shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

I like brooches and it is a joy when I find a nice one. This one is made of 18k gold, icy jadeite, tiny tsavorites and has some black rhodium detailing. It can also be worn as a pendant. It goes with almost anything.IMG_3946.jpeg

Oh that’s gorgeous!!! No high end brooches where I am so I just wear cute acrylic ones!

@mellowyellowgirl it must be fun to mix and match your brooches and big rings!
I also wear brooches in my hair - such fun!
Umm… I bought another one with icy green and icy white jadeite, pink sapphires and tsavoriites :mrgreen2:

IMG_3947.jpeg

Omg!!!!! Love love love love love!!!!!! Going to tag you for recommendations when I next go to Singapore!!!!!

Oh the pink one is amazing!!!! Is that all sapphire melee???

Omg!!!!! Love love love love love!!!!!! Going to tag you for recommendations when I next go to Singapore!!!!!

Oh the pink one is amazing!!!! Is that all sapphire melee???

Yes, tiny pink sapphires, and the metal is pink too. I couldn’t resist this one, The first one is more conservative and good for work, but this rose with angel wings was just too kawaii to leave behind. It’s also a pendant.
Yes, please tag when you next come to Singapore.
I just got back fr another long trip to London. Didn’t buy, just looked! The VAT is prohibitive and I have to pay tax when I come home too.

@mellowyellowgirl it must be fun to mix and match your brooches and big rings!
I also wear brooches in my hair - such fun!
Umm… I bought another one with icy green and icy white jadeite, pink sapphires and tsavoriites :mrgreen2:

IMG_3947.jpeg

Those are so beautiful! The soft glow of the jadeite and the tsavorite cab is magical. And the darkened background of the 'leaves' sets of the tsavorites so well.

Those are so beautiful! The soft glow of the jadeite and the tsavorite cab is magical. And the darkened background of the 'leaves' sets of the tsavorites so well.

Glad you like them @Starstruck8 . Yes, it was the glow that attracted me, too.
The small green cabochon is jadeite. I like how they set it in the centre of the pink.

I was considering a different pearl ring but then this popped up on Instagram and I thought it was so fun so I got this one instead. 14k gold, the seller thinks it's 50's-60's Denmark.

Seller's hand shots:
1722886618048.png
1722886633690.png

I saw it and thought it would play nicely with my daily wear bracelets, shown below. Here's hoping I can wear it without resizing but I may need to go up a touch.
1722886712531.png

I was considering a different pearl ring but then this popped up on Instagram and I thought it was so fun so I got this one instead. 14k gold, the seller thinks it's 50's-60's Denmark.

Seller's hand shots:
1722886618048.png
1722886633690.png

I saw it and thought it would play nicely with my daily wear bracelets, shown below. Here's hoping I can wear it without resizing but I may need to go up a touch.
1722886712531.png

Yes unique and architectural. Fits perfectly!

I purchased one of the two of these. Admittedly, after a glass of wine or two, as an impulse buy.... But have always loved Art Nouveau. Since I have lots of rings, and few pendants except for diamond solitaires, I'm happy that I made the leap.Screenshot 2024-08-05 205027.png

I purchased one of the two of these. Admittedly, after a glass of wine or two, as an impulse buy.... But have always loved Art Nouveau. Since I have lots of rings, and few pendants except for diamond solitaires, I'm happy that I made the leap.Screenshot 2024-08-05 205027.png

Oh that is beautiful!! I wish yellow gold worked with my skin tone.

Oh that is beautiful!! I wish yellow gold worked with my skin tone.

I used to think yellow gold didn't work for me but now I'm just embracing it! I wouldn't wear a fully yellow gold dress and I won't use yellow gold for my wedding set, but jewelry is so small that I feel like we should just wear what we like and not worry how well it matches.

Thanks to the antique forum, I went into a “Pools of Light” rabbit hole and purchased a necklace/earring set (circa 1920s). My first time purchasing from this seller, and she wrapped/packaged them so beautifully/carefully (TONS of bubble wrap + styrofoam popcorn), plus a lovely handwritten note.
IMG_9267.jpeg
IMG_9264.jpeg
IMG_9260.jpeg
IMG_9263.jpeg

right up my alley!!!

right up my alley!!!

Mine too. It arrived a few days ago and I'm really liking it. Now looking for a chain that may be slightly different from what I have.

Mine too. It arrived a few days ago and I'm really liking it. Now looking for a chain that may be slightly different from what I have.

IRL pics please! Neck shots!

IRL pics please! Neck shots!

Once I get a chain that I like, I'll do that. I like the chain the seller had it on, but I didn't want to spend the extra money at the time. I probably should have but also think I want something a tiny bit more dainty (but not too much).

I have a new contribution for this thread! A new, 18k yellow gold ring!
I like how it makes an impression without being very bulky or difficult to wear every day and it goes well with the rest of my yellow gold collection!

AirBrush_20240808185843.jpgAirBrush_20240808185734.jpg

I have a new contribution for this thread! A new, 18k yellow gold ring!
I like how it makes an impression without being very bulky or difficult to wear every day and it goes well with the rest of my yellow gold collection!

AirBrush_20240808185843.jpgAirBrush_20240808185734.jpg

So pretty! You made a great find!

Seller's hand shots:
1722886618048.png
1722886633690.png

1722886712531.png

I love pearls & this is such a unique take. And the rings on the side of this remind me of Sami wedding rings, who were Scandinavian tribes. Maybe there’s a link?

I found this beautiful Claddagh wedding set on eBay. Sapphires and diamonds set in 14K yellow gold.
IMG_1127.jpeg

I found this beautiful Claddagh wedding set on eBay. Sapphires and diamonds set in 14K yellow gold.
IMG_1127.jpeg

Wow - that is really pretty! I have never seen one with sapphires!

Wow - that is really pretty! I have never seen one with sapphires!
Thank you so much! I have been eyeing similar sets for years, mostly Irish jewelers online, but they sell for more than I wanted to spend on myself with 2 kids in college.
I was going to say the same thing. I've never seen one with any gems. Very pretty.
Thank you! This is actually a set, two rings soldered together. It is quite comfortable to wear with a low profile.

Seller's hand shots:
1722886618048.png
1722886633690.png

1722886712531.png

I love it! Midcentury Danish gold is not super common, so if true, that would be really cool!

I can't believe you scored a Junkpile find!! :kiss2:

They were quite remorseful and offered to refund the purchase or cover the repairs ( within a certain amount). I’m hoping DK can work his magic. I will also see if any other PS favorites can do this kind of work.
Or maybe my wallet will thank me if I cancel the purchase lol

@dhimer What did you end up deciding about the necklace?

I can't believe you scored a Junkpile find!! :kiss2:

:mrgreen2: Me neither! First one. Then once in a while, I've actually won and auction on the Goodwill site, which also always shocks me (I don't bid high).

Well, I had a bit of a weekend, and treated myself to a few new pieces.
74ccee049769019d007d6186889ea667.jpg
18k Gypsy dated 1946 with a 0.6ct old cut.

9e1c094a0edbaeeac57ff2103a388da0.jpg
14k Sunburst pendant/brooch from McTeigue's site. The description was very light on detail, so I don't know the dimensions, but they estimate 3ct of old cuts. I feel like there's supposed to be a stone in the center, so I may have my jeweler pop a stone in if it looks too forlorn in person.

Thank you so much! I have been eyeing similar sets for years, mostly Irish jewelers online, but they sell for more than I wanted to spend on myself with 2 kids in college.

Thank you! This is actually a set, two rings soldered together. It is quite comfortable to wear with a low profile.

My now husband bought me a claddagh ring as a promise. We got married in Galway, where they are from, but I’ve never seen a sapphire one, only the occasional emerald.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP