shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

I’ve been thinking about an upgrade to my engagement ring for the past several months. Only just started looking seriously; it took me a bit to wrestle with the idea. I wanted to make sure it’s something I genuinely want (and would not regret) rather than something due to boredom.

Anyhow, current ring is ~3.5 ct Q/R OEC. CVB Casablanca setting. I wanted to stick with a low color antique cut (maybe OMC this time), and I wanted a bolder setting. I’m trying to decide how big I want for fo, so I’ve been wearing some cheap costume rings around to help me decide what is too big for me to wear on a daily basis.

Exciting! I’d think you need to get upwards of 4ct to notice a size difference.

It just arrived ….the repair work is noticeable. But it’s in the back so it won’t show much when worn. It also is quite hollow (35 grams) so it maybe prone to denting? But I really do love the look and the beautiful engraving IMG_0949.jpegIMG_0963.jpegIMG_0961.jpegIMG_0962.jpeg

dhimer, I love the rich gold with your complexion. This is so beautiful!

Congrats on anniversary and upgrade! Can’t wait to see what you decide for setting

Thank you @MissGotRocks and @junebug17!! Just replacing the center, sides the same.
I love the coverage of the 5 stone :kiss2:

Still working out the kinks on desigh touches but basically a trellis setting, sooo excited!

Screenshot_20240915_203318_Gmail.jpg

Thank you @MissGotRocks and @junebug17!! Just replacing the center, sides the same.

Still working out the kinks on desigh touches but basically a trellis setting, sooo excited!

Should be beautiful! Can’t wait to see it and hear all the details!

Wow that will look spectacular! Is there a reason why you’re moving away from a bezel setting? I have prongs (pear solitaire) & have wondered whether a bezel would enhance its shape, add to size etc

Ok so my cheeky eBay find has arrived! As per previous post, I have already asked my jeweller about creating a plain rose gold band to wear with my platinum engagement ring but now I’m wondering if I can go with this instead. Cost wise, it was a steal at only £110.

It’s a lower gold (9ct) but a beautiful colour. It actually matches the new 18k rose gold pendant we made with my original engagement diamond (still counting down til mid Oct When I can wear it!!). It’s also matches my T&Co DBTY rose gold bracelet.

How do you like it with my engagement ring? I would wear it so the little 0.05ct diamond is off centre which I think is super cute. I must admit, I do like that it looks fabulous alone. I don’t think I would have worn a plain version on its own much. It’s 2mm vs the 1.8mm my jeweller would have made but I think I like that.

Would really appreciate your thoughts!!

IMG_8544.jpegIMG_8540.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so my cheeky eBay find has arrived! As per previous post, I have already asked my jeweller about creating a plain rose gold band to wear with my platinum engagement ring but now I’m wondering if I can go with this instead. Cost wise, it was a steal at only £110.

It’s a lower gold (9ct) but a beautiful colour. It actually matches the new 18k rose gold pendant we made with my original engagement diamond (still counting down til mid Oct When I can wear it!!). It’s also matches my T&Co DBTY rose gold bracelet.

How do you like it with my engagement ring? I would wear it so the little 0.05ct diamond is off centre which I think is super cute. I must admit, I do like that it looks fabulous alone. I don’t think I would have worn a plain version on its own much. It’s 2mm vs the 1.8mm my jeweller would have made but I think I like that.

I love it! It is so much more interesting than a plain band. I think it looks great with your e-ring, lovely color, looks great alone, was a steal, matches your other rose gold pieces ! I'm not sure what else the gods could tell you to make you keep it. :) Enjoy!!

I’ve been thinking about an upgrade to my engagement ring for the past several months. Only just started looking seriously; it took me a bit to wrestle with the idea. I wanted to make sure it’s something I genuinely want (and would not regret) rather than something due to boredom.

Anyhow, current ring is ~3.5 ct Q/R OEC. CVB Casablanca setting. I wanted to stick with a low color antique cut (maybe OMC this time), and I wanted a bolder setting. I’m trying to decide how big I want for fo, so I’ve been wearing some cheap costume rings around to help me decide what is too big for me to wear on a daily basis.

I just had a look at your current ring and wow, it is really gorgeous! That will be hard to too! But keep us posted on your search.

Wow that will look spectacular! Is there a reason why you’re moving away from a bezel setting? I have prongs (pear solitaire) & have wondered whether a bezel would enhance its shape, add to size etc

Thanks. I have always had soft spot for 5 stone trellis setting. This setting "fans out" the diamonds and really love the look.
IMO Bezels DO enhance shape of fancies and look fabulous! Shucks bezels enhance all shapes. Really just about what look you prefer.

@Happytobemrsg I simply adore mixing metals and your band with the diamond offset look beautiful with your pear solitaire!! :kiss2:

Perfection and I would not be bothered at all about he 9kt gold. It looks great.

I love it! It is so much more interesting than a plain band. I think it looks great with your e-ring, lovely color, looks great alone, was a steal, matches your other rose gold pieces ! I'm not sure what else the gods could tell you to make you keep it. :) Enjoy!!
Haha thank you! My only concern is whether a plain band which is thinner & fits flush (like my current platinum band) would look better. But then I’m actually usually a fan of THE GAP! My original set had a slight gap which was intentional.

Thanks. I have always had soft spot for 5 stone trellis setting. This setting "fans out" the diamonds and really love the look.
IMO Bezels DO enhance shape of fancies and look fabulous! Shucks bezels enhance all shapes. Really just about what look you prefer.

@Happytobemrsg I simply adore mixing metals and your band with the diamond offset look beautiful with your pear solitaire!! :kiss2:
Thank you so much! My only mixed metal single piece is my watch otherwise I usually wear my mixed metals separately. I need to be braver.

Perfection and I would not be bothered at all about he 9kt gold. It looks great.
Thank you!

The trellis setting is such a classic look, it’ll look beautiful! I’m hoping I have a bezel RHR in my future!

Haha thank you! My only concern is whether a plain band which is thinner & fits flush (like my current platinum band) would look better. But then I’m actually usually a fan of THE GAP! My original set had a slight gap which was intentional.

Thank you so much! My only mixed metal single piece is my watch otherwise I usually wear my mixed metals separately. I need to be braver.

Thank you!

Keep the platinum band for times you want the matching flush set look, and this rose gold/diamond band for when you want a more eclectic look. The mixed metal, offset diamond and gap all "track' together for a beautifully offbeat look.

Keep the platinum band for times you want the matching flush set look, and this rose gold/diamond band for when you want a more eclectic look. The mixed metal, offset diamond and gap all "track' together for a beautifully offbeat look.

Yes! That’s exactly it! I was wondering if it was TOO different - different colour, offset diamond, gap. But you’re right - somehow they work. Feels relaxed & carefree but curated too. Thank you for putting my mind at ease <3

@Happytobemrsg your two rings look great together. I love the way you’re wearing them with the little diamond off-centre. It really adds interest.

Thank you!

Well, since you have both, you can switch them on and off for different looks!

I pulled the trigger on a pre-loved Tiffany Color By the Yard ruby and diamond YG long necklace!

Just got word it shipped today to the authentication place (this was an eBay purchase). Eeek!

I hope I like it! I have tried one on in the past, and loved it, but thought it was too expensive new. That was several years ago. Fingers crossed!

I pulled the trigger on a pre-loved Tiffany Color By the Yard ruby and diamond YG long necklace!

Just got word it shipped today to the authentication place (this was an eBay purchase). Eeek!

I hope I like it! I have tried one on in the past, and loved it, but thought it was too expensive new. That was several years ago. Fingers crossed!

Cannot wait to see it!! Ruby is my birth stone so I’ve always had a soft spot for the Ruby DBTY but never pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the authentication places are for eBay? The eBay seller I bought the necklace from is located in Miami, and the necklace shipped yesterday. There's a nasty hurricane about to hit Florida. Oh course the necklace is minuscule compared to people's lives and safety and other property in the hurricane's path. But I am wondering what's going to happen.

Does anyone know where the authentication places are for eBay? The eBay seller I bought the necklace from is located in Miami, and the necklace shipped yesterday. There's a nasty hurricane about to hit Florida. Oh course the necklace is minuscule compared to people's lives and safety and other property in the hurricane's path. But I am wondering what's going to happen.

Carlsbad CA
That is where all my authentication pieces are sent for eBay.

I’m thinking of these but my friends think they are very adolescent and I’m in my 40’s. I don’t know what’s drawing me in. I would love to get honest opinions. They are not inexpensive. E2F1DB7F-4C99-489D-A4C3-1A890D0700A4.png

I’m thinking of these but my friends think they are very adolescent and I’m in my 40’s. I don’t know what’s drawing me in. I would love to get honest opinions. They are not inexpensive. E2F1DB7F-4C99-489D-A4C3-1A890D0700A4.png

They're cute, but the design may catch on your hair if you have long hair. I'd worry about mine getting tangled in them leading me to retiring them after the first wear.

Guilty of the "trend" with pools of lights baubles. So ethereal though. I love unique charms like this. Hopefully it stays in my wearing rotation! Hee hee.
PXL_20240925_185206489.MP.jpgPXL_20240925_185147739.MP.jpgPXL_20240925_185127700.MP.jpgPXL_20240925_184258288.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpgPXL_20240925_184222020.jpg

I love it! I am on a bow kick myself. So far, I have a 14k bow pin and a 14k rose gold CZ bow ring. And I am definitely older than you are! :lol-2:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP