shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking diamond kay-

I’m so sorry last question for advice which of these two diamonds do you think I would have better luck with reselling so I can just buy a diamond elsewhere? The original is 1.71 c F vvs2

Or this H

123_1.jpegIMG_9658.jpeg

Please don't buy to resell. You will get screwed completely. Kay's quality is bad and stones are overpriced so you'll mayve get 50% of what you paid

I’m so sorry last question for advice which of these two diamonds do you think I would have better luck with reselling so I can just buy a diamond elsewhere? The original is 1.71 c F vvs2

Or this H

123_1.jpegIMG_9658.jpeg

I csnt tell anything about the F without a high quality video. The H is honestly pretty good

I csnt tell anything about the F without a high quality video. The H is honestly pretty good

We already “own” it so there’s no way of providing a diamond video on F I’m crushed I was so naive starting this I didn’t realize how bad this company was until we got the setting screwed 2x lack of finding a good diamond and then refusing to refund

Please don't buy to resell. You will get screwed completely. Kay's quality is bad and stones are overpriced so you'll mayve get 50% of what you paid

This sucks I wanted a diamond that’s bigger without loosing quality and I can’t find anything here no matter what I will always want a bigger diamond but we have invested so much money in the company already

This sucks I wanted a diamond that’s bigger without loosing quality and I can’t find anything here no matter what I will always want a bigger diamond but we have invested so much money in the company already

Put not invested** I’m trying to find a bigger diamond on here and can’t

You will recoup only about half or less than you spend if you sell elsewhere, and this is a very bad time to be trying to sell natural diamonds on the secondary market unless you have connections. I really don’t think that’s a good idea. I would spend the absolute minimum and get the best cut I could, most likely a round so I knew what I was getting. Make it a pendant or something if you don’t want it for a ring. Try to make lemonade from these lemons. Then since you are already imagining starting over, just do that. Maybe get a lab diamond for the oval if budget is a concern after all this.

Ok, amateur here, but I like the G best. Seems brighter, whiter, less mushy and facets seem more lively to my eyes. I also see the half moons on the left H which is like bowtie, I can't unsee it.

Oval 2.50 Carat G VS1 Good Diamond​

G Color | VS1 Clarity | Good Cut

STOCK #PBQED65063

Just basing my novice opinion on the videos, maybe in person it'd be different and one of the more knowledgeable PSers sees something I don't.

Guys thank you for all the support I’m literally in tears and not to be overly dramatic I’ve been through such health journey overcoming suppressed trauma this was supposed to be a good thing an I got this present..

1- should I try for a bigger diamond pay a little more ?
2- or try and go for a lab grown oval? And some wedding bands with that $21k

3- get an oval or another shape for that price that’s easier?

Guys thank you for all the support I’m literally in tears and not to be overly dramatic I’ve been through such health journey overcoming suppressed trauma this was supposed to be a good thing an I got this present..

Do not spend any more $ with Kay than you have to. Buy something round or whatever other shape you like for a necklace and then buy a lovely lab grown oval for cheap.

I’m new to the whole lab grown vs natural I saw a video on Instagram from the clear cut saying lab are not goo
Do not spend any more $ with Kay than you have to. Buy something round or whatever other shape you like for a necklace and then buy a lovely lab grown oval for cheap.

There is a forum in PS for lab diamonds. Unless you prefer natural diamonds for various personal reasons — like you enjoy the history or the geology or what they mean to you — a lab diamond could be a great choice for you. Go check out the forum and people can help you learn more and pick something nice. Be done with this ordeal and move on.

Explore all of these options, compile a list of possible purchase candidates, then compare and contrast all three routes to make a decision.

Can you get a few of these diamonds to view in person? Just see them and go with what your eyes like best? Ask Kay's to let you see the stone in different lighting as well?

I'm so sorry you're going thru all this, please do not let it bring you to tears, that breaks my heart. If you have a happy and loving family around you that's more valuable than any diamond.

Is there a time limit to decide? Usually patience wins the day. If none of these are acceptable to you, could you get a nice oval lab?? Then in the meantime keep looking till you find a mined stone that you like? Or just pick out a pretty wedding band, with a nice tennis bracelet, or pendant, and/or tennis necklace and get an ahhhmaaazing oval lab E-ring?? The PS family can find you a terrific lab oval.

I'm sure it's all gna work out. Let yourself consider all options and don't rush to do something if it doesn't feel right.

FWIW my original ering diamond was no where near PS quality. We knew nothing then, but it was bigger and nicer than most all I've seen in person. I'm sure you'll find something that will blow the minds of most ppl around you, most ppl are not as eagle eyed as PSers. Just be sure you're happy with it when you see it, stats don't matter if you love it. (I did like the G video=)2)

Last edited:
I love this ring to! The shape ratio color

Does anyone else ever wonder whether it’s natural or lab? lol

I’m new to the whole lab grown vs natural I saw a video on Instagram from the clear cut saying lab are not goo

What did they say about lab? Lab stones are chemically and optically identical as long as you know what to look for. Of course some folks prefer natural and that's totally fine, but there's nothing inherently wrong w them

The G $31k is the one I referenced earlier.

I do not think it’s worth $12k to get 10.61 mm length versus 10.24 mm for $19k.

If you guys had to pick between a 2 carat natural and a 3 carat lab which would you go for?
I will still go read the other forums to!

If you guys had to pick between a 2 carat natural and a 3 carat lab which would you go for?

Personally a lab because of the enormous savings and because I don't personally care if a stone is earth mined or lab grown (with the exception of my never ending quest for stones with intense fluorescence which only exists in natural)

Thoughts on this diamond? I know it’s not the same not having a 360 in clearing out my inspo album IMG_9319.png

Attachments

• IMG_9320.png
    IMG_9320.png
    572.1 KB · Views: 1
Nowadays, I'd rather have a better quality and better performing lab than lesser quality in mined, especially if it's bigger. But seeing as you are locked into the Kay's credit it would be totally understandable to choose a mined stone. Does Kay's sell labs? If so, is the selection better? It's so strange to me they can't get better mined stones :think:

Maybe better mined diamonds hit Kay's inventory occasionally? Could keep stalking their inventory while rocking a big beautiful lab. Then the lab could be reset as a pendant or bracelet later.

ETA: there was a PSer who reset a marquise into a bangle or cuff recently and it's stunning. (pretty sure hers was a mined stone, but mined and lab have same properties, so a diamond is a diamond in my mind) anyways a lab wouldn't be wasted later, very easily re-purposed. I was considering buying a big ol' lab to do a similar cuff myself after seeing it.

Last edited:
Nowadays, I'd rather have a better quality and better performing lab than lesser quality in mined, especially if it's bigger. But seeing as you are locked into the Kay's credit it would be totally understandable to choose a mined stone. Does Kay's sell labs? If so, is the selection better? It's so strange to me they can't get better mined stones :think:

Maybe better mined diamonds hit Kay's inventory occasionally? Could keep stalking their inventory while rocking a big beautiful lab. Then the lab could be reset as a pendant or bracelet later.

Yes, Kay's sells LGD, but their selection seems to be comprised of mostly mid to low grade goods, unfortunately. I only found 1 oval and 1 round that have potential...

Not sure if they would be able to have access to more diamonds but online I only see these
The other thing is I’m also locked in at 21k

I can’t imagine spending the 21k on a lab and then in the future another 30k for bigger mined ☹️

I can’t imagine spending the 21k on a lab and then in the future another 30k for bigger mined ☹️

ETA: there was a PSer who reset a Marquise into a bangle or cuff recently and it's stunning. So a lab wouldn't be wasted, very easily re-purposed. I was considering buying a big ol' lab to do a similar cuff myself after seeing it.

Kays lab mark up is ridiculous..... I'd stay with the natural with your 21k credit from them.... go with another vendor for the next project
1717349561944.png
1717349601334.png

This not really relevant to you. You have a non-refundable sunk cost of $21k.

That 2.01 ct H is a pretty diamond. Better to have your money locked into there than the 1.71 ct you had.

If you try to resell you will 100% lose money. I hope that you don’t sink another $12k into a different Kay stone. Again-10.24 mm versus 10.61 mm-is it worth it?

In a year or two if you still have FOMO than resell the natural 2.01 ct H. You’ll be able to buy a 3-4 ct lab for a few thousand dollars.

Last edited:
Not sure if they would be able to have access to more diamonds but online I only see these
The other thing is I’m also locked in at 21k

I'm inclined to agree with the others: stick with a natural/earth grown diamond for now, given the situation.

If you do want to target LGD...
Eh, this one looks okay-ish, but I have high confidence that this one is a blue nuance:

If you want to consider RBC I found this one, although it is a CVD that appears to lean slightly brownish-pink:

Kay's LGD prices are horrendous for what is being offered, in my opinion.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP