shape
carat
color
clarity

Window in BevK pink tourmaline - would this bug you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the help guys. TL, I''ll definitely keep those things in mind. Hmmm, I''ve always wanted a pinkish umbalite too...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:51:19 PM
Author: Chrono
Celli,
Yes, your tourmaline does have some brown but it isn''t the end of the world. It only means it''s time to shop for a REAL pink tourmaline.
31.gif
I know Chrono, I feel kinda silly for semi-complaining. I will wear it happily until something better comes along.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t feel bad. I know PS tends to make everyone want the best. The existing pink stone actually looks decent. And you can complain all you want; we are here to share our thoughts and feelings.
1.gif

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:33:53 PM
Author: yingh
This forum has really bad influence on me!!! (especially on my wallet)

After reading about the steal from this sale, I ordered the Beverly K blue sapphire earrings, totally impulsive. Can''t wait to get my hands on them anyway.
4.gif

PLEASE post pics when you receive them - I wanted to order but was afraid to without seeing them IRL.

cellentani - I agree with what others have said that for the price you paid, the setting was well worth it. You can eventually swap out the stone for something different and still come out ahead.
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks K9. Right now I'm happily wearing it on my left hand, since I dropped off the ER at Quest today. I will probably get a different stone at some point, but have to get through my ER drama first.
40.gif

ETA: I think there's only one more pair each of the blue and pink sapphire earrings!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is lovely. The window isn''t so huge, IMH.... the color is pretty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:07:01 PM
Author: mochi
I think the ring is lovely. The window isn''t so huge, IMH.... the color is pretty.
Ditto; I think it is beautiful!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:00:36 PM
Author: cellentani

ETA: I think there''s only one more pair each of the blue and pink sapphire earrings!
Do NOT tempt me!!! LOL! Actually, I am going to return the snowflake pendant I bought as it''s TINY. I hadn''t realized how small it would be.

I really wanted earrings so I''m happy now that they were sold out as I''d have been really sad to see how small they were. But, I made up for it by buying a pair of vintage ruby/diamond earrings. You all are a really bad influence on me.
3.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:00:36 PM
Author: cellentani
Thanks K9. Right now I''m happily wearing it on my left hand, since I dropped off the ER at Quest today. I will probably get a different stone at some point, but have to get through my ER drama first.
40.gif

ETA: I think there''s only one more pair each of the blue and pink sapphire earrings!
Cellentani,

Are the diamonds in your ring REALLY sparkly? Mine are and I''m loving this ring SO much! I haven''t looked at the tourmaline close enough to see if it has a window or not....

I''m anxious to see what you will do with the center stone at some point. I may put an OEC in mine, but we''ll see.
30.gif

Lori

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 11:38:42 AM
Author: loriken214

Cellentani,

Are the diamonds in your ring REALLY sparkly? Mine are and I''m loving this ring SO much! I haven''t looked at the tourmaline close enough to see if it has a window or not....

I''m anxious to see what you will do with the center stone at some point. I may put an OEC in mine, but we''ll see.
30.gif

Lori
Hey Lori!! Yes, the diamonds are incredibly sparkly!! I was looking at the diamonds in some of the other Beverly K settings on Pearlman''s, and I think these (in the halo) might be on the larger size. Some of the total carat weights are very small in those settings. Haven''t you retrieved your camera yet??!! I''m about to send you mine - I''m just dying to see what your tourmaline looks like! And an OEC in the center?? Shut up!! That will be gorgeous!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:47:18 PM
Author: Chrono
You bought that BK ring at a phenominal price which we''ll probably never see again. Your setting is worth so much more that what you paid, plus I''m sure the window isn''t noticeable once it''s worn so I''ll leave it for now. If it continues to bother you, then I''d change out the stone at a later date. Pink tourmalines are farily inexpensive stones and easy to source.

I agree. Enjoy it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wouldn''t bother me; your ring is very pretty and I love the color.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually love the color of that tourmaline. It''s got a soft rose kind of color.

As for the setting. I wouldn''t kick it out of bed for eating crackers...

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of the tourmaline, and that setting is TDF - I wouldn''t give the window a 2nd thought. Seriously. Life is too short! Enjoy it
36.gif
If you decide to switch it out later, or reset the tourmaline, or both - it''s fun to have options, but I wouldn''t let a small window blight your happiness over that great deal!
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks marcyc, FrekeChild, and babysteps for encouraging me to just enjoy my ring. Even though they''re not that big (halo might be one-pointers), the diamonds are unbelievably sparkly - none of my other rings give off this kind of flash! So now my RHR is my LHR until ER gets back from Quest.
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 1:20:16 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I actually love the color of that tourmaline. It''s got a soft rose kind of color.

As for the setting. I wouldn''t kick it out of bed for eating crackers...
Hehe Freke. Kick it out of bed for eating crackers... that phrase will always crack me up.

I have a ring with a HUGE window in it too. I didn''t even know what that was until I started coming over to Colored Stones. I wouldn''t let it bother you too much and enjoy the beautiful ring for what it is. It it really continues to bother you I am sure the PS members over here would help you find a replacement stone.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t mean to hijack the thread but see no point of starting a new one - just want to ask about the shopping experience with J Rake. I placed an order for the blue sapphire earrings 3 days ago and had heard a single thing from them. Not an order confirmation or any sort of communication. Is that normal? Anyone here can share the experience? Thanks!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:08:08 PM
Author: yingh
I don''t mean to hijack the thread but see no point of starting a new one - just want to ask about the shopping experience with J Rake. I placed an order for the blue sapphire earrings 3 days ago and had heard a single thing from them. Not an order confirmation or any sort of communication. Is that normal? Anyone here can share the experience? Thanks!
I think I got an order confirmation email about 24hrs after placing the order, but it was another 2 days before I got an email stating they had shipped it. I think they were behind in the email, because I placed the order Saturday night, and received it Wednesday. Of course, they''re in PA, and I''m in DC.

I sent them one email and never got a response, and I know hoofbeats also sent emails and never got a satisfactory response (I think they sent her one email saying they''d get back to her the next day, but never did).

yingh, have they charged your account yet? I knew they''d processed my order since the charge showed up on my account the following business day. I know several people who ordered when I did have gotten their jewelry, so I really hope you get yours too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results