shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Ering transformation help!

I can see the tint in the J, especially in the second photo, but I wouldn't pay more for the 1.8 I than a 2.1 J, especially when I think you said you were floored by 2 carats and it seems like you're going to want to end up there. I can't remember, did they say if they consider it a "high" J? I feel like you should either get the final size you want in the J or wait for an H in the final size while you're still on this upgrade policy. Going up another 50% in price from here might be more than you want to spend long-term.

she said- All were eye clean and from the top view I wasn’t seeing any tint personally. From the side it’s more obvious, but of course, that is how color is graded. All looked nice and white to me.

And, the H is now sold to someone else. lol

There are also G's and F's 15k 16K @ 1.52 or so.

There is another H but i believe it has an inclusion - waiting to hear.

Not sure on the J. If they make the setting, i doubt i can return it. I will see what she says. I did ask her about the return policy. I thought it was 30 days.

if it is, maybe i get the J and see, and worst case, I ship it back and get a G or F at 1.5?

WOW!!! What a line of beautiful stones! I'm so excited for you!

I LOVE the J! That's no surprise! Lol. I think you need to see it in person before you make a final decision - even if you have to get it sent to you loose. It's a big stunner of a stone and you could save a good bit of money if you love it.

And it is not too big! You will be surprised how fast you get used to it!

I believe you'll know if it's the diamond for you when you see it. And it's ok to send it back and say, "Nope." But I have zero regrets with my K! Good luck with whatever you decide!

WOW!!! What a line of beautiful stones! I'm so excited for you!

I LOVE the J! That's no surprise! Lol. I think you need to see it in person before you make a final decision - even if you have to get it sent to you loose. It's a big stunner of a stone and you could save a good bit of money if you love it.

And it is not too big! You will be surprised how fast you get used to it!

I believe you'll know if it's the diamond for you when you see it. And it's ok to send it back and say, "Nope." But I have zero regrets with my K! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Honestly the way I’m reading their return policy it says 30 days for all aca and their settings
So if I can get the J and return it if it looks warm and then get a g or f then I will.

The policy reads as if I can as I’m just getting their stock items.

waiting to hear.

They sent me a j si1 picture in the setting and I couldn’t tell tint in that either 1.095ct J Si1 ACA in Elena.jpeg

Honestly the way I’m reading their return policy it says 30 days for all aca and their settings
So if I can get the J and return it if it looks warm and then get a g or f then I will.

The policy reads as if I can as I’m just getting their stock items.

waiting to hear.

They sent me a j si1 picture in the setting and I couldn’t tell tint in that either 1.095ct J Si1 ACA in Elena.jpeg

I looked through the Whiteflash photo gallery for that setting and also found this pic It is a 1.6-something J.

I can see that there is some warmth. I do think it will be more evident next to the small white melee stones. I just don't think you can know if it will bother you in real life until you see it.

Fingers crossed that the return policy provides the assurance you need. There are always stones coming in and out with upgrades and restocking, so take your time and enjoy the process!

Elena-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_46978_28112_g-60898.jpg

Fingers crossed on the return policy! I'm hoping that the J is your stone because I think that the size bump will be wonderful! And like others have said, why spend money on things you can't see? You'll definitely see the cut quality and the size! :kiss2:

I looked through the Whiteflash photo gallery for that setting and also found this pic It is a 1.6-something J.

I can see that there is some warmth. I do think it will be more evident next to the small white melee stones. I just don't think you can know if it will bother you in real life until you see it.

Fingers crossed that the return policy provides the assurance you need. There are always stones coming in and out with upgrades and restocking, so take your time and enjoy the process!

Elena-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_46978_28112_g-60898.jpg

I see it. Gosh I’ve got to see it - in person- in the ring. Lol
I see it here a tiny bit but it doesn’t phase me- not anything close to my k you know what I mean ?

The policy reads 100% no questions asked on their stock items.

Fingers crossed !!!!!

I see it. Gosh I’ve got to see it - in person- in the ring. Lol
I see it here a tiny bit but it doesn’t phase me- not anything close to my k you know what I mean ?

The policy reads 100% no questions asked on their stock items.

Fingers crossed !!!!!

Just be sure to ask if they actually set the diamond in the setting if both can be returned if you don't like the diamond. If you got the 2 carat and decided to go down to a 1.5, not sure what expense would be involved in changing the head for you? Just ask to be sure.
I certainly understand that a 2 carat J looks tons better than your current non-ideal cut K. I hope when you have all of the information on all of the stones you are considering, that one comes out the clear winner. New diamonds don't seem to come in as readily as they once did, but they do come in. Just don't feel like it is now or never - we all want you to be gloriously happy!

Just be sure to ask if they actually set the diamond in the setting if both can be returned if you don't like the diamond. If you got the 2 carat and decided to go down to a 1.5, not sure what expense would be involved in changing the head for you? Just ask to be sure.
I certainly understand that a 2 carat J looks tons better than your current non-ideal cut K. I hope when you have all of the information on all of the stones you are considering, that one comes out the clear winner. New diamonds don't seem to come in as readily as they once did, but they do come in. Just don't feel like it is now or never - we all want you to be gloriously happy!

Yes I agree. I literally go back and forth in my head. I will ask her.

I asked my husband which stone and told him all the things we are discussing-

He wasn’t very helpful as most of this language is new to him. Ha!
He said they all look gorgeous and one looks bigger then the rest

He then said something that hit me- he said “ normally I’d say just get the biggest but you see things in diamonds that I don’t see”. This made me pause cause he’s 100% right.
At this second I think maybe I consider one of the h’s or I wait for a few months until I can afford a G or H that’s bigger.
I dunno.

Yes, I 10000% want a 2 ct or 1.75 or higher
But am I ok with a little warmth to get there? I think the answer is - I’m not.
After my K - it bothered me that I could see the tint. I go back and look at the pics of the Elena with the J and I can see the tint. Maybe it’s placebo effect but it would bug me.

So I think I’d rather a smaller no tint at all stone vs a larger one with tint.

Ughh

So maybe I stay H and above. And wait for one to fit the bill or maybe I’ll get an Xmas bonus that will give me another 2k to add to my budget.

The H she sent me is sold now so there is only one left and I think it’s not eye clean.
Or maybe a 1.5 will be nice. The Elena setting is so lovely and I’ll be thrilled with that change Alone

I’ll speak to Becca tomorrow
Ask my 100 questions and go from there.

I wish they had an H at maybe 1.7 or higher that was 16k max but I don’t see one

Anyway. I’ll end up with the right stone

Whether it’s next week or next month. It will come to me, somehow

Thanks so much for being so helpful to me

Ill see if I feel same in the am:lol-2:

Just saw this one - maybe a potential

Thoughts ?

I saw that one too but I'm not convinced an I would feel white enough to you if you're thinking about tint in the J plus it isn't as big as you want. I would still probably do the 2.13 J over that one. The J just seems like such a good bang-for-the-buck stone. Obviously we all need to make compromises since we don't have infinite budgets, though, and you may prefer for size to be your compromise for now!

For whatever it's worth, even though all of the stones obviously look super beautiful in the line up, my first thought was that the jump from the F to the H that is now sold might not be enough boost in size to really feel like an upgrade.

Edit: look at this! Maybe they can throw it into the mix? Obviously out of the original budget but at least it gets you well over the 2 carat and they say it's eye-clean: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...-si1-clarity-round-excellent-cut-sku-a4705023

O
I saw that one too but I'm not convinced an I would feel white enough to you if you're thinking about tint in the J plus it isn't as big as you want. I would still probably do the 2.13 J over that one. The J just seems like such a good bang-for-the-buck stone. Obviously we all need to make compromises since we don't have infinite budgets, though, and you may prefer for size to be your compromise for now!

For whatever it's worth, even though all of the stones obviously look super beautiful in the line up, my first thought was that the jump from the F to the H that is now sold might not be enough boost in size to really feel like an upgrade.

Edit: look at this! Maybe they can throw it into the mix? Obviously out of the original budget but at least it gets you well over the 2 carat and they say it's eye-clean: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...-si1-clarity-round-excellent-cut-sku-a4705023

Thank you!! Oh Man!!!! It’s so beyond budget - ughhh :-(

That’s why i thought the other I maybe can hit the sweet spot. lol

I can tell you my first priority is to NOT have a 3 stone anymore. My current ring is identical to the one my ex husband got me (a lifetime ago) so I want to have a new setting as #1. It’s weird having same ring twice and not loving it to begin with -
Hubby is fully supporting this change and he picked Elena and it matches my band so that’s perfect !

Second priority was to get away from my warm K which got me to my F aca but at that time he wasn’t on board w new setting. Time has helped him “get it”

Now I get to finally get the setting I’ve always wanted and mine as well try and get as large as I can for a new stone.

I feel like for 30 years I’ve said I would love a 2ct diamond one day so that’s what I said I’d hope for but as I dig down this rabbit whole, I’m finding that getting the new setting and a size increase is priority for me and I’m struggling with the cost piece of it. We have lots of kids that are young and I think 16k is the max I can stomach.
Unless we unexpectedly come into a lump sum of money - lol

As you can see I’m torn. I’ll ask about the smaller I and see.

I can always wait for a unicorn to come along. We will see.

I dunno if 1.5 would be enough
I did Diamb and it’s 25% increase to current stone - I’d love 35% or more and staying white

O

Thank you!! Oh Man!!!! It’s so beyond budget - ughhh :-(

That’s why i thought the other I maybe can hit the sweet spot. lol

I can tell you my first priority is to NOT have a 3 stone anymore. My current ring is identical to the one my ex husband got me (a lifetime ago) so I want to have a new setting as #1. It’s weird having same ring twice and not loving it to begin with -
Hubby is fully supporting this change and he picked Elena and it matches my band so that’s perfect !

Second priority was to get away from my warm K which got me to my F aca but at that time he wasn’t on board w new setting. Time has helped him “get it”

Now I get to finally get the setting I’ve always wanted and mine as well try and get as large as I can for a new stone.

I feel like for 30 years I’ve said I would love a 2ct diamond one day so that’s what I said I’d hope for but as I dig down this rabbit whole, I’m finding that getting the new setting and a size increase is priority for me and I’m struggling with the cost piece of it. We have lots of kids that are young and I think 16k is the max I can stomach.
Unless we unexpectedly come into a lump sum of money - lol

As you can see I’m torn. I’ll ask about the smaller I and see.

I can always wait for a unicorn to come along. We will see.

I dunno if 1.5 would be enough
I did Diamb and it’s 25% increase to current stone - I’d love 35% or more and staying white

Then I'll hope that the 1.79 I ticks all of the boxes! But it sounds like you need to be done with the three stone ring at least. Good riddance! I think the Elena is lovely, but another setting to consider is the Legato Sleekline, with or without pave:

in platinum without pave, that saves $1000 over the Elena, in case you want to compromise there instead of on the stone. I'm really more of a complete ring than a stone + cheapest setting person, but the Legato Sleekline is a nice mix of affordable and still beautifully designed. Obviously if you're set on Elena, you're set on Elena!

Then I'll hope that the 1.79 I ticks all of the boxes! But it sounds like you need to be done with the three stone ring at least. Good riddance! I think the Elena is lovely, but another setting to consider is the Legato Sleekline, with or without pave:

in platinum without pave, that saves $1000 over the Elena, in case you want to compromise there instead of on the stone. I'm really more of a complete ring than a stone + cheapest setting person, but the Legato Sleekline is a nice mix of affordable and still beautifully designed. Obviously if you're set on Elena, you're set on Elena!

I like that. I was looking at the tulip one as I love a 6 prong also.
That said, hubby loves the Elena - as do I and I want him to play a part in this ring so I’m inclined to stick with Elena.
He’ll agree to whatever but it makes me feel less guilty about losing the 3 stone that he picks the new setting :)

I’ll inquire about 6 prongs just to see

Just noticed this one with pave! I’ll show him tomorrow !

Get the huge j either loose or in a setting you can return. I feel pretty sure you will love it. It will not look anything like your poorly cut K. But there is no other way to know for sure. And if you get a smaller H you will always wonder “what if?

I just don't think the move from 1 to 1.5 is going to have the impact visually that you want. You are also losing the "sparkle" and finger coverage from the two side stones, and I don't know that the melee is really going to make up for that. I still think it wouldn't hurt to go to a local jeweler and see the sizes in person and make sure you are happy with the size jump.

I am just so sorry that your K seems to have turned you completely off to lower colors! There are some REALLY amazing and beautiful stones out there. My favorite diamond that I own isn't even my K ACA - it's an O color August Vintage Cushion solitaire pendant! It is AMAZING and throws off the most stunning flashes!

I'm afraid all the talk about warmth and color has scared you. My K's really do face up white. Also, I think in this advent of huge super-white lab diamonds, the distinguishing factor is going to be color. And more people will be seeking out stones that look "natural" if they are paying for a natural diamond.

Like @Dreamer_D I hope you will consider seeing the J in person before ruling it out if the return policy allows! It's a gorgeous stone! Good luck!

Last edited:
I just don't think the move from 1 to 1.5 is going to have the impact visually that you want. You are also losing the "sparkle" and finger coverage from the two side stones, and I don't know that the melee is really going to make up for that. I still think it wouldn't hurt to go to a local jeweler and see the sizes in person and make sure you are happy with the size jump.

I am just so sorry that your K seems to have turned you completely off to lower colors! There are some REALLY amazing and beautiful stones out there. My favorite diamond that I own isn't even my K ACA - it's an O color August Vintage Cushion solitaire pendant! It is AMAZING and throws off the most stunning flashes!

I'm afraid all the talk about warmth and color has scared you. My K's really do face up white. Also, I think in this advent of huge super-white lab diamonds, the distinguishing factor is going to be color. And more people will be seeking out stones that look "natural" if they are paying for a natural diamond.

Like @Dreamer_D I hope you will consider seeing the J in person before ruling it out if the return policy allows! It's a gorgeous stone! Good luck!

Is yours a K in the center of your 3 stone? Can you tell me the details or each stone ?
I am doing a chat now with WF to ask about return.

Is yours a K in the center of your 3 stone? Can you tell me the details or each stone ?

ignore me i just found your thread on your ring!

Yes. The center of my 3 stone is a 2.091 K ACA. The side stones are also K ACA's .70 each.

I actually think I see more warmth in the side stones because they are angled. The center faces up really white and did as a solitaire, as well. It is a feisty fun ring and I love it!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP