color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

*kicks dust*

Dun got a ring.

Dun got a wifey.

Dun got a bunneh.

Dun got no buddeh to luff.

I LOVE all of the heirloom jewels around PS! I am such a sucker for a ring with a story. I also love the super delicate halos that HH and Sunny have. If I ever get a halo, I want to get it for a fancy cut and delicate.

Here''s my ring twin and me on her wedding day just after I finished getting her dressed. I made her veil.
41.gif

ctekandfriendonwedding.jpg

Date: 3/5/2010 3:38:36 PM
Author: princesss
*kicks dust*

Dun got a ring.

Dun got a wifey.

Dun got a bunneh.

AWWWWW.....You can enter into a polygamous marriage with VC and I if she''s ok with it.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:40:55 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

*kicks dust*

Dun got a ring.

Dun got a wifey.

Dun got a bunneh.

AWWWWW.....You can enter into a polygamous marriage with VC and I if she''s ok with it.
I don''t have a wifey!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:40:19 PM
Author: Clairitek
I LOVE all of the heirloom jewels around PS! I am such a sucker for a ring with a story. I also love the super delicate halos that HH and Sunny have. If I ever get a halo, I want to get it for a fancy cut and delicate.

Here''s my ring twin and me on her wedding day just after I finished getting her dressed. I made her veil.
41.gif
YOU MADE THAT VEIL?!?!!

tell me everything you know. i want one, JUST like that! I was planning on making my own too.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:37:14 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 3/5/2010 3:32:23 PM
Author: elrohwen
JCar, I love that setting! Very classy.

Is your stone an OEC? Transitional? Or a modern RB? I ask because it reminds me of mine and I''m recently on a quest to find out what to call it.
It is an OEC! i love the way it looks and catches light. it doesn''t put off million of sparkles, but REALLY BIG ONES :)

Have you had yours appriased yet? that is how i found out.
Well, the jeweler appraised it and called it an OEC. Now I certainly don''t think it''s an old style OEC, but I do think it looks transitional.

It was also appraised in 1981 and listed as a modern RB.

I posted it on Rocky Talky last week asking about the chip and insurance stuff and both Dreamer and denverappraiser said they thought it seemed modern RB to them.

So basically I''m confused. My grandma''s 1940s ring I posted has a modern RB and I looked at them side by side - they very clearly look different. Mine has a flower petal type thing, not really thing sharp facets, if that makes sense. But D_D and deverappraiser clearly know far more about diamonds than I do. Haha.

Maybe it''s a very early modern RB so it looks funky.
33.gif

C-Tek, I have a super cereal question:

Will you be my Honey Bunches (of Oats)?

*kicks dust*

Dun got a ring.

Dun got a wifey.

Dun got a bunneh.

You have cute kittehs! And a puppy. I''m jealous of anybody with a puppy. Don''t tell Otto, but we only got him because we knew we couldn''t have a dog for a few years (though now that we''ve experienced bunnies, we''ll always have a few around!)

Date: 3/5/2010 3:42:53 PM

Well, the jeweler appraised it and called it an OEC. Now I certainly don''t think it''s an old style OEC, but I do think it looks transitional.

I posted it on Rocky Talky last week asking about the chip and insurance stuff and both Dreamer and denverappraiser said they thought it seemed modern RB to them.

So basically I''m confused. My grandma''s 1940s ring I posted has a modern RB and I looked at them side by side - they very clearly look different. Mine has a flower petal type thing, not really thing sharp facets, if that makes sense. But D_D and deverappraiser clearly know far more about diamonds than I do. Haha.

33.gif
hmm.. have you thought about taking it to another appraiser? Maybe it was on the verge of new RB when it was cut?

Date: 3/5/2010 3:42:54 PM

tee hee, i call E that all the time!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:44:36 PM

Date: 3/5/2010 3:42:53 PM

33.gif
hmm.. have you thought about taking it to another appraiser? Maybe it was on the verge of new RB when it was cut?
I''ve thought about it, but I could never find anybody nearby (and I don''t really want to pay a lot for it either). I''m hoping to pop into a nice antique jewelry store in NYC at some point and ask for their expert opinion on it. That''s the nice free way to go about it
1.gif

CTek, do you take Princess to be your unlawfully wedded virtual wife on PS Small Talk?

**!!!!***
I just realized that i had a dream last night about my wedding, and that i did not remember a single thing from it, include the father/daughter dance
39.gif
. wow. that was kinda freaky!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:41:43 PM

41.gif
YOU MADE THAT VEIL?!?!!

tell me everything you know. i want one, JUST like that! I was planning on making my own too.
Yeah, I made mine too but hers was better. Both of them went to the back of our knees.

I just bought a reembroidered alencon-style lace and trimmed it down and carefully went along tacking and stitching the trim to the veil, carefully trying to maintain the curvature of the edge.

Here are some more pictures from her wedding. If you can find me on the nameless site I''ll show you more.

veilcollagectek.jpg

C-tek, that is the cutest picture! And the veil is gorgeous! I didn''t know it was possible to make things like that at home.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:42:54 PM

Why Yes!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:47:59 PM
Author: winelover23
CTek, do you take Princesss to be your unlawfully wedded virtual wife on PS Small Talk?
Yes!
30.gif

Do all of these same-sex marriages make us lesbians? If do, then DH is going to be VERY happy!

I''m not a lesbian. I married a squirrel.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:50:10 PM
C-tek, that is the cutest picture! And the veil is gorgeous! I didn''t know it was possible to make things like that at home.
I started out making veils for my friend L a few years ago. Hers was free hand embroidered and beaded/glammed up with some Swarovski crystals. Then I decided that I would make mine after falling in love with a $200 gorgeous veil at my seamstress'' place. My friend wore a Paloma Blanca gown with alencon lace on it like I did and loved my veil and the length. Since she wanted to be able to keep it afterwards I made a new one for her. She also wanted mantilla style so it all worked out. AS a wedding gift I gave her the veil and I also made their chuppah. I made that with ivory dupioni silk and then a panel of reembroidered lace in the middle. We safety pinned her father''s prayer shawl from his bar mitzvah. I used ribbons and lacey trim to tie the chuppah to the poles, which were birch wood. I''ll try to find a better picture of the chuppah soon. There aren''t many close-ups but I''d like to think I had something to do with their gorgeous ceremony. She cried when I gave her the chuppah. We''re pretty close, but helping her with her wedding (and being her MOH) certainly brought us closer!

I''m in the process of getting together materials to make StephBolt''s veil to match her Casablanca gown. If I had more time I''d sell them on etsy or something. I love doing it!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:54:14 PM
This made me literally LOL.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:56:59 PM

That made me CRY from laughing so hard!

That is so creative, Ctek! I''m a an arts and crafts loser
3.gif
Plus, I would be way too nervous to spend all that money on nice fabric because I''d probably goof it up.

C-tek, you''re so talented! (PS: I see you in that last picture on the right from your friend''s wedding!
2.gif
)

Date: 3/5/2010 3:51:51 PM

CTek, do you take Princesss to be your unlawfully wedded virtual wife on PS Small Talk?
Yes!
30.gif
Princesss + C-Tek = Luff

Date: 3/5/2010 4:01:24 PM

Yes!
30.gif
Princesss + C-Tek = Luff
YAY Luff!!!!
36.gif

jcar: I sent you a message on the nameless site with C-tek''s name so you can find her!

So I super want to build something this weekend. It''s supposed to be gorgeous - 50s and 60s all weekend. Time to open up the garage and make a bookcase!

I want to get all handy dandy.

Date: 3/5/2010 4:01:24 PM

Yes!
30.gif
Princesss + C-Tek = Luff
What the world needs now is luff, sweet luff!

CTek- Can you come make me some stuff? I don''t want a veil but can you make me a cool headband? Super thanks. Oh and what dress is your friend in? I LOVE THE TIE ON THE BACK!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:50:05 PM

Date: 3/5/2010 3:41:43 PM

41.gif
YOU MADE THAT VEIL?!?!!

Yeah, I made mine too but hers was better. Both of them went to the back of our knees.

I just bought a reembroidered alencon-style lace and trimmed it down and carefully went along tacking and stitching the trim to the veil, carefully trying to maintain the curvature of the edge.

Here are some more pictures from her wedding. If you can find me on the nameless site I''ll show you more.
gosh those are just so lovely!! I''ll have to track you down! :D

Date: 3/5/2010 3:58:05 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/5/2010 3:56:59 PM

That made me CRY from laughing so hard!
+ 1 !!!
9.gif

Ctek - gosh you could make a living with those veils, they are just too stunning!

Was it hard to sew, and what level do you think is needed? I know basic sewing (and what i dont know, i can look up) and have acess to a sewing machine, a hand machine (the little guys) and can hand stitch.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP