shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/3/2010 5:02:38 PM
Author: princesss
Bad things are brewing in my office. Bad bad things.

oooooh what''s going on?? **gets popcorn**

Date: 3/3/2010 5:04:42 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 3/3/2010 5:02:38 PM
Author: princesss
Bad things are brewing in my office. Bad bad things.

oooooh what''s going on?? **gets popcorn**
Lots of layoffs.

On a totally unrelated note, I have to say that I love snarky e-mails when they''re not directed at me!

I got my act together and applied for 5 jobs today and as BF isn''t home till later I need someone to give me a pat on the back and a cookie, any takers?
1.gif

**pats you on the back**

No cookie?
39.gif

Date: 3/3/2010 9:54:52 PM
Author: 4ever
No cookie?
39.gif
***Cookie*** for future girl!

AND a pat on the back!

9.gif

morning

Morning everyone!

*cookie* for future girl!

morning everyone...

getting ready to go to work. boo!

Good morning wife.

I''ve already been at work for a half hour!

Date: 3/4/2010 8:53:19 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Good morning wife.

my start time is flexible...what can I say?
9.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 8:54:07 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/4/2010 8:53:19 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Good morning wife.

my start time is flexible...what can I say?
9.gif
Slacker!

I wanna cookie too!

Funny story. On the way into work this morning I had to get my registration out of the glove box (to call the toyota dealer with) and I totally forgot that I had stashed an emergency supply of oatmeal cream pies in the glove box. Whoops, DH saw and was not happy with me!

ETA: so I took them to work and stashed them in my desk
3.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 8:59:21 AM
I wanna cookie too!

Funny story. On the way into work this morning I had to get my registration out of the glove box (to call the toyota dealer with) and I totally forgot that I had stashed an emergency supply of oatmeal cream pies in the glove box. Whoops, DH saw and was not happy with me!

ETA: so I took them to work and stashed them in my desk
3.gif
LOL. I love that anyone has an emergency supply of oatmeal cream pies! Fantastic!
36.gif

Ok seriously - how often can someone follow up on a job without getting annoying?

Sent my resume. Nothing. Sent follow up email. Nothing.

Do I just move on?

yes you do. then if they call you back, great.

It took a month and a half for my company to call me in for an interview.

Date: 3/4/2010 9:06:19 AM
yes you do. then if they call you back, great.

It took a month and a half for my company to call me in for an interview.
*sadface*

J keeps telling me I''m not aggressive enough. But I dont want to get arrested for stalking.

Morning everyone! Happy Thursday.

Seriously, let it go for now. You sent your thank you and you followed up. Let it go. If it''s meant to be, it will be.

Good morning Elro and Otto!

I'm watching 16 and Pregnant from earlier in the week and they're naming the kid Nevaeh. If everyone keeps naming their kids that there are going to be 5 million Nevaehs running around pretty soon
20.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 9:21:10 AM
Author: elrohwen
I''m watching 16 and Pregnant from earlier in the week and they''re naming the kid Nevaeh. If everyone keeps naming their kids that there are going to be 5 million Nevaehs running around pretty soon
20.gif
I saw that one! Well.. part of it.

MAN I love that show. Can we switch lives?

I feel like they raided the cast of Tool Academy for this season. The guys are all sooooo awful.

Date: 3/4/2010 9:24:17 AM
I feel like they raided the cast of Tool Academy for this season. The guys are all sooooo awful.
Nikkole''s boyfriend was the worst! OMG I almost had to change the channel it was so bad.

We should so switch lives for a week! I could go to MI and visit my relatives.

Date: 3/4/2010 9:25:39 AM
We should so switch lives for a week! I could go to MI and visit my relatives.
Perfect!
36.gif

Morning, ladies.

I want an oatmeal cream pie now, whatever that is.

Re: following up job applications, I think if you''ve just sent your resume, then a single follow-up email is fine. But if you''ve gone on an interview, a follow-up phone call is more appropriate. I KNOW, I hate the phone also, but e-mails are too easy to ignore.

Good morning, everyone!

Wife, can I have one of your emergency Oatmeal Cream Pies????
18.gif
I can''t keep them anywhere! For me..."it''s been 15 minutes since my last OCP" is an emergency!!!
20.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 9:38:38 AM
Author: TheBigT
Morning, ladies.

I want an oatmeal cream pie now, whatever that is.

Re: following up job applications, I think if you''ve just sent your resume, then a single follow-up email is fine. But if you''ve gone on an interview, a follow-up phone call is more appropriate. I KNOW, I hate the phone also, but e-mails are too easy to ignore.
OK. I can work with that!

I''m terrified of the phone. I get anxiety ordering pizza. I''ve dialed and hung up like 8 times before I can order food.

BUT. I''m going to snap if I don''t leave this job and at this point I''m just willing to do whatever it takes.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP