shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Already the chain on my new EC pendant is driving me a bit crazy as the clasp keeps moving to the front. Is it worth me asking the jeweller to solder the bale to the chain? Husband said this would ruin the chain but it really is super annoying

Already the chain on my new EC pendant is driving me a bit crazy as the clasp keeps moving to the front. Is it worth me asking the jeweller to solder the bale to the chain? Husband said this would ruin the chain but it really is super annoying

What a bummer :(

I have never done this but I've heard that adding a charm in the back on the clasp can help by adding weight and it wouldn't ruin the chain. I know that my chains that have a jump ring to shorten them don't slide as much as the ones that don't, so maybe that's some validation for it helping to have some weight in the back.

What a bummer :(

I have never done this but I've heard that adding a charm in the back on the clasp can help by adding weight and it wouldn't ruin the chain. I know that my chains that have a jump ring to shorten them don't slide as much as the ones that don't, so maybe that's some validation for it helping to have some weight in the back.

I wondered if adding weight to the back would actually make it more likely to slide to the front. Hmmmm. I’ll do some experimenting

I posted this elsewhere. Unfortunately the other pearl ring I had been eyeing didn't work out :cry:, but of course now I'm eyeing a different and much bigger pearl ring! It's being sold as secondhand but looks basically unworn and I think it's really fun and unique.

The ring is from the Mikimoto Milano collection, which was a collaboration between Mikimoto and an Italian designer. My concerns are that it's 'too much' because it is a LOT of ring (the pearl is 12-12.5mm plus the gold is so chunky); that it's too delicate (though I have (knock on wood!) successfully been wearing opal, tourmaline, and emerald without issue, have a chill office job, and obviously won't wear this in risky situations); and that ideally it would be like a quarter or half size bigger to get it on and off my middle finger more easily.

All of my other jewelry is a lot more delicate and I've never owned anything that makes a statement like this. The closest is the tourmaline ring in my avatar, which isn't very close! I have really big hands, though, so I don't think it looks too out of place? What do you all think?

If it can't be resized or would cost a fortune to do it, it would be fine on my middle finger in not-summer and on my index finger year round (and even on my ring finger with the little telephone cord sizer), it's just challenging to get it over my middle finger knuckle right now. Even though it's so chunky, it isn't uncomfortable because everything is super smooth. I am going to try to go back to see it today, though, and make sure that's actually true.

Full thread here.

And a few photos:
1724337326894.png
1724337338377.png

1724337667874.png
1724337687639.png
1724338674206.png

I love this. It’s elegant & yet edgy.

I am toying with having my original engagement diamond made into a sliding bezel pendant? Still undecided, but it’s a beautifully cut 1.02 D VS1 pear & it just sits in my jewellery box looking sad.

Oh, DOOOO it! Then you can wear it close to your heart daily. Don't let a beautiful stone languish unseen.

I posted this elsewhere. Unfortunately the other pearl ring I had been eyeing didn't work out :cry:, but of course now I'm eyeing a different and much bigger pearl ring! It's being sold as secondhand but looks basically unworn and I think it's really fun and unique.

The ring is from the Mikimoto Milano collection, which was a collaboration between Mikimoto and an Italian designer. My concerns are that it's 'too much' because it is a LOT of ring (the pearl is 12-12.5mm plus the gold is so chunky); that it's too delicate (though I have (knock on wood!) successfully been wearing opal, tourmaline, and emerald without issue, have a chill office job, and obviously won't wear this in risky situations); and that ideally it would be like a quarter or half size bigger to get it on and off my middle finger more easily.

All of my other jewelry is a lot more delicate and I've never owned anything that makes a statement like this. The closest is the tourmaline ring in my avatar, which isn't very close! I have really big hands, though, so I don't think it looks too out of place? What do you all think?

If it can't be resized or would cost a fortune to do it, it would be fine on my middle finger in not-summer and on my index finger year round (and even on my ring finger with the little telephone cord sizer), it's just challenging to get it over my middle finger knuckle right now. Even though it's so chunky, it isn't uncomfortable because everything is super smooth. I am going to try to go back to see it today, though, and make sure that's actually true.

Full thread here.

And a few photos:
1724337326894.png
1724337338377.png

1724337667874.png
1724337687639.png
1724338674206.png

Do it!!!!!! I love it! Not too big at all and you can always revert to the ring finger many years down the track if you need to. You will never regret going big!

What I find helpful is to have a “rummage” hand. So you wear the delicate or more prized ring on one hand, use it less and wear a smaller more robust ring on the other hand for rummaging.

Do it!!!!!! I love it! Not too big at all and you can always revert to the ring finger many years down the track if you need to. You will never regret going big!

What I find helpful is to have a “rummage” hand. So you wear the delicate or more prized ring on one hand, use it less and wear a smaller more robust ring on the other hand for rummaging.

That's a good idea with the rummage hand! And of course you won't think it's too big with your stunning and large-scale rings! :lol:

I took one more photo of the surface that I hadn't posted before. So smooth! I was trying to capture that close up you could see the whites of my nails.
1724348105655.png

Oh, DOOOO it! Then you can wear it close to your heart daily. Don't let a beautiful stone languish unseen.

Beat me too it!!! + a billion

Wearing my brand new yellow gold, brushed satin and high polished leaf ring tonight! Paired it with the emerald eternity. Now I'd like a one-way ticket to Ban Island, please :D20240822_214824.jpg

That's a good idea with the rummage hand! And of course you won't think it's too big with your stunning and large-scale rings! :lol:

I took one more photo of the surface that I hadn't posted before. So smooth! I was trying to capture that close up you could see the whites of my nails.
1724348105655.png

I love it!!!! I’ve been lusting after a pearl ring after letting my sister have the only one I found that I could get verified. :boohoo:

I love it!!!! I’ve been lusting after a pearl ring after letting my sister have the only one I found that I could get verified. :boohoo:

Well you'll be glad to know that I just bought it! I saw an email from earlier that there had been a request to bring it into another store. Heart sank and that's when I knew!

Sounds like you need to prioritize a pearl ring next!

Well you'll be glad to know that I just bought it! I saw an email from earlier that there had been a request to bring it into another store. Heart sank and that's when I knew!

Sounds like you need to prioritize a pearl ring next!

Oh squeeeeeeeeeeeee

It is beautiful!!!!!! And packs a punch!!!! I’m so so so glad you bought it!!!!!

Piiiiiiics please when you get it!!!!!

Hahaha another sister steal! You are a softie!

To be fair she went on and on about pearls for years and I kept telling her that I don’t deal with them, I don’t know how to buy south seas so unless she wants to find some herself, I wash my hands of it.

Then I was offered the ring and it was exactly like all the rings she’d been sending me pictures of over the past few years that I’ve poo pooed and waved off. Couldn’t really in good conscience wear it out with her watching on wistfully now could I? So I dutifully handed it over :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Okay, still thinking of pearls, the last thing on my list is to string and set my Takahashi Akoyas. I have an 8-8.5mm earring pair which are loose and a 7-7.5mm bracelet which has a temporary, terrible, and basically unusable clasp.

Here's the bracelet that I quickly knotted up, I'll do a better job with the final clasp:
1724449600324.png

I know studs would show the earring pair off best but I just don't like pearl studs on me (I managed to hold them on for a couple of seconds with some museum wax to confirm, lol).

I know this is maybe a bit of a waste, but I keep coming back to this Konig setting:
1724447896100.png
1724447906810.png
And here's an Etsy photo of a similar pair as completed earrings:
1724447946408.png

I figure worst case I get some cheaper pearls in the future to reset into the hoops if I feel like they hide the luster too much.....

But I also need to get a clasp for the bracelet and I'm having analysis paralysis because I don't really like anything I've found so far.

Maybe this one is okay? Or maybe I should just get sterling and cheap if I don't love anything. Sigh.
1724449175910.png
The only clasp I really love is the one on this MC2 turquoise strand, which is obviously irrelevant for my pearls! But maybe relevant to someone here, it's $2275 for the finished necklace:
1724449320291.png

@newtojewels Exciting projects! I personally think that pearl clasps are a fool's errand-- there are so few exquisite ones. Vintage has very little selection for astronomical prices. I'd just pick something solid gold and move on.

So now I'm completely spamming this thread, but I just looked up 'platinum' on eBay and sorted by time: ending soonest -- and there was a pair of Victor Canera earrings with no bids and only 3 minutes left???

So anyways, I was the only bidder and got them for $1,000 and they're supposedly "new without tags". What a steal, if they check out! They're going through the authenticity guarantee which I have never done before.

The style:
1724469324636.png

Listing photo for scale:
1724469472458.png

Don't you think they'll be perfect with my brooch from last month?
1724469550729.png

As I save and ponder the setting for my five-stone suite of old cuts I have been chipping away at some other, smaller scale, long-term projects I have in the works.

I am collecting stones for a Lily pendant with Cecile Raley. I have 4x 3mm unheated bright pink sapphires for the inner petals and earlier this week I bought some lavender sapphires for the outer petals. I am thinking about putting a moonstone in the center but I’m not sure yet about that. Here is my moonstone mock-up. I want cool tones leaning towards blue and somewhat neutral for the center bc I want this to be a very versatile piece. I also love cabs. I will post pictures of the stones I have when the new ones arrive.

lily1.jpeg

I’m also collecting gems for a pair of earrings like this from Yvonne.
IMG_2993.jpeg

But mine will use these purple sapphires with a small pair of Burmese rubies similar in color to the pinks I have in this photo, which I bought last week along with the small purple sapphires for the pendant.

IMG_3450.jpeg

If I go with moonstone in the lily pendant I might add some dangly moonstone to the earrings too, below the kite, like this.

IMG_2995.png

All the gems in these projects are in the pink/purple family because those are my favourite colors and well represented in my wardrobe and because I imagine wearing all these pieces together with my star sapphire ring would be so lovely.

Anyway I’ll post pictures when the new gems arrive!

As I save and ponder the setting for my five-stone suite of old cuts I have been chipping away at some other, smaller scale, long-term projects I have in the works.

I am collecting stones for a Lily pendant with Cecile Raley. I have 4x 3mm unheated bright pink sapphires for the inner petals and earlier this week I bought some lavender sapphires for the outer petals. I am thinking about putting a moonstone in the center but I’m not sure yet about that. Here is my moonstone mock-up. I want cool tones leaning towards blue and somewhat neutral for the center bc I want this to be a very versatile piece. I also love cabs. I will post pictures of the stones I have when the new ones arrive.

lily1.jpeg

I’m also collecting gems for a pair of earrings like this from Yvonne.
IMG_2993.jpeg

But mine will use these purple sapphires with a small pair of Burmese rubies similar in color to the pinks I have in this photo, which I bought last week along with the small purple sapphires for the pendant.

IMG_3450.jpeg

If I go with moonstone in the lily pendant I might add some dangly moonstone to the earrings too, below the kite, like this.

IMG_2995.png

All the gems in these projects are in the pink/purple family because those are my favourite colors and well represented in my wardrobe and because I imagine wearing all these pieces together with my star sapphire ring would be so lovely.

Anyway I’ll post pictures when the new gems arrive!

Oh your gem colors are delicious! These will be beautiful! I think moonstone would be a lovely option for the center of the pendant.

I am so jealous…. These are beautiful… nice find @newtojewels :kiss2:IMG_2335.png

They won't arrive for a couple of weeks with the authenticity guarantee but I'll definitely post photos when they do!

I really feel like the seller could have sold them for more on PS, assuming they're legit and in good shape. I know we take a hit when selling jewelry secondhand, but that's almost 80% off the list price which just seems hard to believe. I'm still expecting it to be too good to be true -- but we'll see!

Hmmm, thinking about various options: platinum diamond art deco antique bracelet, a custom pendant (likely with Tanzanite as the centre stone) or this emerald, sapphire and diamond white gold bracelet: IMG_6827.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6820.jpeg
    IMG_6820.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6818.jpeg
    IMG_6818.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 18
Hmmm, thinking about various options: platinum diamond art deco antique bracelet, a custom pendant (likely with Tanzanite as the centre stone) or this emerald, sapphire and diamond white gold bracelet: IMG_6827.jpeg

Do you have a particular Art Deco bracelet in mind? Because the one you have on in the photos is amaaaazing and would be hard to beat!

Reactions: CMN
Was thinking about these:
1724476347513.png

1724476274572.png

I recognize that photography!

The store is a whopping 10-20 minutes from where I work, so if it would be helpful to you at all I could definitely stop by and take modeling shots or videos or whatever you want. Huge sacrifice to go and play with the pretties, I know, but I'm willing to do it.

(my brooch above is from there, I went for the first time last month and it was a dream!)

I recognize that photography!

The store is a whopping 10-20 minutes from where I work, so if it would be helpful to you at all I could definitely stop by and take modeling shots or videos or whatever you want. Huge sacrifice to go and play with the pretties, I know, but I'm willing to do it.

(my brooch above is from there, I went for the first time last month and it was a dream!)

That is so generous of you @newtojewels. I am still thinking about these and I will reach out to the vendor if I’m interested and if I feel like I want to progress and need more IRL photos I will take you up on your offer!
I have just had a look at the dimensions on the all diamond bracelet and it is only about 11mm wide - it looks so much bigger in the photos. I’m looking for something with some presence. :)

Attachments

• 1724476260189.png
    1724476260189.png
    919.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1724476322835.png
    1724476322835.png
    935.2 KB · Views: 6
That is so generous of you @newtojewels. I am still thinking about these and I will reach out to the vendor if I’m interested and if I feel like I want to progress and need more IRL photos I will take you up on your offer!
I have just had a look at the dimensions on the all diamond bracelet and it is only about 11mm wide - it looks so much bigger in the photos. I’m looking for something with some presence. :)

Of course! Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do :)

The seller had been trying to sell those Victor Caneras for quite some time and dropping the price. If you decide not to keep them, let me know! I must’ve just missed the auction. They were BIN for a long time from 3k, 2k, etc.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP