shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Sapphire and diamond full eternity band in platinum
IMG_0988.jpeg

My favorite (and the most dangerous!) thread on PS is 'Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece'. I had sent a link to my partner of something on TRR that seemed like a good deal but I resisted buying it because I didn't actually need it. It sold before I had a chance to post it on the thread. Turns out it was because he got it for me! It was listed as 0.69ctw of diamonds in 14k white gold weighing 3.5g for $340. It's not quite as sparkly as my known H&A melee but they're still very white, the chain is a nice diamond-cut chain so it's sparkly too, and I think it'll make a good everyday layering piece, especially compared to a Graff necklace that I love but is super overpriced.

Please excuse the freckled chest situation, I haven't been good about my sunscreen and I need it more living in California now than I did when I lived on the east coast.
1722104466887.png

The Graff cutie, 0.31ctw for a mere $6900:
1722105318742.png

lol YOU were the “somebody’s gotta buy this (for me)” thread for your bf

My favorite (and the most dangerous!) thread on PS is 'Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece'. I had sent a link to my partner of something on TRR that seemed like a good deal but I resisted buying it because I didn't actually need it. It sold before I had a chance to post it on the thread. Turns out it was because he got it for me! It was listed as 0.69ctw of diamonds in 14k white gold weighing 3.5g for $340. It's not quite as sparkly as my known H&A melee but they're still very white, the chain is a nice diamond-cut chain so it's sparkly too, and I think it'll make a good everyday layering piece, especially compared to a Graff necklace that I love but is super overpriced.

Please excuse the freckled chest situation, I haven't been good about my sunscreen and I need it more living in California now than I did when I lived on the east coast.
1722104466887.png

The Graff cutie, 0.31ctw for a mere $6900:
1722105318742.png

Well that was really sweet of him!

Well that was really sweet of him!

He's very sweet about my jewelry interest in general! He has the occasional (and surprising!) really strong feeling about jewelry, though -- for one example, he hates bezel settings! At least in photos, maybe he wouldn't hate them in person. He instantly liked Erika Winters who is my favorite bridal designer from photos at least, so we'll probably get something from her for an engagement ring when the time comes. To be posted here when that happens, of course! Probably choosing between:

Grace cathedral for a round:
1722187618477.png
1722187569095.png

and Willa for an old mine cut/cushion:
1722187591903.png
1722187638338.png
and of course needing to choose natural diamond versus lab diamond versus sapphire for the center stone. We're very fortunate to be in a position where we could afford a natural diamond in the 2-3 carats I would want, but the question is if the additional cost over a lab stone would be worth it for mind-cleanliness. I originally thought I would want a sapphire engagement ring but I'm collecting enough CS rings that maybe only a diamond would feel engagement-y enough. Still thinking! Decision to come in a year or so, I have braces and told him we can't get engaged until that's all done because I don't want them in any important photos! :lol:

I feel lucky for nabbing this from EBay. Now I gotta wait a whole month cuz I am leaving town for vacation and don't want it stuck at the post office. Just my size, pretty good deal Screenshot_20240630-193214~2.png

Love this, @fiona00004 ! I have both small, and extra-small Cartier trinity bands, which I wear on a daily basis. I’ve often looked at five- and seven-band Cartier rings, but wasn’t sure what size would be best.

If you don’t mind sharing, what size is your new seven-band ring, and what size is your original trinity? How does the seven-band fit?

I purchased this Ethiopian “dark” opal (not black, since it is untreated). Not sure how I feel about it.
IMG_9044.jpeg
IMG_9045.jpeg

Back:
IMG_9046.jpegIMG_9047.jpeg

Here’s a video (it is so hard to capture opal colors!)…in fact the video makes it look a little “flat” when it’s much more 3D in real life:

I have a couple more days to make a decision, so I’ll play with it a little more.

I would like to set into a necklace in this style:
IMG_9055.jpegIMG_9054.jpeg

Last edited:
.70 euro with single cut side stones incoming. I decided I wanted a smaller, lower key ring for travel. There is something so pretty and dainty about a smaller ring.

.70 euro with single cut side stones incoming. I decided I wanted a smaller, lower key ring for travel. There is something so pretty and dainty about a smaller ring.

I agree. I tend to wear my rings with smaller stones, more than the ones with larger stones, which are really not large by PS standards. Can't wait to see it!

You’re sweet. Not that I don’t like my “big ones” too, but looking forward to a sweet ring. I wish I had a good picture, but Etsy sometimes loses the listing after purchase. I will post in the under 1 thread when it arrives.

You’re sweet. Not that I don’t like my “big ones” too, but looking forward to a sweet ring. I wish I had a good picture, but Etsy sometimes loses the listing after purchase. I will post in the under 1 thread when it arrives.

Ah, I don't think anyone has ever called me sweet in my life.....Hah, hah. Thanks.

I agree. I tend to wear my rings with smaller stones, more than the ones with larger stones, which are really not large by PS standards. Can't wait to see it!

I'm exactly the same way!

@MMtwo I super love your new ring! Can't wait until you see it in person.

These pearls have been on my watch list on eBay for ages because I really like the clasp. Silly, I know. I don’t know much about pearls. The GIA report says they are cultured akoyas, ranging from 3-7mm. The seller says the sapphires are natural, and it has to go to eBay authentication. This will be my first experience with that. IMG_2709.png

Attachments

• IMG_2708.png
    IMG_2708.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8941.png
    IMG_8941.png
    515.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8940.png
    IMG_8940.png
    539.9 KB · Views: 15
These pearls have been on my watch list on eBay for ages because I really like the clasp. Silly, I know. I don’t know much about pearls. The GIA report says they are cultured akoyas, ranging from 3-7mm. The seller says the sapphires are natural, and it has to go to eBay authentication. This will be my first experience with that. IMG_2709.png
I love the blue sapphires! The glowing blue effect. Even better as naturals! Good luck with the authentication process. I have had several pieces go through with no issues.

First world problems here. I bought this beautiful ( to me ) necklace at auction. It’s in 23k gold. However, they broke it while packaging it for shipment *crying emoji*. Their in-house jeweler cannot fix it. Emailed DK to see if he can ( or if it makes sense to go through with it ). Before and after attached IMG_9355.jpegIMG_9355.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9353.jpeg
    IMG_9353.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9354.jpeg
    IMG_9354.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8598.jpeg
    IMG_8598.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8599.jpeg
    IMG_8599.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 25
First world problems here. I bought this beautiful ( to me ) necklace at auction. It’s in 23k gold. However, they broke it while packaging it for shipment *crying emoji*. Their in-house jeweler cannot fix it. Emailed DK to see if he can ( or if it makes sense to go through with it ). Before and after attached IMG_9355.jpegIMG_9355.jpeg

Omg!!! Can you return? I can’t believe that it broke to that extent!

Omg!!! Can you return? I can’t believe that it broke to that extent!

They were quite remorseful and offered to refund the purchase or cover the repairs ( within a certain amount). I’m hoping DK can work his magic. I will also see if any other PS favorites can do this kind of work.
Or maybe my wallet will thank me if I cancel the purchase lol

They were quite remorseful and offered to refund the purchase or cover the repairs ( within a certain amount). I’m hoping DK can work his magic. I will also see if any other PS favorites can do this kind of work.
Or maybe my wallet will thank me if I cancel the purchase lol

If it broke like that, I would personally be worried about it happening again when unable to return it. I'm sure experts know better, but that seems like some kind of defect to me....

It is never going to be worth the same amount repaired. Not that you are selling it, but I always consider what ifs.

That's so sad! I would accept their offer to cancel the purchase if I were you. I don't believe it will be repairable to your satisfaction, and as others have mentioned, I would be concerned about damaging it myself in the future, as the metalwork does not look terribly robust (which isn't surprising in a 23k piece).

@newtojewels start a thread for your ering musings when you’re ready! How exciting! I will say if you’re interested in Erika’s work, you might want to set up a google alert and see what gets posted at her jeweler partners (Greenwich, Twist, Alchemy, etc). Erika's custom work starts at $6k -$7k for the setting alone (and I think that's for something like the Jin, that has no diamonds) and I wouldn't be surprised if those styles run $10k+. Then you add the diamond/sapphire/stone cost. Someone here will have to chime in if she accepts outside stones, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. So, long story, I would say your engagement ring is 100000000000% the place to splurge and get exactly what you want (see: my Victor Canera Irys/Grymera). But.... if something is pre-made, often times it's like getting the diamond for free (#girlmath).

So basically.... this diamond is free because you couldn't get a Laurel for less than $7k.

1722640145033.png

This Grace.... $3k "extra" (let's say) for 1.14 ctw Old European.

1722640245996.png

I'm girl mathing here and basing it off of my last quote from her, which was admittedly pre-pandemic. But just food for thought.

@newtojewels start a thread for your ering musings when you’re ready! How exciting! I will say if you’re interested in Erika’s work, you might want to set up a google alert and see what gets posted at her jeweler partners (Greenwich, Twist, Alchemy, etc). Erika's custom work starts at $6k -$7k for the setting alone (and I think that's for something like the Jin, that has no diamonds) and I wouldn't be surprised if those styles run $10k+. Then you add the diamond/sapphire/stone cost. Someone here will have to chime in if she accepts outside stones, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. So, long story, I would say your engagement ring is 100000000000% the place to splurge and get exactly what you want (see: my Victor Canera Irys/Grymera). But.... if something is pre-made, often times it's like getting the diamond for free (#girlmath).

So basically.... this diamond is free because you couldn't get a Laurel for less than $7k.

1722640145033.png

This Grace.... $3k "extra" (let's say) for 1.14 ctw Old European.

1722640245996.png

I'm girl mathing here and basing it off of my last quote from her, which was admittedly pre-pandemic. But just food for thought.

oof. I was thinking it would be more like $6k for the Grace or Willa and only $10k+ for something like the Mina with French cuts. I would need to rethink if it's $10k for one of the others....or that may make the lab decision for us, lol! I live in CA and we have a couple of stockists here so I was going to go look in person first to see if the extra detail for one of her settings is worth it to me over a more typical (and typically-priced!) solitaire. Of course I'll post a thread when it becomes more relevant :)

also, I love your setting! My partner's friend asked for my help with a ring when he was going to propose and I was kind of pushing for a Grymera from what I know of the now-fiance's taste. No luck, he got a three stone in the end, but I still stand by it being an amazing setting for someone who wants something sculptural, modern, and subtly super luxe. It's really incredible.

I like brooches and it is a joy when I find a nice one. This one is made of 18k gold, icy jadeite, tiny tsavorites and has some black rhodium detailing. It can also be worn as a pendant. It goes with almost anything.IMG_3946.jpegIMG_3944.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP