shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/3/2010 1:11:41 PM
Author: elrohwen
Am I the only girl in the country who doesn''t like scented candles? They give me a headache. The only scent I like is Pledge''s orange or clean smells - I spray down the wood furniture and the whole house smells lovely for a day or two. Or I just bake something and everything smells awesome! I love the smells of real food cooking, but not so much the fake scents in candles.

No scented lotions or perfumes for me either. I''m so boring.
I don''t like scented candles either. We never have them.

I dont wear scented lotion. I only wear perfume on special occassions.

Date: 3/3/2010 1:17:05 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/3/2010 1:11:41 PM
Am I the only girl in the country who doesn''t like scented candles? They give me a headache. The only scent I like is Pledge''s orange or clean smells - I spray down the wood furniture and the whole house smells lovely for a day or two. Or I just bake something and everything smells awesome! I love the smells of real food cooking, but not so much the fake scents in candles.

No scented lotions or perfumes for me either. I''m so boring.
I don''t like scented candles either. We never have them.

I dont wear scented lotion. I only wear perfume on special occassions.
Ok, I feel better now. Less like a freak.

Holy crap. Chobani has SO MUCH protein! Fantastic!
36.gif

This is my favorite bun - Sonnie. He''s sooo adorable and curious. I totally want to take him home, but I''m sure he would be a huge trouble maker (in a cute way).

sonnie bunneh 3.jpg

Here''s another of Sonnie. He kept trying to escape while I was taking pictures, so I had to shut the door on him.

sonnie bunneh 2.jpg

he IS cute!

I don''t remember the names of these two, because I never clean their cage, but they''re so cute. I love the color of the white and grey one in the back.

unknown bunnehs.jpg

The lighter colored one is Mary, she''s incredibly sweet and just wants pets all the time. I don''t remember the name of the black guy - he''s a little skittish, but totally cute with one ear up and one ear down.

mary bunneh.jpg

And finally - Molly. She''s pretty scary and likes to lunge at everyone, but she''s kind of cute. I feel bad for her because she clearly doesn''t like people. (though she''s not afraid, I opened the cage and was 6" away from her taking pictures and she didn''t care). She just doesn''t like people up in her bizness.

molly bunneh.jpg

Date: 3/3/2010 11:40:56 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/3/2010 11:39:42 AM
Author: Clairitek

BTW... still waiting to get my offer in writing! I''m a planner! I need to know wth is going on!
39.gif
Really? Still no written offer? That would drive me insane.
It is definitely driving me insane. They wanted to wait until they got my reference letters in.. a little backwards, IMO! They have already told me that I will definitely be getting an offer. So I wait...

Are all these pictures from the bunny rescue, Elro!? So cute!

Too bad the big floppy earred one is mean! I remember when I adopted Emma there was a really really mean cat there who looked identical. I went by to show my mother the cat I was going to adopt and mistook the mean one for my sweet Emma. I was soooo upset, until I looked around and found my mild tempered kitteh. I can still remember the first time I picked her up! She purred and kneaded my shoulder while I walked around with her. I knew right away it was
30.gif

Yep, all rescue bunnehs. I want to take them home!

It is a shame that Molly is mean. I think she would be less territorial if she was outside her cage, but she still doesn''t really like people and doesn''t like to be touched. I think they got her from a breeding situation where she was neglected, so she probably had no human contact while she was growing up. But she did let me clean out her cage today without attacking too much, so we''re making progress! It''s probably just because I don''t show fear anymore
3.gif

Date: 3/3/2010 1:29:34 PM
And finally - Molly. She''s pretty scary and likes to lunge at everyone, but she''s kind of cute. I feel bad for her because she clearly doesn''t like people. (though she''s not afraid, I opened the cage and was 6'' away from her taking pictures and she didn''t care). She just doesn''t like people up in her bizness.
OMG is that a French Lop? He looks like my Cheddar!

Date: 3/3/2010 1:33:22 PM
Are all these pictures from the bunny rescue, Elro!? So cute!

Too bad the big floppy earred one is mean! I remember when I adopted Emma there was a really really mean cat there who looked identical. I went by to show my mother the cat I was going to adopt and mistook the mean one for my sweet Emma. I was soooo upset, until I looked around and found my mild tempered kitteh. I can still remember the first time I picked her up! She purred and kneaded my shoulder while I walked around with her. I knew right away it was
30.gif
I love that moment when you just know! I had that with my Lola, and it was magical.

Didn''t have it with Ezra, but he was too goofy not to bring home. He''s been the source of endless entertainment ever since!

dbl post...

Date: 3/3/2010 1:37:57 PM
Yep, all rescue bunnehs. I want to take them home!

It is a shame that Molly is mean. I think she would be less territorial if she was outside her cage, but she still doesn''t really like people and doesn''t like to be touched. I think they got her from a breeding situation where she was neglected, so she probably had no human contact while she was growing up. But she did let me clean out her cage today without attacking too much, so we''re making progress! It''s probably just because I don''t show fear anymore
3.gif
Does she bite you ever? I am TERRIFIED of getting bitten by rabbits, gerbils, and hamsters. ESPECIALLY hamsters. I refuse to hold hamstesr... totally irrational fear!

LOOOOOOOVE the bunnehs, elro!!!

So cute with the ears up!!!

OMG I just died of cute!

THANK YOU for posting those, Elro!

Elro - Ok those bunnehs are cute but um, Otto is WAAAAAY cuter.

Date: 3/3/2010 1:53:35 PM
Author: winelover23
Ummmm, ditto.

Date: 3/3/2010 1:39:43 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 3/3/2010 1:29:34 PM
And finally - Molly. She''s pretty scary and likes to lunge at everyone, but she''s kind of cute. I feel bad for her because she clearly doesn''t like people. (though she''s not afraid, I opened the cage and was 6'' away from her taking pictures and she didn''t care). She just doesn''t like people up in her bizness.
OMG is that a French Lop? He looks like my Cheddar!
I honestly don''t know. She''s huge, and seems bigger than a mini lop, but she doesn''t seem like she would be 10+ lbs. She is pretty fat, so she might be a huge mini lop? I dunno ... I''m certainly not going to pick her up and weigh her! She does have that french lop face though. I might be bad at estimating bunneh weights.

She does have a tattoo in her ear, so I''m assuming she''s purebred one way or the other.

Date: 3/3/2010 1:43:04 PM
Does she bite you ever? I am TERRIFIED of getting bitten by rabbits, gerbils, and hamsters. ESPECIALLY hamsters. I refuse to hold hamstesr... totally irrational fear!

I haven''t been bitten because I''m too smart for them

3.gif
I use a shop vac to clean, and with the meaner ones I''ll put the vacuum hose between the bun and my hand. I''ll also use the hose to push newspaper to the back of the cage. Then bunny attacks hose! Haha. I think they''re mostly show though - boxing with their paws, lunging, not so much biting. They''re certainly capable of breaking skin though.

Date: 3/3/2010 2:07:47 PM
Author: vc10um

Ummmm, ditto.
Thritto. He''s clearly the cutest bunny that has ever existed.

Date: 3/3/2010 2:13:17 PM

Ummmm, ditto.
Duh!
36.gif

Date: 3/3/2010 2:19:21 PM

Date: 3/3/2010 2:13:17 PM

Ummmm, ditto.
Duh!
36.gif
Agreed.

Good morning.

I''m here today but not able to post much. I HATE tax season.
(someone -- or some computer -- messed up and a bunch of people didn''t get 1099s)

Date: 3/3/2010 2:11:14 PM

3.gif
I use a shop vac to clean, and with the meaner ones I''ll put the vacuum hose between the bun and my hand. I''ll also use the hose to push newspaper to the back of the cage. Then bunny attacks hose! Haha. I think they''re mostly show though - boxing with their paws, lunging, not so much biting. They''re certainly capable of breaking skin though.

OMG I had an evil rabbit that charged my hand and clamped down on my pinky. I jerked away and he was hanging on to my finger with his teeth! It was terrifying.

Date: 3/3/2010 3:42:23 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 3/3/2010 2:11:14 PM

3.gif

OMG I had an evil rabbit that charged my hand and clamped down on my pinky. I jerked away and he was hanging on to my finger with his teeth! It was terrifying.
LOL.

That is awful and hilarious all in one.

Slow in here today!

Bad things are brewing in my office. Bad bad things.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP