shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Here are a few eBay finds I’ve had my eye on but now have no money for. Hopefully it will check the box for one of you:

Seller sent me an offer for $1565 since I added it to my watch list. Not a bad price for what appear to be some chunky OMC.

Hey friends! I’ve been searching for 1.75-2 carat old euro. This popped up on eBay this morning for $3100. Pictures aren’t super clear but seller said their jeweler assessed the stone as G color (it’s probably warmer) and vs2. It will go to GIA for authentication, please send prayers! I’m nervous that I made such a big purchase but the price could not be beat. Worse case I’m hoping I can resell for what I paid. IMG_9329.png

I think it’s very pretty and price is great (imo). If it’s a higher color (G estimate might be an H-I-J who knows, since flatter crown old cuts appear whiter to the eye due to light return).

For reference, I’ve got an old cut that’s 7.9x8.0x4.8 and it weighs almost 1.9 carats. So I’m guessing yours is higher than 1.8 and lower than1.9 carats.

PS if it’s really 8X8 it’s going to look huge! (Just my opinion squeeeee!)

Excited for you!!

Last edited:
Thank you! I couldn’t wait for the video, I am sure someone else would have scooped it up. Hopefully my obsessive eBay searching will have paid off.

The price is incredible and I hope it checks out. The cut looks pretty good.

I will be very surprised if it’s a G color though it does oooknveey light in the images. My large old cut was sold as G color and is actually a K lol. But there was no authentication back then. I got a price adjustment when I complained to the seller though.

The setting looks gorgeous and authentic I hope you plan to keep it!

Thank you! I couldn’t wait for the video, I am sure someone else would have scooped it up. Hopefully my obsessive eBay searching will have paid off.

Yes someone would have grabbed that in a flash. Good strategy to buy sooner on these types of things with a well informed guess if price is good.

I also remember someone setting a very large marquis in a yellow basket to make it look more yellow, but I can't find the thread and can't recall the exact color range. I think DK made it for her though.

I think it's this one, she reset the stone twice. Eta, it's O/P color.

dang, these earrings flew off the shelf!

They are really cute, good price for two carats tcw. I wonder who got them. Spill!

Yup, they were listed at 10am EST yesterday and were sold by 2pm. I literally just bought diamond drop earrings or I would have been tempted by those too!

I think it's this one, she reset the stone twice. Eta, it's O/P color.

Yes, that's it. Thank you!

I think it’s very pretty and price is great (imo). If it’s a higher color (G estimate might be an H-I-J who knows, since flatter crown old cuts appear whiter to the eye due to light return).

For reference, I’ve got an old cut that’s 7.9x8.0x4.8 and it weighs almost 1.9 carats. So I’m guessing yours is higher than 1.8 and lower than1.9 carats.

PS if it’s really 8X8 it’s going to look huge! (Just my opinion squeeeee!)

Excited for you!!

Thank you! I’m equal parts anxious (stomach doing flips) and thrilled. I’ve been hunting for two years so I’m hoping my research pays off and it’s as beautiful as it appears to be.

Thank you! I’m equal parts anxious (stomach doing flips) and thrilled. I’ve been hunting for two years so I’m hoping my research pays off and it’s as beautiful as it appears to be.

For the price, even if it’s much lower color or has inclusions, it’s still a great deal.

Be sure to check the results of authentication before they send it back to the seller. Because I highly doubt it’s a G VS2 and I’m not sure what range authentication allows. You might email the seller and tell them you still want the option to buy if authentication fails. Because frankly that price for that size in that setting is ridiculous and you don’t want to lose it.

Someone be bold and buy this ring. I feel very certain it is FILTHY and the price is great for what it is.

1725734062927.png

Look at this :sick:

1725733997799.png

For the price, even if it’s much lower color or has inclusions, it’s still a great deal.

Be sure to check the results of authentication before they send it back to the seller. Because I highly doubt it’s a G VS2 and I’m not sure what range authentication allows. You might email the seller and tell them you still want the option to buy if authentication fails. Because frankly that price for that size in that setting is ridiculous and you don’t want to lose it.

Great call! I sent them a message!

Someone be bold and buy this ring. I feel very certain it is FILTHY and the price is great for what it is.

1725734062927.png

1725733997799.png

Holy crap that is so dirty! Someone buy it, clean it, and save it.

1725734062927.png

1725733997799.png

OMG you are so right. Stones also look a bit included with black specks too, dirt is disguising that. Extremely tempted….

YES. definitely contact the seller and say you would like an option to buy if it fails authentification. I think it’s a beautiful ring.

Last edited:
Here are a few eBay finds I’ve had my eye on but now have no money for. Hopefully it will check the box for one of you:

@Tinytreasurers - thank you.

I only let myself look in this thread if I have the opportunity to follow through on a purchase & that garnet ring in yellow gold jumped out....I got it. (I'm overseas so might take a bit to arrive)

Well this is now sold. I sure hope someone on here bought it. I was really tempted.

:(sadBoo, I went to the movies and told myself if it was there when I came home, it was mine.

1725734062927.png

1725733997799.png

Seller does not accept returns. It would be fun to clean it up!!! Here’s what I don’t get - seller has a similar 5 stone, 18 k - all cleaned up.

Last edited:
@Tinytreasurers - thank you.

I only let myself look in this thread if I have the opportunity to follow through on a purchase & that garnet ring in yellow gold jumped out....I got it. (I'm overseas so might take a bit to arrive)

I noticed it was sold this morning, congrats! Makes me so happy I was able to help facilitate.

Here is another well price ring, ~1.1 carat transitional cut diamond for under $2k in a very pretty setting and a bigger size.

Here is another well price ring, ~1.1 carat transitional cut diamond for under $2k in a very pretty setting and a bigger size.

I saw this yesterday and it’s a great price. They marked it down from the original just yesterday. Also, that’s definitely an OEC not a transitional.

Any size 6's out there? Designer ring at an unbeatable price.
1725810453222.png

No idea if this is authentic, although the tiffwny stamp looks clean enough to me:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results