shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Found this on FB Marketplace, this is in Rhode Island, so may be worth reaching out if you are close. I think I see bows on the sides which might indicate a Belle Époque ring. Obviously proceed with caution but it could be a find for someone:

23AA91F6-670B-4AAD-A3D7-1FEC29323BFC.jpeg

42449A47-1138-4F28-B866-C67A3FA76F0B.jpeg

If that's legit it's a great price even if all emeralds are synthetic.

If that's legit it's a great price even if all emeralds are synthetic.

Right? I’m hoping that it’s a legit listing, maybe she just doesn’t know what what that ring is worth. I think a lot of people just look at vintage and antique as ”grandma jewelry” and think it’s not desirable.

Right? I’m hoping that it’s a legit listing, maybe she just doesn’t know what what that ring is worth. I think a lot of people just look at vintage and antique as ”grandma jewelry” and think it’s not desirable.

I agree

Oh wow! I’m always amazed to see how much resellers mark things up.

Nooooo! I bet it's so mich more expensive now!
I remember this ring! Someone posted it to this thread a while back.

PA.png

Do you know how long ago in this thread? I want to go back and look lol. I started scrolling, but got overwhelmed quickly. It’s so funny because I think I even saw it but thought pretty but not mind blowing. One thing about maven is that she is great about shooting and showing the full potential of the stones.

Tiny finger size, can you imagine how big this looked on a size 2 1/2?!

This was the original post from August. A lot of people here were wondering who bought it - mystery solved! Lol

The photos are gone from the Pawn America listing, maybe by request? They don't usually take their photos down.
Do you know how long ago in this thread? I want to go back and look lol. I started scrolling, but got overwhelmed quickly. It’s so funny because I think I even saw it but thought pretty but not mind blowing. One thing about maven is that she is great about shooting and showing the full potential of the stones.

This was the original post from August. A lot of people here were wondering who bought it - mystery solved! Lol

The photos are gone from the Pawn America listing, maybe by request? They don't usually take their photos down.

Omg yes I do remember bc of the crazy small size!!! Thank you! And that’s what I remember even though it was a good deal it would cost a bit to redo in order to fit ha ha

You know, I have purchased one or two things from them and the photos are gone, even for me when I log in.

You know, I have purchased one or two things from them and the photos are gone, even for me when I log in.

I see. That was just speculation on my part - other listings posted around the same time still had their photos, even if the piece sold.

@lovedogs, yup, I saw this too and thought about sharing but for some reason didn’t :twisted2:

It is really charming.

@lovedogs, yup, I saw this too and thought about sharing but for some reason didn’t :twisted2:

It is really charming.

Grrrrr I just want to buy it! But I feel like the prongs are eating the diamond so I'd want DK to change the prongs (which likely means changing the head), which of course means more $$

Grrrrr I just want to buy it! But I feel like the prongs are eating the diamond so I'd want DK to change the prongs (which likely means changing the head), which of course means more $$

I was thinking the same thing about the prongs but oh so pretty!

They are a bit much I agree. I could maybe overlook the prongs, but if it would bug you then….

This same seller had a gorgeous ring yesterday with a yellow diamond center (old cut) and it took everything I had not to buy it.

E5E85212-65C3-4316-904B-FAC3B5C8505C.jpeg

They are a bit much I agree. I could maybe overlook the prongs, but if it would bug you then….

This same seller had a gorgeous ring yesterday with a yellow diamond center (old cut) and it took everything I had not to buy it.

E5E85212-65C3-4316-904B-FAC3B5C8505C.jpeg

Hahahah me too! I almost bought the yellow one!

I sent the ring straight to AGL for another Report with origin so I don’t have it yet. When I do, I’ll post pictures for you! Love your floral motif earrings.

I got the ring back from AGL. No heat, green-blue, Madagascar origin. All good news. The bad news is the huge window! Lesson learned. Ask for a video from any online vendor. The color and crystal are very good, so I am sending for a re-cut. The vendor offered a credit. IMG_8496.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2315.png
    IMG_2315.png
    278 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2316.png
    IMG_2316.png
    484.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2317.png
    IMG_2317.png
    522.3 KB · Views: 80
@Mrsz1ppy Would you say the color is anything close to the vendor's photos? Will you keep it in the same style ring or do something different? It's a great size!

I got the ring back from AGL. No heat, green-blue, Madagascar origin. All good news. The bad news is the huge window! Lesson learned. Ask for a video from any online vendor. The color and crystal are very good, so I am sending for a re-cut. The vendor offered a credit. IMG_8496.jpeg

It’s very overcast here, so the light isn’t great at home for pictures. At my local jeweler’s lights, yes the color looks amazing. You first wonder if it is a tourmaline. I do like the setting so hope it will still fit. But once you see the window, that’s all you see!

Wait, sorry I’m not following. Why did you send to AGL? It came with a reputable report. And if it has a window and you’re displeased, can you not return it? You might be better off cutting your losses than trying to unmount and recut and reset.

You will not find a better price on this Diana style sapphire, and this is coming from someone who hunted for 2 years and then disassembled 2 rings to get to this look.

1705152312734.png

Last edited:
Wow, the color is so different compared to the vendor pics. Personally I'd get a refund before paying to unmount and recut

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP