shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal it doesn’t seem to August should be here yet. We are having lots of flies here and I was saying, they are bad in August and then I realized - it’s August. I watched Twisters. It was good. I rented Despicable Me 4 too this weekend. Glad you didn’t get that large hail. We’ve had a lot of rain. Woo hoo to a $12 tax refund. I need to get my 3rd quarter payment to our tax lady. Ugh. Happy birthday to you DS and I hope dinner went well.

@Austina I did answer your email. I think Saturday would work for us to meet you and Colin for dinner. We are enjoying our new home and we paid a friend’s daughter and her boyfriend $100 to haul a bunch of junk and boxes to the dump for us. We still have some stuff in the garage to get in our dumpster. I hope it cools off for you soon. Good deal you like the new paint job. Your room looks great. Darn that Colin had to reschedule his test.

@missy I hope you had a wonderful birthday. That’s cool your rode your age in miles, a fun way to celebrate. That’s funny that your BIL says people go broke shopping at Costco. We spend money like drunken sailors in Sam’’s Club. MG’s are nice cars too. I love the classics. Gorgeous rainbow picture. We saw a partial rainbow this morning in the west opposite the sunrise. I don’t see those too often. We’ve had monsoons here too, but not from Debby. It’s the late July daily thunderstorms showing up. Nice your periodontal visit went well. I bet I have mine soon. Our DMV employees are like that too, a bit on the grumpy side. I HATE going, they have such a LOOOOONNNNG line. Glad you can wear your rings again. Our new house is about 8 minutes from our old house. Marty’s trip to the gym is actually only a few minutes more because now he can go about 1/2 way on the interstate. You look great with that long hair. Glad to hear Shelley’s husband sent you a link and they have a lovely ceremony for her. It’s so sad.

@MamaBee keeping you in my thoughts.

I was distracted the last few days finishing a book. I got it done this morning. We do love our new house. Marty has been working constantly on things. He is kind of starting on a few things for his observatory. We have to hear from the architectural committee again on his observatory. It’s going to be smaller than they approved before we moved here. He’s keeping it under the size that requires all sorts of permits, fees and inspections. Ha!

I felt kind of crappy today and very tired. I don’t know why. We were going to Colorado for a graduation party for one of my nephews, but since I couldn’t stay awake we cancelled. It started at 4 and was over a 2 hour drive to get home. After we went out to eat a late lunch, I felt better. I was so out of it this morning that I forgot it was laundry morning. My last batch just buzzed in the dryer. I’m sleeping okay. I didn’t eat much the last few days, maybe I just need food.

Take care.
Marcy

Good morning girls and happy how did you get here so fast Monday!

@marcy thank you and I am so pleased for you loving your new house. I am sorry you had to miss your nephew's graduation party because you were not feeling well and I hope you are feeling all better now. And yes food is critical lol. I am glad you are sleeping ok and hopefully you are back to 100%. I had a wonderful birthday weekend thanks for your good wishes. I just wish summer would go a little more slowly. Why does summer go so much faster than winter? LOL

@Slickk hope you enjoyed a wonderful rest of the weekend and are hope this is a great week

@MamaBee keeping you in my thoughts and hoping everything continues to go smoothly

@canuk-gal I got a little taste of cooler air this morning when I went out to feed the ferals at 5AM and girl, it felt too cold. Summer please stay. I know I complained about the extreme heat (indices in the 100s) but I am not ready for 60s yet. LOL. Hope you are enjoying a good start to the week

@Austina are your temps cooling off like ours are? I thought I wanted cooler weather but turns out I was wrong :lol: I love wearing sleeveless tanks and light clothing and sneakers and just being easy breezy. Not ready to bundle up again yet

Hello everyone else. A taste of autumn is in the air here. This morning Tommy has blood work to do and then Thursday Bobby is seeing the veterinarian as I suspect he has diabetes.

So my nieces and my sister and BIL are at a cancer camp this week for the next 7 days. it was the girls desire to do this. They are volunteering helping kids who have cancer and are at a special camp. They had to bring their own sheets/towels and everything so as not to make any extra work for the employees there. And they will be there for the next week organizing activities, teaching them things and just helping anyway they can help. My BIL is in charge of the water sports and my sister in charge of arts and crafts and I forget what the girls will be doing. But I am so proud of them because in a week or so my eldest niece goes to college and my youngest niece goes back to high school and this is how they chose to spend the last week. Helping others. My nieces idea 100% and my sister and BIL were happy to help make this happen. The girls are just good humans through and through but I am not surprised because that is who my sister is. Too bad more people aren't like them. In fact it seems too many are just the opposite. All about themselves and care nothing for others. Anyway it gives me hope for the future though I know they are in the minority.

After Tommy's appointment this morning we are going cycling and the weather looks good. Hope you all enjoy a marvelous Monday. XOXO

I cannot believe how big my nieces are...they are young adults. When did this happen? Overnight it seems. I know you all will agree. It goes too fast. Life in general. I will spare you my deep thoughts about this. Too heavy for a monday morning :)

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 6.09.25 AM.png

I will leave you with the ice cream we enjoyed yesterday. Wish we could share this with all of you

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 6.05.10 AM.png

May your Monday be sweet and peaceful

HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!

Lovely ride then went to the big park. Busy but not heaving. It was lovely until I saw a man eating out of the garbage. Makes me so sad......:(( such is our world.

@missy hope the kitties are OK. Always worry some. And yes to STOP time and stay summer as winter overstays its welcome!

@marcy glad you are enjoying your new digs!!

@Slickk hope you are making the most of these last few weeks before returning to work. How did your house purge go?

@MamaBee hope things are well with you.

@Austina what are you guys planning to do in Colorado?

cheers--Sharon

Hello lovelies

I’m so glad you had a lovely birthday weekend @missy, and Oh I wish it was cooling down here - it’s getting hotter! The pool was 97 degs today :shock: it was ridiculous! I hope Tommy’s appt went well today. Your BIL & Sis are the best parents ever to raise such wonderful caring, giving girls. I doubt there are that many youngsters these days who would volunteer to do such an amazing thing, I know how proud you all are of them.

We’re going to The Strongest Man on Earth, formerly the Shaw Classic in Colorado @canuk-gal :mrgreen: There’ll be pretty much all the competitors that were at Worlds Strongest in Myrtle Beach, but this is in a stadium and faster moving, so no long periods of time when nothing’s happening. It’s sad to hear that there are people eating from the rubbish bins, although when we were in SF, there were lots of homeless people looking for food.

Glad you’re getting organised in your new home @marcy, and good idea to pay someone else to get rid of all the rubbish. We’re really looking forward to seeing you both on Saturday for dinner :dance:

We had to spend Saturday afternoon tree hunting. We got a citation from the HOA about a dead tree and 12 days in which to replace it! All the aboriculturists have said this is the worst possible time to plant trees. Colin contacted the HOA and explained that no one will guarantee a tree planted now and could we have an extension. Fortunately, they said yes. On that note, we were quoted $2000 for ONE tree. I’m not sure if they think we wanted to buy a forest, but $2000!!!!! As we say, they’re having a laugh! We have to get the dead tree out a.s.a.p, so Colin’s been looking for someone to do that.

We took our lovely neighbours out for breakfast yesterday, they’re gluten and dairy free, but fortunately they’ve found a restaurant that suits us all.

Busy week coming up. :wavey:

Good morning girls! Happy terrific Tuesday

@canuk-gal that is so sad :( We don't see that here but in NYC we saw that often and it is heart breaking. I don't have answers but I do feel our countries need to take care of our people. Not to mention the veterans. Homeless veterans are too many and it is a crying shame. I am glad you got to enjoy a lovely bike ride. It is where I feel truly free. I love cycling and I know you do too

@Austina thank you. They are exceptional and I know I am biased but in this case I am being objective. Ugh 97 is too warm. My parents (mom) always loved keeping their pool in the 80s and I thought that was too warm. How lovely you took your neighbors out to eat. Being gluten and dairy free are not rare these days (I am and so is Greg now) so I am glad to see restaurants are cooperating. It used to be only in the bigger cities you could get many gluten free and dairy free food items but now fortunately it is more widespread. Ugh about the HOA. I never cared for that principle. Sure it keeps the neighborhood looking nice but they can be outrageous at times with their demands. Glad they were reasonable this time. And yes planting now is not a great idea if you can avoid it. Though it could be done if you were vigilant about keeping it watered. Best to wait til the weather gets a little bit less oppressively hot. Hope you get to meet up with Marcy in Colorado. One of my favorite physicians lives in Denver. It's been decades since I visited Colorado and I always loved that state. I don't remember when you are going but have a terrific trip

@Slickk hope you are making the most of this month and all is going well

@springerspaniel our tree is looking beautiful and lush. I will try remembering to take a photo today. Hope you are enjoying August and all is well

Hello everyone else. We had a beautiful day cycling yesterday. The weather was amazing and today supposed to be even better. 70s and dry. Mid ride yesterday I had a telemedicine call and I was worried the physician would be annoyed at me doing it from the bike. He tends to be grumpy and difficult at times. But this time he was curious and not annoyed. At least he didn't show it. He wanted to see the bike and was asking lots of questions about where we were but he seemed OK with it. I couldn't have stayed home and missed such a gorgeous day and the telemedicine appointment was in the middle of the day so we had to do it this way. The zoom visit went well.

At the end of the appointment I asked him who Greg could see. Long story short he agreed to take Greg on as a patient. He is not taking new patients (he's in his 80s) and he is into research more than seeing patients but has lots and lots of patients and is world renowned in this field. BUT he stopped taking new patients in 2019. I got in to see him in 2020 because a friend of mine recommended me to him and he accepted after I wrote him an email explaining why I wanted to see him. But he's been not making exceptions this past year or two because he is inundated with patients, research and all that goes along with being the head of a department at a major teaching hospital. I had emailed him months back asking if he would consider taking Greg on as a patient and he replied back unfortunately he just could not. He was polite about it but quite definite.

Anyway yesterday at the end of my appointment I asked him who could Greg see at his hospital and he said me of course. He went on to say he was voted #1 by his colleagues in that field and was an HPT expert etc etc etc. I was flabbergasted because it was a 180 from our email convo just 2 months earlier. Truly confused. But he is in his 80s and I feel he is slowing down and he does get confused at times. BUT it is slim picking here in this speciality and I was just so relieved he said he would see Greg. So we shall see. I sure hope we get the sharp Dr B at Greg's appointment. What we go through to get good care. Cannot make this stuff up, I know Dr B will be slowing down but he insists he is not retiring. However, often, our bodies tell us when it is time. So we shall see.

Tommy's appointment did not go well. I am pissed at the office as they do not let us back when they draw blood and they were unable to weigh him because he screamed and fought. That is not our Tommy but Greg heard the screaming so long story short and they got the blood but did not weigh him. Which is critical with thyroid patients. We are waiting for the lab results hopefully today I pray they are OK because we have been having difficulty getting it under control. We are seeing the vet Thursday with Bobby and we are seeing him next month with Tommy. It's a revolving door of doctors here. Human and animal lol. And Tommy is recovered from that trauma and he is A OK now. But wow. Just so not cool with the techs. My sister's office NEVER had any issue getting Tommy weighed. Just goes to show it's not only hard finding good human doctors. The excellent veterinarians and staff are few and far between. Dr H is a good vet I am confident of that but his staff not so much. And he overcharges too. I won't say how much the labs cost us but let's just say it was outrageous

OK enough of my moaning lol. Today is a spectacular weather day and we are looking forward to cycling. I hope whatever is on your agenda you enjoy it to the max and have a glorious and terrific Tuesday. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-08-13 at 6.21.31 AM.png

Love all the wildlife around us. Truly breathtaking

Screen Shot 2024-08-13 at 6.24.00 AM.png

Last edited:
GM girls and happy wonderful Wednesday!

Another gorgeous day. Tommy's veterinarian called us last night and his T4 is within range so yay about that. Tomorrow we see him with Bobby.

Greg and I cycled 71 miles yesterday woohoo. It was such a purrrrfect temperature day (70s, dry, low humidity) we had to go the extra miles. Before the year is up we are hoping to cycle 100 miles in a day. Greg has done that before but believe it or not the most I ever cycled in one day was 80 miles. We have to wait for the temps to be cool and for the air to be dry. We could have done it yesterday but we weren't thinking of it til we were practically home. So hopefully there will be another opportunity weather wise. Plus Greg is off this week so darn wish we thought of it earlier yesterday.

Screen Shot 2024-08-14 at 6.29.30 AM.png

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying a terrific week. This has got to be one of the top weather weeks at the shore in a long time. And we are enjoying every second.

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday @canuk-gal @Slickk @MamaBee @Austina @marcy @springerspaniel @mrs-b and everyone else who is reading. Sending lots of good wishes and peaceful vibes XOXO

Leaving you with some photos

Mantoloking which is approximately 35 miles away from us. Gorgeous here. Feels like New England to me

Screen Shot 2024-08-14 at 6.23.19 AM.png

Our sweet treat 2/3rds into the 71 mile ride as we went to Mantoloking first then turned around and then had ice cream on the way back

Screen Shot 2024-08-14 at 6.23.54 AM.png

Bald eagle sighting when we were almost home
@springerspaniel I'm sorry. I forgot to take a photo of the tree so will try to remember today..it was a long day yesterday and by the time we were almost home I totally forgot

Screen Shot 2024-08-14 at 6.25.34 AM.png

That's it from me folks. Enjoy this gorgeous week. Be well.

Hello lovelies

Been a busy couple of days! I’m so glad that Tommy’s results were good, and now fingers crossed for Bobby. Wow, you have been busy cycling, you’re really racking up the miles!

Just been busy getting on top of things in the house ready for the off tomorrow. I can’t leave with the house not being cleaned from top to toe or all the washing done and beds freshly made :lol:

Doesn’t look like it’s going to be much cooler in Colorado!

Off to Trivia tonight.

Be safe and well lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!

Smoky today so no cycling. Went for a walk and ice cream instead. I'll go tomorrow if the smoke clears.

@Austina you do a worry some amount of cleaning LOL. Safe travels and enjoy your tournament!!!

@missy Great news on he thyroid results! Hope tomorrow goes smoothly at the Vets. That was quite the ride you guys had!!!! Yay. Unfortunately I see people eating out of garbage's on a daily basis....

@marcy hope you are settling in. The wasps are out! Do you have many??

Slow day, low on the thrill-o-meter.

cheers--Sharon

GM girls, Happy FriYAY. Thinking of Shelley and now Lexy. Too much tragedy and I really don't feel like posting but wanted to say good morning. And also can we all please think good thoughts for @MamaBee who is having her first infusion today.

@canuk-gal thank you! Relieved about Tommy. Waiting for Bobby's results back. Maybe tomorrow. So sad about people desperate for food. Heartbreaking. Yes we are really cycling our hearts out. Helps me deal with all the tragedy around us. Helps quiet my mind.

My mom had cataract surgery the other day and is doing well thank goodness. I cannot believe i had cataract surgery before her lol

@springerspaniel here is that photo of our tree I promised you. Taken yesterday on our way back home

Screen Shot 2024-08-16 at 6.09.57 AM.png

@Slickk @MamaBee (good luck today!) @Austina @marcy @mrs-b (wishing you a rapid recovery), and everyone else, hope all is well
May everyone enjoy a very sweet FriYAY

Screen Shot 2024-08-16 at 6.11.03 AM.png

Hello lovelies

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way @MamaBee, hope it all goes well and you have great results.

Your Mum is amazing @missy, how are your parents doing? I was really shocked to read the news too, just awful, and far too young. Her poor family and little boy, it’s just heartbreaking. We can’t dwell on things that have happened and can’t change, we can only look forward and do the best we can. Hoping for good news about Bobby.

We arrived in Colorado yesterday, it was a long day but it’s lovely and sunny, and we’re meeting @marcy & Marty for dinner tomorrow, so yay!

Have a great FriYay, and a lovely weekend :wavey:

GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday.

@Austina have a fantastic time in Colorado and enjoy your dinner with Marcy and Marty! I wish we could all join you :)

You are so right. We must always keep moving forward. This is life. Challenging, Full of heartache and pain but also full of joy and wonder. And we do the best we can. One day at a time.

So Bobby has kidney disease. UGH. I almost wish it was diabetes now. Anyway he needs further testing. And as an added complication his platelets are low. When my sister did blood work on them last month his platelets were low and I questioned her but she felt it was due to the way the blood was taken and how the lab processed it. Or something like that. But if you all remember he was scratched by Gracie about 2 (?) months ago and we had to go to the hospital because after 6 hours he was still bleeding copiously. And it took them hours to stop the bleeding. So that is definitely concerning. And Dr H feels this could be serious and we need further testing according to him. UGH. And his globulins were high indicating inflammation. But mainly right now I am worried about the platelets and the kidneys. Waiting for a copy of his labs as Dr H always calls out of the office at night and I need to send a copy to my sister as I want her eyes on this too. In the meantime I got some low phosporus kidney food and OMG so expensive. 90$ for 12 three ounce cans. And let me tell you I very much doubt Bobby will eat it. He is a SUPER picky eater just like Tommy. And if he refuses (I got several brands) I will allow him to eat what he wants. Because we all know a cat can die if he stops eating for just a few days.

OK that is my real life update. Wish it was cheerier. On to cheerier news now

@MamaBee did great with her first infusion woohoo!!!!! Thank you everyone for your good wishes for her

@Slickk happy weekend!

@marcy have fun with P and C and enjoy...hope the house is coming along smoothly

@canuk-gal enjoy a wonderful weekend and I hope the weather cooperates for cycling if that is what you would like to do

@springerspaniel happy weekend...enjoy

Hey everyone else. Hope all is well. Have a great weekend. Leaving you with a few photos from our cycling adventures yesterday. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-08-17 at 5.47.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-17 at 5.47.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-17 at 5.46.53 AM.png

Have a sweet Caturday Saturday my sweet friends ((((hugs))))
May it be as meowavolous as you

Gracie's favorite position...on me on the couch in the evening as we watch are watching a movie :)
Screen Shot 2024-08-17 at 5.49.41 AM.png

Hello lovelies

What great news about @MamaBee @missy, thank you for letting us know.

I’m so sorry to hear about Bobby, absolutely NOT the news you were hoping for. Yikes, the cat food is really expensive, so I’m hoping he’ll gobble it down.

The weather here is lovely, we must definitely be getting used to the heat, because we’re finding the 90 degree temps to be just ‘warm’ :lol:
First day of the competition and we had the misfortune to be seated in front of 3 foul mouth, stinky yobs. The woman in front of me overhead us saying something, when they all got up to go and get a photo taken, and said she wondered where the smell was coming from. I told her it definitely wasn’t US :mrgreen:

On a better note, we’ve just got back from having dinner with Marcy & Marty, they are such a lovely couple and we had a great time.

More unbelievable feats of strength to watch tomorrow, have a peaceful Sunday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Good morning lovely ladies and happy Sunday!

@Austina yay so glad you enjoyed a wonderful dinner with M&M! They are a great couple as are you and Colin. Did his nuclear stress test get rescheduled yet? I am glad the weather is good by you and lol I will never get used to the 90s but I get what you mean. 85 does not seem as bad now as it did a few months ago lol.. Thanks for the Bobby love. We are running more tests (have now spent over 1K on labs for Bobby oy to the vey) and we will see. In the meantime I will attempt to get him to eat the new food but girl, every mealtime with Bobby and Tommy is a struggle and I spend lots of time coaxing them to eat. And that's with the food they love. Crazy cats. Remind me why I love cats so much :lol:

@Slickk happy Sunday...hope you are enjoying every second of the rest of summer

@canuk-gal hope you are having a wonderful weekend

Hey everyone else. Hope all is well. We were able to go cycling yesterday as the rain held off but now the next few days look iffy weather wise so probably errands today. My butt could use a day off anyway lol. But I think we may be in for an extended break looking at the radar. Oh well. It was a good run.. 8 days straight of cycling which in the NE is a miracle

Leaving you with some photos. May your Sunday be as sweet as you are XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 5.48.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 5.48.18 AM.png

And a photo that popped up in my feed. I was approximately 32 here. I look (IMO) much younger. Oh youth is wasted on the young. Truer words never spoken. I miss all that hair lol

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 5.50.48 AM.png

Have a sweet Sunday filled with joy and peace and only good things lovely ladies

Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I hate to hear about Bobby and glad to hear Tommy’s results were good. Hoping they are doing better. I did chuckle that your butt could use a break from cycling. I totally remember a traditional bike seat wasn’t what I’d call confortable. How wonderful your nieces wanted to help out with the cancer camp. I am sure it’s something they’ll remember and it was much appreciated. I am glad your mom’s cataract surgery went well.

@Austina we sure enjoyed visiting with you and Colin. I hope you have a safe trip going home.

@canuk-gal glad you are getting in some mileage on your bike. It is sad that someone is eating out of a garbage can. All change isn’t for the better in this world. Watch out for wasps. The house we just moved from had quite a few around. I haven’t seen any at the new house yet. We’ve got flies and moths and large crickets though.

Thinking of you @MamaBee

I had a busy week. I definitely felt like my normal self as the week went by. I tried to go to bed on time. I read a book in my spare time and obviously enjoyed it since that is all I did other than work.

We had a lovely time visiting with Austina and Colin. Marty really enjoyed meeting them too. As you probably already know, they are an amazing couple. I had Marty take a picture of us, if it’s okay with @Austina, I’ll post one of them.

We got a flagpole put up this weekend and didn’t do much else around the house. I did get a hat and pair of mittens knit for a niece this weekend. I like the yarn so much I want to make myself a sweater or something out of it.

I got suckered in to being on a livestream video tomorrow for work on the Super Blue Moon tomorrow night. The host is rather unorganized and only gave the three of us he’s talking to a general idea of whet we’ll be talking about so I studied up on everything. I am NOT a fan of being on camera or live.

Take care.
Marcy

Good afternoon lovely ladies! Just got back from a wonderful cycling day and Greg has a work call to do so I wanted to say hello.

@marcy thank you for all your good wishes for Bobby and my mom and Tommy and my nieces too. They worked hard there but were very happy to have been able to help. So glad you enjoyed a wonderful visit with @Austina and her dh. Good luck with the livestream video tonight. Super Blue Moon so cool. I hear you on not liking to do live video or appear on camera. I am the same way and amazed I do Zoom calls every week or every other week with my girlfriends. But I am so comfortable with them I can look awful and still feel good LOL

@Slickk hope your week is off to a good start

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying lovely weather and getting to cycle

@MamaBee it IS always something and usually multiple somethings. Hang in there to both of you and I continue thinking good thoughts for you and your family

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well.

We are going to hit 5,000 miles on the bike tomorrow (if we can ride) woohoo!
It was a busy day as I had a perio cleaning this AM and then we went cycling and now Greg is on a conference call for work.
Hope you all enjoy a lovely evening. XOXO

Jimmy really loaded on the ice cream today LOL. Thanks Jimmy!

Screen Shot 2024-08-19 at 3.29.35 PM.png

HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!

Stunning weather day today. 29C, no wind. I cycled this AM alone as my DH had cortisone injections in both feet. Hope it provides him some relief. I've been drinking a lot of Starbucks cold brews. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total addiction! Normally I don't drink sweet coffee but who can resist? I went out to buy a new laundry hamper and was inundated with Fall and Halloween stuff. SHEESH! (such a pet peeve with me)

@missy LOL about your bum needing a rest. Normally I don't post TMI stuff, but I was forced to take a break bc of unwanted chafing. Lady parts suffer from a lot of cycling!! Hope the kitties fare well--they really do have 9 lives!

@marcy how fun you got to meet up with A & C! Glad you are enjoying your new digs.

@Austina how is the competition? I LOL about smelly people. Soap isn't really all that $$, one can buy it at the dollar store.:bigsmile: They prolly just needed a PSI.

@MamaBee I miss your posts!!!

Hope all is well with folks. Stay well!

cheers--Sharon

Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy you did get an extra portion of ice cream. That was nice of Jimmy. Woo hoo for hitting 5,000 miles tomorrow. That’s so awesome.

@canukgal I’m with you on posting TMI, but I totally remember some discomfort from riding bikes. Enough said, eh? I hope the shots help you DH. I am considering ordering some compression socks for my knees. I don’t know if they’d help or not though.

It was a strange day today. I was studying for my livestream and the guy showed up to fix a chip out of a window. He luckily got done about the time I was going to log in for the video. The recording went well and when it was done Marty was pacing around wanting to go look at landscaping rock. So we headed out for that. The nursery had an end of season tree sale going one, so we got two Austrailian pine trees for the price of one. They are small but our HOA requires at least eight trees planted in a year. Two down … And they are dumping off the rock tomorrow.

Marty headed to the gym and I was working away when a massive thunderstorm literally blew through here. We lost power for about 90 minutes. I used my phone’s hotspot and kept working.

I got downstairs lifting kind of later than normal, but since it was light out I could see still without lights.

I started on a scarf tonight for a niece. I got her hat and mittens done already.

Tonight we had a fabulous sunset, but the supermoon was only visible off and on through clouds. I can say I saw it though.

Tomorrow is my periodontal appointment. I hope to get a good report card.

Take care.
Marcy

GM ladies! Happy terrific Tuesday ♥️

@marcy good luck with your periodontal appointment today. Fingers crossed for a good report card. Oh no to thunderstorms causing power outages. Hate that. Glad it was restored quickly. Sweet you’re knitting for your niece. Love gorgeous sunsets. We had a stunning sky yesterday too. Glad the recording of your livestream worked out. Whew

@canuk-gal hope your weather repeats today and more gorgeous weather. Hope the cortisone shots help your dh. Yay for cycling. Greg loves cold brew too. He says I make the best coffee though and I agree lol. Coffee is my thing. Yes after so many miles my butt hurts lol. I need more padding haha. Wish I could add where I wanted it. Oh well. Enjoy a wonderful day

@Slickk oh no one more week. Enjoy to the max. And next year a retired person woohoo. Freedom !

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well

Today feels like autumn. Crisp cool dry. Chilly even. Heading out cycling today then Zoom with my girlfriends later. Enjoy a terrific Tuesday all XOXO

IMG_2035.jpeg

Hello lovelies

Got home yesterday, how is it that a relatively short distance takes so long when flying’s involved?

Thanks @missy, we think you and Greg are a terrific couple too! Woohoo to reaching 5000 miles, and :lol: to the bum ache! I’m with @canuk-gal, I think the chafing would be a no no for me.

I hope the injections help your DH @canuk-gal , poor chap. The competition was good, and you’ll be pleased to know your fellow Canadian Mitch ‘Moose’ Hooper won. He’s totally a freak of nature in terms of strength.

Oh no to losing power @marcy, but good score on the 2for1 trees! I hope your dental appt went well today and they didn’t find any problems.

IMG_0880.jpeg
It’s 101 degs here today, thank goodness for a/c and the pool!

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping cool and well :wavey:

Hello lovelies

Got home yesterday, how is it that a relatively short distance takes so long when flying’s involved?

Thanks @missy, we think you and Greg are a terrific couple too! Woohoo to reaching 5000 miles, and :lol: to the bum ache! I’m with @canuk-gal, I think the chafing would be a no no for me.

I hope the injections help your DH @canuk-gal , poor chap. The competition was good, and you’ll be pleased to know your fellow Canadian Mitch ‘Moose’ Hooper won. He’s totally a freak of nature in terms of strength.

Oh no to losing power @marcy, but good score on the 2for1 trees! I hope your dental appt went well today and they didn’t find any problems.

IMG_0880.jpeg
It’s 101 degs here today, thank goodness for a/c and the pool!

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping cool and well :wavey:

Good looking ladies!!!!!

Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy my periodontal appointment was okay. A few improvements and nothing of concern. My mouth is a bit sore tonight. We had on switch kick off in the fuse box from the power outage, but Marty figured it out tonight. It’s all good now. My pictures from my phone are always too big to post here, and I’m too lazy to go make them smaller. Gorgeous picture and yes, autumn is quickly approaching.

@Austina it does seem like flying somewhere is an all day event. It’s amazing how it can wear you out too. Or it does me. I am glad you made it home. It sounds hot there. We were in the 80’s today. I was happy they didn’t find anything at my dental appointment.

Since I was in town anyway, I picked up a bunch of groceries. When I got home, the big pile of rock was dumped outside and Marty got it all raked and shoveled in place. He planted one of the two new trees. His clients all cancelled tonight so we went out for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

GM lovely ladies! Happy wonderful Wednesday!

@marcy @Austina gorgeous photo! What beautiful ladies inside and out. Thank you for sharing :love:

@Austina flying is an all day event and I always disliked it for many reasons that being one. Having said that if you guys ever come back to NYC to visit please let me know and we will make plans. Or the Jersey Shore which is a lovely place to visit. Just saying ;-)

@marcy glad it went smoothly but sorry your mouth is a bit sore. I always tell them (if they are new and this week I had a new hygienist that my periodontist swore was gentle) who was new to me and she was great. I said don't be a hero LOL. She totally got it and I had no soreness whatsoever. Glad Marty figured out the fuse box situation. I hear you about the photos being too big to share. I have to take a screenshot to share them which is annoying but works lol. It's my hack I guess you could say. Does it degrade the photo quality? Yeah but I can post it so it works well enough for me but I am not a photo connoisseur like you

@canuk-gal have a lovely day and enjoy...hope you are having beautiful weather

@Slickk OK the switch got turned on and it is now autumn. Feels like late Autumn. OMG. When I went outside to feed the ferals this AM I felt I needed a winter coat and I am already worrying about their welfare when the weather gets truly cold. Greg said he would try figuring something out for shelter as they never used the other shelters Greg built for them and the ones we purchased for them too. We gave them options. We think the raccoons were destroying the inside of the shelters making them inhabitable but it's challenging to prevent that from happening. Raccoons are very destructive and mischievous too. Greg does not like them but I feel for them because they are living outside trying to survive like all the (wild and not wild because I do not consider the feral cats wild) animals. Have a great day and enjoy every moment of your freedom

Hi everyone else. We had a lovely cycling day yesterday and as promised hit 5,000 miles. We are a bit behind schedule due to Greg's knee surgery but I am pleased with our mileage given that fact. Today is another cycling day woohoo. Last night our zoom was fun and the time flew by. I want to savor each day but it seems determined to speed away from me. Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-08-21 at 6.00.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-21 at 6.00.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi again everyone. Just spoke with Joanne and she wanted everyone to know she misses all of you and she hopes to be back soon. Hugs to all XOXO ♥️♥️♥️

@MamaBee ♥️♥️♥️

Hello lovelies

You ladies are toooo kind! If you’re wondering why Marcy and I are looking up, it’s because Marty took the pic and he’s tall :lol:

Thank you @missy, I’m so glad to hear that @MamaBee is doing well, and it’ll be great to have her back posting again. No signs of Autumn here, it’s 105 degs today :mrgreen: Thankfully it’ll be ‘down’ to mid 90’s from tomorrow, and back in to the mid 80’s next week. I can’t believe how far you and Greg have cycled this year, especially in view of his knee surgery. Glad you enjoyed your Zoom meeting with your gal pals, it’s fun to catch up. I did have to crop the photo to get it to upload, but of course, the only important parts were @marcy and I :lol: I can’t believe we’re already 3/4 of the way through the year, it’s just galloping by.

Glad Marty got all the rocks in place @marcy, that’s a job I never want to have to do again! They make a huge difference don’t they? Nice that you got an unexpected meal out, always seems to taste better when it’s unplanned.

How’s your day going @canuk-gal ? Are you still working?

We got our dead tree removed today, they turned up while we were in the pool, and Colin said the guy was a real chatterbox and he couldn’t get rid of him! We were in the pool early because of the high temps and it was lovely, believe or not, the pool actually felt cold at 88 degs.

We’re off to Trivia tonight, always fun.

Hope you’re all having a great day, take care lovely NIRDIs :lol:

Good morning lovely ladies and happy terrific Thursday..another stunning weather day here at the Jersey shore

@Austina OMG I hope your temps cool down very soon and thank goodness you have a wonderful pool in which to keep cool and comfy . LOL 88 degree pool sounds just like the temps my parents used to keep expect they used a heater to keep it that warm and you are letting mother nature do the job. Glad your dead tree got removed and chatterboxes annoy me when I am not in the mood. Hope your trivia night went well

@Slickk hope you are having a terrific week enjoying every moment of these heavenly temperatures and dry cool air

@canuk-gal happy Thursday

@marcy looking forward to when everything is done in the new home and you can just relax...you're practically there. Can you believe how much has happened in a relatively short time?

Hey everyone else. Hope all is well
We enjoyed a wonderful cycling day yesterday and were out most of the day.
These are the purrrrfect temps and they won't last for long so we are making the most of them
Today is another repeat of yesterday...enjoy your Thursday doing what you love doing

Jimmy loaded on the ice cream again yesterday...he doesn't work every day and that's a good thing because if he did I'd be 200 lbs LOL
My ice cream is on the right and stacked very high lol. I am not complaining
Greg's favorite is back...blueberry pancake. I am sticking with strawberry and coffee yummmmm

Screen Shot 2024-08-22 at 6.46.28 AM.png

The beaches (and boardwalks) looking gorgeous as usual

Screen Shot 2024-08-22 at 6.48.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-22 at 6.49.10 AM.png

Enjoy a peaceful and joyous Thursday lovely ladies. Be well. XOXO

Hello lovelies

Well the predicted lower temperatures didn’t happen today, still 104 degs!

I can’t imagine with the amount of exercise you do, you’d ever be overweight @missy :lol: just as well, because that ice cream looks irresistible! Lucky you having such temperate weather, it’s supposed to be cooler from tomorrow, we’ll see.

Colin’s test went well today, and we should get all the results on Monday.

I hope you’re improving day by day @MamaBee and that time away is helping you @mrs-b.

Sending out big love & hugs to you all :wavey:

Good morning lovely ladies. Happy FriYAY. Another beautiful albeit warmer day at the jersey shore. It's going to be a wonderful cycling day

@Austina sending cooler temp vibes your way but not too cold. YAY Colin's test went well and fingers crossed for results you are pleased about and may all be A OK

@springerspaniel happy August...I cannot believe we are near the end of this month. All year I so look forward to summer and here we are summer flying by...I am holding on to every minute

@Slickk OOOOOhhhhhh!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

@canuk-gal happy FriYAY...hope you are enjoying August to the max

@MamaBee just another week..fingers crossed your maintenance infusion goes as smoothly as possible. We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We miss seeing you here and look forward to having you back very soon

@marcy good morning

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well. We cycled many miles yesterday and let me tell you when we got back home both Greg and I were exhausted. We are not as young as we feel we are inside our heads lol. But at least we persevere :)

Screen Shot 2024-08-23 at 6.55.37 AM.png

May your FriYAY be as sweet as you XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-08-23 at 6.57.43 AM.png

HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!

I see a severe thunderstorm watch is in effect. Say it ain't so! Last one that blew through here a few weeks ago, caused some major damage. Was so lovely and calm this AM, I had a nice ride. Went to look at a house for sale, then hit happy hour on my on as my family went to do activities I am not interested in.

@missy you guys are really cycling to the max! And I'm sure you could use 2x the amount of ice cream you eat!

@Austina hope Colin's tests are normal. Take it easy in the heat! And no, I haven't been working--but do have a shift next week.

There is a wasps nest that needs to be dealt with here.....:((

cheers--Sharon

Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I like the “don’t be a hero”. I’ll remember that for my next dental torture session. Yay for being over 5K on cycling. It does seem like fall already. I can’t believe it is almost September. The beach pictures are beautiful. Too funny you get extra scopes of ice cream.

Hi @MamaBee keeping you in my thoughts.

@Austina LOL Marty is tall. Rocks are certainly a chore. Marty is already looking for a tractor or something to spread out the rock around the house and under the RV. But the rocks out front do look nice. Glad you got the dead tree removed today. Stay cool in that heat. Glad to hear Colin’s test went well today and sending dust for good results.

@canuk-gal we’re getting thunderstorms frequently too. Did you see Devil’s Tower had large hail with a lot of damage? They closed it down for a few days. Crazy. Oh no to a wasp nest. Hope it’s safely gone now.

We had an astronomy meeting last night and since all of Marty’s Thursday clients had cancelled on him, we went to supper first and headed to the meeting. I’m nursing my right wrist, I think it’s carpel tunnel. It has kind of been bothering me knitting for a while, but it decided to yell at me a few days ago. The desk I use is too tall for me and I’m working on the computer 8-9 hours a day. And then I knit a lot a night. I’ve been icing it and bought a brace yesterday. I had several nice ones from breaking my wrist, but I threw them out when I was packing. Go figure. Icing it helps a lot, but since I’m always cold, that’s not something I relish doing, but I do. I found some exercises for it online and have been doing them. Bummer.

Glad it is the weekend. I do have some work to do and need to get the article for the local paper out on Monday.

Take care.
Marcy

Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal hope the thunderstorms weren't bad last night. I am not a fan of thunderstorms as you know. Scary. And I hate the damage they end up causing. I love house hunting and hope you enjoyed. And good for you doing happy hour without the fam since they were of doing something less fun. We are cycling our hearts out and lately I am glad to get home lol. We have been going approx 10 miles plus further than usual and I am feeling it

@marcy yes that is a good quote to remember "don't be a hero" LOL. Sounds like the astronomy meeting went well and sorry Marty's clients canceled but at least you got to enjoy dinner out before the meeting so that is sweet. Not so sweet about your wrist. I am sorry and hope you have relief soon. Consider getting a better height for your desk as that might help. I hear you about icing. I cannot do that due to my chilblains potential so I don't but yes it can help for sure. Hope the exercises you are doing provides relief soon. I am glad it is the weekend too

@Slickk happy Caturday Saturday...last weekend of freedom IIRC for a while but girl hang on...keep reminding yourself it's your last year woohoo. And woohoo for the beautiful bling on the way

@springerspaniel hope you are enjoying lovely weather and having a wonderful summer

@Austina fingers crossed Colin's tests come back A OK

@mrs-b hope you are enjoying sunny California and I think you are coming home soon but I am sorry I don't remember details...thinking of you

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well. I am procrastinating on working out and have to get going because the morning is slipping away from me. Enjoy a wonderful Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. Be well. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 7.22.24 AM.png

Close up...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 7.25.03 AM.png

May your Saturday be sweet and satisfying

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results