shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Sabine I have that once but not a lot of blood, but like some others it turned out it wasn''t from my hoo ha, it was from my tushy! LOL! The tissues there are very sensisitve and more so in pregnancy. Anyways, talk to you doctor, I''m sure its fine. And eat more fibre!

Mrs. I recommend "Ina May''s Guide to childbirth" as another great book. The first half is all women talking about their natural birth experiences in their own words, and it isn''t all sunshine and roses but after reading it, you feel like, Wow, if they can all do that so can I!" I felt the same as you about Brithing from Within, but this other book is much more down to earth.

Sabine- I also think it was due to constipation and straining...I wouldn''t be too worried but I would certainly check it out to be sure ;)
A note about my constipation- everytime I can''t have a bm...in morning I drink a whole bottle of water pretty quickly on an empty stomach and wait ...sure enough water does the trick..but it always green at that point?!? (Lol sorry about that..I think its from vitamins??) its a pain though when that happens on the u/s days..bc u have to have a full bladder..and I always have to go ...but I''ve learned to keep the pee in as I go..sorry TMI lol..but maybe this will help...so empty stomach and full bottle of water ;)

Fiery- its 10am and now I want ice cream cake! LOL

China- glad ur feeling better ;) good stuff about the u/s..I love when people help u like that.

Blen- hang in there...massage sounds grreat!

Hey Mrs! I''m planning on trying for a natural birth, with no classes. Although, a friend of mine is really urging me to consider these Hypnobirthing classes. I''m on the fence about taking classes. I''m a bit more of a self-taught gal. Unsure about that...
I''m "open" to an epi however, if my labour is extremely long, arduous, or non-textbook. If all is progressing well, I''m going to try natural. We''ll see!

Speaking of aches and pains. I''ve woked up the past two mornings with a charlie horse in my calf. Now my leg is soooo sore. Has anyone else had Charlie horses? What can I do to alleviate this? I''m taking calcium and drinking tons of water, so thats covered. Could this be tied to changing my prental vit?

Also, I believe Lindsay was talking about GLIDERS for petite people. I too am only 5''1" and want to start looking for a small scale glaider (second hand). Has anyone (Lindsay) come across brands that make Petite Gliders? I cannot recall...

Sabine - hope the bleeding turns out to be nothing (but a PITA lol hahaha). Keep us posted!

Anyhoo. That''s all for me!

Mela 21w5d

Sabine, just chiming in to agree that perhaps the bleeding was from your tushy, and maybe you developed a hemorrhoid? From what I''ve read those are pretty common in pregnancy Hemorrhoids are rich in blood vessels and it''s common for them to become irritated and bleed after a bm - and the blood is usually quite red. I''ve had one before and it was somewhat alarming. But I don''t think it causes any real serious problems (from what I know anyway).

Fiery, happy bday!

Sabine, I agree with everyone else, that it''s most likely a hemorrhoid (I read they can actually be painless) or something else in that area since it seems to happen when having a bm.

Thanks for the advice about classes, ladies. I think I''ve convinced DH to go to one of the faraway teachers. I spoke to her, she sounds awesome and no one else is signed up for her next round of classes that start feb 9th, so she said if it''s just us, she could switch the class to another day like Sunday afternoons.

Lysser, have you thought about classes at all? If you feel like doing a hospital tour a bit early, we should schedule for the same day since we''re using the same hospital! I think mine''s set for April 4th.

I finally got round to looking up courses here in London, having been coerced into believing that it might be 'fun' to meet a load of other pregnant women I can then have coffee with and compete on whose baby smiles/speaks/walks/gets into college first.

The course recommended to me was £560 for two days. Yes, that is correct £560 GBP
23.gif

DH has now agreed that I can continue to be deeply antisocial and I don't have to go to coffee with people just because they happened to get KTFU at the same time.

Hooray!

Anyone know a good DVD that tells you how to put nappies on teddy bears or something?

My OB friend (who rang me all excited to tell me about the forceps delivery she just did - baby born at 3.35, stitches finished at 4.15... yes I got ALL the details as I'm one of her few non-squeamish friends (although I may start to draw a line)) has said she'll talk me through labour one on one. She's even offered to come to the birth if she's off-duty and I get worried at the point of no return and is very supportive of my intentions to have a pain-free birth!
9.gif

Well just got back from the m/w and my blood pressure was back in the normal range
36.gif
Still, my m/w said I should take this cold and the elevated pressure as a sign that I need to take it easy and slow down. I wish I didn''t have this interview tomorrow, and if these came along like the bus I''d skip it, but after 3 years waiting I really have to suck it up and go. But after that I''m going to "shut ''er down" LOL!

