shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

My (current) obsession, thanks to @stracci2000 ’s post about Pools of Light.

I purchased the first strand (30”) and then a few days after receiving, it started coveting one with floral details.

Was able to score a shorter floral necklace (16”) from an antique store in NY!
IMG_9564.jpeg

So here are my two Pools of Light necklaces. Please STOP me from purchasing another strand to “complete the look.” The new necklace came with a one-way ticket to Ban Island :lol:
IMG_0978.jpegIMG_4013.jpeg

Sorry, but no one-way tickets to Ban Island!!! @RMOO said so :D

@newtojewels Many original old cuts have very thin or worn girdles that should remain untouched to preserve their authenticity. While Erika Winters' settings are undeniably beautiful, they may not provide enough protection for these delicate girdles. My stone has an extremely thin girdle, so I opted for a bezel setting to keep it safe. It's worth considering this before settling on a particular setting, especially if you haven't chosen your stone yet.

Unfortunately, many of us with old cut engagement rings have had to deal with this issue…

Willa with this would be perfect.

They *do* offer layaway…a 6 month plan would be perfect ;-)

Ban island! And we've been talking marriage but neither of us is quite ready to pull the trigger. I think we will be in the next year, though! And of course I'll post for help then :)

Sooo pretty. But a small facer up due to the 70% depth…
Good point! Though I found one at Jewels by Grace that was over 80% depth O.O

Sorry, but no one-way tickets to Ban Island!!! @RMOO said so :D

:lol:
YES!!!! K/VS2 ❤️ …. I will keep my fingers crossed that she’s still there come Valentines Day!

Yes, we'll see!
@newtojewels Many original old cuts have very thin or worn girdles that should remain untouched to preserve their authenticity. While Erika Winters' settings are undeniably beautiful, they may not provide enough protection for these delicate girdles. My stone has an extremely thin girdle, so I opted for a bezel setting to keep it safe. It's worth considering this before settling on a particular setting, especially if you haven't chosen your stone yet.

Unfortunately, many of us with old cut engagement rings have had to deal with this issue…

Thank you for the thoughtful comment! I'm also wearing your earrings right now, they are by far my best cost per wear jewelry purchase so thank you for those too!

I looked at the report for Sako's after seeing this and noticed the 'extremely thin' girdle :( for preserving authenticity, you're saying that you feel like a girdle shouldn't be 'touched up' to have chips removed, etc?

Since I haven't bought a large diamond before, I'll obviously need to do more research. A quick look seems to suggest that 'thin' girdles are okay but no thinner without bezeling?

Thank you for the thoughtful comment! I'm also wearing your earrings right now, they are by far my best cost per wear jewelry purchase so thank you for those too!

I looked at the report for Sako's after seeing this and noticed the 'extremely thin' girdle :( for preserving authenticity, you're saying that you feel like a girdle shouldn't be 'touched up' to have chips removed, etc?

Since I haven't bought a large diamond before, I'll obviously need to do more research. A quick look seems to suggest that 'thin' girdles are okay but no thinner without bezeling?
I'm so happy that you love your earrings! ☺️

Some people do clean up girdles to remove chips, but often they’re left as-is unless it affects the diamond's structural integrity.

If there are no chips but the girdle is very thin or extremely thin (which is quite common), it’s best to protect it with a bezel. I wouldn’t recommend putting even a thin girdle in prongs. I wear my ring every day, and sometimes I accidentally bang or drop it. I’d hate for something so precious to be damaged by an accident—I’m just too clumsy to take that risk :oops2:

My (current) obsession, thanks to @stracci2000 ’s post about Pools of Light.

I purchased the first strand (30”) and then a few days after receiving, it started coveting one with floral details.

Was able to score a shorter floral necklace (16”) from an antique store in NY!
IMG_9564.jpeg

So here are my two Pools of Light necklaces. Please STOP me from purchasing another strand to “complete the look.” The new necklace came with a one-way ticket to Ban Island :lol:
IMG_0978.jpegIMG_4013.jpeg

Stunning! Just stunning! The bottom picture almost looks like a painting, because the pools are literally picking up so much light!

Just received this gorgeous opal bracelet as a gift from my DH! I've been stalking it for months! So excited!

This designer is having a Fall sale 20% off
IMG_9880.jpeg

Just received this gorgeous opal bracelet as a gift from my DH! I've been stalking it for months! So excited!

IMG_9880.jpeg

Oooh glowy goodness!!! Love it <3

IMG_9880.jpeg

I would check out their site, but there's no Wifi where I am, on Ban Island :D

Stunning! Just stunning! The bottom picture almost looks like a painting, because the pools are literally picking up so much light!

Thank you so much!! I’m having so much fun with them ::)

As promised, here are the pics of my EC pendant (although it seems impossible to take nice photos of it). It’s a D colour, 0.6ct. It’s my first step cut stone & I just love looking at it. So glad we went with platinum too as it feels so luxurious. I’m confident this pendant (& the rose gold beauty I’m having made from my original engagement ring) will be my daily wearer. For a comparatively small diamond (by PS standards) I think it has nice presence. I’m also based in the U.K. where small stones rock <3

IMG_8130.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpegIMG_8122.jpeg

I’ve also realised that I prefer fancy cuts over rounds. My reset will be using the round from my engagement ring & will love it for its own sake, but in general I’m so much more drawn to pears, hearts and all the yummy step cuts!

Very classy. I am curious about the thickness of your chain. Do you know the exact measurements and what type of chain it is exactly? (excuse my ignorance regarding chain texture). I am looking for a chain that is not wispy but still light looking. Yours fits that description.

As promised, here are the pics of my EC pendant (although it seems impossible to take nice photos of it). It’s a D colour, 0.6ct. It’s my first step cut stone & I just love looking at it. So glad we went with platinum too as it feels so luxurious. I’m confident this pendant (& the rose gold beauty I’m having made from my original engagement ring) will be my daily wearer. For a comparatively small diamond (by PS standards) I think it has nice presence. I’m also based in the U.K. where small stones rock <3

IMG_8130.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpegIMG_8122.jpeg

I’ve also realised that I prefer fancy cuts over rounds. My reset will be using the round from my engagement ring & will love it for its own sake, but in general I’m so much more drawn to pears, hearts and all the yummy step cuts!

It's beautiful, so elegant. I love the way the bale is kept tucked in, so it all but disappears on your neck.

I rescued a lovely chunky monkey from TRR last week, and it arrived today. They estimated 1.4ct, and near colorless. I'll be taking the stone to GIA this week, and scrapping the hideous setting. Top photo mine, bottom is TRR's listing photo.
20240903_160048-EDIT.jpgd29cb67665c60a6f90cb2844baf9460d (1).jpg

I rescued a lovely chunky monkey from TRR last week, and it arrived today. They estimated 1.4ct, and near colorless. I'll be taking the stone to GIA this week, and scrapping the hideous setting. Top photo mine, bottom is TRR's listing photo.

Stunning cut! This is a really old diamond. Looks like the end of the OMC period maybe just beginning to bridge to OEC. So pre-1880 I'd guess. Great find!

Do you know the measurements?

Beautiful!!!!

Stunning cut! This is a really old diamond. Looks like the end of the OMC period maybe just beginning to bridge to OEC. So pre-1880 I'd guess. Great find!

Do you know the measurements?
Wow, thank you! I'm not great with the calipers, but I'm getting 7mm x 6.8mm-ish. No idea on depth though. Regardless, she's a beaut, and now the largest stone in my collection, though it won't compare to many on here. If I can drop it at GIA this week, I should have the results in a week or two.

It does have an inclusion, which is somehow hidden in my photo, but not at all visible to the eye - only with the loupe.

Stunning! Hoping for great news at the GIA for you!

I just received an email about a listing inaccuracy in the Authenticity Guarantee from eBay on the Victor Canera earrings I recently purchased. It turns out the listing said 950 platinum but they tested as 900, which I think is VC's most common alloy. Of course they didn't say what the purity tested as in the note, I did have to call to get that detail. Obviously I'm not concerned about 90/10 versus 95/5 platinum.

If I had not checked my messages, these earrings would have gone back to the seller automatically in 3 days -- but at least they didn't immediately reject it and instead let me decide. I had seen previous posts about items automatically going back to the seller for being 13k gold instead of 14k and I think I remember that Neil (?) even had something she purchased sent back without contacting her because they discovered a tiny bit of platinum on something that was supposed to be gold? I just wanted to let people know my recent experience in case it's somehow helpful.

1725399679464.png

You saved her!!! She’s gorgeous, I love the faceting ❤️❤️❤️

I need details on what your plans are for her!

I just received an email about a listing inaccuracy in the Authenticity Guarantee from eBay on the Victor Canera earrings I recently purchased. It turns out the listing said 950 platinum but they tested as 900, which I think is VC's most common alloy. Of course they didn't say what the purity tested as in the note, I did have to call to get that detail. Obviously I'm not concerned about 90/10 versus 95/5 platinum.

If I had not checked my messages, these earrings would have gone back to the seller automatically in 3 days -- but at least they didn't immediately reject it and instead let me decide. I had seen previous posts about items automatically going back to the seller for being 13k gold instead of 14k and I think I remember that Neil (?) even had something she purchased sent back without contacting her because they discovered a tiny bit of platinum on something that was supposed to be gold? I just wanted to let people know my recent experience in case it's somehow helpful.

1725399679464.png

So glad you caught the email! I would have been so sad if they were sent back. Please post lots of pics when you get these!

1725399679464.png

Nice that they gave you the option. I once had something that missed being authenticated because the listing said 14k and it came out slightly less. I would have purchased it anyway, but I was never given the chance and definitely did not "miss" a message. I only found out because the seller told me.

Nice that they gave you the option. I once had something that missed being authenticated because the listing said 14k and it came out slightly less. I would have purchased it anyway, but I was never given the chance and definitely did not "miss" a message. I only found out because the seller told me.

Hopefully they're learning! Your circumstance leaves you and the seller both unhappy.

OK, I'm officially a freak - I love both the diamond AND the setting!

Wow, thank you! I'm not great with the calipers, but I'm getting 7mm x 6.8mm-ish. No idea on depth though. Regardless, she's a beaut, and now the largest stone in my collection, though it won't compare to many on here. If I can drop it at GIA this week, I should have the results in a week or two.

It does have an inclusion, which is somehow hidden in my photo, but not at all visible to the eye - only with the loupe.

These old puppies are deep so it might very well be over 1.5ct if those face up measures are good. And I don’t care one bit about inclusions anymore unless it’s a giant black glob in the middle. Can’t wait to hear what GOA says!

You must have a rather large stash of loose old cuts now. Please share pictures!

OK, I'm officially a freak - I love both the diamond AND the setting!

I'll sell you the setting for scrap value if you want it! Lol

I'll sell you the setting for scrap value if you want it! Lol

I’m curious - did the TRR assign a color? And how heavy is the setting? Gold is SO HIGH right now! It’s crazy!

ETA - you should put this in TRR thread!

I’m curious - did the TRR assign a color? And how heavy is the setting? Gold is SO HIGH right now! It’s crazy!

ETA - you should put this in TRR thread!

I forgot about that!

Here are the details from TRR's listing. The setting isn't crazy heavy, but scrapping it will at least offset the taxes & shipping.
1725461305197.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results