shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Oh no it's my size T_T

Yup, we'll see what they say! I'm going to pop by Lang who may or may not be willing to help and another local jeweler that I have an actual appointment with to try to get two opinions. And it might be possible to get a further discount if it needs repair, I've been in contact with the manager at the local TRR office.

Only 10% off but at this price that's significant and I think it was a good price before for the ctw and the quality of the French cuts. So fingers crossed! I'm hoping they either say "oh it's fine, you're crazy and it doesn't need to be repaired" or "it's super high risk just return it" so I don't have ambiguity.

Lang doesn’t take on repairs for anything but their own pieces.

I recommend Nick Engel in SF. I was at a jewelry seminar and I swear all the jewelers there talked about how he’s the only shop they trust with their repairs. He’s not cheap but he’s capable and very honest.

Just be sure to tell him not to polish if you want to keep the patina.

Lang doesn’t take on repairs for anything but their own pieces.

I recommend Nick Engel in SF. I was at a jewelry seminar and I swear all the jewelers there talked about how he’s the only shop they trust with their repairs. He’s not cheap but he’s capable and very honest.

Just be sure to tell him not to polish if you want to keep the patina.

I called them and they said they might have some availability now but in general they don't.

I'll add Nick Engel to the list, thank you!

I called them and they said they might have some availability now but in general they don't.

I'll add Nick Engel to the list, thank you!

That’s new! That’s what they told me in the past so that’s good to know, thank you!

They are calling these old mine cuts in this eternity but they look like itty bitty peruzi cuts to me. Auction ends soon.

1724722621746.png

They are calling these old mine cuts in this eternity but they look like itty bitty peruzi cuts to me. Auction ends soon.

1724722621746.png

I saw this too. One place it says size 4 - another size 7. I may contact the seller.

1724722621746.png

Same seller has another band that looks identical but correctly named French cuts. It makes me wonder if they made a mistake and used the wrong photo…

Same seller has another band that looks identical but correctly named French cuts. It makes me wonder if they made a mistake and used the wrong photo…

I had put some bids on the "mine cut" band. I was hoping no one else noticed they weren't Mine cut ! To me, the diamonds look smaller/different than the band described as "French Cut"- so I think they are two different rings.

Well-loved 18K Belais band - size 8.5 - $130. You know this thing has seen a lot of life.
1724769164017.png

There are a couple of fabulous brooches today I don't know anything about the value but:

This one seems too expensive but was too fun not to post. Vintage, missing a ruby, 3.75" tall, $7395
1724771354022.png

But this one someone needs to buy! Vintage Tiffany, and the flower articulates! 24.6g of 18k yellow gold for $4250, 2" tall and est 2ctw of rubies plus the one 0.17ct diamond. Maybe also a little expensive but so fun.

1724771462355.png
1724771482705.png

comps for the Tiffany:

currently on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/204549090609
similar from Lang, not Tiffany: https://www.langantiques.com/french-mid-century-blossoming-ruby-chestnut-bud-brooch.html
currently available, not Tiffany: https://www.lovejoynaples.com/pins/...ct-diamond-acorn-pin-in-18k-yellow-gold-1950s
previously sold, good photos: https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/brooches/brooches/tiffany-coflower-brooch/id-j_224450/
previously sold, different numbers: https://www.therealreal.com/product...y-and-co-ruby-and-diamond-moving-chestnut-pin
previously sold: https://dsfantiquejewelry.com/products/tiffany-co-chestnut-ruby-diamond-brooch
similar sold by Lang, not Tiffany: https://www.langantiques.com/ruby-and-diamond-blossoming-chestnut-flower-brooch.html

Last edited:
Have I posted this? I think this will be pretty in person. Sapphire may lean dark but IMO won’t black out and doesn’t have a window.

IMG_6619.jpeg

Have I posted this? I think this will be pretty in person. Sapphire may lean dark but IMO won’t black out and doesn’t have a window.

IMG_6619.jpeg

It’s pretty and a nice price!
I do wonder if the mostly enclosed gallery is doing any heavy work on it not looking like there’s a window.

@Rfisher Good catch. Still think it’s worth the gamble for the right person.

Nvm that went quick.. oops

It was cheap for what it was...I bit. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll be very curious to see your pictures! I have a feeling it will be much better than the ones in the listing.

I'll be very curious to see your pictures! I have a feeling it will be much better than the ones in the listing.

Missed it entirely - what was the piece?

I had put some bids on the "mine cut" band. I was hoping no one else noticed they weren't Mine cut ! To me, the diamonds look smaller/different than the band described as "French Cut"- so I think they are two different rings.

Someone bought it for$1299. Interesting! Wonder if it was anyone here. My idea was to buy it and send it DK to re-engrave and make pretty. His people do beautiful engraving, including on worn stuff.

Why are the RealReal photos so awful? I like those earrings but the photos make the diamonds look dull.

I asked the Real Real for more photos. They said no. Their response was essentially that they want consistency for all customers. So no one gets better photos or more information. I find that kinda funny. You’d think they’d want to be helpful. NOPE!

@caf Yeah, they won't do that. The only thing I think might work is if the item is located at a physical store, you could call the store and ask an SA to text you photos.

Also, I'd like to report to the group that I bought a Burberry jacket from them (in "Good" condition) and it had mud on it. MUD! But it was authentic and $100 on final sale so hopefully the dry cleaner can make it right.

Someone bought it for$1299. Interesting! Wonder if it was anyone here. My idea was to buy it and send it DK to re-engrave and make pretty. His people do beautiful engraving, including on worn stuff.

Yes I saw that final price - quite expensive!

@caf Yeah, they won't do that. The only thing I think might work is if the item is located at a physical store, you could call the store and ask an SA to text you photos.

Also, I'd like to report to the group that I bought a Burberry jacket from them (in "Good" condition) and it had mud on it. MUD! But it was authentic and $100 on final sale so hopefully the dry cleaner can make it right.

I hope it was mud :oops2:

I asked the Real Real for more photos. They said no. Their response was essentially that they want consistency for all customers. So no one gets better photos or more information. I find that kinda funny. You’d think they’d want to be helpful. NOPE!

If you are ever interested in a piece, a SA can have it transferred into their store to take more photos, even it it is not in any store at the moment, but it has to be over $1000 (which these earrings are). If an item is under $1000, then they will not transfer it in. My SA has pieces brought in all of the time (I never requested a SA, they just started texting me, like a cold call to get a client! When one quits, then suddenly another in a different part of the country will text me and ask to be my new SA, it is pretty wild. Let me say, I have never been to a TRR location in my life in person, I guess I just like to shop online and they noticed...)!

If you are ever interested in a piece, a SA can have it transferred into their store to take more photos, even it it is not in any store at the moment, but it has to be over $1000 (which these earrings are). If an item is under $1000, then they will not transfer it in. My SA has pieces brought in all of the time (I never requested a SA, they just started texting me, like a cold call to get a client! When one quits, then suddenly another in a different part of the country will text me and ask to be my new SA, it is pretty wild. Let me say, I have never been to a TRR location in my life in person, I guess I just like to shop online and they noticed...)!

I sold some
I think this is very pretty. Maybe not super great price but not crazy.

It's gorgeous imo and the price is not bad. This is for the ones with long, thin fingers (not me)

Yes I saw that final price - quite expensive!

You are right. I realize for some reason I mis-read Dreamer’s comment as French not Perruzi - idk why! Did you end up with it?

Did the seller ever say if it were size 4 or 7?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP