shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Ering transformation help!

Hi @freedom2016 ! I know you had a K diamond before and hated the tint, but have you seen a lower color ACA in person (J or K?) Or maybe an I?

If it is a 2 ct you really want, I definitely wouldn't settle for something much smaller unless I planned to do another upgrade. And I wouldn't sink a lot into a setting until I knew I had the "final" center stone!

I have a 2ct K ACA that is now the center of a 3 stone with .70 K sides. It took me several years and upgrades to get there. I had a standard 6-prong setting that allowed me to just replace the head each time. It was my dream size center and I wore it as a solitaire until I could afford the sides I wanted. I love love LOVE my ring!

I'm not saying go down to a K, but maybe lower ACA colors are something to consider? I can't wait to see what you get!

Yeah if there are budget constraints and size is a priority then I would also suggest looking at a J and eye clean SI1. Your original diamond was not well cut and I can’t recall if it was GIA graded. But an ACA J color is very white.

The measurement of that cushion is longer than the round diamond you are considering, but narrower than the round. Whiteflash does not have ACA cushions that I am aware of. Brian Gavin diamonds sells hearts and arrow cushions but will not, of course, take your trade. Rounds are - especially super ideal cut ones - probably the best bet for sparkle. However, there are fans of all cuts so it really is personal preference.
You can always ask Becca to put that diamond in a video with the doing you are considering. There are differences between the two though that account for price difference. Let your eyes be the judge - good luck and keep us posted!

Will do this week. Thank you.!!

Thanks everyone! I’ll let myself lower the color
Yes terrified after my K but agree it wasn’t an ACA by any means !!!

More to come

Thanks everyone! I’ll let myself lower the color
Yes terrified after my K but agree it wasn’t an ACA by any means !!!

More to come

I'm absolutely a Pricescope "K-color" cheerleader! I really LOVE them for value and size, and I personally don't mind a little color if the diamond is super ideally cut. In fact, I kind of like it!

I would never tell anybody else to buy K's because I know that most people are more color-sensitive than I am, and I totally respect that. Still, I think seeing some lower colors might be of interest for you, and you might be able to get closer to the size you want!

My diamonds are alll K Ls.

No need to fear. Have the diamond sent to you to evaluate before you set it. If you don’t like the color, send it back. No problemo.

Hi @freedom2016 ! I know you had a K diamond before and hated the tint, but have you seen a lower color ACA in person (J or K?) Or maybe an I?

If it is a 2 ct you really want, I definitely wouldn't settle for something much smaller unless I planned to do another upgrade. And I wouldn't sink a lot into a setting until I knew I had the "final" center stone!

I have a 2ct K ACA that is now the center of a 3 stone with .70 K sides. It took me several years and upgrades to get there. I had a standard 6-prong setting that allowed me to just replace the head each time. It was my dream size center and I wore it as a solitaire until I could afford the sides I wanted. I love love LOVE my ring!

I'm not saying go down to a K, but maybe lower ACA colors are something to consider? I can't wait to see what you get!

How is the K ACA? My K was not well cut at all and I am clearly afraid of color.
That said I just found and I and J ACA that I can afford at just about 2cts

This will be my final upgrade so don’t want to make a mistake and I feel I’ll still long for more with 1.5

My diamonds are alll K Ls.

No need to fear. Have the diamond sent to you to evaluate before you set it. If you don’t like the color, send it back. No problemo.

Can u do that???? I think wf also has a 30 day return I believe so good points

How’s this?

I’d like to keep it 13-14k or close to that
I don’t know how to find an SI clean
Can u tell from the site if it is?
15k would take me time to figure out funds so maybe by xmas

Or this???

How is the K ACA? My K was not well cut at all and I am clearly afraid of color.
That said I just found and I and J ACA that I can afford at just about 2cts

This will be my final upgrade so don’t want to make a mistake and I feel I’ll still long for more with 1.5

My 2 ct K is a pretty "high K," I think. Closer to a J than an L. It has never shown a lot of color face up to me. The stones alongside it are similar in color...

I have some K color 1.4ctw ACA studs, though, that I would describe as "low K's." I never see them as they are on my ears. Lol! In the box, they show more color, but in my ears in the mirror, they just look sparkly!

I think there is definitely a range to K's. That is something to consider. And your Whiteflash consultant can help you establish what side of the range a stone is on. You can also ask them for comparisons next to J's and I's. Liza has been wonderful being my "eyes" there!

When I put my F colored asscher engagement ring (bought by my hubby pre-Pricescope) alongside my three stone, I can definitely see the color difference. So, I am not saying a K looks like an F. The question is, does it bother me? And that answer is "no."

I would ask for some photos and videos of the I's and J's you're considering next to an F and see what you think! (And throw a K in there for good measure! Haha!) I have found that the folks at Whiteflash are very honest in their assessments and very helpful!

I hope this helps a little and I really hope you get your dream diamond!

Both of those choices are good. Talk to your rep there about the situation.

I’d get the 2 ct J lol bigger and less money. But obviously you have to see it to be sure.

I'm absolutely a Pricescope "K-color" cheerleader! I really LOVE them for value and size, and I personally don't mind a little color if the diamond is super ideally cut. In fact, I kind of like it!

I would never tell anybody else to buy K's because I know that most people are more color-sensitive than I am, and I totally respect that. Still, I think seeing some lower colors might be of interest for you, and you might be able to get closer to the size you want!

Hi @Heathcat24

By any chance do you have a link back to your 2.09 K at WF? I was wondering how a high K shows up in video. I have a 1.66K ACA
and was hoping to upgrade to over 2 carats (while still staying in budget). Your K looks very white!

I agree with above. Your center in your photo does not look like a K!!!!!!! I can't believe it.
who did you work with at whiteflash, what did you ask for? I need to find similar in a J if i can. can you send us link or other details?

Hi @Heathcat24

By any chance do you have a link back to your 2.09 K at WF? I was wondering how a high K shows up in video. I have a 1.66K ACA
and was hoping to upgrade to over 2 carats (while still staying in budget). Your K looks very white!

Hi @tyty333 ! Here it is!

I still really love this diamond! I wish I could take better pics and videos but I am just the worst.

In contrast, this is one of my studs that I would call a "low K".

Please post details on your upgrade when you're able! The prices are so great right now!

I agree with above. Your center in your photo does not look like a K!!!!!!! I can't believe it.
who did you work with at whiteflash, what did you ask for? I need to find similar in a J if i can. can you send us link or other details?

Thanks so much! When I got this stone, I knew I was done upgrading. Lol! I really loved it and thought it was very white!

I worked with Liza at Whiteflash but I think your sales consultant there can really help you just the same! Some K's show more color than others, and I think you can see that in the Whiteflash photos and videos if you compare a few and have them spin at the same time.

With J's, I don't think there is as much of a range, but there are probably "high J's." Just tell your sales consultant that you are concerned about color and want the whitest I or J or K available. Ask them to take pictures alongside each other so you can see the differences in size and/or color.

One thing to consider is your setting plans. If it is going to be a solitaire, you're good to go with whatever color. But if you're planning a pave band or other stones around it, you'll want those to be similar in color.

Just take your time and HAVE FUN! Upgrades and diamonds don't happen every day. (I wish they did!) And I think your diamond should be your favorite diamond!

The original K you didn’t like— did it have a lab report?

I did my best to take some “comparison photos” for you outside in natural light. You can definitely see the color differences from the side, but face up, they look quite similar.

I just want you to have as much info as possible on the color. If it will bother you, it is not worth the trade off in size. If it won’t bother you, though, it is definitely worth it to look at lower colors. I really do love mine, but they are not for everybody!

I have a 1.06 J SI1 Brian Gavin ring that I bought from The Real Real. I am using it as half of a pair of studs, but thought it would be helpful here. The F is my “heart ring” - my .90 Asscher engagement ring that I always wear!

I hope these help a little!

IMG_0098.jpegIMG_0099.jpegIMG_0089.jpegIMG_0095.jpegIMG_0093.jpegIMG_0091.jpegIMG_0092.jpegIMG_0086.jpegIMG_0085.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 5
I did my best to take some “comparison photos” for you outside in natural light. You can definitely see the color differences from the side, but face up, they look quite similar.

I just want you to have as much info as possible on the color. If it will bother you, it is not worth the trade off in size. If it won’t bother you, though, it is definitely worth it to look at lower colors. I really do love mine, but they are not for everybody!

I have a 1.06 J SI1 Brian Gavin ring that I bought from The Real Real. I am using it as half of a pair of studs, but thought it would be helpful here. The F is my “heart ring” - my .90 Asscher engagement ring that I always wear!

I hope these help a little!

IMG_0098.jpegIMG_0099.jpegIMG_0089.jpegIMG_0095.jpegIMG_0093.jpegIMG_0091.jpegIMG_0092.jpegIMG_0086.jpegIMG_0085.jpeg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much. This is so very helpful. Its also interesting to me as I can't tell it from on top but from the side i can see it a little. Can you see any difference with the J and the K. its weird as even in some pics

Someone else asked if my previous K was certified. yes, it was GIA certified but it wasnt cut great and it was in between two G's so it looked less than in my mind.
here is the cert.

I now have an F VS2 ACA.

I will get the Elena setting for the new stone so at least i wont have two white G's next to it. lol.

I spoke to WF this morning and am waiting to hear back on some options.

I really appreciate you all helping me and brainstorming.

1727114053808.png

Weird you previous K was not terrible, still an WX cut. But the color grading was reliable. Remember that the lighting in the comparisons @Heathcat24 posted - which are super helpful and generous! - shows tint at its minimal. Inside in a warm room with beige or cream paint and warm lighting will emphasize the tint much more.

A setting with pave will also emohasize tint in my opinion. Small diamonds always look like little white circles. Whatever their body color they look very white (it’s just how the light play works in small diamonds). So if you want to minimize the appearance of tint I would not set it with pave.

Weird you previous K was not terrible, still an WX cut. But the color grading was reliable. Remember that the lighting in the comparisons @Heathcat24 posted - which are super helpful and generous! - shows tint at its minimal. Inside in a warm room with beige or cream paint and warm lighting will emphasize the tint much more.

A setting with pave will also emohasize tint in my opinion. Small diamonds always look like little white circles. Whatever their body color they look very white (it’s just how the light play works in small diamonds). So if you want to minimize the appearance of tint I would not set it with pave.

Interesting and thank you for this as well. I hadn't thought about that. I really appreciate it as i dont want to make a mistake.

So if I go with pave, then maybe I still with what H at most and small center that i can afford?

And if I go with a J like MissGotRocks posted, what setting would be best for that??
Just a solitaire? or what else would you recommend? I dont want another 3 stone.

Interesting and thank you for this as well. I hadn't thought about that. I really appreciate it as i dont want to make a mistake.

So if I go with pave, then maybe I still with what H at most and small center that i can afford?

And if I go with a J like MissGotRocks posted, what setting would be best for that??
Just a solitaire? or what else would you recommend? I dont want another 3 stone.

You've gotten such great advice from @Dreamer_D ! I think with the pave ring, you run the risk of being disappointed again with the color difference. Melee looks white and super ideal melee looks super white. I have a really small H Brian Gavin stone in a halo pendant, and I can see the difference in the whiter halo stones. It doesn't bother me, but I do see it.

Do you have any local jewelers where you can try on rings? I went and tried on different sizes of solitaires to find out where I eventually wanted to be before I upgraded. I was wowed by a 1.5 ct, but I was FLOORED by the 2 ct. I decided that's where I wanted to be, even if I had to sacrifice color to get there.

And, in answer to one of your questions, I cannot tell the difference honestly between Ks I have and J's I have. Neither can my husband, who is way more eagle-eyed and color sensitive. I could have probably gone with J side stones, but, like you, just wanted to be sure!

I know you will end up with a diamond and ring you absolutely love!

Last edited:
You've gotten such great advice from @Dreamer_D ! I think with the pave ring, you run the risk of being disappointed again with the color difference. Melee looks white and super ideal melee looks super white. I have a really small H Brian Gavin stone in a halo pendant, and I can see the difference in the whiter halo stones. It doesn't bother me, but I do see it.

Do you have any local jewelers where you can try on rings? I went and tried on different sizes of solitaires to find out where I eventually wanted to be before I upgraded. I was wowed by a 1.5 ct, but I was FLOORED by the 2 ct. I decided that's where I wanted to be, even if I had to sacrifice color to get there.

And, in answer to one of your question, I cannot tell the difference honestly between Ks I have and J's I have. Neither can my husband, who is way more eagle-eyed and color sensitive. I could have probably gone with J side stones, but, like you, just wanted to be sure!

I know you will end up with a diamond and ring you absolutely love!

Hi there thank you.! The issue with local jeweler is they only have size 6 usually so I can’t see it on my hand fully.
You know what I mean? I need to get it past my knuckle- hahaha
Every place I go only has size 6’s

I’ve asked WF to narrow it down to a few stones for me

I’ve mentioned the worry of the difference in color with J or K and pave stones.

Then I guess I’ll need to decide do I get a G or H smaller or a J or K and larger but set in what?

Maybe if I do get the 2ct then my only option is a solitaire ? Is that right?

Thank you!!

Hi there thank you.! The issue with local jeweler is they only have size 6 usually so I can’t see it on my hand fully.
You know what I mean? I need to get it past my knuckle- hahaha
Every place I go only has size 6’s

I’ve asked WF to narrow it down to a few stones for me

I’ve mentioned the worry of the difference in color with J or K and pave stones.

Then I guess I’ll need to decide do I get a G or H smaller or a J or K and larger but set in what?

Maybe if I do get the 2ct then my only option is a solitaire ? Is that right?

Thank you!!

The different colored pave really might not bother you! Noticing something and being bothered by something are two different things. But, just knowing your history with that three stone, I wanted to mention it

Here is the thread on my 2 ct K as a solitaire! She was JUST AMAZING that way, and I do think that setting showcased the diamond a little better. But she was (and is) a right hand ring, so I wanted something totally different than my ER - something "anniversary band-y." Lol

For me, an ACA really can stand on its own. They're all such beautiful diamonds. I love every color and size. And a solitaire is such a classic look.

But if that pave setting is your dream setting, then you should find a way to work with it! Maybe they can put a J or K in one and take a pic or video for you?

Whatever you choose will be beautiful!

The different colored pave really might not bother you! Noticing something and being bothered by something are two different things. But, just knowing your history with that three stone, I wanted to mention it

Here is the thread on my 2 ct K as a solitaire! She was JUST AMAZING that way, and I do think that setting showcased the diamond a little better. But she was (and is) a right hand ring, so I wanted something totally different than my ER - something "anniversary band-y." Lol

For me, an ACA really can stand on its own. They're all such beautiful diamonds. I love every color and size. And a solitaire is such a classic look.

But if that pave setting is your dream setting, then you should find a way to work with it! Maybe they can put a J or K in one and take a pic or video for you?

Whatever you choose will be beautiful!

Yes!!!! That’s what I was going to ask them to do. Just place it (or a few) in there and send me pics

I Will add - for what it’s worth

My K is now in a bezel pendent form WF and I adore it!!! Lol
Doesn’t look so dark on its own.

Looks very light- so that’s interesting!

Thanks so much guys!!!

:-)

I don't mind tinted larger stones with bead set pave -- where the stones are much smaller and set into the metal and usually smaller than 1mm. The overall look is more subtle. Maybe that will scratch both itches for you?

I don't mind tinted larger stones with bead set pave -- where the stones are much smaller and set into the metal and usually smaller than 1mm. The overall look is more subtle. Maybe that will scratch both itches for you?

Hmmmm not sure if the setting I picked is like that ? I can check

@freedom2016 , if you haven't seen it, here is a lower color diamond thread. Some of the rings are just gorgeous with their pave bands and halos!

It is, of course, no guarantee that the contrast wouldn't bother you in real life, but it might give you some idea of how it might look in photos.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP