shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Well, I had a bit of a weekend, and treated myself to a few new pieces.
74ccee049769019d007d6186889ea667.jpg
18k Gypsy dated 1946 with a 0.6ct old cut.

9e1c094a0edbaeeac57ff2103a388da0.jpg
14k Sunburst pendant/brooch from McTeigue's site. The description was very light on detail, so I don't know the dimensions, but they estimate 3ct of old cuts. I feel like there's supposed to be a stone in the center, so I may have my jeweler pop a stone in if it looks too forlorn in person.

Would love more photos of the old cut stone. It looks like it has a really wide something.

I'm about to be out of town for a few weeks, so it will be a bit, but yes!

Beautiful cut on the stone in the gypsy ring.

Well, I had a bit of a weekend, and treated myself to a few new pieces.
74ccee049769019d007d6186889ea667.jpg
18k Gypsy dated 1946 with a 0.6ct old cut.

9e1c094a0edbaeeac57ff2103a388da0.jpg
14k Sunburst pendant/brooch from McTeigue's site. The description was very light on detail, so I don't know the dimensions, but they estimate 3ct of old cuts. I feel like there's supposed to be a stone in the center, so I may have my jeweler pop a stone in if it looks too forlorn in person.
Definitely had a stone in the middle! Lovely finds.

I have a tiny heart shaped diamond and am having a little charm/pendant made for my daughter, similar to this one.
dog paw pendant idea.jpg

Here is the stone and cert. I thought it might be too small for the project, but Amy at DK says its a good size for it, so I'm going forward. It will be engraved on the back with her dogs name and the date that she rescued her. I think my daughter will love it.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 190930.png

043C08C0-1CED-4705-8045-7F2BA963E5F7.jpg

Just to follow up, my daughter's little pendant is now being shipped. I think she will love it. On the back, her dog's name and the date she was rescued, are engraved. This is a snip of the video DK sent, because he didn't think the photos made it look as round as they should have, but I'll add one or two anyway. This is the video snip.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 232743.png
and the photos

105122_GoldDiamond.jpg105122_GoldDiamond-2.jpg

I also had him put some rescue diamonds in a vintage chain. I plan on adding more rescue stones, as time goes on, as I always seem to end up with a few here and there.

IMG_3570.JPG

Just to follow up, my daughter's little pendant is now being shipped. I think she will love it. On the back, her dog's name and the date she was rescued, are engraved. This is a snip of the video DK sent, because he didn't think the photos made it look as round as they should have, but I'll add one or two anyway. This is the video snip.

and the photos

I also had him put some rescue diamonds in a vintage chain. I plan on adding more rescue stones, as time goes on, as I always seem to end up with a few here and there.

IMG_3570.JPG

Love your daughter's pendant - I am sure she will love it too! Love the rescue stones in the chain too!

and the photos

IMG_3570.JPG

All of these are so lovely!

@dhimer What did you end up deciding about the necklace?

I got this email from them :
The repair can be done, however, our jeweler will need to remove about a quarter to half inch to make each piece flat in order to solder it together, meaning material will be lost and a quarter to half inch of detail will be lost. That section of the necklace will be worn at the back side of the neck, so it won't be as visible if it were anywhere else. He will also have to send out to be gold-plated so the repair will be concealed and the color of the gold uniform.

After some back and forth with them I decided to proceed with the purchase. The price is too good to pass so figured it’s worth the risk.

I also ended up purchasing another necklace and matching earrings from them . IMG_0049.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 30
The repair can be done, however, our jeweler will need to remove about a quarter to half inch to make each piece flat in order to solder it together, meaning material will be lost and a quarter to half inch of detail will be lost. That section of the necklace will be worn at the back side of the neck, so it won't be as visible if it were anywhere else. He will also have to send out to be gold-plated so the repair will be concealed and the color of the gold uniform.

After some back and forth with them I decided to proceed with the purchase. The price is too good to pass so figured it’s worth the risk.

I also ended up purchasing another necklace and matching earrings from them . IMG_0049.jpeg

OMG love love love love love love 10000000000 times! Please post more pics! That is STUNNING!!!

Love it!! And please keep us posted once the repaired necklace arrives!

Received the sunburst pendant from McTeigue today, and it's gorgeous! Measures about 42 x 44mm and 11.6g, and yes, it absolutely had a center stone at some point.
20240814_124242-EDIT.jpg

I popped in a 0.8ct OEC I have on hand, and I think it's just a pinch too large. I think 0.7-0.6ct would likely be better.
20240814_125307.jpg

I also bought the turquoise necklace in the photos from McTeigue. Nice weight, great color, and exactly what I've been searching for for ages.

Received the sunburst pendant from McTeigue today, and it's gorgeous! Measures about 42 x 44mm and 11.6g, and yes, it absolutely had a center stone at some point.
20240814_124242-EDIT.jpg

I popped in a 0.8ct OEC I have on hand, and I think it's just a pinch too large. I think 0.7-0.6ct would likely be better.
20240814_125307.jpg

I also bought the turquoise necklace in the photos from McTeigue. Nice weight, great color, and exactly what I've been searching for for ages.

I’m seeing red or orange for the center…. So pretty!

20240814_124242-EDIT.jpg

20240814_125307.jpg

I have that same turquoise necklace, but it has their signature dandelion on it! I love it also!

oliviafinejewelry
@RMOO @oldcutclubmember Thank you both! It was from oliviafinejewelry. I ordered it last Friday & it arrived in the UK from Turkey today - super efficient! She also makes is with blue sapphires & rubies.
I’m also based in the U.K. Would you mind telling me how the customs charges worked and how much they were? I’m always hesitant to buy from outside of the U.K. because I have no idea how it works!

Lala that bigger diamond might fit with prongs. It’s STUNNING.

I was going to say the same thing, or maybe someone like DK could adjust the bezel a bit for the stone? I don't know if that is doable, but that would be my first question.

OMG love love love love love love 10000000000 times! Please post more pics! That is STUNNING!!!

The necklace is surprisingly comfortable to wear but the earrings are too heavy for long wear. Both in 24k gold. Here are the glamour pics from them. Now I need an occasion to wear them
IMG_0087.png

Attachments

• IMG_0083.png
    IMG_0083.png
    628.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0084.png
    IMG_0084.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0086.png
    IMG_0086.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 3
The necklace is surprisingly comfortable to wear but the earrings are too heavy for long wear. Both in 24k gold. Here are the glamour pics from them. Now I need an occasion to wear them
IMG_0087.png

Very pretty. I hope you have an occasion to wear them soon!

When you get offered a beautiful pair of faux vintage emerald earrings (diamonds, emeralds and gold all real, the vintageness is faux) but the sibling you raised is obsessed with emulating a “povo Ambani”, you must give up said earrings for her!!!!

*wails*

They tested as minor and insignificant as well!!!!!!

I tried them on before she gets her mitts in them.

IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4300.jpegIMG_4294.jpeg
IMG_4283.jpeg

I’m also based in the U.K. Would you mind telling me how the customs charges worked and how much they were? I’m always hesitant to buy from outside of the U.K. because I have no idea how it works!

@Ally T Nevermind, I just saw all the drama regarding the stones! So disappointing!

When you get offered a beautiful pair of faux vintage emerald earrings (diamonds, emeralds and gold all real, the vintageness is faux) but the sibling you raised is obsessed with emulating a “povo Ambani”, you must give up said earrings for her!!!!

*wails*

They tested as minor and insignificant as well!!!!!!

I tried them on before she gets her mitts in them.

IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4300.jpegIMG_4294.jpeg
IMG_4283.jpeg

Damn you are generous!

Wow I've been looking for something like this emerald cut pendant necklace, where is this one from?
So sorry I only saw this! I saw this pendant in an independent jeweller in Hatton Garden, London but I think another jeweller could easily replicate it. What I liked on this design was the minimal bale

I have a short & long term project in the works!

We plan on re-purposing the 0.3ct round diamond from my original engagement ring, most likely into a bezel dbty style pendant. Because my next project will be in platinum I’m thinking this pendant will be in 18kt rose gold…

For our 10th anniversary (in 2 years time!!) I want a platinum emerald cut pendant. I tried this one on & it was 0.6ct. It was stunning.

0FCF8944-F2A2-49A9-B020-C3E7E06F4739.jpeg

I cannot believe that I am revisiting this post after over 2 years!!

Today we visited our family jeweller & designed the diamond reset! It’ll be a dainty bezel setting in 18k rose gold. Walking in I was 100% set on some form of double bezel but looking at a bracelet they had in the same design & a similarly sized diamond, a single bezel had the perfect amount of presence for my 0.3ct diamond. I plan on mainly wearing it alone and occasionally layered with my rose gold diamond JUC pendant. It’ll be ready in about 3 weeks but we’ve decided I won’t see it until our anniversary in October! I’m the worlds most impatient person so I have no idea why I agreed to this…

We also walked past the jeweller who originally had the emerald cut pendant I tried on back in July 2022. It was still in the window!! Hubby was happy for me to try it on and show him. It looked so beautiful and luxurious in platinum (my only platinum jewellery I own is my wedding set). It’s small for PS standards but it’s the perfect understated every day pendant for me. It’s a 0.60ct D colour with beautiful claw prongs. I negotiated an amazing deal (45% off!!) and it came home with me! This is my first ever step cut diamond & I think it’s so chic! Will post pics tomorrow <3 I wonder if it’s possible to layer the two new pendants or whether the two different metals & diamond shaped mean it won’t work…

Today we visited our family jeweller & designed the diamond reset! It’ll be a dainty bezel setting in 18k rose gold. Walking in I was 100% set on some form of double bezel but looking at a bracelet they had in the same design & a similarly sized diamond, a single bezel had the perfect amount of presence for my 0.3ct diamond. I plan on mainly wearing it alone and occasionally layered with my rose gold diamond JUC pendant. It’ll be ready in about 3 weeks but we’ve decided I won’t see it until our anniversary in October! I’m the worlds most impatient person so I have no idea why I agreed to this…

We also walked past the jeweller who originally had the emerald cut pendant I tried on back in July 2022. It was still in the window!! Hubby was happy for me to try it on and show him. It looked so beautiful and luxurious in platinum (my only platinum jewellery I own is my wedding set). It’s small for PS standards but it’s the perfect understated every day pendant for me. It’s a 0.60ct D colour with beautiful claw prongs. I negotiated an amazing deal (45% off!!) and it came home with me! This is my first ever step cut diamond & I think it’s so chic! Will post pics tomorrow <3 I wonder if it’s possible to layer the two new pendants or whether the two different metals & diamond shaped mean it won’t work…

You are not the world's most impatient person. I am and I want to see that ring.

Ooh ooh, pictures! Pictures!!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP