shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Hi NIRDI’s@

@missy I am with you - pick one time and stick with it. I hate to hear your test results and I don’t know what I’d do either on taking the medicine if I had no symptoms. No, you can’t make this stuff up. Your ice cream choices look delicious. Lovely pictures from your hike. How perfect to catch a deer setting on the stairs. That is awesome. LOL to a big foot sighting. I should do the same with Marty’s size 14 feet.

@canuk-gal I was intrigued to watch the Whale since Brandon Fraser won an occur, this character certainly wasn’t like any of his other rolls. I am kind of watching for the movies to show up on PPV to watch. The one you started sounds dubious if you didn’t finish it. Oh no to running out of popcorn. We often have a movie / popcorn night as well. I’ll try to keep upright. I just made lasagna for dinner and thought how easy it is to tear open a bag of cheese with two hands.

Yes, Happy Mother’s Day Austina! And any other mothers celebrating today.

One of my retirement plans was to take more pictures with my camera, so I played with it yesterday as well as took a few with Marty’s older Sony mirrorless DSLR to compare. The pictures between my camera and his were close enough it’s not worth worrying about which one is better. Marty would say HIS but my camera is white and matches my car. Plus, he’s a BOY and doesn’t carefully put lenses away in pouches, he leaves the lens cap off, leaves his camera and lenses just sitting around collecting dust. Nope, I don’t want to share cameras and lenses with him.

I did make one decision though - the lens he bought me for Christmas is probably going to be traded for a different lens. Ha! The best Canon lenses are called a L series and the one L series lens I have obviously takes better pictures. So I want to trade the new lens for a L series lens. Marty wants a different lens too so we are looking at trying used lens as long as they are rated as like new or minus like new. He’s in all the camera forums and watches videos all the time so this one place has a great reputation for being fair and accurate on used lenses. I pointed out I’d rather have new but I’ll trust his decision. He is a big on buy it nice or buy it twice. Maybe I should remind him of that.

We have friends coming over for lunch today. I made lasagna and Marty is grilling chicken and homemade garlic type sauce then putting it all on top of mashed potatoes. Since there will be six of us, I bought frozen mashed potatoes that you microwave then mash and add milk and butter. Peeling that many potatoes would drive my left hand crazy.

I did lift again today, 25 pounds presses, 27.5 pounds rows and 30 pounds deadlifting.

Take care.
Marcy

HI:

LOL @missy you finally found bigfoot! And those bloomy pictures made me a little jealy--hope to see some flora soon in Maui. I always buy tuberose when I am there. I could smell it all day long!!

Busy making Sunday supper. NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks for the Mother’s Day wishes.

No @mrs-b, nothing’s changed, we haven’t seen the baby since we was 6 days old, and Adam hasn’t changed the habits of a lifetime in not remembering it’s Mother’s Day either.

We had the landscaping done 2 weeks ago, we have pampas grass across the bottom of the garden, and Russian Sage and Muhly grass in the beds at the side. We planted up the bed in front of the pool ourselves, 4 specimen roses and 5 Yucca (of some variety I can’t remember) and some small Mondo grasses at the front. The plants are all pretty small ATM but are doing well. They should grow quite a bit this year, and hopefully will survive during the winter.

We’ve been raking the area by all the pool equipment, and hauled 13 bags of stone and laid that this afternoon - my back!

I hope all the lovely NIRDI’s are having a great weekend, will catch up properly tomorrow, as we’re just about to eat.

:wavey:

GM girls and happy marvelous Monday!

@mrs-b keeping you in my daily thoughts and continuing to send healing vibes your way. You have a long way to go but girl you have come a long way too. You rock in all ways and sending you the biggest hugs. And yes spring has sprung here despite 22F temps this morning lol

And OMG I am SO SORRY about what you endured at the hands of that evil nurse. I am so angry for you. That is unacceptable and I hope she loses her job. At the very least. :x2

@marcy wow size 14. Those are big feet haha. I hope you enjoyed a terrific time with friends yesterday and the menu made my mouth water. I LOVE lasagna. Good for you getting the lens you really want. Life is too short to settle. And wow on your lifting abilities so soon after your accident. You rock too

@Austina ugh I am so very sorry. No words here. That is not OK. First of all shame on Adam. Sorry but that is how I feel. He should honor you every day but also remember Mother's Day as you are a very important part of his life and gave him life. And as for not seeing your precious grand baby I am devastated for you tbh. It isn't OK. It isn't acceptable and I will refrain from offering advice since I know you do not need it. I am sending you so many hugs and so much love and hoping for a better tomorrow and that this situation gets resolved soon.

@canuk-gal hope supper was delish! And ha yes big foot indeed. And girl, I would be jealous of you getting to go to Maui if I wasn't so happy for you! Truth! You deserve a terrific vacation! And I agree. Love the smell of tuberose. Yummm

@bling_dream19 happy Monday and happy soon to be spring. Hoping you have the best week

@Slickk hello spring and hello nice weather and all good things. Hope this week is a good one and when is spring break? Hahaha

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well.

So even though my gastro is on vacation he responded to my message last night and did give me another lab requisition for that specific test so I can retest before I treat. I have a feeling I have chronic campylobacter but haven't gotten to share my thoughts with him yet since he is away. But did ask through the portal to repeat the test and he agreed. My question is would a short 3 day antibiotic course really help against chronic Campylobacter or would I need a different treatment. So will wait to ask him that until I repeat and get the results. And @mrs-b you are so right. You cannot make this stuff up lol

We went hiking yesterday but it was a short one as we also ran errands and it was cold. Today hoping (but not sure yet as it is literally freezing outside) we get to go cycling but we shall see. Tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to hit 60s but rain is coming on Wednesday so we shall see how cycling looks for the week. Anyway that is my not exciting update. Have a terrific week and a marvelous Monday sweet friends. XOXO

May your day be fresh and beautifu and colorful l and full of joy and peace and love

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 6.59.03 AM.png

Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry to hear of the hideous experience you had in hospital @mrs-b, absolutely NOT acceptable in any way shape or form :-o Absolutely don’t let the matter rest, if she did it to you, how many other patients has she also done it to? Thanks goodness she’s the exception and not the rule. As is you haven’t already had enough to contend with, she shouldn’t be in the caring profession with that attitude.

How on earth have you got Campylobacter @missy? It sounds horrible, and like @mrs-b, you don’t need this on top of everything else. Good to know the gastro is responding to you and has agreed to re-test. 3 days doesn’t sound like much time for the AB’s to work, but what do I know? I’m only basing this on my recent experience with a UTI when it took the whole 7 days to get it under control. Let’s hope they can get it all sorted out soon. Thanks for the kind words, as you can imagine, we’re devastated at the way things are, but there’s not a lot we can do about it.

Yum to lasagna @marcy, and yes to making your life easier with preprepared food when necessary. Wow to Marty’s size 14 feet, Colin is a dainty UK size 7 :lol:, but then he’s a big guy, so I shouldn’t be surprised. I hope work calms down and you’re able to get out and take more fantastic photos, although when it’s cold, I can appreciate why you’d prefer to be inside working. It’s cold here, but fortunately not freezing, and looks like things will be warming up from the middle of the week.

Cheers @canuk-gal, have a Pina Colada for me, I don’t drink much, but I do like those! Not long now, I bet you’re counting down the days.

We had a rest day on Saturday, it was too cold to be outside, but we had another trip to Home Depot yesterday (our second home these days) for more stones and a couple of small plants. We came back and levelled off the area where the pool equipment is, and then tipped 13 bags of stones on the area. It looks so much better and not mucky anymore.

Just got back from a trip to Costco, we had a cash back voucher so didn’t end spending an arm and a leg!

Having another rest day today, it’s only about 50degs outside!

Have a great start to the week lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Spring!

@Austina what color roses did you buy for your garden? I am very sorry about your ongoing family issues and how you both feel--but I will echo @missy . You guys deserve a lot better. No probs--I'll have hawaiian cocktail or two for you!!!

@mrs-b I am devastated at the treatment you received while hospitalized. Completely unacceptable and reporting and filing a complaint is the way to go. And of course , therapy. I suffered with PTSD after I was robbed, so I know who horrible it feels.

@marcy did you get your new tee-shirt yet?

I met my DS for lunch--he wanted to try the new chicken big mac and can report it is super YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't eat much of it! My DS had his and mine. LOL. Not much to report today--DH took the tax stuff to the accountant. Not looking forward to the damage--I never get a refund.

cheers--Sharon

Hi NIRDI’s!

@mrs-b I’ve been wondering how you are doing. I am delighted to hear your progress and you are doing and feeling better. I sure hate to hear that nurse was so nasty to you. I am glad you reported her. No excuse for that kind of behavior. I know it’s hard to deal with that kind of uncalled for behavior, but like John Wayne supposedly said “Don’t let the ba*tards get you down.” Big hugs to you. No worries, I am still enjoying what work I am doing. This summer, I may change me mind since I’d rather be outside taking pictures. We’ll see.

@Austina I’ve no words either on the family situation. That’s just plain rotten. Glad you’ve got so much of your landscaping done. I’ll be working on my flowers in about three months. Yes, I watch out for Marty’s shoes left all over the house, I certainly don’t want to fall again. I’ll have to get a picture of his foot some night and tell him I captured a photo of Bigfoot. Thanks to @missy for the idea. Darn that it’s cold there. It’s frigid here today but at least no snow. Nice to get out of Costco without spending an arm and a leg.

@missy the lasagna turned out good. I had far too much wine though. I plan on boosting the weight on the bar every time I lift. Wish me luck! That’s nice you heard from your gastro and can repeat the test. I hope the last test result was a false positive. Thank you for the picture of the lovely flowers.

@canuk-gal I will NOT try a chicken Big Mac then. I hope you got something else to eat. I did not order my tee shirt yet, but I should. That would be funny. I am with you on taxes, I’m dreading the news.

Dinner and cards with friends yesterday was fun. I believe we averaged about one bottle of wine per person. I had to hit the alka seltzer and didn't sleep too well. And it wasn't because I ate that much food. Go figure.

I had a dental appointment for a cleaning. He found a whole in my tooth but I think it's been there or was a little bump that maybe they scraped off today. Great. He didn't seem concerned after I said I think it's been there. Now, of course, I "think" I feel it.

It's freaking cold here again today but at least no snow in sight. Ssh, don't let Mother Nature know I said that.

I had a piece of leftover lasagna for lunch. There are two more servings left, so I think I'll freeze them for some other day.

And I only worked six and a half hours today. See, I took some time off - at the dentist.

Take care.
Marcy

This morning's spring equinox sunrise:
Sunrise Spring Equinox.jpg

Good morning lovely ladies! Happy terrific Tuesday!

@mrs-b thank you for your warm words of caring and support. I don't know enough about campylobacter as I had never experienced it before but I did read about it and wonder if I have chronic campylobacter but again not sure that even exists. Certainly someone my age should be able to shake it off so to speak but we know I have many underlying conditions which was why I was leaning towards taking the antibiotic but then realized if it is chronic would 3 days of antibiotic do anything? So I will retest. But not anytime this week as I have to go to lab corp to pick up the test tube so not retesting anytime soon since the weather is too nice to spend time going to labcorp and back just to pick up the test tube.

I also cannot believe the awful experience you had at the hospital under the very person who was supposed to look out for you and be there for you. I understand why you have PTSD from that horrible encounter and wish I could take that away. My heart goes out to you for all you have endured. More than anyone person should and certainly unreal for someone as kind and caring and lovely as you. Sending you big hugs and so much love across the miles. (((((((Hugs))))))))

@Austina aww yes I hear you. My heart goes out to you for dealing with this. It's so unfair. I know life is not fair but still I wish it was. You deserve so much better. Thanks for your wise words and yes I do not see how 3 days of antibiotics can knock out something that could be chronic. I hate second guessing my drs but why didnt he think OK she has no symptoms so maybe this is chronic and will be hard to eradicate. Sigh. I really really hate micromanaging so much in my life due to reasons beyond my control. Sounds like you accomplished a lot this past weekend and good for you. And yes to Costco cash vouchers. Love those and as you know that saying...gotta spend more to get more or something like that haha

@marcy gorgeous sunrise. I am mad at Wyoming right now but of course you have no control over your state. But boo to Wyoming. Yummm to delicious lasagna. Glad it turned out yummy and good for you and your weight lifting goals. Very impressive

@canuk-gal I hear you...I never look forward to tax time. Never. Glad you got to meet your dh for lunch but yuck on the new chicken sandwich not being good enough to eat

@springerspaniel I hope you are enjoying a good week and all is well

@bling_dream19 you are in my thoughts every single day...hoping to hear a great update soon

@Slickk spring has sprung and our weather with it so yay...making the most of this wonderful weather and hope you're enjoying a good week

@MamaBee hoping to hear a happy update soon

Hi everyone else. We went cycling yesterday and it was nice. A bit chilly but still great for mid March so no complaints at all. Today is supposed to hit near 60 woohoo and cycling is on our agenda. Have a terrific Tuesday. Sending love and hugs. May your day be as sweet and lovely as you are and be filled with expected and unexpected treats... XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 7.02.56 AM.png

@mrs-b this is for you...a strawberry delight

Hi NIRDI's!

@missy I know why you are upset with Wyoming. IMO - without trying to start a controversy - that should have never been anyone's business but the person and their physician. That's great the weather was so nice and you could go cycling today. Your ice looks delicious. I was debating what flavor to have for dessert myself - or should I do my 60 calorie bite? We currently have chocolate, vanilla and cherry chocolate chunk. I don't eat a LOT of it, but I do enjoy some dessert every day. My clothes keep getting looser, so that's all that matters.

I worked eight hours today. Chatted with some people at my old job. I guess they had a ransom ware attack about three weeks ago and still aren't completely recovered. The lady that replaced me is having fun building adult PPV events. The titles are often amusing though.

Two other ladies and I got volunteered for another new task at work. I was already doing about half of it anyway, but hopefully it means other than quick updates on the weekend, I no longer have to do much work on Saturday. We'll see.

It's been crazy windy here today but I only ventured outside once to see where a fire truck went that came flying by out front with lights and sirens on. It wasn't anywhere in sight when I walked out front, so I don't know what was going on. That was my BIG outing for the day.

Off to fix supper. Tomorrow is lunch with friend who is picking up Olive Garden for us. My thrill-o-meter isn't showing much activity.

Take care,
Marcy

Hello lovelies

We got a deep red colour rose, a yellow rose, a dark pink rose, and a rose that starts off yellow/orange and fades to pink @canuk-gal, don’t ask me their names, because I just can’t remember :lol: Yep, it stinks, but we live in hope things‘ll change. Your DH sounds like mine, he’ll eat anything:mrgreen:

Cold AND wet here today @marcy. I know we shouldn’t complain because we really need the rain, especially with all our new grass and planting. We used to go to a lovely Italian restaurant near where we lived, and they made the BEST ever lasagne, but try as I might, I just can’t duplicate their recipe. Glad you ‘only’ worked 6 1/2 hrs yesterday, that’s practically part time! :D Thanks for your kind words. What a fantastic shot of the sunrise, the colours are spectacular.

Hopefully you WILL get this latest issue under control soon @missy, I read up on the things that cause it, and it didn’t seem that any of the food items usually associated with it are things you eat. You certainly are a medical mystery, although I’m sure you just crave normalty! I definitely think this March is colder than last year, we were coming up to the house on a daily basis, and I don’t remember it being this cold or wet.

Really didn’t do anything today other than send Robovac around to do it’s stuff - that’s the kind of housework I like :mrgreen:

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be better and I can get out to walk with our neighbour.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

So sorry girls but the morning has gotten away from me and I do not have time for a proper post. But sending you all so much love and big hugs and all that good stuff. We had a great cycling day yesterday. We saw our favorite people and furry babies and had ice cream and the weather was purrrrrrfect. I will be back tomorrow with a proper post but you are all in my thoughts and sending so many good wishes your way for a terrific wonderful Wednesday. XOXO

Awww J loves G so much. It's a sight to behold :kiss2:
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 7.43.49 AM.png

Yes, you are seeing that right. M's daddy is wearing shorts. LOL too soon. Too soon hahaha
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 7.43.30 AM.png

And oh it was so yummy yesterday. It's always so yummy but somehow yesterday even better if that is possible lol
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 7.43.17 AM.png

Love you, be well. Enjoy.

I’m going to send you a message on IG @mrs-b

Hi NIRDI's!

@Austina your rose colors sound great. I never have luck with roses, I guess I need flowers that require less attention. I only worked 6 1/2 hours today too. Yay. I'm cutting back. Your new lawn and plants will enjoy the rain. I just heard on the weather channels parts of Texas could have severe thunderstorms tomorrow. I hope not.

@missy glad you had a perfect day cycling yesterday. And ice cream. BTW, I voted on vanilla last night.

@mrs-b I hope you are continuing to feel better.

Not much new with me. Lovely sunrise this morning with a bright sun pillar, but it didn't photograph well. Then it started snowing -vertical - that's strange for Wyoming. Generally it's horizontal. :lol:

A friend came over for lunch and we played cards. She picked up lunch for us including a piece of chocolate cake that we split. I saved half of my lunch for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

Hello lovelies

197D0A9A-7626-4A53-969A-C7F9DB2135D1.jpeg02BD0926-107E-4241-9380-DB07D429F50D.jpeg8D574B7A-BC85-48C4-A67E-38CCEA541DB5.jpeg3C680F78-9349-4E7C-A128-CA6F8F4A9EBB.jpegThese are the roses @canuk-gal and @marcy. We had lots of beautiful roses in England, so I’m hoping these will do well, and if they do, I’ll get more next year.

Glad you ‘only’ worked for 6 1/2 hrs today @marcy and had some fun with your friend. Your weather is absolutely brutal, and although we get extreme heat, and extreme cold, I think on the whole it’s less brutal than yours.

That doggy certainly loves Greg @missy, and the other one looks like he’s laughing, what a face :mrgreen: Glad you had good weather yesterday and out to cycle.

The weather here was much nicer today, we started off with a little rain but it cleared up and Colin and I went out walking. Our neighbour called round to ask if I‘d like to go to the Farmers Market so we went there, and after went out walking around the neighbourhood. It was 80 degs at 6pm, Colin went in the pool while I was out.

Feeling quite pooped now, so I’m off to bed to watch some TV.

Love and hugs to you all. :wavey:

GM girls and happy terrific Thursday!

@mrs-b as usual you and I are on the same page. Exactly. Sending you continued healing vibes and lots of love. How is Tim doing?

@Austina gorgeous flowers. Hope you had a good night's sleep

@marcy yummm vanilla is among my favorites. Hahaha vertical snow...how unusual for Wyoming. And yes agree completely. Government needs to stay our of our wombs. And medical health issues too. A new proposal that will most likely get passed is going to make my life super challenging in terms of getting my necessary hormones. I am SMH. It doesn't just affect me but literally hundreds of thousands of people. I have some choice words for the government. They s u c k in ALL ways IMO

@bling_dream19 hope the week is going well

@Slickk how are you and how's your family?
Hi everyone else. So a good friend of mine just came down with Covid. And she is very sick. So much for mild strains. This disease is so unpredictable. If you could please keep her in your thoughts and prayers...her name is Carolyn...thanks

We went cycling yesterday again and it was wonderful. Beautiful ride despite being a bit chillier and we had a love fest again with the furry babies. Next few days are not riding days as rain is predicted on and off despite today being in the high 60s with colder temps tomorrow and Saturday. We will make the best of it and hope you all do too. Enjoy!

Took a quick photo when we made a pit stop....The iconic Asbury boardwalk

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 7.23.56 AM.png

HI:

YOU GO @missy Haven't skipped a cycling beat!!!! What a mild winter you folks have been blessed with! Sorry about your friend with Covid. Healing vibes her way!

@marcy nice your friend brought you lunch! My dear friend brings me my favorite tea.

@Austina I'm sure you had a lovely garden in the UK--mild weather often supports that. In my old house--I had a very good spot for roses and Asiatic lillies, they thrived. My Mom's favorite rose was the peace rose which is kinda looks like your two colored version.

@mrs-b hope each day bring you much healing. I was at the Derm today about my eczema and got a new Rx. I don't know if heat or cold is a trigger for me...just very dry skin. I've already given up hot tub baths (my favorite), I guess I might have to give up alcohol as well!

@MamaBee how's the house hunting coming along? How is your Mom?

NIRDI shout out!!!!

I really enjoyed the World baseball tourney. I am in withdrawal! Baseball was my game growing up--so I enjoy these kind of competitions. Better get the butter chicken in the oven!!!

cheers--Sharon

Hello lovelies

We had peace roses back in England @canuk-gal. Sorry your eczema is flaring up, it’s a pain for sure. I was prescribed Efcortelan 1% for mine, it was really effective.

Our temps are pretty warm @missy, but this wind! It’s been howling all day long. Sorry you’re in for rain and no cycling for the next few days. Your poor friend, that’s the horrible thing with covid, you just never know how it will affect you. I hope she gets over it quickly, and recovers well.

We went shopping this morning, and just as we turned in to the estate, a light came on indicating a problem. I checked the alert and it’s saying everything’s fine, but my app is saying I need it looked at. I rang the garage, they can’t get the car in until 28th June :oops2: I rang another dealer, and we’re going in tomorrow. Have to get an early start and goodness knows how long we’ll be sitting there waiting for them to see if they can fix it. Seems like it’s always something!

We did some gardening this afternoon, trimmed back some of the plants and put in a couple of new ones, then I mowed part of the back.

Hey ho, please keep your fingers crossed it’s an easy fix.

:wavey:

Hi all..Sorry I haven’t written. I was in the hospital with extremely high blood pressure..191/114..Houses came up previously to that and my nerves have gotten the best of me. I‘ve been trying to chill myself out..My blood pressure is normally low normal even after stopping the blood pressure medicine..They can’t give me blood pressure meds or a beta blocker because at this point I have Bradycardia.
I have to see my personal physician today and then off to my house in Maryland. We have an appointment to see two houses tomorrow in Virginia. I don’t know what my doctor will tell me to do for this today. We’ll see..
Much love and hugs..

Dear Joanne I’m so sorry and hoping your appointment today goes well and your blood pressure is going down and you are feeling better. Big hugs and calming thoughts ♥️

Dear Joanne I’m so sorry and hoping your appointment today goes well and your blood pressure is going down and you are feeling better. Big hugs and calming thoughts ♥️

Thank you @missy..I’m like a little child. I get so excited about things..I have to try to not get too excited..:wink2:

Thank you @missy..I’m like a little child. I get so excited about things..I have to try to not get too excited..:wink2:

Girl, that’s what keeps us young imo…stay young at heart. You’re perfect the way you are. ♥️
But maybe meditation could help lower your blood pressure. Or heartmath. It’s very effective for many

Good morning girls! Happy friyay!

@Austina keeping good thoughts for you and your car. Fingers crossed it’s nothing. You’ve already been through the mill with your car.
The wind is almost always strong here. I like when it calms down but that’s rare

@canuk-gal thanks. Unfortunately no cycling today or tomorrow but maybe Sunday. We shall see.
Glad you enjoyed the he baseball tournament! Hope your butter chicken was yummy

@bling_dream19 happy friYAY!

@Slickk happy almost weekend!

Hi everyone else. We ran errands yesterday and this morning Greg dropped off my redo stool sample. Fingers crossed but I have a feeling is not going to be good. I definitely have something happening. But one day at a time right?

Enjoy a wonderful day! We’re going hiking. XOXO

E3F3BE87-3C48-406C-9B4D-9CD1ACEA25B9.jpeg

Ugh, got up really early to get the car to the garage, it was raining all the way there, booked in to be told that the car needs specialist diagnostics, which they can’t do for another 2 weeks, it’s a known issue, (although they haven’t issued a recall), and they’ll let me know when they can fix it. So we had to get a Lyft home and are going to be without the car for at least 2 weeks :x2 Peedoff.com

HI:

@MamaBee sorry to hear about your BP! Hope it is under control and that you are well.

@Austina the issues with your car read like a Monty Python sketch--deliberate waste of your time. I think I've said this before but it bears repeating!!

NIRDI shout out!!!!!! I did very little today other than eat a cheese burger and french fries!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina aww I am sorry, how frustrating! Are you going to rent a car? Some insurances cover for that. Hope your car is ready sooner than they told you

@canuk-gal good morning. We have a rainy windy cold day here so indoors we shall remain. Board games and such. It's not all bad though I do prefer nicer weather. Haha your day yesterday sounds pretty good...cheeseburger and fries yummmmm

@MamaBee how goeth the search? You are in my thoughts and I am sending lots of good vibes your way

@Slickk happy weekend! Any plans? Tomorrow looks to be a nice weather day but well today is not. Hope whatever you do is fun

@bling_dream19 girl, you are in my thoughts every day and I am sending big hugs your way

@mrs-b you too are in my daily thoughts and I hope all is going as well as possible sweet friend

Hi everyone else. We went hiking yesterday and it was a good strenuous hike and we saw wildlife and zero people besides ourselves. PUuuuuurrrrrrrfect as Princess Gracie would say :)

Leaving you with a few photos of a sweet sweet beautiful doe we saw as we were winding down on our hike

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.47.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.47.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.47.51 AM.png

And lastly because it is Caturday Saturday here are two photos of my good friends kitties. Awwww

ellanancy'scat.jpg

ralphcarolynscat.jpg

Enjoy a purrrrrrfectly wonderful Caturday Saturday no matter what you do...lots of love and big hugs to my sweet friends XOXO

Good morning! Today’s the day..but I’ll mention that at the end..:lol:
@missy I hope your stool test comes out normal. I understand about always waiting for medical results..but they don’t come back normal. That’s been my experience. When something comes back normal I don’t believe it..haha
I saw my doctor yesterday. She’s pretty new to me..because my wonderful..former doctor moved away. We’re bonding fast because I’ve had so many issues with my blood pressure and pulse. I’ve had blood pressure spikes before with my former doctor which is why she put me in a beta blocker. I don’t take it anymore because I developed Bradycardia..I just get really nervous or excited..It shoots way up. Otherwise I’m very relaxed..especially at home..It‘s when I get nervous or excited...it shoots up like a rocket. I’m a born worrier.
We went over my results from the hospital to see what we can do for it. I can’t take a beta blocker because my pulse is below sixty..I’m not an athlete or someone that exercises a lot so I’m not in shape to have a normal low pulse..My blood pressure started coming down after I lost some weight..so she eventually took me off all blood pressure meds. I was on them for over 20 years. They’re now normal but a little on the lower side. The doctor at the hospital didn’t want to give me something for my blood pressure even though it got to 191/114 because she was afraid when I calmed down I would pass out. I brought my blood pressure reading records TG..They just observed me..but made sure they ran a bunch of tests. Everything came back somewhat normal..haha..so they passed the buck back to my doctor. I decided I like my new doctor. She listens to what I say and I feel like we are deciding together what to do. So..The plan is that I should monitor my blood pressure daily. If it starts to spike I can choose from the array of strengths of Valsartan that I was on. If it’s a very high number I will take the higher dosage that day. If it’s over normal but not super high I will take the lower dosage..If it’s normal I will skip it..I can use them intermittently depending on how it is that day. I explained about being nervous and excited about buying a house..She agreed with everything that I have to do to get this accomplished is huge..so understandable that I would be stressed. She didn’t make me feel like a looney..
@Austina I never realized how much trouble it is to buy a car these days..and also the parts to fix them. I’ve been hearing of other people with the same issues! I would also be upset..My husband really needs a new car but he’s hanging on. We use our cars until they completely die. My husband will also throw good money after bad to keep a car running. It’s crazy. When a car that I’m driving starts to feel unsafe I start stepping up my complaining until he takes my car and I get a new one...:bigsmile: The only problem now is we always use my car..He thinks it’s 1950 and has to drive us everywhere..
Your neighbors sound so nice. I hope I have nice ones near me when we move..
I hope your roses do well for you! I just love them..
@marcy How’s your wrist feeling? Is it pretty much back to normal?
It’s so nice that your friend brought you lunch and cake..Yum!
@canuk-gal You had me at a hamburger and french fries! i would love to have some! I miss salty french fries!
I took a chance and bought a Tiffany band like I have in platinum in 18k yellow gold on EBay. It had the authenticity guarantee. I asked a person on EBay do they authenticate Tiffany. She said if the listing states it’s a Tiffany item they will return it if it’s not an authentic Tiffany. They won’t say it when returned..just that it failed. If it comes back with the words authenticated..then you can count that it is an authentic Tiffany. It came back authentic so I’m thrilled. I get it on Tuesday directly from GIA!
Hi to everyone else..
We may put an offer in on a house today..It’s gorgeous..We will offer full price because the market is so hot here..It may not be enough for them not to go ahead with the open house tomorrow so we’ll see what our realtor says. Wish us luck!

OMG @MamaBee GOOD LUCK today!!!!! Hoping it is your dream house and it becomes yours!
And I love your doctor too! You are in good hands and I am so happy for you! Maybe I need to go to your doctor hahaha
And thanks for getting how I am feeling but I am sorry you understand all too well...big hugs and much love

PS offer a bit more than full price...if this is your dream house and you don't want it to go to market to other competition offer just a little over ask..that's what I would do

OR offer ALL cash and that hopefully would be compelling enough so they don't want to list it and will sell it to you. Cash is King after all :)

@missy Thank you! We are going to do all cash..maybe no inspection since it’s a five year old house with flexible move in date..It’s a real competition here..
They even do a weird thing that you can let them live in the house until closing rent free..

Hello lovelies

I’m sorry I was so insensitive not to mention your health woes yesterday @MamaBee, I was just so peed off about the car situation. We bought new because we didn’t want any issues, and now this. We’ve only done 8000 miles in it so far, so not what we expected. I’m so sorry that you’re having so many issues with your BP, but glad that your new Doc is willing to listen and you can go forward with a plan. Moving is certainly a very stressful time, but it sounds like you may have found ‘the one’. Fingers crossed that this house is perfect for you and the transaction goes smoothly, you certainly don’t need any more stress. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

What a beautiful colour the grey kitty is @missy. Sorry your weather isn’t being co-operative this weekend, we’ve got wall to wall sunshine, so in the absence of being able to go anywhere, we’ll be enjoying the pool later. Hoping everything comes back A OK from your test, it’s an anxious time waiting for the results.

No harm in the occasional less than healthy meal @canuk-gal, we all need a treat now and then. You work it off quickly enough with exercise.

I hope you’re having a work free weekend @marcy, and that your wrist is feeling better by the day.

Sending healing thoughts your way @mrs-b.

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Good morning everyone!

@Austina - I'm so sorry about your car! When we had a Volvo station wagon, we bought it new and kept it until the service changes outweighed the value of the car. The whole point of buying new is to AVOID issues - or everyone would always buy second hand! So to have to return your car for repairs at *this* point must be incredibly frustrating. I really hope you get it back and in good condition VERY soon.
You mentioned a few days ago that you were going to reach out on Instagram - please do! If we're not already friends on IG, my ID is whitby2773 - please add me! There were a couple of things I was hoping to say to you, too, which would be better shared privately.

@missy - the green eyes on your kitty never cease to amaze me! Apart from being just nicer in general, animals really are so much better looking than us, don't you think? :)) I hope your results come back clear - and I know that's unlikely - but - for the love of all things holy - don't we both deserve a break?? Tim is about to schedule his next CT scan so we can see if the immunosuppressant has put his sarcoidosis into remission or even - (fingers crossed!) - started to reverse it. Man, I would love that for him. I'm glad to hear Greg is doing well, tho - what blessing. Hugs to you, AG - and much love. ox

@MamaBee - well, there was plenty in your recent posts to be a) concerned about and b) excited by! GOOD LUCK re the house! I love Virginia AND Maryland; have you ever been to St Michaels? Most beautiful collection of housing, tho rather out of the way. Re your BP issues - it sounds like you have labile hypertension? That's what I have, too, and when I was first diagnosed and in hospital (in my early 30's), my BP swung between 260/160 (the day I was diagnosed) and 70/40. Luckily, that last one was when I was in hospital, or I'm pretty sure I would have just fallen down where I stood. Anyway, suffice to say, I hope yours calms and stabilizes very quickly and this is one less thing to worry about - you already have so much on your plate, *this* you don't need! (And you're probably in MD right now - I hope S's driving didn't freak you out too much!!). And great news re your new band - I'm so pleased for you!

@canuk-gal - a burger and fries? Sooooooo jealous! I do keto now, which is probably saving my life, but is destroying my soul. I love desserts. Like - LOVE. And I love carbs. I don't eat them, but I love them. If your hamburger and fries, and Missy's ice cream, ever got together in the one location, I think my head would explode! How is work going? And which part of Canada do you live in? Have you started to see milder temps? I hope your new eczema prescription is working; cracked hands HURT. My previously smooth, youthful looking hands now look like crushed crepe paper, and the thinner I get, the worse it looks; that skin ain't shrinking at this point in life!

@marcy - how has the second half of your week been? I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your friend on Wednesday? Do you do work on the weekends as well? Or do you try to keep it Monday - Friday? And how is Marty? I know you were concerned that he seemed not 100% a few days ago. I hope all is well with your household. And I'm not even going to *ask* about your weather; horizontal snow - BAH!

Tim and I are doing "a freedom run" today. A freedom run is when you either take, or assist in taking, a rescue dog from where it was rescued to either its foster or new adoptive family. We drive for one particular English setter rescue, and today we're driving down to CT, picking up two beautiful dogs, and delivering them to the next driver in MA, who will take them on their next run - and so on. We've also put together a little bag of goodies for each dog. As a developmental psychologist, I used to hear horror stories of children going into foster care who would arrive with only the clothes they were wearing, or, at best, a sad little garbage bag containing all their possessions in the world. So, so the dogs wouldn't have that experience, Tim and I have put together 2 bags (one for each dog) of bright and shiny new things - toys and harnesses and treats - so they arrive at their new homes with their very own new things in hand. :)) I am crazy about animals - as all good people are - and want nothing more in life than a larger lot to live on, and a rescue cow. I love cows, and rescue cows are the most affectionate, loving, wonderful beasties in the universe.

My back continues to be stiff and to ache. I tweaked it a few days ago and it became a backwards step from which I haven't recovered, tho I'm sure it will over time. I'll continue to have inflammation for months yet, and hope I continue to make progress. Unsurprisingly (because I NEVER get to be 'health issue free'), my Crohn's has kicked in and is pretty bad at the moment. Crohn's is very sensitive to stress, and my life hasn't been easy recently, so my Crohn's has responded accordingly. The Entyvio seems to be going ok, tho I've been told not to expect much for 3 months, which is pretty hard going, as it's been less than 3 weeks so far and the inflammation is *not* great. We're keeping our fingers crossed, tho, and I'm REALLY hoping to get off the steroids, as I got a whole bunch of tests done last week and my kidneys are not coping well with this continual onslaught.

I have a new ring coming from DKJ - a peridot and diamond cluster. It was meant to arrive yesterday, but the UPS man didn't ring the doorbell (which is super loud), but knocked instead, and out house is very long. So if he knocks down one end, I don't hear it down the other. Consequently, no ring, and I have to wait till Monday. Worth waiting for, tho, so I'm happy enough.

Love to everyone else and I hope your respective weekends are going well; roast chicken dinner this evening, so Tim is happy!

Happy Saturday! <3

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP