shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Wait, sorry I’m not following. Why did you send to AGL? It came with a reputable report. And if it has a window and you’re displeased, can you not return it? You might be better off cutting your losses than trying to unmount and recut and reset.

I’m also confused but more about the part of the vendor offering a credit. A partial credit because of the window? Or do you mean a store credit if you decided to return it altogether?

It’s so pretty @Mrsz1ppy I’m sorry you’re not 100% happy. I am just wondering if you have removed it from the bezel, as we have recently read/shared here that remounting in bezels is not easy and in some cases impossible.

Wait, sorry I’m not following. Why did you send to AGL? It came with a reputable report. And if it has a window and you’re displeased, can you not return it? You might be better off cutting your losses than trying to unmount and recut and reset.

Yes, it did come with a great report, but no origin. That’s why I sent it in. I can return it for a credit, but I don’t want a credit. That is not cutting my losses. I am thrilled it is from Madagascar—I think the colors from there can be extraordinary and are underpriced. I have been looking for a green-blue sapphire for years after discovering the pitfalls of using a Paraiba in a ring, which is just too soft for me to wear. All the stone needs to be exceptional is a recut. It will go from 6.03 to somewhat around 5.50 carats, but I’m ok as long as it stays above the 5 carat mark.

I paid $1000/ct, so that will change with the weight loss, but I think an excellent cut will help the value, so it will be a wash.

With colored stones, the color and treatment are the most important factors to me, because I can’t change them. AGL confirmed to me over the phone that this is an extraordinarily good stone. The cut can be fixed.

I am detailing my thinking process and actions to share with the community that has taught me so much. The recut will be around $300.

It’s so pretty @Mrsz1ppy I’m sorry you’re not 100% happy. I am just wondering if you have removed it from the bezel, as we have recently read/shared here that remounting in bezels is not easy and in some cases impossible.

I suppose that depends on your jeweler and the material. Platinum in my experience is easier to work with than gold. And this is not my local bench’s first rodeo doing this for me.

Yes, it did come with a great report, but no origin. That’s why I sent it in. I can return it for a credit, but I don’t want a credit. That is not cutting my losses. I am thrilled it is from Madagascar—I think the colors from there can be extraordinary and are underpriced. I have been looking for a green-blue sapphire for years after discovering the pitfalls of using a Paraiba in a ring, which is just too soft for me to wear. All the stone needs to be exceptional is a recut. It will go from 6.03 to somewhat around 5.50 carats, but I’m ok as long as it stays above the 5 carat mark.

I paid $1000/ct, so that will change with the weight loss, but I think an excellent cut will help the value, so it will be a wash.

With colored stones, the color and treatment are the most important factors to me, because I can’t change them. AGL confirmed to me over the phone that this is an extraordinarily good stone. The cut can be fixed.

I am detailing my thinking process and actions to share with the community that has taught me so much. The recut will be around $300.

Go for it! This stone is beautiful, and I can’t wait to see the end result! I am a firm believer that you cannot put a price on having a piece you truly adore, and if a $300 cut and a reset make it that, then it’s worth every penny! ❤️

I’m also confused but more about the part of the vendor offering a credit. A partial credit because of the window? Or do you mean a store credit if you decided to return it altogether?

I took it to mean a store credit. I’d love a partial credit for the loss of weight, but that was not on offer. I just got offered a compliment, that I must be a connoisseur! And he finally agreed that windows are not nuanced!

@Mrsz1ppy Start a thread in colored gems so we can follow your journey! I do agree with sapphires, it's literally about finding the right stone for you and enjoying the process. Just be careful about the recutting --

Does anyone on here remember the user that got a honker of a sapphire from an instagram dealer, and then was ultimately less than thrilled with the recut? It was from sincityfinds or gildedlane, I think. A big, purple blueberry sapphire.

I love reading all about your jewel journeys :)

Please show us pics!!!!!

Yes, we need pics, whomever you are!!!!

Y'all, it's still available! Someone buy itttt, puh-leeeese!!!

Well it wasn’t me! Just for perspective, that ring might be a great deal for what it is, but that’s almost as much as I paid for my car several years ago :lol:

True, but can you wear it for a lifetime? At least that’s how I justify my jewelry budget to my husband :lol-2:

If I am ever wearing my car then I‘m probably not sharing on PS anymore! Let’s hope that day never comes :lol:

Sorry, dark humor, can’t help myself.

Dying over this, my God that rosey brown one is just so good. Dolly finds some incredible things. Even if you aren’t in the market, just go watch the video, for…..science! :lol:C545CCCC-A334-4498-B9EE-FF4AE819FA04.jpeg

D2F2E52A-125B-4BAB-8BD5-BD8FBA90170A.jpeg

Dying over this, my God that rosey brown one is just so good. Dolly finds some incredible things. Even if you aren’t in the market, just go watch the video, for…..science! :lol:C545CCCC-A334-4498-B9EE-FF4AE819FA04.jpeg

D2F2E52A-125B-4BAB-8BD5-BD8FBA90170A.jpeg

Agree, and this setting is lovely. She’s been killing me with all of her stuff lately. Those loose stones…..MAN would I love to make something with them.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP