shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Asscher Decision

The 3.99 is on the right and the 4.01 is on theleft. What do you think? I’m undecided but the 3.99 has more windowing -and also a little more sparkling-ness. IMG_4384.jpegIMG_4385.jpeg

I am concerned about the degree of obstruction on the 4.01 and you said it’s not as sparkly?

The 3.99 has an appealing pattern. There is leakage though.

I wonder if @Karl_K has insights. It feels like either is a compromise from what we might consider ideal proportions. But maybe that’s ok for this purchase?

Which do you like more?

View in as many light conditions as possible.
Static and in motion.
Which one speaks to you?

There’ll be other better options if neither does it for you.

At this point, I'm far enough into the process that I'm not giving up. There are decent asschers out there, like the one that Joe2 posted today. Learned another lesson today -- check the return policy before you buy diamonds. I bought them from Daniel Williams and they only allow one return per person per year.....looks like I'll be selling an asscher on ebay! I think I have another one in the hopper, waiting on a live video.

You all have been so wonderfully helpful! That's a good byproduct all this.

At this point, I'm far enough into the process that I'm not giving up. There are decent asschers out there, like the one that Joe2 posted today. Learned another lesson today -- check the return policy before you buy diamonds. I bought them from Daniel Williams and they only allow one return per person per year.....looks like I'll be selling an asscher on ebay! I think I have another one in the hopper, waiting on a live video.

You all have been so wonderfully helpful! That's a good byproduct all this.

Which one are you selling?

Which one are you selling?

I don’t know — I’m waiting for an email from Daniel Williams to figure out how the return process works. They both are nice diamonds, just not ‘my’ diamond. The 4 carat was 1,700 and the 3.99 was 2,100.

I'm at it again -- I thought I liked this one but the ASET is concerning. From what I've learned, all that grey under the table = 'dead' in the middle, right?

Here's a video of the diamond:
ASET-GIA2486655811.jpg

I'm at it again -- I thought I liked this one but the ASET is concerning. From what I've learned, all that grey under the table = 'dead' in the middle, right?

Here's a video of the diamond:
ASET-GIA2486655811.jpg

This has some potential but it's hard to tell from the video

Neither of the ASET images indicate that they are acceptable I would strike both off the list.

I think both look a bit mushy in the center in the videos.

Neither of the ASET images indicate that they are acceptable I would strike both off the list.

They've been struck from the Asscher search record!

The entire ASET image has a yellow cast so the yellow is really white. The white steps are surrounded by red and green though, and they appear to flash on and off in the video. I think it’s worth a look in person.

I like this a lot but someone please weigh in on the crystal. I don't trust my old eyes.

If you like any of these have the experts take a look and give their input.

material issues?

hpht, 17% crown but pricey $5605 at lgd

material issues?

@joe2 I've been looking at the 5,600 Asscher on LGD but that's definitely on the outer limit of my budget. Plus, my track record isn't the greatest (unlike yours!). But it sure looks nice.

material issues?

The last one might be decent. I see it for 3445 right now

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP