shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

i share a birthday with this sweet little princess
1702758787050.png
Queen Jetsun Pema and King Jigme Khesar of Bhutan announced the name of their newborn daughter on social media. The royal couple welcomed their third child on Sept. 9 and shared her name with the world after a special Buddhist naming on Saturday.
“Her Royal Highness the Gyalsem has been named Sonam Yangden Wangchuck,” the Queen, 33, and King, 43, announced in coordinating posts on Instagram, sharing a photo of the sleeping newborn snuggled up in a floral blanket
“Sonam is a Bhutanese name denoting merit, longevity and good fortune. The name Yangden, meaning precious jewel, signifies prosperity and wellbeing,” the post read. Wangchuck, meanwhile, is the family’s dynastic name; in Bhutan, only members of the royal family have traditional surnames.

omg omg omg omg
its small
but its a brooch :kiss2:
1702757995220.png
1702758031785.png

The Queen got into the festive spirit as she brought Christmas cheer to youngsters at a children's hospice earlier.
Wishing everyone "a very Happy Christmas" she toured Charlton Farm Children's Hospice on the outskirts of Bristol.
Queen Camilla met four-year-old Kitty Jones, who was dressed for the occasion in an Elsa dress from the film Frozen.
Kitty and her parents, Georgina and Dave Jones, were helped by the hospice after a bereavement.
Bending down to meet her and to examine the fabric of her gown, the Queen told Kitty: "Don't you look pretty.
"Isn't that lovely and your necklace and a crown as well."
:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

And it's new!

i share a birthday with this sweet little princess
1702758787050.png
Queen Jetsun Pema and King Jigme Khesar of Bhutan announced the name of their newborn daughter on social media. The royal couple welcomed their third child on Sept. 9 and shared her name with the world after a special Buddhist naming on Saturday.
“Her Royal Highness the Gyalsem has been named Sonam Yangden Wangchuck,” the Queen, 33, and King, 43, announced in coordinating posts on Instagram, sharing a photo of the sleeping newborn snuggled up in a floral blanket
“Sonam is a Bhutanese name denoting merit, longevity and good fortune. The name Yangden, meaning precious jewel, signifies prosperity and wellbeing,” the post read. Wangchuck, meanwhile, is the family’s dynastic name; in Bhutan, only members of the royal family have traditional surnames.

The Royal Family of Bhutan is beyond sweet, cute, and adorable! Queen Jetsun is stunning and serene!

some unseen footage from the corrination that will be in that doco the Brits will see on xmas eve
i expect we will eventually get in here .....

I noticed yesterday that a familiar jewel (or rather it's replica) is set to make an appearance on The Gilded Age.
1703165693165.png
1703165707479.png

The tiara is an almost exact replica of a 1890's Faberge tiara featuring pear- and briolette-cut diamonds given by Alexander II of Russia to Empress Josephine of the French. The diamonds stayed with the Leuchtenbergs until around the First World War, after which it was purchased by King Albert and Queen Elizabeth of the Belgians for their second son, Prince Charles, Count of Flanders.
The Count, who never married, left the tiara to his sister Queen Marie-José of Italy in 1983. The tiara was put for sale in 2007 by her daughter Princess Maria-Gabriella. It was purchased by Artie and Dorothy McFerrin and currently resides in the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
1703166127572.png1703166143752.png

As you can see, the original is much smaller than the prop used in the TV series.1703166209291.png

I noticed yesterday that a familiar jewel (or rather it's replica) is set to make an appearance on The Gilded Age.
1703165693165.png
1703165707479.png

The tiara is an almost exact replica of a 1890's Faberge tiara featuring pear- and briolette-cut diamonds given by Alexander II of Russia to Empress Josephine of the French. The diamonds stayed with the Leuchtenbergs until around the First World War, after which it was purchased by King Albert and Queen Elizabeth of the Belgians for their second son, Prince Charles, Count of Flanders.
The Count, who never married, left the tiara to his sister Queen Marie-José of Italy in 1983. The tiara was put for sale in 2007 by her daughter Princess Maria-Gabriella. It was purchased by Artie and Dorothy McFerrin and currently resides in the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
1703166127572.png1703166143752.png

As you can see, the original is much smaller than the prop used in the TV series.1703166209291.png

a shame it didnt go into the Belgiun vault

on the topic of 80th birthdays
I dont remember the Queen mum looking so young, but i was like not quite 9 and Diana was soon to be everywhere
i just brought this
check out the jewles
HM is not faded, its just the photo from the sale (only $5)
1703369394216.png

im looking forward to The Princess of Wale's together at Christmas on Xmas night here -im thinking it will be after the KIng's speech
i rewatched last year's one yesterday and really enjoyed it even though i didn't know some of the performers-loved the Ukrain school choir
but this needed pearls
1703385354556.png

im looking forward to The Princess of Wale's together at Christmas on Xmas night here -im thinking it will be after the KIng's speech
i rewatched last year's one yesterday and really enjoyed it even though i didn't know some of the performers-loved the Ukrain school choir
but this needed pearls
1703385354556.png

The Miu Miu red cardigan has pearl incrusted buttons, so technically she's wearing pearls...:lol:
download.jpeg.jpg

i see a brooch on Queen Cam .......

for those of us who live in countries where this has not screened yet (we will probably get it at Easter )
in the first 20 min is the bit with the crown jewler working on the crowns

for those of us who live in countries where this has not screened yet (we will probably get it at Easter )
in the first 20 min is the bit with the crown jewler working on the crowns

I watched the docu earlier today and found it really interesting. The bits with the Crown Jeweller were very interesting, indeed.

from Christmas broadcast 1957
1703704255550.png
do you think HM is wearing an anklet ?

1703704318354.png

Oh my gosh, that is what it looks like! I don't know why, but it tickles me and warms my heart that she would wear one. I only know her as an older woman, more stogy in dress. This reminds me that she was really just a normal woman at heart, regardless of the prestigious role she bore.

even though NZ is on the tomorrow side of the date line we are always behind with tv
its new year's eve finally seeing the royal variety performance
i loved Bradley Walsh's plural of royal highness being royal highni as in cacti

and no wonder the royal variety performance is no longer a tiara even
who is Paloma ? and why did she think it was appropreate to 'air her clam' out in the company of Prince William and Prince Daniel ?
Also Victoria's jewlery was even worse on the telly than it looked in still photography
very sad when one thinks of the depth of the Swedish royal vault
1704008271230.jpeg

About Princess Victoria's jewellery: except for the link chain necklace which is 18 kt yellow gold, all her jewels are gold plated brass; earrings are by French brand Lalique, necklaces and bracelet by Swedish brand Toteme.

2023-1130-02-variety1.jpg

Attachments

• 2023-1130-02-variety11.jpg
    2023-1130-02-variety11.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 10768600-boucles-oreilles-gold-pm-Add1.jpg
    10768600-boucles-oreilles-gold-pm-Add1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
  • TOTEME_CREW-NECK_CHAIN_PS24_FINE_JEWELRY_241-WJF2156-AC0003_CREW-NECK_CHAIN_18KT_GOLD_1_GB_ac7...jpg
    TOTEME_CREW-NECK_CHAIN_PS24_FINE_JEWELRY_241-WJF2156-AC0003_CREW-NECK_CHAIN_18KT_GOLD_1_GB_ac7...jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1
  • TOTEME_GOLD_PLATED_CHOKER_PS24_FASHION_JEWELRY_241-WJQ2922-AC0002_GOLD_PLATED_CHOKER_GOLD_005_...jpg
    TOTEME_GOLD_PLATED_CHOKER_PS24_FASHION_JEWELRY_241-WJQ2922-AC0002_GOLD_PLATED_CHOKER_GOLD_005_...jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1
  • TOTEME_SIGNATURE_BRACELET_PS24_FASHION_JEWELRY_241-WJQ2140-AC0006_SIGNATURE_BRACELET_BLACK_1_G...jpg
    TOTEME_SIGNATURE_BRACELET_PS24_FASHION_JEWELRY_241-WJQ2140-AC0006_SIGNATURE_BRACELET_BLACK_1_G...jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
About Princess Victoria's jewellery: except for the link chain necklace which is 18 kt yellow gold, all her jewels are gold plated brass; earrings are by French brand Lalique, necklaces and bracelet by Swedish brand Toteme.

2023-1130-02-variety1.jpg

im 'liking' the effort you put into your post (thank you)
not what HRH is wearing
sigh
i just dont get this
i mean their dresses and shoes plus bags would have cost goodness knows how much
i kind of get where the Wales are coming from with the cost of living crisis
but the trash newspapers still add up the cost of the clothes

something from the vault is already paid for
i mean vaults contain some modest (but quality) pieces as shown by Queen Camila this year wearing very old pieces from when Queen Elizabeth was young

or wear pearls, much harder for the newspapers to value

i guess when it comes to royal jewles im more a Queen Sofia than a Princess Catherine

OMG Queen Margrethe is going to abdicate soon
being a subject of the BRF i just do not get this
but im sad if HM's heath is the cause
1704052001710.png

I was just coming to post that @Daisys and Diamonds. Sad as it is, it probably means we’ll be seeing even more jewels on the future Queen.

I was just coming to post that @Daisys and Diamonds. Sad as it is, it probably means we’ll be seeing even more jewels on the future Queen.

i know it sometimes seemed unfair to King Charles that he had to wait so long but im sure our Queen was content for God to deside when her reign was up
Charles did keep him self busy and very productive with his Prince's (now KIng's) trust and his enviromental work
i cant get my head around abdication
but i'll say this for it
it was lovely to see Beatrix happy and smiling at WIllham-Alexander's inauguration
i just hope that Daisy will not have to revert to being a princess

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP