shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

I just purchased a channel set, round diamond eternity band, second hand, that has no azures/breathing holes (can't believe I didn't notice that in the listing pictures) I'm still in the return window. Does anybody know if cleaning will be a huge problem given that the stones are round, and therefore there are spaces for cleaner to get in there?

Teaser photo of my new Briony Raymond bangle! I will get a SMTB up eventually! Fabulous piece, fabulous experience.

image.png

Absolutely stunning!!

Visited my jeweller today to assess the rose gold chains. They had two available & despite both being 18k, they were completely different colours!! Apparently the composition of rose gold is not standardised. It’s been an education!

One chain was very pink, too pink (if you had told me it was 9k I would have believed you!). The other was more peachy & closer to my Cartier rose gold bracelets (not an exact match but not jarring). The chain is a diamond cut curb chain so it was super sparkly. I did also try an 18k yellow gold chain but it was just too stark against my skin (I want the metal to blend for this project). Agreed to go with the peach chain and they expect it to be completed by Friday!

Visited my jeweller today to assess the rose gold chains. They had two available & despite both being 18k, they were completely different colours!! Apparently the composition of rose gold is not standardised. It’s been an education!

One chain was very pink, too pink (if you had told me it was 9k I would have believed you!). The other was more peachy & closer to my Cartier rose gold bracelets (not an exact match but not jarring). The chain is a diamond cut curb chain so it was super sparkly. I did also try an 18k yellow gold chain but it was just too stark against my skin (I want the metal to blend for this project). Agreed to go with the peach chain and they expect it to be completed by Friday!

I too learned the hard way that there is no standardization in any gold alloys! Yellows can vary a lot too. And pinks are notorious. Glad you were able to assess in person!

I too learned the hard way that there is no standardization in any gold alloys! Yellows can vary a lot too. And pinks are notorious. Glad you were able to assess in person!
I definitely find it tough doing custom projects. My engagement ring upgrade was easy - they found us the stone & my husband thankfully loved the setting I loved. Only ever considered platinum so the whole experience was super easy. This seems much more difficult and I’m only doing a simple pendant!

I definitely find it tough doing custom projects. My engagement ring upgrade was easy - they found us the stone & my husband thankfully loved the setting I loved. Only ever considered platinum so the whole experience was super easy. This seems much more difficult and I’m only doing a simple pendant!

Custom projects are the worst! And obviously, the best, too. Its a terrible hobby.

Having some issues with my diamond reset. I’m resetting the small diamond from my original engagement ring into a dbty type pendant in rose gold. I saw a similar bracelet in the store & asked them to use the same chain for my necklace.
Unfortunately they don’t have it anymore so they sent me photos of two other chains but they look really pink compared to the T&Co rose gold dbty bracelet I left with them to repair:

rose gold chain 1.jpeg

I double checked with them and their chains are definitely 18k. I don’t like a coppery rose gold. I love the soft rose gold of Cartier & T&Co. What do you guys think? Does 18k rose colour really vary this much?

I’m going into the store on Tuesday for a closer look but if I don’t like the rose colour, what do I do?! I adore my new platinum EC pendant so I could do that again here but will that look too similar?

IMG_8124.jpeg

If I did go platinum, could I layer the two pendants? Or will the round / EC combo look weird? Round is 0.30ct, EC is 0.60ct.

IMG_8130.jpeg

One of the things I've noticed about RG in general is that it warms/turns closer to the color of YG with time and wear. I believe there's a thread on PS somewhere that shows an illustration of this using a variety of the poster's Tiffany pieces with more/less wear to them (though the effect isn't limited to Tiffany). My husband's Tiffany wedding band has noticeably become more similar to YG. So I bet whatever chain you select will mellow over time/wear. Hope this helps.

Oh, and I absolutely do find that different company's RG does look different in color, which makes sense bc RG is an allow and each brand has its own particular recipe/mixture for the alloy.

Last edited:
One of the things I've noticed about RG in general is that it warms/turns closer to the color of YG with time and wear. I believe there's a thread on PS somewhere that shows an illustration of this using a variety of the poster's Tiffany pieces with more/less wear to them (though the effect isn't limited to Tiffany). My husband's Tiffany wedding band has noticeably become more similar to YG. So I bet whatever chain you select will mellow over time/wear. Hope this helps.

Oh, and I absolutely do find that different company's RG does look different in color, which makes sense bc RG is an allow and each brand has its own particular recipe/mixture for the alloy.

I was thinking about this today. Given that rose gold 18k is 75% gold & 25% copper/silver in whatever proportion the company prefers, I wonder if that explains why I really dislike the 18k rose gold plating/vermeil I see on fashion jewellery - perhaps they use a formula which allows for a higher copper content vs silver since it’s cheaper? I’ve always complained to my husband that I couldn’t mix and match my solid Cartier/T&Co 24/7 jewellery with cheaper fashion pieces the way I feel I could have done if my solid jewellery was yellow gold. It’s very frustrating. Right now what my collection lacks are rose gold earrings since I’d have to buy Cartier/T&Co to get the colour I want & of course, they are expensive!

My new bracelet, a gift from my dad that I will always cherish! It consists of 24 carats of emeralds from Brazil and diamonds, set in 14 kt rose gold.
The colour of the emeralds on the bracelet is not as vivid as the colour of the emerald of my ring, which is originated from Colombia. Nevertheless, I love this bracelet. The diamonds are also extremely white and sparkly!
Some photos that unfortunately don't do it justice:

20240830_171407.jpgAirBrush_20240830172629.jpg20240830_175755.jpg20240830_170502.jpg

My new bracelet, a gift from my dad that I will always cherish! It consists of 24 carats of emeralds from Brazil and diamonds, set in 14 kt rose gold.
The colour of the emeralds on the bracelet is not as vivid as the colour of the emerald of my ring, which is originated from Colombia. Nevertheless, I love this bracelet. The diamonds are also extremely white and sparkly!

AirBrush_20240830172629.jpg20240830_175755.jpg20240830_170502.jpg

Wow that’s so beautiful and unique. I love green & rose gold together

20240830_171407.jpgAirBrush_20240830172629.jpg20240830_175755.jpg20240830_170502.jpg

What a beautiful and unique bracelet!

Well, good news and bad news today! Mostly bad news for my wallet.

I had been going back and forth on this Neil Lane French cut eternity band because there were some small gaps and one stone wiggles a bit but it's so comfortable and I think it's so pretty. I had two separate jewelers say it was fine, one offered to do a small 'tune up' on the channel to secure things more but said it isn't necessary for safety. Both said it was absolutely worth keeping for the price I paid. I'm waiting to hear back from TRR in case I can get a repair credit, but I guess I officially own this French cut band now!

1725042709525.png
1725042735723.png

I also got to try on an Erika Winters engagement ring. It was too small for my finger and I stupidly didn't get a photo but I sure did like the setting quality and the stone size, which was almost 3 carats. Timeline for getting engaged is probably next summer so we'll hopefully be looking for a 2.5-ish carat OEC or OMC in the J/K/L and VS/SI range to maximize size for the budget (the one I tried on today was a K and plenty white for me, luckily!). Ideally true antique and natural but I may need to compromise somewhere since the setting will obviously be pricey too....

So NO MORE JEWELRY UNTIL THEN. BAN ISLAND. KEEP ME HONEST!

I had been going back and forth on this Neil Lane French cut eternity band because there were some small gaps and one stone wiggles a bit but it's so comfortable and I think it's so pretty. I had two separate jewelers say it was fine, one offered to do a small 'tune up' on the channel to secure things more but said it isn't necessary for safety. Both said it was absolutely worth keeping for the price I paid. I'm waiting to hear back from TRR in case I can get a repair credit, but I guess I officially own this French cut band now!

1725042709525.png
1725042735723.png

I also got to try on an Erika Winters engagement ring. It was too small for my finger and I stupidly didn't get a photo but I sure did like the setting quality and the stone size, which was almost 3 carats. Timeline for getting engaged is probably next summer so we'll hopefully be looking for a 2.5-ish carat OEC or OMC in the J/K/L and VS/SI range to maximize size for the budget (the one I tried on today was a K and plenty white for me, luckily!). Ideally true antique and natural but I may need to compromise somewhere since the setting will obviously be pricey too....

I’m so happy you are keeping it. It’s just gorgeous! I hope you can get the repair credit from TRR. It’s extra satisfying when you get such a beautiful piece at a great price! Are you going to have it tuned up for peace of mind, or just let it be?

1725042709525.png
1725042735723.png

I am glad you are keeping it. I didn't think it would last long when you returned it. It's beautiful.

I’m so happy you are keeping it. It’s just gorgeous! I hope you can get the repair credit from TRR. It’s extra satisfying when you get such a beautiful piece at a great price! Are you going to have it tuned up for peace of mind, or just let it be?

I'm having that jeweler do a couple of simple things that I had been putting off and we'll see! But I would consider sending it to Neil Lane directly rather than using a local person.
I am glad you are keeping it. I didn't think it would last long when you returned it. It's beautiful.

I'm glad it lasted long enough to at least drop the 10%!

Beautiful bracelet for a beautiful lady!!! Drink looks good also!!!!

My (current) obsession, thanks to @stracci2000 ’s post about Pools of Light.

I purchased the first strand (30”) and then a few days after receiving, it started coveting one with floral details.

Was able to score a shorter floral necklace (16”) from an antique store in NY!
IMG_9564.jpeg

So here are my two Pools of Light necklaces. Please STOP me from purchasing another strand to “complete the look.” The new necklace came with a one-way ticket to Ban Island :lol:
IMG_0978.jpegIMG_4013.jpeg

I purchased the first strand (30”) and then a few days after receiving, it started coveting one with floral details.

IMG_9564.jpeg

So here are my two Pools of Light necklaces. Please STOP me from purchasing another strand to “complete the look.” The new necklace came with a one-way ticket to Ban Island :lol:

so so so fabulous!

IMG_9564.jpeg

Wow, they look so wonderful on you! ❤️❤️❤️

I'm having that jeweler do a couple of simple things that I had been putting off and we'll see! But I would consider sending it to Neil Lane directly rather than using a local person.

I would DEFINITELY send it to Neil Lane. The piece is so beautiful- she’s worth a spa day. If I weren’t saving for my hg, I would have jumped on that band! SO gorgeous ❤️

1725042709525.png
1725042735723.png

Which EW setting??? I love her stuff…. $$$ but for a forever piece- totally worth it ❤️

I would DEFINITELY send it to Neil Lane. The piece is so beautiful- she’s worth a spa day. If I weren’t saving for my hg, I would have jumped on that band! SO gorgeous ❤️

noted! And yes, time for me to start saving too ;(
Which EW setting??? I love her stuff…. $$$ but for a forever piece- totally worth it ❤️

I would probably do a Grace cathedral with diamonds in the basket for a round stone and a Willa for a cushion. I love the top view of the Margot but I prefer these profile views to Margot's crown look. I also love the French cut Minna but that's soooo expensive that the Neil Lane band will need to satisfy my French cut desires.

I don't think I would be an upgrade or reset person since I'm pretty sentimental and also getting married late enough in life that we can just save up to get the goal in the first place. Round versus cushion and thus the setting choice will probably depend on which stones are around when we're looking!

Grace cathedral:
1725061417777.png
1725061386470.png

Willa:

1725061321104.png
1725061339673.png

1725042709525.png
1725042735723.png

What a lovely band - totally worth a trip to ban(d) island.

noted! And yes, time for me to start saving too ;(

I would probably do a Grace cathedral with diamonds in the basket for a round stone and a Willa for a cushion. I love the top view of the Margot but I prefer these profile views to Margot's crown look. I also love the French cut Minna but that's soooo expensive that the Neil Lane band will need to satisfy my French cut desires.

I don't think I would be an upgrade or reset person since I'm pretty sentimental and also getting married late enough in life that we can just save up to get the goal in the first place. Round versus cushion and thus the setting choice will probably depend on which stones are around when we're looking!

Grace cathedral:
1725061417777.png
1725061386470.png

Willa:

1725061321104.png
1725061339673.png
I love them both… the Willa though, with the 3/4 pave band… LOVE!!!! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results