My m/w also moved me to weekly visits a little early just so that they can keep an eye on things. I find this whole thing funny/disturbing/unusual. I am the type who never goes to the doctor and just trucks along so it is very odd to be in this "state" where you monitor every little physical thing! But its for the best and I like meeting with the m/w.

On another note, she has a student working with her and I okayed the student being present for my care and for the birth. Its kid of neat, although the student m/w is so young! She must be 23. There is so much to learn and she is just starting it''s really cute. She had trouble palpating the baby and couldn''t figure out what was what... she said its so different than in a textbook. I bet! Anyways, baby is head down, has been for weeks and weeks, so that is good news.

Mela when you get a cramp like than in the calf, I know what you need to do is flex you foot up towards your body (so your foot is perpendicular to the floor like when you are standing)... I get these every once in a while and flexing my foot like that always gets rid of it right away!

33w 3d

Holy moly, Pandora! That''s an expensive class! I''d take your friend up on that offer if I were you.

Date: 1/14/2009 1:16:13 PM
Author: Pandora II

DH has now agreed that I can continue to be deeply antisocial and I don''t have to go to coffee with people just because they happened to get KTFU at the same time.
LOL!!! I generally feel the same way Pandora. If all we have in common is a baby, then I''m not sure how much fun it is to hang out with other moms. I have 2-3 friends with babies and one due at the same time as me, I think I may make do with that level of social support!

MOH Dress:

P1010097.JPG

DD - glad to hear your BP is back in the normal range. Good luck at the ''view! I''ll be thinking of you (down the street) and sending you lots of good vibes!
Is it normal to visit the m/w every week? Will I have to do that too? I should ask. Thanks for the stretching advice. I''ll stretch before bed too, just in case! lol. Um, what does ''palpating the baby'' mean?

Pandora - Whoa. Those classes are too rich for my blood!
6.gif
Skip skip skip
3.gif

NYC, you look beautiful! I love that dress!

Date: 1/14/2009 1:57:51 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
MOH Dress:

YEY!!!!!!!!! Beautiful :) Now we get to see what our twin momma looks like in real life. Thanks NYC for posting!
The fabric on the arms looks cool! Was it comfy? Hawt Momma
37.gif
Looking Foine!

With DH:

P1010096.JPG

With the bride (bride''s wedding thread will be in BWW shortly
3.gif
)

P1010080.JPG

nycbk: You look fabulous!!!!!!!!

Awe, NYC, you look so beautiful! Yay!

Fiery, sorry I didn''t get a chance to say Happy Birthday yesterday! Those flowers were gorgeous, and I hope you had a great day!

Dreamer, so glad the bp has gone back to normal and that you have a plan to relax after this interview! Good luck!

China, so glad you got to see your baby again!

Mela, that stinks about the charlie horse!

Robbie and Pandora, sorry things are so expensive! Pandora, I wouldn''t want to meet other preggos either, although I might be interested in joining a play group some day. Do you have a lot of friends that your little one will be able to play with when he gets older?

As for me, thanks for all the suggestions, but the blood is definitely coming from the vagina and not from behind. I have a feeling I have a sensitive cervix or something. The blood was a fairly decent amount (almost looked like I had gotten my period), but it definitely only occured then, and since then I''ve only had minimal brown spotting. I''m nervous because I never actually "went" this morning, so I will need to do that at some point, but I think I will be taking some softener when I get home.

Date: 1/14/2009 1:58:31 PM
Author: mela lu
DD - glad to hear your BP is back in the normal range. Good luck at the ''view! I''ll be thinking of you (down the street) and sending you lots of good vibes!
Is it normal to visit the m/w every week? Will I have to do that too? I should ask. Thanks for the stretching advice. I''ll stretch before bed too, just in case! lol. Um, what does ''palpating the baby'' mean?
Generally you start going once every two weeks somewhere around 28-30 weeks then every week starting at 36 weeks... so she is starting me on that regime a couple weeks early. And "palpating the baby" is when they poke around your abdomen to feel the position that the baby is in!
3.gif
Very odd. DH felt the bay''s head (like a little baseball) and bum (like a bugger harder bit). They started doing that around 30 weeks I think? Earlier than that baby is too little and its harder to feel.

me trying to upload pics on my own

nycbkgirlside.JPG

Date: 1/14/2009 2:37:03 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 1/14/2009 1:58:31 PM

Author: mela lu

Generally you start going once every two weeks somewhere around 28-30 weeks then every week starting at 36 weeks... so she is starting me on that regime a couple weeks early. And ''palpating the baby'' is when they poke around your abdomen to feel the position that the baby is in!
3.gif
Very odd. DH felt the bay''s head (like a little baseball) and bum (like a bugger harder bit). They started doing that around 30 weeks I think? Earlier than that baby is too little and its harder to feel.

Ah. Good info. Thanks for the explanation. I''m looking forward to being palpatated! lol

NYC - you''re looking SO CUTE!!!
25.gif

Thanks everyone..my bff helped me finally post pics and hopefully I know how to do it now lol.
Mela- thanx. My dress was very comfy and I loved it sooo much. Ur comment made bff laugh :)) wedding was beautiful but said my bff has to go back to cali, I miss her terribly.

DD- soo happy everything is fine !

Sabine- keep us posted. Please call nurse..when is next appt again?

Wow, nyc, gorgeous pictures - I love the one with you and your husband. It reminded me a bit of the very famous dutch painting with the pregnant lady and her husband, don''t know why as her dress was green, but anyway that was what came to mind!

DD and Sabine, I''m glad some people get why I''m not overly into this whole bonding over being pg thing. Not my cup of tea, but there is much tut tuting from people I know here that I don''t want to. I have a couple of friends with kids, but to be honest meeting up every few months or so is about what I can cope with.

Sabine- Doesn''t sound too alarming, but I know that you will worry anyways!
1.gif
We just can''t help it. It''s so funny how when it''s someone else it''s easy to say "don''t worry" but when it''s yourself it''s impossible. Still, try not to stress and I am really glad you have an appointment to ease your mind. How far along are you again? I know we are close but can''t remember how far ahead of me you are. I am 10w4d today. Have you decided if you are doing the 12 week test?

Mela- I get those sometimes. DD is right, try to flex and stretch it out- it will hurt, but then it will go away. I heard that means you need potassium so maybe eat more bananas? Could be an old wives tale though.

Pandora- You make me laugh. I would totally have coffee with you and NOT only talk about kids. It''s nice to have friends to chat with about it, but I am so afraid of baby talk monopolizing the conversation. I am a person with my own identity and thoughts and interests and I really hope to maintain that. It was kinda like when I was getting married, ALL anyone would talk to me about was our wedding plans. I was like, hello, I do have other things to talk about!!! I am sure we will all meet people through our kids, which will be great, but being knocked up alone is not really enough for a friendship IMO. I have already gotten a lecture from someone about getting a flu shot. Umm, my doctor recommended it and I kinda think they know more than what you read on the internet, thanks.

NYC- Girl, you look AMAZING!
30.gif
Seriously wowza. You wear that dress and your twinks so well. Can''t really see hubby, but methinks you make a grand couple. Thanks so much for posting pics! And yes, that dress looks great on you.

Ok so is anyone else on Babycenter? I get updates from them, which I think are cool and helpful, but I never really navigate through their site. Last night I ended up meandering around and saw an "August 2009" birth group, which I thought was cool so I checked it out. WOW. In fairness, I only read one post/responses so I am really hoping that what I read was an aberration but those women were mean and judgmental and harsh. I don''t really frequent other boards so I guess I''m spoiled by the civility of PS. I mean, I was seriously appalled. One person''s response to another poster was literally " F*** O**" and that was it. I am bummed, b/c it would be nice to have joined but other than wanting to sign up just to stick up for the poor girl they were ganging up on, I had no interest. Anyone else have input? Good or bad. Just curious. It''s not like I really have time for another group of preggos anyways! You guys keep me busy and interested!
3.gif

China-Don''t go on the bump LOL. They are really nasty over there. I read for entertainment purposes but other than that...the attitude is too much. It''s like mean girls.

I haven''t checked out babycenter but I won''t now that you said that.

Fiery- Now I'm scared of all other forums! I remember hearing bad things about the Knot boards when I was planning my wedding but never ventured over there. And I have to say, I only read one thread on babycenter, and there were some seemingly lovely level-headed people that did respond, so who knows. It may just be the August group. I am sure there is a thread or two on PS that might have given PS a bad name if you only read the one. So take my experience with a grain of salt.

But basically a girl posted something like "this pregnancy stuff sucks" and people went off. She was a new poster and didn't include anything in the body of the post so at first a few people were suspicious, which makes sense. But the poster came back and said she thought she had included text in the body and what she meant was that she was really having a hard time with being so sick all the time and she didn't mean to offend anyone. Which I thought was the right response. Then people kept bagging on her- one girl suggested she give the baby up for adoption! What? It seemed like there were also a few ladies who had recently suffered m/c but who were still posting on the August birth group who were really offended and thought the post was insensitive and that they would take throwing up everyday over their m/c anyday and that the OP was being ungrateful. I know we are all aware/worried about the m/c thing and I know from close friends and reading on here how devastating that experience is. But that girl just wanted support for feeling so terrible all the time. And in her defense, she thought she was posting on a pregnancy thread, where in theory you should feel safe to discuss the good and BAD of pregnancy. And when one girl stood up for her, someone else told her to f off. No way would you get away with that on PS.

Ok sorry, didn't realize I needed to vent! And now I am worried that I went into too much detail. If you guys think it's not appropriate, let me know and I'll remove it. I am still just shocked thinking about it today.

So lesson of the day: PS ladies rule and I am so glad I am here!
36.gif

ETA: And Fiery, there is some cool stuff on babycenter. If you sign up they send you a weekly email about what the baby is doing/growing that week which I find fascinating. It's just the group part that was weird.

Nycbk - you look amazing! Cute belly! Thanks for posting.

Sabine - hope everything''s ok.

Pandora - yikes those are pricy. I''d definitely skip them too! I''ve been wanting to find other moms locally, but at the same time none of my friends have young children. I can definitely understand not searching out mom groups, especially with that price tag.

DD - that''s great about your BP!

My middie palpated the baby yesterday, but I''m also seeing her on a 24-28-32 week schedule right now. I''m not sure if it would have been possible 2 weeks ago. I had a great deal of fun in a meeting today pressing down on baby''s butt and then feeling it start flailing its limbs all around. Bad mommy. I start seeing the m/w every 2 weeks at 32 weeks, then every week at 36.

Pricescope vs other boards... I''ve seen some pretty hot button issues here that would erupt on other boards, and everyone''s at least managed to be civil to each other. It''s just much better moderated here, I think.

And speaking of hemis... they''re back again today for me. Grrrr.

Date: 1/14/2009 7:41:08 PM
Author: Blenheim
My middie palpated the baby yesterday, but I''m also seeing her on a 24-28-32 week schedule right now. I''m not sure if it would have been possible 2 weeks ago. I had a great deal of fun in a meeting today pressing down on baby''s butt and then feeling it start flailing its limbs all around. Bad mommy. I start seeing the m/w every 2 weeks at 32 weeks, then every week at 36.
I have never tried palpating the baby myself! I feel harder bits for sure, but I think that my anteriour placenta makes it a lot harder to feel the details... I asked DH what it was like to feel the head and he said, "Well maybe I didn''t really feel it and just sort of said I did..."
20.gif
What a silly boy! He doesn''t like to tell people when he thinks he "can''t" do something. So I don''t even know if he really felt it or not! LOL!

I feel the baby moving around all the time now and the movements are very marked. The baby has been in basically the exact same position for over a month! Head down, facing my right side... so I feel kicks and led presses up under my ribs on the right side and I feel little hand pokes and prods down low on the right side, and I feel hiccups way low on the left near to my crotch, but the baby doesn''t really move around much more than that! I guess it is getting squashed
41.gif

Wish me luck I don''t cough or sneeze snot all over the place while I am doing my talk! I''ll "see" you all on friday when I am back from interview #3 and final!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! GOOD LUCK DREAMER!!!!!! I''ll be thinking of you (neighbour) while you interview. YEY YEY YEY. Hang in there sicky and we''ll look forward to your update on friday.

Blen - I didn''t know you''ve had them hemi''s. You''ve got hemis? How do you know you have them? (is that a dumb question). Can you feel them externally? Is this TMI? sorry....
emembarrassed.gif

Dreamer- GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Dreamer!!!
My baby's consistently headdown but sometimes changes positions (right vs left, etc) every 5 min or so. In certain positions, the butt feels like it's right under my skin. I know that there's tissue and muscle and like a uterus between the two of us, but it's kind of crazy. I wonder if it will settle down a lot like yours soon as it begins to run out of space.

Mela, I'm assuming rather than knowing but ***TMI**** sometimes my bottom just stings horribly and bright red blood comes out when I poo. The blood's bright red enough that it's clearly new blood from somewhere nearby and not further up my digestive tract, and I just know that hemis are common during pregnancy so I've been assuming I have internal ones. I sat in a sitz bath for like an hour tonight, and it's feeling loads better.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP