carat
color
clarity

vent/request for advice-real problems with JKT custom piece

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Re: vent/request for advice-real problems with JKT custom pi

phoenixgirl|1313438676|2991411 said:
I'm guessing the lengthy waiting list and production process are because JKT has to go through the trouble of tracking down and then figuring out how to block the IP address of every former customer who has turned sour on her. That takes time, people! You can't expect a fast turnaround when there are former clients to prohibit from viewing your website in the public domain as long as they use the same computer that they created their account with! Obviously the problem is that we PSers have unreasonable expectations about how people in the business of producing and selling jewelry work . . . I, for one, spent most of today constructing voodoo dolls of all the people who have ever thought ill of me, whether I deserved it or not, and also placing hexes on them and all of their descendents. Sure, I haven't fed or clothed my daughter yet, and it's 4 p.m., but priorities are priorities . . . ;-)

roflmao! :lol:

thanks for the giggle phoenix!

And thank you to everyone else you has posted supportive comments, I do appreciate them.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

It is incredibly strange to go through the effort of banning you from viewing her site when I don't see any benefit that she might receive except personal satisfaction. There is no 'review' page on her site where you could wreak havoc..there's no harm you can do by simply looking at it, since there isn't anything else to do with the site. I imagine the sentiment was akin to 'unfriending' one on Facebook?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I used to see this on horse forums, where a board owner or moderator would get "mad" at a member for talking down on a horse they liked, or saying something they didn't agree with, so the person would get banned. It's childish. I'm sorry to see something like this happen b/c she is a fair designer.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Its stupid. If you really wanted to view her site there are free proxy servers that can be found in 5 seconds with google, that would mask your IP and allow you to view her site. Ridiculous!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

I'm wondering if everyone is reading to much into the fact that AJ can't get into the JKT website.

I can't access the site either and I've never bought anything from JKT, in fact I've never even communicated with her, so there would be no reason why I would also be "forbidden". Has anyone else thats never been a JKT customer tried to get in and had the same problem of the "forbidden" message?

It might just be that there is no plotting over cauldrons and nothing sinister - the website could just be down for maintenance or there could be a problem with the hosting server - just saying!

M

PS, I'm glad you got your refund AJ and can now move on with your new designer and a new design for your stones.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Hey AJ,

I'm glad to hear you got your refund and in the long run it looks like everthing will work out. I'm really on the fense about JKT lately and that is before I read your or Freke's post. I have sevearl pieces by her- all custom that I have had made I guess over the last 2 years. At first everything was great but with each additional piece I ordered the wait time/ list got longer and longer, while I felt her prices went up. I have no issues with any of her workmanship on my pieces- just more customer service.

I think it is absurb to request clients wait up to a year for your services, but pay you to hold that spot. I just won't do it. I would much rather use Daniel M, whose pricing is better and the wait is only 1 month.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

MAC-W|1313678875|2993361 said:
I'm wondering if everyone is reading to much into the fact that AJ can't get into the JKT website.

I can't access the site either and I've never bought anything from JKT, in fact I've never even communicated with her, so there would be no reason why I would also be "forbidden". Has anyone else thats never been a JKT customer tried to get in and had the same problem of the "forbidden" message?

It might just be that there is no plotting over cauldrons and nothing sinister - the website could just be down for maintenance or there could be a problem with the hosting server - just saying!

Actually, IP banning is not terribly precise - it will ban a group of people at once, rather than just the one person you tried to ban, because it bans an area. So more likely than not, you are in an area where someone else got banned, hence you cannot see it.

It's the stupidest thing she's done yet. She will bury herself eventually, which is a shame, because she makes beautiful pieces. She just refuses to admit when she gets in over her head.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

M

PS, I'm glad you got your refund AJ and can now move on with your new designer and a new design for your stones.

Nope, it works for me, so I don't think it's a coincidence that both she and LG can't get on.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

thing2of2|1313686554|2993469 said:

M

Nope, it works for me, so I don't think it's a coincidence that both she and LG can't get on.

Sorry, MAC, I have to agree with Thing and what the others have posted above - it's a little too coincidental to be a coincidence, with both LG and I having been blocked. Plus, I know that I could access it a week or two ago (I was wondering why she still had the bracelet on display, tbh).

IIRC, Mac you are also in Australia (Perth?) as are LG and myself. I don't know anything about this stuff, but based on what MP has said above, perhaps the blocking of your address too was a 'collateral damage' thing due to location? I'm sure it's an easy fix if you email her.

On another note, thank you Mac and all of those posters who have wished me well - I promise the refund will go to a good project ::)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I don't think they are reading too much into it - for whatever reason it seems intentional. However, I do think maybe its possibly JKT decided she didn't want any more Australian clients at all and banned the whole continent. Can someone else in Australia check? This is the most curious part of the whole thing.

melave

Shiny_Rock

I am in Australia and i can access the website. I can see picures of your bracelet on there AJ.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

If she is banning people from a publicly viewable commercial site that's beyond pathetic.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

herekittykitty|1313760377|2994174 said:
I don't think they are reading too much into it - for whatever reason it seems intentional. However, I do think maybe its possibly JKT decided she didn't want any more Australian clients at all and banned the whole continent. Can someone else in Australia check? This is the most curious part of the whole thing.

melave said:
I am in Australia and i can access the website. I can see picures of your bracelet on there AJ.

Hi melave -
I'm pretty sure MAC is in Perth, where I live, and which is why I suggested the locational-relationship issue (not sure what state you are in?). TBH, I'm not entirely comfortable with the bracelet (which essentially no longer exists in that state, with my gems set into it) being used as advertising..but I'm not about to to lose even a nap over it ;))

Kitty, I would think banning *all* aussies would be very stubborn - we are, from 99.99% of feedback I have had, great customers to work with :)) Plus there are more and more of us on PS.

Anyhow, unless Julia decides to clarify, it is all speculation - but I agree and don't think posters are reading any more than what was intended into it, which was kind of a mini F-you. :roll:

The folks making funny posts about spells, voodoo etc are doing just that, making funny posts.

melave

Shiny_Rock

Hi AJ
I am in WA as well!! but i am up in the Pilbara. Oh that is handy to know you are in Wait Awhile as well I have sooooo many questions :)

freedomroll

Rough_Rock

hi, AJ!

i know this is a long shot, given all you have been through with your bracelet and stones, but i am seriously coveting barry's 6.2mm lavender spinel from this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-a-lavender-spinel-of-my-own.132892/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-a-lavender-spinel-of-my-own.132892/[/URL]

i, like you, have been searching far and wide for the perfect stone. if you're interested in finding an amazing project for it, perhaps you would like to sell it to me for my engagement ring?! http://danhov.com/pages/ring_detail_page.php?type=Ring&id=4&pid=4

i understand if you and your lil spinel have been through too much to part ways...but my soon to be betrothed and i are in love...with that stone :love:

lemme know what you think?

julie

freedomroll

Rough_Rock

p.s. i contacted barry to see if he had any of the rough stones from that batch available, but he didn't think he could make something large enough. :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results