Date: 3/5/2010 3:07:20 PM
Author: jcarlylew
here''s my ring.. its a big one
BWAHAHAHA...jcar...too funny!

elro...is your stone an heirloom?

Date: 3/5/2010 2:58:10 PM
Author: elrohwen
Here ya go, Wino.
I love your ring Elro! And I love your sun kisses!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:10:33 PM
Author: vc10um

9.gif
its how i responded. word - for - word

Date: 3/5/2010 3:02:07 PM
VC, what is the ring set in your av? I have a very similar set from my grandma!
They are *my* grandmothers e-ring and wedding band. Got them as the oldest granddaughter when she passed away in 2005. She lost the center stone a long time ago in the e-ring. I had it set with a sapphire at a jeweler recommended to me by PS. I love them, and wear one or both every day, pretty much. I''m wearing just the wedding band today.

The jeweler took excellent care of it, and that jeweler is where I fell in love with what I hope A gets me for *my* e-ring.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:13:13 PM

They are *my* grandmothers e-ring and wedding band. Got them as the oldest granddaughter when she passed away in 2005. She lost the center stone a long time ago in the e-ring. I had it set with a sapphire at a jeweler recommended to me by PS. I love them, and wear one or both every day, pretty much. I''m wearing just the wedding band today.

The jeweler took excellent care of it, and that jeweler is where I fell in love with what I hope A gets me for *my* e-ring.
My grandma is still alive, but gave her set to my mom and me for some reason. I got the wband, which I wear as a rh ring, and my mom got the ering. She took out the center stone and used it to make herself a new ering. She also used two of the ering sidestones in her ring, while I used the other two inside the band of my ering. Not sure if that made any sense
3.gif
I love the style - it''s so distinctive of the ''40s. (I had already removed my two sidestones when I took this pic)

lm gma wedding set.jpg

Date: 3/5/2010 3:11:59 PM

Date: 3/5/2010 3:10:33 PM

9.gif
its how i responded. word - for - word
That makes it even better!!!
36.gif

Here''s the side

lm gma ering 2.jpg

My collage. I really dislike the way my prong photograph. They are not that bulky IRL.

ctekringcollage.jpg

Date: 3/5/2010 3:16:19 PM

Date: 3/5/2010 3:13:13 PM

My grandma is still alive, but gave her set to my mom and me for some reason. I got the wband, which I wear as a rh ring, and my mom got the ering. She took out the center stone and used it to make herself a new ering. She also used two of the ering sidestones in her ring, while I used the other two inside the band of my ering. Not sure if that made any sense
3.gif
I love the style - it''s so distinctive of the ''40s. (I had already removed my two sidestones when I took this pic)
Very nice! I love heirloom jewelry. I want to be able to pass mine along someday. And my grandmother''s.

Breaks my heart every day to think that A never met her, and that she never got to meet A. But I think she would approve.
16.gif

Elro - That is so similar to my Grandma''s ring! I have always told her I want it but my Aunt apparently gets it. Whatever! My Aunt does have a 1 carat round pendant she''s passing down to me though
30.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 3:17:59 PM
Author: Clairitek
My collage. I really dislike the way my prong photograph. They are not that bulky IRL.
So teensy!

I *heart* your ring, C-tek! And I just did a happy dance b/c I can actually say they''re not bulky IRL...they are quite nice and your ring suits you well!
9.gif

Oh, and my stone is an heirloom. It was in DH's family for 3-4 generations. I think it looks like a transitional, but I've been told in Rocky Talky that it's more modern RB. It doesn't look quite like any RBs I've seen though (and definitely not ideal cut ones!). It does have a ginormous chip in it, but I think it gives character. It is actually very pretty in real life despite being the most shallow stone I've ever heard of. Not sure what they were thinking when they cut it, but it turned out nice in the end.

It was originally in this fugly man's ring setting. DH's grandfather and father (and great-grandfather I think) wore it sometimes, but DH had no interest and turned it over to me.

lm mens ring.jpg

okay, heres the real one. sorry for the gigantor picture

Mine is heirloom as well (the center stone). We couldnt use the orginal setting becuase the platnium was so worn down, i would have lost all the stones. I plan on rebuilding the orginal ring and replacing it with a emerald.

BVI-2009_06-25-09_0163edite123465.jpg

Oh...wife! BTW. My mom''s e-ring from my sperm donor was an oval. Trying to figure out what to do with the half carat of yumminess. Thinking a halo pendant might be in order after seeing your e-ring!

Jcar, I love your ring!

And elro...that *is* a friggen fugly setting for that lovely stone! Hopefully the new setting keeps it safe!

So pretty JCar! I remember reading your story about resetting the stone, but I don''t believe I''ve ever seen the final product. Lovely.

What does the original setting look like?

Wino, so funny you have a similar ring in your family! They must''ve been the only settings available in the ''40s or something because I''ve seen quite a few posted on PS over the years. I kind of wish my mom had saved the ering (she sold the platinum) so I could set it with a CS. I wish I had a polished pic of the setting too. I couldn''t believe that dark grey ring was actually platinum! I had never seen a patina like that before.

purrrrrrty rings
30.gif

Damn thats small... Second try.

ctekringcollage3.jpg

Date: 3/5/2010 3:21:13 PM

Mine is heirloom as well (the center stone). We couldnt use the orginal setting becuase the platnium was so worn down, i would have lost all the stones. I plan on rebuilding the orginal ring and replacing it with a emerald.
JCar - GORG! So classic!

C-tek, I love your ring! I''m a sucker for interesting profiles and I love the way your prongs look like petals or leaves.

That would be very cool VC. My mom had her first ering (husband before my dad) made into a pendant for my 21st b-day. It''s a .33 ct emerald cut.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:25:09 PM
Author: winelover23

Date: 3/5/2010 3:21:13 PM

JCar - GORG! So classic!
THANK you ladies!! :)
here is the orginal setting

orginially awesome.jpg

ooooh Clar - I love your ring too!
36.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 3:24:36 PM

Damn thats small... Second try.
ooo i love the prongs!!!

Date: 3/5/2010 3:26:39 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
That would be very cool VC. My mom had her first ering (husband before my dad) made into a pendant for my 21st b-day. It''s a .33 ct emerald cut.
Oooo...I *heart* ECs.

We''ll see. It''s low on my list of projects right now due to my recent obsession with colored stones, lol.
9.gif
But the halo pendant is calling my name!
31.gif

Oooohh that setting is really similar to BigT''s! I heart her ring. It''s very drool worthy.

JCar, I love that setting! Very classy.

Is your stone an OEC? Transitional? Or a modern RB? I ask because it reminds me of mine and I''m recently on a quest to find out what to call it.

Date: 3/5/2010 3:26:03 PM
C-tek, I love your ring! I''m a sucker for interesting profiles and I love the way your prongs look like petals or leaves.
You wanna know something funny? One of my very close friends has almost the same ring, only with a round brilliant. Her DH bounced some ideas off of me about her ring before having it made (he proposed without the ring) and sent me a link to a Heart on Fire setting. I wasn''t engaged yet and had no idea what my ring would look like. The setting he sent me was their tulip setting or bridal leaf setting. I told him to go for it. Then DH proposed and the second thought through my mind was that my friend and I would have almost the same ring! DH says he drew the design out from scratch, having never seen that HOF setting. He knew I liked Mark Morell and wanted to give me something with an interesting basket and didn''t have time to go custom through MWM.

Here is a picture of the ring my friend eventually got. Its a replica of the HOF setting with a 0.75 carat RB, YG shank with platinum head (she loves yellow gold). She got it 6 months after the proposal and I knew about it the whole time. She called me after he gave it to her and told me that we have the same ring.

Her prongs have been reworked and look more delicate than mine. They don''t have to be as wide as mine do because she has an RB and I have a square cushion. My jeweler wouldn''t refine my basket because he was worried about stone security.

ctektwinring.jpg

Date: 3/5/2010 3:32:23 PM
JCar, I love that setting! Very classy.

Is your stone an OEC? Transitional? Or a modern RB? I ask because it reminds me of mine and I''m recently on a quest to find out what to call it.
It is an OEC! i love the way it looks and catches light. it doesn''t put off million of sparkles, but REALLY BIG ONES :)

Have you had yours appriased yet? that is how i found out.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP