shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Oh maaaan!...... now I want to hear that story.

I'd love to tell it but my upbringing does not allow us to talk ill of the dead because "they can't defend themselves" so I won't go into specifics. Just safe to say that someone who targeted me killed someone else and is no longer around to tell the tale. They came to my door and I knew they were going to push their way through. So I quickly walked out the door to confront them, leaving us both outside and it spooked them and they left.

I'd love to tell it but my upbringing does not allow us to talk ill of the dead because "they can't defend themselves" so I won't go into specifics. Just safe to say that someone who targeted me killed someone else and is no longer around to tell the tale. They came to my door and I knew they were going to push their way through. So I quickly walked out the door to confront them, leaving us both outside and it spooked them and they left.

Holy cr!@!p, that's scary! I admire your quick thinking in staying out in public view.

@Stracci, Did this pain start after they put the crown on your tooth? My first thought was maybe something your dentist did during preparing for the crown or when they placed the crown caused this. Maybe there was already a slight crack with that one tooth that wasn’t causing an issue until a possible slight shift in position when the crown was placed. Hopefully they can find the cause and solution quickly and the pain subsides. Mouth pain makes you feel awful.

Please update us on how you are doing and what they find being the cause. I’ve had to have a couple oral surgeries and Ibuprofen worked best for the pain IMO.

I was able to see an endodontist on Tuesday. He took the fancy special 3D images of my mouth, for which I paid extra.
He declared that all my teeth are fine.
He told me that it may be a bite issue, and the nerve could be irritated from years of pounding.
This particular front tooth protrudes a bit, so that was his thought. He said "Go back to your dentist and have them adjust your bite".
He admitted that he was just guessing.
I am really unhappy that nobody can help me.
So I left there with no answers.

I still think it is related to the recent placing of the crown on my back tooth.
Did the lidocaine injection damage the nerve that serves this front tooth?
I have permanent paresthesia (numbness that never went away) on the other side of my mouth from a root canal procedure in 2011, so naturally this has occurred to me.

Last edited:
I was able to see an endodontist on Tuesday. He took the fancy special 3D images of my mouth, for which I paid extra.
He declared that all my teeth are fine.
He told me that it may be a bite issue, and the nerve could be irritated from years of pounding.
This particular front tooth protrudes a bit, so that was his thought. He said "Go back to your dentist and have them adjust your bite".

He admitted that he was just guessing.
I am really unhappy that nobody can help me.
So I left there with no answers.

I still think it is related to the recent placing of the crown on my back tooth.
Did the lidocaine injection damage the nerve that serves this front tooth?
I have permanent paresthesia (numbness that never went away) on the other side of my mouth from a root canal procedure in 2011, so naturally this has occurred to me.

How does your dentist "adjust" your bite?

Do you have a night guard? Could you be either grinding your teeth, or clenching them?

There is obviously something going on so I'm just grabbing at straws. When I was under a lot of stress at work I was clenching my jaw and and my teeth felt sore. I used a night guard for about a year and it helped. I was clenching so hard in my sleep that I actually cracked the night guard.

How does your dentist "adjust" your bite?

Do you have a night guard? Could you be either grinding your teeth, or clenching them?

There is obviously something going on so I'm just grabbing at straws. When I was under a lot of stress at work I was clenching my jaw and and my teeth felt sore. I used a night guard for about a year and it helped. I was clenching so hard in my sleep that I actually cracked the night guard.
Adjust the bite means smoothing down some of the places where the upper and lower teeth hit together. But of course the dentist already did that when he placed the crown.

Yes, I clench and chomp my teeth at night. I have woken up with a bloody or sore bitten tongue numerous times.
This happens more when I am stressed.
I even notice that I clench during the day.
This is probably why I have a bit of TMJ pain occasionally.

I have a night guard, but hadn't used it for over a year. When a small chunk fell out of the back tooth (which was why I went in for the crown) I knew right away that clenching was the culprit.
So I have been wearing it again for the last 3 weeks.

If the endodontist is correct, then maybe prolonged wearing of the night guard and being more conscious of how I hold my jaw during the day might help.
Gah! I'm trying really hard to stop freaking out about this.

At least I know that I will not lose the tooth. I was really worried about looking like a hobo with a missing front tooth.
Thanks
@Lookinagain,
@Calliecake @YadaYadaYada @canuk-gal
,@SparkleBug
It really helps just hearing all your opinions and comments.

Last edited:
@stracci2000 I was clenching in the daytime too. Hopefully, wearing your night guard and being conscious of what you are doing in the daytime will help. Since they haven't found anything wrong with the tooth, fingers crossed that the night guard helps.

What’s wrong with people? As some of you know, we’re ‘new’ to this country. We recently started going to a local bar who have a trivia night on Wednesdays. We’ve met some lovely people and a couple of weeks ago, one of the couples who are sometime team mates, asked if we’d like to go to the bar yesterday, as it was her birthday. We said yes, and duly turned up. Another couple from our team were there, and the ‘inviting’ couple said they’d also invited 2 other couples who’re friends of theirs. The evening progressed, and their other friends just didn’t bother to turn up, no word from them, not even, sorry we can’t make it, just didn’t show. How rude not to let them know, I felt bad for the birthday girl, she’d brought a big cake, big enough for the whole bar, plates, napkins and forks.

What’s wrong with people? As some of you know, we’re ‘new’ to this country. We recently started going to a local bar who have a trivia night on Wednesdays. We’ve met some lovely people and a couple of weeks ago, one of the couples who are sometime team mates, asked if we’d like to go to the bar yesterday, as it was her birthday. We said yes, and duly turned up. Another couple from our team were there, and the ‘inviting’ couple said they’d also invited 2 other couples who’re friends of theirs. The evening progressed, and their other friends just didn’t bother to turn up, no word from them, not even, sorry we can’t make it, just didn’t show. How rude not to let them know, I felt bad for the birthday girl, she’d brought a big cake, big enough for the whole bar, plates, napkins and forks.

I agree it's rude. I think manners are taught, and some parents never teach them, and I guess some adults leave them behind, even when they knew them at one point.

Adjust the bite means smoothing down some of the places where the upper and lower teeth hit together. But of course the dentist already did that when he placed the crown.

Yes, I clench and chomp my teeth at night. I have woken up with a bloody or sore bitten tongue numerous times.
This happens more when I am stressed.
I even notice that I clench during the day.
This is probably why I have a bit of TMJ pain occasionally.

I have a night guard, but hadn't used it for over a year. When a small chunk fell out of the back tooth (which was why I went in for the crown) I knew right away that clenching was the culprit.
So I have been wearing it again for the last 3 weeks.

If the endodontist is correct, then maybe prolonged wearing of the night guard and being more conscious of how I hold my jaw during the day might help.
Gah! I'm trying really hard to stop freaking out about this.

At least I know that I will not lose the tooth. I was really worried about looking like a hobo with a missing front tooth.
Thanks
@Lookinagain,
@Calliecake @YadaYadaYada @canuk-gal
,@SparkleBug
It really helps just hearing all your opinions and comments.

I have similar issues to you and the added complication of some of the nerves in my teeth being so long they actually grow into my sinus cavities. It is likely the bruxism and the recent crown placement causing the pain and inflamed nerves can hurt for months until they calm. If you have sensitive nerves it can also lead to referred pain in the mouth. Yeah, it's a party! Wearing a guard will help. Also sounds weird but try resting your teeth on your slightly thrusted tongue during the day to be mindful of gradual pressure increases. It will gradually fade. Until the next time:confused2: It's super annoying and I'm sorry you have it too.

I have similar issues to you and the added complication of some of the nerves in my teeth being so long they actually grow into my sinus cavities. It is likely the bruxism and the recent crown placement causing the pain and inflamed nerves can hurt for months until they calm. If you have sensitive nerves it can also lead to referred pain in the mouth. Yeah, it's a party! Wearing a guard will help. Also sounds weird but try resting your teeth on your slightly thrusted tongue during the day to be mindful of gradual pressure increases. It will gradually fade. Until the next time:confused2: It's super annoying and I'm sorry you have it too.

Oh @ItsMainelyYou !
You are describing my situation exactly!
And yes, I have been using my tongue as a pad to keep pressure off the disturbed front tooth.
F*cking #24.

Referred pain! I am feeling weirdness all over my mouth. Different teeth keep "pretending" to hurt, and weird sensations in my chin. The tip of my tongue was even feeling numb.
Omg, I'm a basket case at this point.

Do you think I it will fade, really? Its been 16 days already, but the pain and pressure seems slightly different these last few days.
Thanks for the reassuring words. I really needed to hear this :) :) (((hugs)))

Last edited:
@stracci2000, I’m relieved to hear the endodontist didn’t find anything wrong with your tooth. It’s easy to work yourself up when you’re worried and let’s face it, going back repeatedly to the dentist and him not know what was causing the pain was adding more stress. Hopefully continuing to wear the night guard will help and knowing your tooth is alright will put your mind at ease.

Did the endodontist think the pressure and pain was different because you started wearing the night guard?

@stracci2000, I’m relieved to hear the endodontist didn’t find anything wrong with your tooth. It’s easy to work yourself up when you’re worried and let’s face it, going back repeatedly to the dentist and him not know what was causing the pain was adding more stress. Hopefully continuing to wear the night guard will help and knowing your tooth is alright will put your mind at ease.

Did the endodontist think the pressure and pain was different because you started wearing the night guard?

Oh @ItsMainelyYou !
You are describing my situation exactly!
And yes, I have been using my tongue as a pad to keep pressure off the disturbed front tooth.
F*cking #24.

Referred pain! I am feeling weirdness all over my mouth. Different teeth keep "pretending" to hurt, and weird sensations in my chin. The tip of my tongue was even feeling numb.
Omg, I'm a basket case at this point.

Do you think I it will fade, really? Its been 16 days already, but the pain and pressure seems slightly different these last few days.
Thanks for the reassuring words. I really needed to hear this :) :) (((hugs)))
I know and I identify. The bastards.
I do. I can't guarantee it, but it has happened to me before several times.
The longest? Two months(I'm sorry and I hesitated to tell you) but it did end. It would migrate. The worst was after a two molar crown placement. Tooth nerves are strange and because they're sort of cocooned in pockets they take longer to calm. They all 'talk' to each other, too. Gum telephone.
They were pissed
Continued pressure will cause low level pain for long periods. I do what I can to be mindful of gradual build. I'm a clencher, I've broken several teeth that way. You will get better at realizing when you do it during the day, but a guard is the only way to do it when you sleep.

Hey, out of curiosity, do you have a sort of convex bone ridge in the middle of your upper palate? I didn't even know that was supposed to be concave. It was my dentist who said I must have jaws of steel.
And hugs backatcha, every time.

Yes, it is very common for fully grown people to pull that stunt nowadays, in my experience, and the level of selfishness is stunning. They do it with children's birthdays, too. In my experience, it's usually people who you don't know all that well.

Or maybe it's that way because I don't bother with them again after that, so I don't get to know them well! One wonders if they have the sense to show up for work, or if they think it's somehow different than how they'd feel if someone disregarded their time, money and effort in the same way.

I used to run a book club and also a dinner club and after a couple of years of dealing with that kind of thing constantly, I kinda started to hate people lol.

@stracci2000,

He didn't say anything about that.
When I went to see him, I told him that the pain and pressure was intermittent. I did tell him that different sections of teeth were feeling weird, so he looked at all those areas and declared that all my teeth were Ok.

He did say that lots of damage happens during the night with grinding and clenching.

I only recently resumed the night guard after the permanent crown was placed. The dental tech told me not to wear the guard with the temporary crown, because that might cause the temp to fall out. It fell out anyway several times. I went back after the first time for them to reaffix it. They use some kind of stupid putty that raised it up so much I couldn't even chew food. I was so pissed. So I bought dental cement from the drug store to fix it myself. It was still high, but much better.

So my bite was jacked up for almost 2 weeks, waiting for the permanent crown to come in. (The second dentist I went to can make crowns in-house, so I will consider them when I need another crown in the future.)
So I've been wearing the night guard consistantly for about 2 weeks now.

Sorry this story is getting to be so long!

I know and I identify. The bastards.
I do. I can't guarantee it, but it has happened to me before several times.
The longest? Two months(I'm sorry and I hesitated to tell you) but it did end. It would migrate. The worst was after a two molar crown placement. Tooth nerves are strange and because they're sort of cocooned in pockets they take longer to calm. They all 'talk' to each other, too. Gum telephone.
They were pissed
Continued pressure will cause low level pain for long periods. I do what I can to be mindful of gradual build. I'm a clencher, I've broken several teeth that way. You will get better at realizing when you do it during the day, but a guard is the only way to do it when you sleep.

Hey, out of curiosity, do you have a sort of convex bone ridge in the middle of your upper palate? I didn't even know that was supposed to be concave. It was my dentist who said I must have jaws of steel.
And hugs backatcha, every time.

Funny you should ask. Yes I do have a small bony structure on top, and two more on the bottom palate on each side.
After looking at lots of mouth photos online the last few days, I discovered that my bottom palate looks different. So I went down the "torus mandibularus" rabbit hole. My husband has it, too.
One article I read even said that people who have this bony structure tend to have bruxism. What? Crazy.

Last edited:
HI:

I asked my DH to become acquainted with the new Swiffer. I see I am on "ignore". :roll2:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results