shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

I did. I actually forgot I did, because I’ve been focused on my big ring this week. Ha!

First impression wasn’t a wow, but the ring is definitely old. It’s a cute size, and I like the four stones, which were meant to represent my family members. I did an initial clean, and I can see the culets in the stones now. I’m not sure if I need to clean even better, or if the stones have a little fish eye or dark reflection, even while wearing white. I will need to think further on this one. What do you guys think?

IMG_7142.jpeg
IMG_7096.jpeg

They look white!! I see what you mean about the cut. But if they still sparkle well then maybe it’s still worth keeping? It was a good price. See how it feels after a day or two. It certainly shipped to you fast!

I agree with with @Mreader. I think it looks pretty. If you think it was a good deal, then if you like it while wearing it, then I'd keep it. I don't always expect perfection in antique diamonds. That is why they are charming.

okay, you guys are dangerous. The last thing I need is to buy another ring when I have some small projects to do but for some reason I couldn't resist this one so just hit "buy"...

I would have bought that one too if I kept looking. So pretty!

They look white!! I see what you mean about the cut. But if they still sparkle well then maybe it’s still worth keeping? It was a good price. See how it feels after a day or two. It certainly shipped to you fast!

I was going to see what you thought about the price. It is a cute ring, and you’re right the stones look pretty white. One or two of them might have a bit of a gray cast. I keep catching dark reflections, and I even changed my outfit to make sure I wasn’t adding to that!

IMG_7113.jpeg
IMG_7095.jpeg
IMG_7163.jpeg

twosanguinehearts, it's lovely! It's decades old charm. Give it a chance.

Sigh. If someone wants to gift me an OEC or OMC, don't hesitate. :lol-2:

@twosanguinehearts The overall ring is very pretty but, yeah. Unfortunately the cut isn’t great especially on the center two. The stones are probably too shallow.

Sigh. If someone wants to gift me an OEC or OMC, don't hesitate. :lol-2:

Grace’s links never work - let’s see a screenshot!

IMG_1022.png
Idk about pricing cause there’s no cert to confirm anything but it’s pretty and they’re accepting offers. Maybe provide more info/ an appraisal since they mention a jeweler looked at it?

IMG_1022.png
Idk about pricing cause there’s no cert to confirm anything but it’s pretty and they’re accepting offers. Maybe provide more info/ an appraisal since they mention a jeweler looked at it?

Pretty stone but this particular paragraph cracked me up:

IMG_9340.jpeg

IMG_1022.png

I am still learning about these old cuts. I admire them but don't know the technical things about the actual cuts. Why does this stone look like it has three cutlets under the cutlet? There are small circles bottom left. Is that just a reflection?

I am still learning about these old cuts. I admire them but don't know the technical things about the actual cuts. Why does this stone look like it has three cutlets under the cutlet? There are small circles bottom left. Is that just a reflection?

Reflections, explained here with lots of pretty pics:

Ok, hear me out. In this setting, it's not much to look at. BUT! You've got close to $1000 in scrap gold in that setting, and TRR is running a buy more save more event this weekend so you'd get a $500 site credit. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a report, so you're going on an estimate, but the pricing is competitive with the likes of Ivy & Rose if it is what it claims to be.

Estimated 2.7ct K-L VS2-SI1.
1708186633951.png

In the same vein of Lala’s post, there’s this one-full cred to @maryjane04 for finding this one…

IMG_8394.jpeg

Ok, hear me out. In this setting, it's not much to look at. BUT! You've got close to $1000 in scrap gold in that setting, and TRR is running a buy more save more event this weekend so you'd get a $500 site credit. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a report, so you're going on an estimate, but the pricing is competitive with the likes of Ivy & Rose if it is what it claims to be.

Estimated 2.7ct K-L VS2-SI1.
1708186633951.png

This is very intriguing for sure. I am always hesitant about bezel set oldies. You never know what’s under there! Or what could happen during the removal!

(I am definitely not in the market anyway but just saying…)

In the same vein of Lala’s post, there’s this one-full cred to @maryjane04 for finding this one…

IMG_8394.jpeg

That’s a beautiful setting and it has a lab report so less concern about the bezel here! Stunnning and a great price. With the bezel it will look like a 3+ carat.

I believe that’s @springsparkle’s ring! So you can definitely see more pics and get all the deets.

I believe that’s @springsparkle’s ring! So you can definitely see more pics and get all the deets.

And of course the pics are so much better- I don’t understand why Grace takes pics in full sun. And the stock pics are washed out :/ This is a great price for a stone that size!

Ok, since I'm on the aforementioned Ban Continent, and my TRR wish list is killing me, I'm going to share some of my faves with you all in the hopes you will buy them and put me out of my misery.

Posting this beauty again, because they've dropped the price a little, and it's literally 2 honkin' diamonds for the price of one.
1708268392670.png

I think the stone in this one is probably really nice IRL, in spite of their lousy photos.
1708268452545.png

The engraving on this one has my heart. Wonky and unique.
1708268536095.png

2.5ct set of 5 well-matched OEC's, then a bunch of extra OMC's for fun!
1708268563297.png

This might be my dream ring, so it pains me to share it, but it is meant to find a home with someone other than me. 2.5ct, high color/clarity, and a whopping 27.5g setting, in an elusive size 9. Ughhhhhh, LOVE!
1708268668981.png

And finally, a beautiful art nouveau tourmaline & enamel pendant. So feminine and charming!
1708269027164.png

I wonder what color/size the bigger diamond is in that TRR pendant …

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP