shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

OMG Elro, Happy Belated Birthday! We all pitched in and got you this
emgift.gif
!

I must need coffee because I just noticed I said a serious of facials instead of a SERIES. WTH? I''m cracked out on cough syrup.

Date: 3/1/2010 11:28:36 AM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Date: 3/1/2010 11:25:06 AM
Author: elrohwen
Thanks, ladies! I''m 26 now - crossed the hump towards 30!
Happy Birthday elro! Oh gosh, you ARE all babies! I will be 30 in June!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Then I''m totally not going to tell you that I turn 24 in May.

I mean...oops.

Date: 3/1/2010 11:26:33 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/1/2010 11:23:00 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:17:10 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:13:47 AM
You guys are making me want to buy some new suits! My I''ll ask DH if I can get a few new ones and call them my bday presents
2.gif
I''ve had the same two for years now and if I''m going back to the Bahamas I need some new ones!

Anybody know a good place to get suits with a lot of support? VS does have underwire tops that provide support and I like their stuff, just looking for other ideas. Man, I wish I had a small chest so I could wear all the other cute suits!
No idea. I just hang loose in my suits, honestly. I don''t like the look of underwire suits. They just make me feel like i''m wearing a bra, and swimsuits should be more fun than that.

That said, I''m going to at least try one this year.

I''m far too big to hang loose. Lol. I don''t know how the big chested VS girls look so good ... Either they''re fake and hold themselves up, or they use some tricky thing while they''re doing photoshoots. I actually like that underwire suits feel like bras - I feel so much more comfortable with support.

Elle, having big boobs sucks! Stop wishing for them! My mom and I agreed that I should go for a reduction/lift after I''m done having kids - I can''t wait!
I''m going to have to try them. Mine are big but not huge (solidly in the D range), so I can get away without support sometimes, but not often.
I''m also a solid D - even some of the underwire ones aren''t that supportive, because the fabric is just thin suit fabric - I should just wear a bra to the beach. Lol. I actually kind of like the push-up style ones because they''re meant to lift, which is what I need (though I can without the extra cleavage
3.gif
)

Date: 3/1/2010 11:29:06 AM
Author: winelover23
OMG Elro, Happy Belated Birthday! We all pitched in and got you this
emgift.gif
!
LMAO!!

Oh, and big booby ladies...have you tried halter bathing suits, instead of underwire. They are literally a pain in the neck if you''re wearing it for too long but offer good support and look cute! That''s usually what I end up in.

Date: 3/1/2010 11:28:33 AM
Author: KatyWI
I''m with Elro..... big ta-tas are a HUGE pain in the you-know-what... and the only cosmetic surgery I''ll ever consider is the post-kid-boobie-do-over
9.gif
High five to this!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:30:14 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:26:33 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:17:10 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:13:47 AM
You guys are making me want to buy some new suits! My I''ll ask DH if I can get a few new ones and call them my bday presents
2.gif
I''ve had the same two for years now and if I''m going back to the Bahamas I need some new ones!

Anybody know a good place to get suits with a lot of support? VS does have underwire tops that provide support and I like their stuff, just looking for other ideas. Man, I wish I had a small chest so I could wear all the other cute suits!
No idea. I just hang loose in my suits, honestly. I don''t like the look of underwire suits. They just make me feel like i''m wearing a bra, and swimsuits should be more fun than that.

That said, I''m going to at least try one this year.

I''m far too big to hang loose. Lol. I don''t know how the big chested VS girls look so good ... Either they''re fake and hold themselves up, or they use some tricky thing while they''re doing photoshoots. I actually like that underwire suits feel like bras - I feel so much more comfortable with support.

Elle, having big boobs sucks! Stop wishing for them! My mom and I agreed that I should go for a reduction/lift after I''m done having kids - I can''t wait!
I''m going to have to try them. Mine are big but not huge (solidly in the D range), so I can get away without support sometimes, but not often.
I''m also a solid D - even some of the underwire ones aren''t that supportive, because the fabric is just thin suit fabric - I should just wear a bra to the beach. Lol. I actually kind of like the push-up style ones because they''re meant to lift, which is what I need (though I can without the extra cleavage
3.gif
)
Yeah, I''m in denial and still wear string tops.
20.gif
But I will say there''s one underwire top in the VS swimsuit catalogue that I''m loving - the retro 50''s style top. SUPER cute!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:27:52 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/1/2010 11:26:51 AM
Author: TheBigT

I''m trying my best to feel sorry for you...
41.gif
Ditto.

Glad my b-pics include a bra that gives you like 18 cup sizes.
9.gif
YAY! Tehehe!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:31:08 AM
Oh, and big booby ladies...have you tried halter bathing suits, instead of underwire. They are literally a pain in the neck if you're wearing it for too long but offer good support and look cute! That's usually what I end up in.
The two I have now are halter and underwire
3.gif
I like them! Though they're gotta be the really thick halters, not the stringy ones that don't really hold up.
This is pretty much what my two suits are (but different colors/patterns): http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GK-204270&page=4&cgname=OSSWMFULZZZ&rfnbr=1414

This time I'm going to try getting some more two strap ones

I also really like this style: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GK-257656&page=1&cgname=OSSWMFULZZZ&rfnbr=1414
I'm not sure if that style top will look good on me, but I really like it!

Oh, and big booby ladies...have you tried halter bathing suits, instead of underwire. They are literally a pain in the neck if you''re wearing it for too long but offer good support and look cute! That''s usually what I end up in.
Like this!

Heading out to lunch! Back later!!!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:33:18 AM

The two I have now are halter and underwire
3.gif
I like them! Though they''re gotta be the really thick halters, not the stringy ones that don''t really hold up.
This is pretty much what my two suits are (but different colors/patterns): http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GK-204270&page=4&cgname=OSSWMFULZZZ&rfnbr=1414

This time I''m going to try getting some more two strap ones

I also really like this style: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GK-257656&page=1&cgname=OSSWMFULZZZ&rfnbr=1414
I''m not sure if that style top will look good on me, but I really like it!
Ooooo Elro, that''s really cute! I may have to try that
3.gif

Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

(Side note: Elro, I tried to make your name somehow work out to "Lauren" for the longest time! I''ve got no idea what your actual name is, but I somehow convinced myself that sounding it out would lead me to "Lauren".)

Date: 3/1/2010 11:36:06 AM

Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

(Side note: Elro, I tried to make your name somehow work out to ''Lauren'' for the longest time! I''ve got no idea what your actual name is, but I somehow convinced myself that sounding it out would lead me to ''Lauren''.)
Its a good name. Don''t fight it.

Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

(Side note: Elro, I tried to make your name somehow work out to ''Lauren'' for the longest time! I''ve got no idea what your actual name is, but I somehow convinced myself that sounding it out would lead me to ''Lauren''.)
Take off the "en" and add an "a". You''re very close! Hahaha. You must have psychic name guessing abilities!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:37:31 AM

Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

Take off the ''en'' and add an ''a''. You''re very close! Hahaha. You must have psychic name guessing abilities!
Do you ever get mad your name cant be shortened into anything nick-namey?

I would complain about that, and people would say, "Well you could be Laura"

No... thats a different name!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:40:00 AM

I would complain about that, and people would say, ''Well you could be Laura''

It''s funny you ask, because my parents picked it specifically because it didn''t have a nickname. They both hate their full names and go only by nicknames and they didn''t want me to have to deal with the same thing. I did have a freshman history teacher who gave every single kid a nickname, and he called me "Laur". Haha.

Date: 3/1/2010 11:07:07 AM
Author: winelover23

Date: 3/1/2010 11:05:45 AM
Wino - mine is from VS. I want to get the beach sexy non-wire halter in watercolour. That''s next. When I get home I''ll send you the link to mine.
Awesome thanks! Is it true to size?

This:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=463008&CategoryID=19137
Wino go to Target and look for this one, it''s similar:
Dammit, of course they don''t have it online. But the pattern and colors and style are similar, I swear!!
3.gif

Hiya ladies! DH''s bday went until late yesterday. So sleepy...still catching up.
24.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 11:40:00 AM

Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

Take off the ''en'' and add an ''a''. You''re very close! Hahaha. You must have psychic name guessing abilities!

I would complain about that, and people would say, ''Well you could be Laura''

I just say "Laur"
3.gif

Halters are ALL I wear.

And happy b-day, Elro!

YES! I''m awesome.

Ha! Laur just does not cut it for me!

I love my name, but wish I did have a nickname.

Other than L-dizzle.
3.gif

Laura + Elro = Lo!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:44:11 AM

Other than L-dizzle.
3.gif
Yeah, good luck coming up with one for "Sarah" (btw, if you can, I''m a. impressed and b. mad you weren''t around when I was one of 3 or 4 Sarahs in a class - I could have used help!).

Date: 3/1/2010 11:45:45 AM

Other than L-dizzle.
3.gif
Yeah, good luck coming up with one for ''Sarah'' (btw, if you can, I''m a. impressed and b. mad you weren''t around when I was one of 3 or 4 Sarahs in a class - I could have used help!).
Yeah, another toughie!

My kids will have nick-namey names!

Date: 3/1/2010 11:45:20 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Laura + Elro = Lo!
Love it!

Other than L-dizzle.
3.gif
Sowwy
39.gif

morning all!!
35.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 11:46:54 AM

Date: 3/1/2010 11:45:45 AM

Other than L-dizzle.
3.gif
Yeah, good luck coming up with one for ''Sarah'' (btw, if you can, I''m a. impressed and b. mad you weren''t around when I was one of 3 or 4 Sarahs in a class - I could have used help!).
Yeah, another toughie!

My kids will have nick-namey names!
Yeah, in HS I just went by my last name. Now one of my friends on my Ultimate teams calls me that (because, again, we had two Sarahs), but that''s it.

For kids names, though, I tend to like names that can''t be shortened or that can be but it turns them into something easy to make fun of (I love Henry and Audrey - Henry I can''t think of a nickname, and Audrey could easily become "Aud" which I think is cute, but would suck in middle school).

Date: 3/1/2010 11:45:20 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Laura + Elro = Lo!
CUTE!

Sunny - Morning Wifey! I should totally check out Target since I feel like I need 87 bathing suits and that''s not really in the budget! I get so nervous that people are going to look at my and thing "wow that lady is way too old to shop in this section" or "she must be picking out a bathing suit for her daughter".

Can I wear these w/ my wedding dress?

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=4&sort=&category=cat20034&prodId=199812&brand=

Morning, Jcar!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP