clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/2/2010 2:14:53 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/2/2010 2:12:40 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/2/2010 12:34:25 PM
Author: winelover23
The words bunneh and veggeh is making me laugh uncontrollably. I''m just imagining us all talking like that at a GTG and how crazy we''d all sound.
36.gif

I HEART OTTO!
30.gif
I''m right there with you Wino. Anything ending in ''eh is just too cute.
I love when people quote comments from earlier in the day because I sometimes miss them the first time around.

I''m actually most excited for GTGs to put VOICES to the text. I hear all of you in my head, but I have NO CLUE if that''s how you actually sound.
9.gif
hearing voices in your head is bad enough but hearing ST just might be a whole new level. obviously you must stay at home and recooperate!

morning ladies!

Morning, HH!

Wifey, glad to see you back!!
35.gif

I''m gonna be kind of MIA today - dentist appointment at 9am
39.gif
then off to play with bunnehs (as long as the snow doesn''t get any worse).

I''m all flossed and brushed and ready for my dentist appointment. Ugh ... I hope they''re quick about it.

Eww, R. Patts was on the Daily Show. Does anyone else find him super creepy? I usually looove a guy with a British accent, but he is just not attractive.

Morning everyone!

When is your dentist appt elro?

The dentist scares me!

boo for the dentist taking you from us El! RPat does nothing for me. Neither does KStew.

So I''m slightly annoyed this morning about something totally out of my control. SIL and BIL have decided they want to come and visit over the weekend of the 13th. We said great, no problem, can''t wait to see you and the girls (our 2 nieces). So DH and I figured out a plan to take them all to the Boston Children''s Museum or Aquarium and then shop and go out to dinner in the N. End. BIL emailed yesterday to say that they''re definitely coming, but not bringing the girls. I''m SO BUMMED!!! BIL is a raging alcoholic who is going to want to go out to the bars, which normally wouldn''t be a problem except I''m off the booze right now. There''s literally nothing else fun or easy to do with them. There are no events going on in Boston or Providence so we can a. go to a bar, b. go shopping, c. hang out around the house. So not my idea of a fun time. I''m really frustrated because I know they don''t get much time alone together but I feel like their coming to visit is now an imposition because we''re going to have to entertain them the whole time. So I don''t want to turn them down but I''m dreading having them come to visit
33.gif

morning!!!!!!!!

Presentation was put of until the LAST class...whenever THAT IS
9.gif

YAY!

Date: 3/3/2010 9:23:12 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
So I'm slightly annoyed this morning about something totally out of my control. SIL and BIL have decided they want to come and visit over the weekend of the 13th. We said great, no problem, can't wait to see you and the girls (our 2 nieces). So DH and I figured out a plan to take them all to the Boston Children's Museum or Aquarium and then shop and go out to dinner in the N. End. BIL emailed yesterday to say that they're definitely coming, but not bringing the girls. I'm SO BUMMED!!! BIL is a raging alcoholic who is going to want to go out to the bars, which normally wouldn't be a problem except I'm off the booze right now. There's literally nothing else fun or easy to do with them. There are no events going on in Boston or Providence so we can a. go to a bar, b. go shopping, c. hang out around the house. So not my idea of a fun time. I'm really frustrated because I know they don't get much time alone together but I feel like their coming to visit is now an imposition because we're going to have to entertain them the whole time. So I don't want to turn them down but I'm dreading having them come to visit
33.gif
I hate that! Why is it that you can love your family (and have a great time with them) but sometimes their coming to visit is something you dread? It's weird.

HH
9.gif
, they know you're pregnant, would they still expect you to take them to bars for two nights straight? How about dinner, movies...bowling...BIL can drink at bowling.

Sadly yes, he''d expect me to pack up carlos and go out with them and be the DD.

Date: 3/3/2010 8:49:40 AM
Author: elrohwen
Eww, R. Patts was on the Daily Show. Does anyone else find him super creepy? I usually looove a guy with a British accent, but he is just not attractive.
He looks like a caveman. The only role he should have gotten is on a Geico commercial.

HH, sorry they''re not bringing the girls. I hate having to entertain people the whole time - it''s why I rarely have visitors.

Date: 3/3/2010 9:42:39 AM
Sadly yes, he''d expect me to pack up carlos and go out with them and be the DD.
Well then he''s an a$$.

Is he DH''s brother, or DH''s BIL?

DH's BIL. I really dislike him. Not only is he an alcoholic, but he's a total jackace too.

Example, when SIL was pregnant with #1 she had to have several friends on speed dial to bring her to the hospital because she couldn't guarantee that BIL would be sober when she went into labor.

HH, do you really have to entertain them the whole time? Maybe they can find their own way around while you hang out at home -- tell them you''re nesting or something. Or maybe you and SIL can go shopping (for pants?
3.gif
) while hubs and BIL go off and do manly things.

Yay Bia! Now you don''t have to give any haircuts...

I don''t care for R Patts either. I think it''s the hair. I want to buy him a comb.

Yea we''ll figure something out. I was just looking forward to time with the bebe nieces.

Date: 3/3/2010 9:47:13 AM
Yea we''ll figure something out. I was just looking forward to time with the bebe nieces.
that sucks.

Speaking of nieces and nephews...I''m annoyed at my F-in-laws because every time we offer to take care of FIs nephew, they step in! Baby nephew loves me (and my boobs) but doesn''t love his godfather and uncle (FI) because we never get a chance to really be alone with him. I know SIL would leave him with us, but FMIL HOGS him!!!

Morning, all!

Sorry bout your BIL and SIL, wifey. That sucks that you won''t get to see your nieces!
39.gif

RPat creeps me out. I thought he was G
30.gif
RG as Cedric Diggory. Now...he''s...ew.

And yay for your presentation, B!

Date: 3/3/2010 9:50:41 AM
Author: Bia

that sucks.

Speaking of nieces and nephews...I''m annoyed at my F-in-laws because every time we offer to take care of FIs nephew, they step in! Baby nephew loves me (and my boobs) but doesn''t love his godfather and uncle (FI) because we never get a chance to really be alone with him. I know SIL would leave him with us, but FMIL HOGS him!!!
Me too!
9.gif

I''d be bummed too. I LOVE hanging out with my nieces. Thats why I have siblings!
3.gif

Working from home today!
36.gif

We woke up late, so I made A breakfast (egg and turkey bacon sandwich and coffee) to go while he got ready. Then picked up McD''s Hotcakes for myself on the way home from dropping him off at work.
31.gif
I''m not a big fast food eater...but McD''s breakfast just is SO GOOD.

Date: 3/3/2010 10:02:18 AM
Working from home today!
36.gif

We woke up late, so I made A breakfast (egg and turkey bacon sandwich and coffee) to go while he got ready. Then picked up McD''s Hotcakes for myself on the way home from dropping him off at work.
31.gif
I''ve never had McD''s breakfast! Only hashbrowns once, but never anything else.

Lucky snatch! I wanna work from home!

Yea I am bummed, I heart those litter mother-effers. Sofia the youngest was totally hanging out with me the other weekend when we were at their house. I like SIL well enough but we don''t really have anything in common. She''s not really girly or into shopping or anything like that.

Date: 3/3/2010 10:03:57 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 3/3/2010 10:02:18 AM

Working from home today!
36.gif

31.gif

I''ve never had McD''s breakfast! Only hashbrowns once, but never anything else.

Lucky snatch! I wanna work from home!

It''s great one day a week. With our current setup...I couldn''t do it full time. Too close to TV and fridge, and not enough space.

Date: 3/3/2010 10:05:13 AM
Yea I am bummed, I heart those litter mother-effers. Sofia the youngest was totally hanging out with me the other weekend when we were at their house. I like SIL well enough but we don''t really have anything in common. She''s not really girly or into shopping or anything like that.
That would stress me out. I hate having to be the girly counterpart and hang out with a specific woman because we''re both female, yet have nothing in common.

Awkward social situations stress me out. Maybe because I''m socially awkward.

I love McD breakfasts. I get the eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and biscuits. I haven''t had hotcakes in years. The McGriddlers are good too.

Date: 3/3/2010 10:09:13 AM

That would stress me out. I hate having to be the girly counterpart and hang out with a specific woman because we''re both female, yet have nothing in common.

Right there with you, elle.

Date: 3/3/2010 10:09:13 AM

I hate that, too. Just because I''m a girl doesn''t mean I like every other girl on the planet.

I totally understand that! I wouldn''t want to hang out with my SIL either.
2.gif

I''ve never had breakfast from McDonald''s!! I don''t even know when was the last time I was in a McDonald''s -- maybe 10 years ago?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP