AM
Ugh, DH emailed my resume to a bunch of people at his work (who have open positions) and almost all of them already emailed back that they don''t want me
15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

Sorry that happened Elro.
7.gif

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a job. I don''t know how clairitek did it. She must be of the highly functioning high IQ academic crowd!
41.gif
3.gif

I''ve been job hunting for 8 months and have only received one call back. My self esteem is in shambles.
I''m sorry about that too, Elro.

And Elle- I''m not THAT highly functioning. I just want to get into a field that not too many people want to be in. I think it also helps that I have direct experience, whereas most of the people who I am competing with haven''t research composites or had hands on experience.

Date: 3/1/2010 12:18:58 PM
Author: TheBigT

Goodluck, Sunny!!

Woot!
BIG do you have class today?

When is your spring break?

Date: 3/1/2010 12:22:01 PM
Date: 3/1/2010 12:18:58 PM

Author: TheBigT

Goodluck, Sunny!!

Woot!
BIG do you have class today?

When is your spring break?
Yeah, but on Mondays I don''t have class until 4. I just finished my dreadful outline & sent it, and now I''m reading for this afternoon. I tend to read a page, post on PS, read a page, post on PS. It makes the day fly by.
2.gif
3.gif

Spring break is end of March/beginning of April -- that week that crosses over.
When is yours??

Date: 3/1/2010 12:21:30 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/1/2010 9:58:56 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 9:54:25 AM
Ugh, DH emailed my resume to a bunch of people at his work (who have open positions) and almost all of them already emailed back that they don''t want me
15.gif
This job thing sucks.

I can drink to that!

Sorry that happened Elro.
7.gif

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a job. I don''t know how clairitek did it. She must be of the highly functioning high IQ academic crowd!
41.gif
3.gif

I''ve been job hunting for 8 months and have only received one call back. My self esteem is in shambles.
I''m sorry about that too, Elro.

And Elle- I''m not THAT highly functioning. I just want to get into a field that not too many people want to be in. I think it also helps that I have direct experience, whereas most of the people who I am competing with haven''t research composites or had hands on experience.
Yeah, hiring managers have the ability to be super picky right now. Its great for people with experience (like you!0, not so much for those without (me!).

I should have gotten my degree in something math/sciencey. I''d be having a lot easier time.

Date: 3/1/2010 12:21:27 PM

hi eberybody

''A while'' meaning spring break or ''a while'' meaning FOR EVAAAAAA?

''Scuze my ignorance, I''ve been out of the ST loop for a while.
Until June
9.gif

Then, until I start the next program in Sept (that I might not start if I don''t get in
41.gif
)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP