shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Hi all! I’m just popping in..I’m at my son and DIL’s house in Virginia. We toured the house. It’s exactly what we want..except for some new finishes on the windows which are the big thing here..I can live with it..The realtor is putting together an offer. We don’t know if any are on the table at this point. So we wait..The open house is tomorrow so we hope they accept before the open house. I hope we don’t get into a bidding war. Please keep all fingers and toes crossed for us!
XO

Just wanted to share a photo of my daughter, and the (first ever) picnic she has ever prepared. This is for her new boyfriend, and she went allllllll the way with it! (See the rose on his plate?!) She took mineral water and ice as well, checkers to play, books to read and pillows and blankets for naps in the sun. And there's cookies and oolong tea to finish, too. :))

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 3.40.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 3.42.43 PM.png

@mrs-b I sent a message to that IG address a couple of days ago.

Fingers crosse @MamaBee

What a beautiful and yummy picnic! All my fave foods! She looks so proud and happy curating the wonderful banquet!

The offer is in..The seller’s agent told our agent that she really wanted to wait through the open house tomorrow to present the offer. He said he convinced her to do it tonight.…I’m having a glass of wine..:pray:

Good luck Joanne!!!! Fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!!!!!
♥️♥️♥️

:pray:

Someone else put an offer in..We went to Escalation. We told our agent to tell the seller’s agent that the escalation is only good until tomorrow 12 noon. After that it goes back to the regular price we offered in the beginning.
We have no idea what the other people offered. We went a good chunk over asking price. It will escalate to our cap. After that we won’t bid higher. I’ll know something tomorrow..I’m trying to breathe in and out.

Someone else put an offer in..We went to Escalation. We told our agent to tell the seller’s agent that the escalation is only good until tomorrow 12 noon. After that it goes back to the regular price we offered in the beginning.
We have no idea what the other people offered. We went a good chunk over asking price. It will escalate to our cap. After that we won’t bid higher. I’ll know something tomorrow..I’m trying to breathe in and out.

I hate this kind of dutch auction. UGH! But good for you for knowing your limits and sticking to them.

Thinking of you and hoping you prevail! ox

GM girls! Quick post and run...

@mrs-b good luck to Tim!!! I hope he is in remission!!!
Yes we all deserve a break. Seeing my mom's rheumatologist tomorrow and it's going to be a LOOOOOOoOOoooooong day.
But one day at a time and we are all doing the best we can...big hugs

@Austina keeping good thoughts that your car is ready sooner than expected. What a hassle

@MamaBee good luck! I hope you hear good news very very soon

@bling_dream19 hope you're having a wonderful weekend

@Slickk today's a nice weather day and hope it is by you too so you can enjoy the outdoors

@canuk-gal hope you're having a sweet weekend

@springerspaniel hope all is going smoothly and you are having a fun weekend

@marcy how are you doing and how is Marty? Hope the weekend is treating you well and work is non existent...only fun things today I hope

Hi everyone else. We are going to cycle today despite 20 mph winds
Has anyone ever heard of Moth Beans? They are very nutritional. Just ordered some organic moth beans and curious if anyone here has tasted them?

Have a wonderful Sunday girls. Sending love and hugs your way

Leaving you with some photos from yesterday as Princess Gracie was making herself comfortable on me lol

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 7.25.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 7.23.52 AM.png

princessgracieonme.png

She's very graceful (not) like her momma hahahaha

We didn’t get the house..We went $100k over asking price but someone else outbid us..I would have gone higher but my husband is stubborn. He knows I’m not happy with him. I did comps which came back that the house was a little underpriced so we had room. Here we go again..:cry2:

Ugh I’m so so sorry!
is it too late to put in another bid?

Ugh I’m so so sorry!
is it too late to put in another bid?

Thank you Missy..It’s too late..I’m soooooo upset with my stubborn husband. I told him the only thing we needed to do was paint the inside of the house with colors we liked. I love all the finishes..like I picked them myself. I wouldn’t have to tear out a kitchen like I did in Pa. That would have been enough to go over what they probably offered above our bid. He can be so frustrating.

I’m sorry @MamaBee, but if these other people wanted the house so badly, it’s likely they’d have kept going until you dropped out, or pushed you in to a situation where you’d paid way more for the house than you really wanted to. That’s what was happening here when we were looking, and we just weren’t prepared to pay ridiculous amounts over asking for something that wasn’t perfect. I know it’s frustrating and disappointing, but your house is out there.

HI:

@MamaBee i am sorry you are upset. I think the deal could fall through, as it is early. We had lots of heady offers on our place....then people backed out and only one remained. Fingers crossed they may change their mind!

cheer--Sharon

Thank you everyone..They won’t change their minds because at the get go they offered over our top escalation. We won’t know what the sale price is until thirty days when it becomes public. I think they must have gone significantly over the listing price.

Thank you everyone..They won’t change their minds because at the get go they offered over our top escalation. We won’t know what the sale price is until thirty days when it becomes public. I think they must have gone significantly over the listing price.

@MamaBee -

I'm so sorry, J. Big hugs to you - I know how much this stinks. ox

@MamaBee -

I'm so sorry, J. Big hugs to you - I know how much this stinks. ox

Thank you @mrs-b..I go between being mad at my husband and feeling like crying..I’m such a good coper..I don’t know why I’m taking this so hard.

Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina the colors of roses you picked are fabulous. Your flower garden will be lovely. Going to the farmer’s market with the neighbors sounds like a nice time. I bet it was hot in 80 degree weather though. Oh no to getting an error message on the car. That kind of stinks you have to leave it for two weeks. In an ideal world, since it’s under warranty they should provide you a free car to drive. I keep thinking of adding car rental to our insurance but I’m cheap. We sure got smacked then when Marty was out of his pickup for over a month. I was hoping to have a work-free weekend but did volunteer to proof a few things and add some new photos to some photo galleries yesterday. I was on call 24x7 with my last job so I am kind of used to it.

@missy yes vanilla is one of my favorites too. That is my favorite cake as well. As for politicians - the only comment I ever make are song lyrics - clowns on the left and jokers on the right, here we are stuck in the middle again. I hope you can add some more cycling miles between the rain. Love the pictures of the sweet little dear. And yes it sounds perfect seeing only animals and not people on your outing.

@canuk-gal that’s nice of your friend to bring you your favorite tea. What flavor do you like? I used to love an orange spice that Lipton made, once they stopped making tea, I’ve hardly drank iced tea since then. I am glad you enjoyed watching world baseball, darn you are in withdrawal now though. Do you like to watch MLB games?

@MamaBee I am so sorry you didn’t get the house. Big hugs to you. I hate to hear your BP spiked like that and I am glad to hear you are doing and feeling better. That’s nice your new doctor seems good and listens to you. I am kind of in the same boat about BP - I’ve lost so much weight my BP and heart beat are quite low, maybe they’ll put me on a lower dosage beta blocker on my next checkup. I worry about my pulse being in the 50’s, but like you when I’m stressed or drink wine or eat sugar - it spikes. I am keeping you in my thoughts. My wrist is probably over 90% normal. It’s achy and stiff at times and I can’t hold anything over about five pounds for long, but I am lifting again so that should help. Overall, I am thrilled with how quickly I’ve recovered. I no longer take things like zipping my coat, buttoning a shirt or peeling a potato for granted. I am excited to hear about your Tiffany ring and will look forward to pictures.
@mrs-b I hope Tim’s CT goes well for him. Originally I said I’d only work Monday through Friday, but as tasks have been added, it bleeds over in to the weekends. I do have to luxury of saying no, but if I’m home, I just take care of things that come up. I still say they like my work ethic, not my editing ability. They are good to me. Marty seems better this week. He doesn’t sleep well or long enough and eventually it just catches up with him. He took a few naps this week, but doesn’t seem as run down. Thanks for asking. And there is no point asking about our weather, my mom always said Wyoming has nine months of winter and three months of damn cold weather. And rain or snow, it is generally coming down horizontal. Why do we still live here? I totally love the freedom run, that is awesome. What a lovely thing to do. I hate to hear you tweaked your back, hopefully you recover from that soon and continue feeling better. Ugh to your Crohn’s disease flaring up. I keep you in my thoughts and hope you can get off those steroids. I will look forward to seeing your new peridot ring. They are such a lovely color.

We didn’t go to Denver on Saturday since the first 50 miles was black ice with lots of accidents, so we held down the couch and loveseat most of the day. I volunteered to proof a few things and add some new photos to our photo galleries, but other than that, I watched TV.
Today though, I've been productive. We went out for breakfast and picked up some groceries. Then I decided to clean out my filing cabinet. The top drawer was so heavy it almost tipped it over if I opened it all the way. That led to cleaning out and organizing the coat closet as you come in the front door so I could store my little telescope in there. And that opened up some room in the back bedroom closets where I threw out a lot of stuff. Then since the clothes rack is mostly empty I hung up my assorted tote bags getting them off the floor of the closet. It took me about 3-4 hours, but I feel like I got a lot done. I still need to go through that back room and throw things out, but I made progress!

Then I lifted and now I am working on laundry. I ordered Door Dash from Outback to be delivered in a few hours so I can enjoy a day of no cooking. Yesterday, I baked a roast and baked potatoes for dinner.

I dead lifted 40 pounds today. Did 35 pound rows and 27 1/2 presses - those weren't fun. I came upstairs and took Advil as soon as I was done.

Take care.
Marcy

HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@marcy good for you and the clean out! I always feel good about that. I really don't like every counter/surface and closet filled with stuff. My husband does tho....LOL I have to secretly throw out 5 year old clothing receipts he stashes away! My Mom did the same thing; she was a stasher!!

@mrs-b what a lovely picture of your daughter and her picnic! YUM! Our weather is 0C today--I think some precipitation is in our forecast. Not unusual to get wet heavy snow in the foothills this time of year. Messy, but doesn't last. Unfortunately my eczema is on my torso--easily hidden but clothing rubs. I've never had a flare this bad--considering I've only had eczema for a few years. Guess it was my "turn". How fun your dog run sounded! Love it!

@MamaBee when is your new ring arriving?

Not too busy weekend had a family lunch out yesterday--and I wasn't too happy with our food. An old fav place, but menu and food quality has really changed. Won't be returning. Did a bit of shopping with my DH--got him some joggers! He has the skinniest legs--so stuff needs to fit "properly". The wife "knows" what to get! LOL

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal that's too bad one of your favorite places to eat now doesn't have the same food quality. So many local spots we liked didn't make it through - or much past - being shutdown. One of the best places in town that had been here for over 40 years closed in 2021. Yes, it does feel good to get things cleaned out and organized. That was one of my projects in retirement, and that explains why I haven't got it accomplished yet. :lol: I hear you on the difference between you and your DH on saving things and clutter. I laugh at our bathroom sinks - my sink has five things around it and his sink is completely surrounded and encroaches on my half. I swear he saves every box from everything he buys. I'm good about saving receipts but at some point they just have to go.

Hello lovelies

How did the picnic go @mrs-b, it all looks so delicious :lickout: I hope the young man was suitably impressed with all Eleanor’s hard work, and they had fun.

:lol: Sounds like our bathroom @marcy, I put all my things away, and end up doing the same with Colin’s. It feels good to have a good clear out, my trouble is if I have space, I end up buying more clothes to fill it up! Yikes, the weather sounds really hazardous there, you certainly don’t need any more falls or accidents in the black ice.

That stinks @canuk-gal, what a disappointment to go to eat and find it’s all gone down hill. You’ll have to try lots of new places to find another favourite!

Hope you’ve had a good weekend @missy and the weather wasn’t too bad. It was wall to wall sunshine here, and we sat outside, in the absence of being able to go anywhere!

I’m sorry if I’ve sent you the pool pic on IG, I was fiddling around and obviously didn’t know what I was doing :lol:

We had a little ‘situation’ here. We noticed our neighbour had attached lights to our fences. Colin didn’t want to say anything, but I’m of the opinion that it’s better to nip things in the bud. This is the same neighbour, who at our initial meeting said he wasn’t getting fences, but was happy for us to pay for it. Anyway, I reminded Colin that he hadn’t even had the courtesy to ask us if it was alright, and I wasn’t happy about it. So, I sent them a message saying we’d noticed the lights and we’d like them removed a.s.a.p. He responded saying he’d remove them and was sorry for not asking :roll: I don’t see why we should feel bad about someone taking liberties.

The thrill-o-meter is in overdrive - I’m trying my self clean oven function for the first time today :mrgreen:

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a great start to the week.

:wavey:

Now I am thinking about rescue cows @mrs-b. I had not thought about this as a concept before. I hope Tim's CT shows remission!

Hi NIRDI's!

@Austina that is pretty rotten about your neighbor - he doesn't want to help pay for a fence, but he'll sure let you cover the cost - and then he uses it for lights. I'm glad you said something to them. The neighbor to the north of us moved in over a year ago and that house didn't have a fence. Our HOA only allows them on the back and side of house, so he had a six foot fence put in and whoever installed it (or at his instruction) NEVER bothered to consult with us so they installed it with a six inch gap between their fence and our fence. Weeds are growing in that gap like crazy and how the heck would you pull them? Also, we only have a four foot fence but that's because we were the first house on the block and at the time we had the house built, the HOA rule on fences by the greenway was they could only be four feet. My guess is they didn't put our fence to the property line, but what a mess that guys fence made for us. Also, it's not even with our side fence, it's further up on his house, so we get all the trash blown in to our fence. Plus, whoever installed the posts used our hose, not theirs, and shut off our drip system to our flower pots and most of our plants died before be figured it out. So, the moral to our fence stories are - fences may make good neighbors - or agitate the ones you have. :lol: There's nothing wrong with buying new clothes. I'm an enabler there. My thrill-o-meter is not showing much activity either. The cleaning lady was here and I moved to a recliner to work for a while and darn near fell asleep. What a comfy spot to work.

We woke up to snow. Shocking, I know. It's pretty icy out there too. I am doing a batch of laundry and going to heat up some leftover soup I had in the freezer for lunch.

Have a great day and take care.
Marcy

@Austina I am tempted to clean up Marty's side of the sink, but so far have resisted. Our cleaning lady gets a bit nervous about cleaning the man cave because Marty has boxes on top of his island and has a giant ladder in the middle of the floor down there. I reassure her it's fine, just clean around them. It's not worth fighting with him over it.

HI:

OH don't get me started on FENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Austina glad you spoke up. Some folks are dopes.

@marcy we had some flurries overnight and I think they might return? It is sunny at present, but chilly @-5C.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal I hope your sunny skies remained for the day. I am hoping we get some clearing skies because Jupiter and Mercury are going to be close tonight on the western horizon. I think Mother Nature is saying "Hold my beer!"

GM girls! Happy terrific Tuesday!

@marcy you amaze me. Lifting, working, being productive overall. Sorry you didn't get to go to Denver but it was smart to postpone due to unsafe conditions.

@Austina good for you in speaking up. I am glad you did. Doesn't sound like a very nice neighbor you have next-door anyway...I subscribe to the school of thought that good fences make good neighbors

@mrs-b I forgot to say how beautiful your daughter looked in the photo and what a wonderful picnic. Fingers crossed for Tim to be in remission

@canuk-gal hope you're having a good week

@springerspaniel how are the pups doing? Please hug them from me

@MamaBee your dream house is out there and you will find it and it will be yours...that one wasn't meant to be unless the potential new buyers deal falls through...keeping good thoughts that finding your dream house happens sooner than later

@Slickk hope you are having a good week...is spring break coming up soon? Any plans?
Please give Bear a big bear hug from me

@bling_dream19 thinking of you and hoping for a good update soon...big hugs

Hi everyone else. We saw my rheumatologist yesterday and he didn't run any tests because he said I wouldn't be feeling well if I had lupus so it wasn't necessary. I accepted that lol. I am tired of tests. But my blood pressure at the visit was 170/101. The NP checked twice and it was high both times. She waited 15 minutes between readings. The rheumatologist didn't mention it so neither did I because he wouldn't treat HTN anyway. I do not need another issue. Both my parents are on HTN meds though and it is in my genetics. I guess my healthy lifestyle matters much less than my stupid genetics. So I guess I will start testing at home again but didn't start yet because I am feeling anxious about how high it was so want to leave a few days between the visit yesterday and testing at home if that makes sense.

Also forgot to tell you my lab work came back and I retested negative for campylobacter. That's one good thing right? IDK if I had it (with no symptoms) and fought it off or never had it to begin with but yesterday the NY state department of health called me and wanted to talk about how I might have gotten it but I couldn't talk when they called so told them to call me back this morning at 8AM so she will. LOL the NYS dept of health and I are getting very close as this is now the third or fourth time they called me. Back years ago it was for mercury toxicity, then arsenic toxicity a few months ago and now campylobacter. Cannot make this stuff up. LOL. The rheumatologist said I am healthy so I am taking that and going with it. Though he knows nothing about all my positive tests. I have to write a book one day because it is so unbelievable IMO

And somehow amazingly enough we had the energy to go cycling when we got back home after the rheumatology visit and long drive. Greg had to fix something on the bike first and then we were off. He got an emergency call while we were out cycling (and 20 miles from home) due to some kind of spill in PA and they had to schedule a CC to discuss it but it worked out since they were accommodating and moved the call to later so we would be home. It went well and hopefully the water will be cleaned up for all the PA residents. But wow. How do these things happen. Sheesh.

OK that's my summary of the past day or so. Today we are hiking and looks like unfortunately most of the week will be either too wet or too chilly to cycle but we are keeping an eye on the weather as always.

If anyone is on high blood pressure meds I would love to ask you questions. I know nothing about this area and not really excited to become an expert with yet another health issue. I mean my weight is good, my diet healthy (no processed foods), my exercise routine consistent and I am very active, so it comes down to genetics. And my stupid type A personality which try as I do I cannot change very much at all. I have tried meditation and my ADD nature won't let me do. OK anyway have a wonderful day girls. May your Tuesday be terrific in all ways. Sending love and hugs and all good things. XOXO

Leaving you with a pictorial of our Monday
Driving in to the rheumatology office at the hospital in NY

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 6.34.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 6.34.54 AM.png

We got there 90 minutes early lol due to no traffic but he took us early and the new office was very nice...luxurious
Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 6.35.06 AM.png

And a few hours later (five to be exact) we were cycling our hearts out and loving being by the sea and smelling the fresh salty sea air. Nothing like it IMO. Pure bliss

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 6.33.43 AM.png

Enjoy a terrific tuesday lovely ladies and any gents reading. Be safe and well and have fun

Hello lovelies

At last some good news @missy that you don’t have campylobacter! Take the win that they don’t think you’ve got Lupus, you don’t need any more tests or any more things to worry about. Your BP sounds high, have you taken it today for a comparison? Hopefully you got out riding today and enjoying the scenery.

Seems like a lot of people don’t have the common sense they’re born with @marcy! What a ridiculous place to stick the fence knowing there’s no way to get to the weeds that you just know are going to grow there. When we came home the other day, the person who’s bought the corner house (directly behind ‘the neighbour’) was having a fence put up, so he went out to check they weren’t trying to add on to ours. During a conversation, said neighbour mentioned how lucky they are to get 2 sides of fencing free. I won’t tell you what was going through my mind to reply, but I held my tongue, and I’m sure you can guess what I was thinking! I totally agree about good fences making good neighbours, our neighbours the other side are just lovely and we were more than happy to go halves on our joint side fence.

I’m sorry @mrs-b I missed the bit about Tim, I do hope everything’s come back A-OK for him. How’re you feeling? I hope the doggy transport went well and they’re now settled in to a lovely new home.

Oh my gosh @canuk-gal I can’t believe you and @marcy are getting snow. It’s been warm but very windy here today, I shouldn’t complain because it certainly beats snow or -5 temps! You must be getting excited about your upcoming trip and looking forward to some sun and warmth.

How’re things with you and the pups @springerspaniel ?

Not much going on here, I did some cleaning, and Colin had a Dr’s appt this afternoon. His legs have been hurting when he gets up, so he’s gone to get checked out. I’m just waiting for him to get back.

FT our friends tomorrow morning, they’ve just put their house on the market so they can move closer to their daughter who’s just had a baby. Selfishly, I’m upset because if they move, it’ll mean they won’t be coming to visit this year.

Too windy to sit outside today or use the pool, so have been watching Poirot, David Suchet is perfect in the part.

Love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Hi NIRDI's!

@missy I hate to hear your BP was so high. You do everything right to take care of your health. That's good they didn't want more tests. I am sorry you get weird things that draw the attention of the NYC health department. That's the kind of "special" no one wants, right? I am on a beta blocker. I take metoprolol, I take the smallest dosage which is 25 mg. I do well with it. The PA put moved me up to 50 mg because I had high readings when she saw me, but I definitely have white coat syndrome. I always have. The 50 mg was way too high, it made me jittery and my BP and pulse were really low and I felt rundown. Since I've lost so much weight, my BP is generally good. Marty is on a BP med that is only 10 mg and does well with it. You can ask me any questions you want. Or text me. Glad you were able to go cycling. I had to hear about a spill in PA that Greg had to address. I hope it's not a bad spill for those living there. Beautiful sunrise heading to your appointments.

@Austina yes, some people. Glad the other neighbors are nice. I can't believe (okay I can but . . . ) that guy actually said he's glad to get two sides of fence free. Wonder how soon he'll find up the back fence? That gap between our fences was really a stupid idea. I figure if the HOA ever sends us a letter about the weeds - I'll point a finger at the neighbor who caused the issue. Probably not, but I'd like too. I hope Colin's appointment went well. I didn't send the wind your way, we still have it here.

Marty had to work late last night, and got to bed at 4 a.m. Sadly, he's doing the same thing tonight. I wonder if he's heading to the gym at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning?

I slept in a bit, mostly because my office is by the spare bedroom he was sleeping in and I hated to wake him. I still worked eight hours today. I stopped in time to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I'm taking a friend to lunch tomorrow and her birthday is Saturday. I first thought of ordering cupcakes to take, but decided I know she'd rather have cookies. Her mom and daughter are coming to lunch too, so I'm taking them all cookies just to get rid of most of them. Of course, I tested a few to make sure they were edible.We are trying a new pizza place in town.

I tried - in vain - to see Mercury and Jupiter tonight. I did enjoy a lovely sunset since those low clouds were probably covering up the two planets.

Take care.
Marcy

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP