shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

The seller had been trying to sell those Victor Caneras for quite some time and dropping the price. If you decide not to keep them, let me know! I must’ve just missed the auction. They were BIN for a long time from 3k, 2k, etc.

Thank you for the context! I had 0 time to do research since I literally caught it 3 minutes (and 0 seconds!) before the auction ending. I found them on the VC website, realized I had seen them before so that was reassuring, looked at her photos more closely, read her negative feedback reviews, and at that point had only 30 seconds left to actually bid. Stressful! I wish I had been wearing a heart rate monitor, it would have shown some spiking.

If they get to me and if I don't love them, I'll definitely tag you and let you know! I would be very happy to sell them to you at my cost instead of returning them to her. Keep them in the PS family! :)

Having some issues with my diamond reset. I’m resetting the small diamond from my original engagement ring into a dbty type pendant in rose gold. I saw a similar bracelet in the store & asked them to use the same chain for my necklace.
Unfortunately they don’t have it anymore so they sent me photos of two other chains but they look really pink compared to the T&Co rose gold dbty bracelet I left with them to repair:

rose gold chain 1.jpeg

I double checked with them and their chains are definitely 18k. I don’t like a coppery rose gold. I love the soft rose gold of Cartier & T&Co. What do you guys think? Does 18k rose colour really vary this much?

I’m going into the store on Tuesday for a closer look but if I don’t like the rose colour, what do I do?! I adore my new platinum EC pendant so I could do that again here but will that look too similar?

IMG_8124.jpeg

If I did go platinum, could I layer the two pendants? Or will the round / EC combo look weird? Round is 0.30ct, EC is 0.60ct.

IMG_8130.jpeg

Having some issues with my diamond reset. I’m resetting the small diamond from my original engagement ring into a dbty type pendant in rose gold. I saw a similar bracelet in the store & asked them to use the same chain for my necklace.
Unfortunately they don’t have it anymore so they sent me photos of two other chains but they look really pink compared to the T&Co rose gold dbty bracelet I left with them to repair:

rose gold chain 1.jpeg

I double checked with them and their chains are definitely 18k. I don’t like a coppery rose gold. I love the soft rose gold of Cartier & T&Co. What do you guys think? Does 18k rose colour really vary this much?

I’m going into the store on Tuesday for a closer look but if I don’t like the rose colour, what do I do?! I adore my new platinum EC pendant so I could do that again here but will that look too similar?

IMG_8124.jpeg

If I did go platinum, could I layer the two pendants? Or will the round / EC combo look weird? Round is 0.30ct, EC is 0.60ct.

IMG_8130.jpeg

It's hard to capture in photos but even my Tiffany rose gold pieces look like slightly different colors from each other. I think that's kind of the nature of rose gold and some of it may be due to patina. My bracelet is the oldest, then some earrings, then a necklace, then a ring and that's the order they go in from most yellow (oldest) to most coppery (newest).

The Mikimoto pearl ring arrived and it looks better at home than I remembered it looking in the office and the size is fine without needing a resize! Hooray!

1724531497664.png
1724531521498.png
1724531542265.png

rose gold chain 1.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg

IMG_8130.jpeg

Maybe ask to see some other golds. Choose based on color match not gold name. A 14 or even 10k may match better and maybe yellow or peach not pink.

I’ve been doing some more research and it does seem that Cartier rose gold leans on the peachier side compared to some other 18k rose golds. I doubt they will have peachier chains for me to look at. I’ll have to see if the chain is just too pink for me

rose gold chain 1.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg

IMG_8130.jpeg

If you want a bezel then IMHO you should get a bezel because you probably wouldn’t be happy with a prong set.

I just ticked another smaller purchase off my list! I have been casually looking for a small ruby for about a year for a project and I bought it today! Yvonne had posted a gorgeous pair of 4mm Burmese rubies and I was naughty and emailed to ask if she had any others and she generously split the pair for me. It’s the one I circled here, which is slightly redder and a touch silkier. But I love how intense it is!

IMG_3448.jpeg

I’m planning to set it with these two GIA graded H/I color OECs I bought on eBay earlier this year.

IMG_2523.jpeg

I want to make a ring like this one that @Mreader owns.
IMG_3435.png

But I might set the stones like this for added texture and because I prefer to avoid bezels.

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

Ruby and Diamond are my and my husband’s birthstones so this will be a special ring but also a versatile staple for my collection.

rose gold chain 1.jpeg

I recently received this ring, in which the seller (also maker) informed me that the gold metal on the band is 18k “pink” gold, whatever that means. Perhaps you have a similar thing; a more gold rose gold?

It looks very similar in color. The other metals are 14k white gold and the bezel is 22k yellow for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5315.jpeg
    IMG_5315.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5314.jpeg
    IMG_5314.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 23
The Mikimoto pearl ring arrived and it looks better at home than I remembered it looking in the office and the size is fine without needing a resize! Hooray!

1724531497664.png
1724531521498.png
1724531542265.png

Omg squeeeeeeeee

Love love love. Do you love it? It looks fabulous on you!!!! Soooo smooth and such a statement piece!

Reactions: CMN
I purchased one of the two of these. Admittedly, after a glass of wine or two, as an impulse buy.... But have always loved Art Nouveau. Since I have lots of rings, and few pendants except for diamond solitaires, I'm happy that I made the leap.Screenshot 2024-08-05 205027.png

This is just gorgeous! :kiss2: Talk about fine art!
Do you mind me asking where you bought it from?

IMG_0738.gif

I immediately gasped when I saw this. You did it! You went and found a big blue!! :love::love: Oh man, it’s insanely gorgeous! That royal blue color. That juicy halo! Imma need all the deets! :evil2: Do you have a thread on it?

Yes!!!!! I did it!!!! And you know what? I’m a blue convert! Even went out to hunt for a jumper to match her!

All the details here!

This is just gorgeous! :kiss2: Talk about fine art!
Do you mind me asking where you bought it from?

I don't mind at all. It's from IG seller Talesfromthejunkpile. There were two. Apparently conversions from cuff links.

Reactions: caf
Teaser photo of my new Briony Raymond bangle! I will get a SMTB up eventually! Fabulous piece, fabulous experience.

image.png

Wow, what a beautiful bracelet!

Teaser photo of my new Briony Raymond bangle! I will get a SMTB up eventually! Fabulous piece, fabulous experience.

image.png

Classic and beautiful!!

Omg squeeeeeeeee

Love love love. Do you love it? It looks fabulous on you!!!! Soooo smooth and such a statement piece!

I love it! It's super fun and just feels luxe and intentional.

I should have posted this other photo here in addition to my thread, here it is next to my Takahashi 'gem luster with light kizu' bracelet. I think it holds its own!

1724611762404.png

Gorgeous @Slickk and your nails look so pretty too.

@newtojewels thank you! Yes, this is a chunky one! A standalone. So comfy too.

@YadaYadaYada thank you so much for the compliment! I’m embracing YG for the first time since … well decades ago! :lol: As for the nails, appreciate it, I’ve been working on my natural nails.

@Slickk, it’s hard to believe that yellow gold ever went “out” because there’s just nothing like a bright white diamond against the richness of yellow gold. Yes, I saw your thread about what you use on your nails, they look amazing.

I love yellow gold and your new ring is gorgeous @Slickk . I was just chatting with Yvonne Raley this morning and she mentioned how 18k gold is now more expensive than platinum! I wonder if we will see a shift in trends again because of the high price of metals? I'm shaking in my boots now about the cost of the settings I need in the coming years.

I love yellow gold and your new ring is gorgeous @Slickk . I was just chatting with Yvonne Raley this morning and she mentioned how 18k gold is now more expensive than platinum! I wonder if we will see a shift in trends again because of the high price of metals? I'm shaking in my boots now about the cost of the settings I need in the coming years.

Thank you so much @Dreamer_D I’ve always loved your pieces. Looking forward to your five stone!!
That’s interesting news about the price of the gold being higher than platinum (have I read that you still need more platinum? Or it’s heavier so.. idk). I hope the YG stays around awhile as I am just getting back into it after a childhood filled with it. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results