shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

I had my original engagement diamond reset. .62 pear with sapphire pear sides set in platinum.
IMG_1318.jpeg

I had not visited my fav Jeweller fpr a few months, and when I did, this was waiting for me, fresh out of the vault. Isn’t it marvellous? 7.5 ct minor oil.
IMG_6946.jpeg
Last week I visited another Jeweller who had some green diamonds.

Which do you prefer?
IMG_6947.jpeg

Is Minerva getting a brother (or sister)? :mrgreen:

The emerald is amazing, but I wouldn’t say no to green diamonds!

Well the emerald made me say “good lord!” So I think that is the winner for me!
I had the same reaction when I saw it. Funnier still, I was wearing it for a full half hour and walked out to another part of the shop where two other women were looking at rubies. When they saw this ring, they both squealed and shrieked. It is that sort of ring. It has gone back into the store vault while I consider, hehe.
=)2

Is Minerva getting a brother (or sister)? :mrgreen:

The emerald is amazing, but I wouldn’t say no to green diamonds!
I wish, @Eli22 but this ring is huge in both size and price. It is very heavy! I thought it would make a good pendant - then I can wear it with Minerva.
I shall have to do some research, as I did with Minerva. I have decided not to look for green diamonds any more. The GIA recall has me spooked.

I wish, @Eli22 but this ring is huge in both size and price. It is very heavy! I thought it would make a good pendant - then I can wear it with Minerva.
I shall have to do some research, as I did with Minerva. I have decided not to look for green diamonds any more. The GIA recall has me spooked.

Ooh what recall Crimson? Not that I care for green diamonds at all when that spectacular emerald is an option!

Dooooooo it!!!! Do they need to reset it into a pendant if you get it or is it already a convertible?

It is glorious! Minerva levels of glorious!!!!!

Ooh what recall Crimson? Not that I care for green diamonds at all when that spectacular emerald is an option!

Dooooooo it!!!! Do they need to reset it into a pendant if you get it or is it already a convertible?

It is glorious! Minerva levels of glorious!!!!!

I didn’t know about the recall either, until I started to search for green diamonds.
I found some nice fancy green, and fancy bluish green diamonds, which had GIA certificates with an ‘indeterminate” comment.
After some digging,, I found reports that in 2021, GIA had recall green diamonds for re-rating.
Apparently they had discovered something and couldn’t be sure whether the source of colour (radiation)
was natural or not . Yikes!
And

So glad you like this latest emerald. Yes, it is glorious! They would have to convert it to a pendant. Right now, it is just a ring. I will have to do more homework before deciding. At that price, there are other yummy options.

Oh my thanks for the info on green emeralds! Re: pendant- could you have them set it so it can be worn N/S or E/W? I think it would be lovely in different orientations on varying length chains!

I didn’t know about the recall either, until I started to search for green diamonds.
I found some nice fancy green, and fancy bluish green diamonds, which had GIA certificates with an ‘indeterminate” comment.
After some digging,, I found reports that in 2021, GIA had recall green diamonds for re-rating.
Apparently they had discovered something and couldn’t be sure whether the source of colour (radiation)
was natural or not . Yikes!
And

So glad you like this latest emerald. Yes, it is glorious! They would have to convert it to a pendant. Right now, it is just a ring. I will have to do more homework before deciding. At that price, there are other yummy options.
I have a very vibrant green diamond and platinum eternity ring my old jeweller made for me (green is my favourite colour). The diamonds must have been treated as they are much greener than the beauty you posted but back then I didn’t think to ask!

Oh my thanks for the info on green emeralds! Re: pendant- could you have them set it so it can be worn N/S or E/W? I think it would be lovely in different orientations on varying length chains!
Such a fun and love;y suggestion, @Eli22! . Thank you.

I have a very vibrant green diamond and platinum eternity ring my old jeweller made for me (green is my favourite colour). The diamonds must have been treated as they are much greener than the beauty you posted but back then I didn’t think to ask!
Ooh maybe they just enameled the platinum green. I understand that many jewellers do that with green diamonds because the colour can be quite subtle.

Gorgeous! Do you have a “before” photo?

I’m sure I do somewhere here. My husband proposed with the pear in a plain yellow gold solitaire setting in 1995, and has been reset several times since then.

Anniversary coming up so upgraded to 2.20ct (8.43mm x8.46 mm) from 1.52ct (7.47mm) round. I'm so excited!!!
Now to decide if will do a solitaire or upgrade my center in my 5 stone and repurpose the 1.52 ct round :razz:

Anniversary coming up so upgraded to 2.20ct (8.43mm x8.46 mm) from 1.52ct (7.47mm) round. I'm so excited!!!
Now to decide if will do a solitaire or upgrade my center in my 5 stone and repurpose the 1.52 ct round :razz:

Congrats on anniversary and upgrade! Can’t wait to see what you decide for setting

First world problems here. I bought this beautiful ( to me ) necklace at auction. It’s in 23k gold. However, they broke it while packaging it for shipment *crying emoji*. Their in-house jeweler cannot fix it. Emailed DK to see if he can ( or if it makes sense to go through with it ). Before and after attached IMG_9355.jpegIMG_9355.jpeg

It just arrived ….the repair work is noticeable. But it’s in the back so it won’t show much when worn. It also is quite hollow (35 grams) so it maybe prone to denting? But I really do love the look and the beautiful engraving IMG_0949.jpegIMG_0963.jpegIMG_0961.jpegIMG_0962.jpeg

This is exciting! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do @ZestfullyBling. I know whatever it is, it will be beautiful.

It just arrived ….the repair work is noticeable. But it’s in the back so it won’t show much when worn. It also is quite hollow (35 grams) so it maybe prone to denting? But I really do love the look and the beautiful engraving IMG_0949.jpegIMG_0963.jpegIMG_0961.jpegIMG_0962.jpeg

This looks gorgeous on you

Oops sorry about my previous post above. My comments didn’t appear.. what I meant to say was that the stones are pretty green. I can’t tell if there is any enameling under the stones. My guess would be probably not.

Another possible friend for Minerva? Vivid red Ruby, Burma, 3.5 carats. The certificate is old so I’ve asked for it to be re-tested. I’m very tempted because it’s difficult to find Burmese vivid red rubies of this size nowadays..
IMG_0009.jpegIMG_7117.jpeg

Last edited:
Another possible friend for Minerva? Vivid red Ruby, Burma, 3.5 carats. The certificate is old so I’ve asked for it to be re-tested. I’m very tempted because it’s difficult to find Burmese vivid red rubies of this size nowadays..

Oh that’s beautiful! Would you reset it?

That’s stunning Crimson! And yes agree with your sentiments on how difficult it is to find something with that colour, in that size.

As much as I adored the emerald ring from your other post (and I’m not particularly into red in general), I think it’s easier to find than this stone.

Whoa that color looks incredible. Keep us posted!

Oh that’s beautiful! Would you reset it?
@Happytobemrsg , thanks for asking! I think the current setting is fine. The ring is new but has been around since 2011 so I will ask them to check all the claws, etc. I I found it while sniffing around my fav jewellery store which is a bit like a treasure trove.:kiss2:
That’s stunning Crimson! And yes agree with your sentiments on how difficult it is to find something with that colour, in that size.

As much as I adored the emerald ring from your other post (and I’m not particularly into red in general), I think it’s easier to find than this stone.
Same thought, @mellowyellowgirl :mrgreen2:
The faceted emerald is VERY clean though. The cutter did a fabulous job. That is what sets it apart. The crystal looks great. But the ruby is rarer and I have green overflowing from my jewellery box! I put myself on a green buying ban and obviously haven't stuck to it!

IWhoa that color looks incredible. Keep us posted!
Yes, @Mreader. It leapt out at me although it was surrounded by other rubies. Just hoping we get a good report. The old report from 2013 suggested it was not heated but I want it checked with more advanced equipment. Fingers crossed.:saint:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP