carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Good morning T and V!

Date: 3/4/2010 9:38:38 AM
Author: TheBigT
Morning, ladies.

I want an oatmeal cream pie now, whatever that is.

Re: following up job applications, I think if you''ve just sent your resume, then a single follow-up email is fine. But if you''ve gone on an interview, a follow-up phone call is more appropriate. I KNOW, I hate the phone also, but e-mails are too easy to ignore.

WOW, you don''t know what an oatmeal cream pie is??? They''re only the best snack food EVER (next to doritos and Jax cheese puffs)

http://www.littledebbie.com/products/OatmealPies.asp

Date: 3/4/2010 9:47:26 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
WOW, you don''t know what an oatmeal cream pie is??? They''re only the best snack food EVER (next to doritos and Jax cheese puffs)

Ohhhhh, it''s because I only eat "real" foods.
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif
20.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 9:51:30 AM

Ohhhhh, it''s because I only eat ''real'' foods.
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif
20.gif
HA.

HAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Date: 3/4/2010 9:51:30 AM

Ohhhhh, it''s because I only eat ''real'' foods.
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif
20.gif
It is real. Our ancestors survived on oatmeal cream pies.

It''s real, it''s oatmeal and cream!

Morning!

Whyyyyyy does my skin always break out right after I think it''s all cleared up? I''ve got two massive zits on my chin and they''re driving me NUTS.

Date: 3/4/2010 9:59:14 AM
Author: princesss
Morning!

Whyyyyyy does my skin always break out right after I think it''s all cleared up? I''ve got two massive zits on my chin and they''re driving me NUTS.
Sorry princesss.
7.gif
Skin breakouts make me depressed.

I am finally getting rid of this giant zit I''ve had for 3 weeks.

My skin has NEVER been as bad as it is right now. Pregnancy is making me go haywire. I''ve got rosacea/dry skin on my face, acne on my back (I''ve never had it here before) and acne on my SCALP!! Who breaks out on their scalp?!?

I will say, I finally was able to resist forcing them out last night, thinking they were going to stay under the skin and I should be good. I woke up to two massive white heads. UGH. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about them. But I have a handy dandy metal tool that minimizes how damaged the surrounding skin gets, so I got to take care of them with not too much inflamation. But there''s still the lumps. LAME.

Date: 3/4/2010 10:03:02 AM
My skin has NEVER been as bad as it is right now. Pregnancy is making me go haywire. I''ve got rosacea/dry skin on my face, acne on my back (I''ve never had it here before) and acne on my SCALP!! Who breaks out on their scalp?!?
See I already have bad skin. I''m hoping pregnancy makes it better. Ha!

Scalpne?? Awful! That must hurt!

Date: 3/4/2010 10:07:15 AM
I will say, I finally was able to resist forcing them out last night, thinking they were going to stay under the skin and I should be good. I woke up to two massive white heads. UGH. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about them. But I have a handy dandy metal tool that minimizes how damaged the surrounding skin gets, so I got to take care of them with not too much inflamation. But there''s still the lumps. LAME.
Fancy!

I find Origins "Spot Remover" can prevent zits from surfacing if you get them right away.

Hahaha I would have woken up and said "SCORE!!" But I''m a popper. Do you have any visine you can put on it?

DH has this thing! Haha. I''ve tried to use it on blackheads without success. And usually when I get big zits they don''t white head - they stay under the skin. Which is extremely annoying to me because I love to pop!

HH, sorry you have scalpne and backne! I''m afraid to get pregnant. My skin has been so awesome for the past few years, but I''m 95% sure it''s from taking BCP. I''m afraid of going off and getting preggers.

Date: 3/4/2010 10:18:12 AM
Author: elrohwen

I will say, I finally was able to resist forcing them out last night, thinking they were going to stay under the skin and I should be good. I woke up to two massive white heads. UGH. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about them. But I have a handy dandy metal tool that minimizes how damaged the surrounding skin gets, so I got to take care of them with not too much inflamation. But there's still the lumps. LAME.

DH has this thing! Haha. I've tried to use it on blackheads without success. And usually when I get big zits they don't white head - they stay under the skin. Which is extremely annoying to me because I love to pop!

HH, sorry you have scalpne and backne! I'm afraid to get pregnant. My skin has been so awesome for the past few years, but I'm 95% sure it's from taking BCP. I'm afraid of going off and getting preggers.
Ditto!! Or should I say, zitto?
3.gif
20.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 10:20:26 AM

DH has this thing! Haha. I''ve tried to use it on blackheads without success. And usually when I get big zits they don''t white head - they stay under the skin. Which is extremely annoying to me because I love to pop!

HH, sorry you have scalpne and backne! I''m afraid to get pregnant. My skin has been so awesome for the past few years, but I''m 95% sure it''s from taking BCP. I''m afraid of going off and getting preggers.

Ditto!! Or should I say, zitto?
3.gif
20.gif
38.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 10:03:02 AM
That is no fun, wife! So sorry!
39.gif

My skin has been okay lately...surprisingly enough.

I totally don''t use it the "right" way - I use it to scrape off the top whitehead, then use it to pop. Gross, but super satisfying.

Date: 3/4/2010 10:24:35 AM

I totally don''t use it the ''right'' way - I use it to scrape off the top whitehead, then use it to pop. Gross, but super satisfying.
HAHA. Pretty much says it all.

And I''m definitely a popper. It''s awful. But Visine, wife??? That works??? I guess "it gets the red out" of everything, huh?

I totally don''t use it the ''right'' way - I use it to scrape off the top whitehead, then use it to pop. Gross, but super satisfying.
That''s how I use it! Hahah. I seem to have better success with hand popping it though - I''m not very good at using the tool.

Soooo, I''m guessing chapter 3 of the Small Talk book will be DIY Dermatology?

I''m a hand popper and visine is proven to shrink the capillaries on the surface of the skin temporarily.

Date: 3/4/2010 9:25:10 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/4/2010 9:24:17 AM
I feel like they raided the cast of Tool Academy for this season. The guys are all sooooo awful.
Nikkole''s boyfriend was the worst! OMG I almost had to change the channel it was so bad.
Yes!!!! He infuriated me!
29.gif

I wanted to slap his mother for raising such a beast!

Date: 3/4/2010 10:32:30 AM
Author: Bia

I feel like they raided the cast of Tool Academy for this season. The guys are all sooooo awful.
Nikkole''s boyfriend was the worst! OMG I almost had to change the channel it was so bad.
29.gif

The guys on the first season were immature, but overall seemed like they kind of cared. The ones this season are just losers with a capital L!

29.gif

I KNOW! Worst mother ever. If my son treated his KU GF like that in the delivery room I would backhand him and rip him a new one.

Date: 3/4/2010 10:34:28 AM

29.gif

The guys on the first season were immature, but overall seemed like they kind of cared. The ones this season are just losers with a capital L!
Apparently MTV got crap for "glorifying teenage motherhood"
20.gif
so maybe they started making the guys be more obnoxious to show how much it sucks?

Date: 3/4/2010 10:28:13 AM

That''s how I use it! Hahah. I seem to have better success with hand popping it though - I''m not very good at using the tool.
Hahahaha, yeah, I''ve found that if I use the small side and use the point where it bends, it''s SUPER effective. Then it''s even more precise pressure than with your fingers, but because you don''t have nails it doesn''t scrape the skin around it and make you wind up with a massive scab.

And now I''m totes buying Visine today.

Did anyone else watch this week''s 16 and Pregnant? Elle, I know you did.

So am I crazy, or does the girl look kind of like a dark skinned Lindsay Lohan?

Date: 3/4/2010 10:36:52 AM

Date: 3/4/2010 10:28:13 AM

Hahahaha, yeah, I''ve found that if I use the small side and use the point where it bends, it''s SUPER effective. Then it''s even more precise pressure than with your fingers, but because you don''t have nails it doesn''t scrape the skin around it and make you wind up with a massive scab.

And now I''m totes buying Visine today.
Tsk tsk!

Someone complained about this in the "I could care less" thread!

Date: 3/4/2010 10:38:42 AM
Did anyone else watch this week''s 16 and Pregnant? Elle, I know you did.

So am I crazy, or does the girl look kind of like a dark skinned Lindsay Lohan?
Ha! Yes, she kinda does!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP