shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

No idea if this is authentic, although the tiffwny stamp looks clean enough to me:

The workmanship looks good and I can't imagine that's a style that would be faked much because it's older (1992 on the stamp, confirmed by reverse image searching and finding a few on 1stdibs, from Japan, etc.). Obviously no guarantee but I would bet that it's authentic.

The workmanship looks good and I can't imagine that's a style that would be faked much because it's older (1992 on the stamp, confirmed by reverse image searching and finding a few on 1stdibs, from Japan, etc.). Obviously no guarantee but I would bet that it's authentic.

That's how I feel too. It's not a super popular style in terms of T and co, so no good reason to fake it

Reach out to PawnAmerica amd ask how they verify. I've purchased two rings from them. they are very clean and seem very above board.

Seller does not accept returns. It would be fun to clean it up!!! Here’s what I don’t get - seller has a similar 5 stone, 18 k - all cleaned up.

I think the gunk is disguising clarity issues which don’t bother me but might bother others. Zoom in on the diamonds, I’m seeing black specs. Again it’s fine w me for real antique diamonds but some people really can’t get past internal clarity.

Just a hunch. YMMV

Last edited:
Reach out to PawnAmerica amd ask how they verify. I've purchased two rings from them. they are very clean and seem very above board.

I’ve never heard of that designer before, but they have awful ratings online! Not to say it’s not still a good deal just an FYI.

ETA - just to be clear, the designer - not pawn America

I saw this yesterday and it’s a great price. They marked it down from the original just yesterday. Also, that’s definitely an OEC not a transitional.

This is a really special ring. Cut is a little unusual/hard to place but reflective of older old mine cushion styles versus transitional. I think it’s pre OEC, before they perfected the symmetry. The table is larger than an OEC, symmetry is not as accurate. Cut by a master cutter by hand. I look at these as more sculpted. The setting looks finely made, has been worn by an adjacent diamond band possibly Edwardian craftsmanship, turn of the century style, imo. BUT it’s marked PLATINUM. I didn’t think Edwardian jewelry was marked that way. Will research more.

I researched more. I found a platinum ring on first dibs that is engraved 1922. It has the same PLATINUM stamp on the upper shank. I think maybe they started stamping PLATINUM in USA a little after turn of the century.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of that designer before, but they have awful ratings online! Not to say it’s not still a good deal just an FYI.

ETA - just to be clear, the designer - not pawn America

T and co? Or the other designer of the ring posted above?

T and co? Or the other designer of the ring posted above?

I think @Mreader was referring to the designer of the ring I posted that is being sold by Pawn America, not of Pawn America itself.

I have made multiple purchases from Pawn America over the last few years, and have never been dissatisfied. Return process is super easy as well. Recommend without hesitation.

I think the gunk is disguising clarity issues which don’t bother me but might bother others. Zoom in on the diamonds, I’m seeing black specs. Again it’s fine w me for real antique diamonds but some people really can’t get past internal clarity.

Just a hunch. YMMV

Good thought! That’s why I thought it so weird they had one all cleaned up.

Ok, so I know this says it csnt be resized. But do folks think it's feasible for someone like DK? I only need between .75 and 1 size up. I don't want to waste David's time by asking a stupid question haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240909_061729_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240909_061729_Chrome.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20240909_061752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240909_061752_Chrome.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 32
Ok, so I know this says it cant be resized. But do folks think it's feasible for someone like DK? I only need between .75 and 1 size up. I don't want to waste David's time by asking a stupid question haha
Beautiful ring! i think you have to be really careful with resizing rings with diamonds set like this because as you change the shape the diamonds can become loose and fall out. I'd trust the no sizing, but if someone wants to go down you could add some sizing beads.

Beautiful ring! i think you have to be really careful with resizing rings with diamonds set like this because as you change the shape the diamonds can become loose and fall out. I'd trust the no sizing, but if someone wants to go down you could add some sizing beads.
That's unfortunate. How many sizes could someone go down using beads? I saw a similar one that's bigger

That's unfortunate. How many sizes could someone go down using beads? I saw a similar one that's bigger
I think going down more than a quarter of a size might require beads that you would start to feel? Maybe a bit more if it's sizing cushions instead of beads? I've never tried to go down more than that, but perhaps others have.

I saw this yesterday and it’s a great price. They marked it down from the original just yesterday. Also, that’s definitely an OEC not a transitional.

I was just looking at it and thinking the same thing, for a second I was like, am I losing it?!

I think going down more than a quarter of a size might require beads that you would start to feel? Maybe a bit more if it's sizing cushions instead of beads? I've never tried to go down more than that, but perhaps others have.

I use those silicon spirals and get about a half to one size depending on how I cut them. I’d recommend those over sizing beads that are permanent. Plus your fingers will probably get bigger over time so a larger size would be good. If you stack it won’t matter if it’s too big anyway, as long as the other ring is in the outside.

Here is another eBay find but only has two and half hours left.

Reactions: caf
I know folks often want large French cuts:

And a larger size engraved band!

I want to buy this soooo badly:

I know folks often want large French cuts:

And a larger size engraved band!

I want to buy this soooo badly:

I've been watching that French cut ring for 6 weeks. Unfortunately this makes me a watcher, not an owner.
I like that vendor, I bought a small diamond/ruby band from him last month. The diamonds turned out to be carre cuts so I was thrilled.

I've been watching that French cut ring for 6 weeks. Unfortunately this makes me a watcher, not an owner.
I like that vendor, I bought a small diamond/ruby band from him last month. The diamonds turned out to be carre cuts so I was thrilled.

Ithink this might be a modern French cut. Luluma might know.

Hi @LightBright @Ibrakeforpossums I'm not a french cut expert, but this one does look like a newer cut frenchie to me. From the ebay pics the crown looks flat with larger table. The crowns on the frenchie band that I have are definitely puffier.

@Slickk @oldcutclubmember thoughts?

@lulu_ma I do not see any pictures unless I’m missing an earlier post?

It's from a lovedogs post with a link to ebay.

@lulu_ma I do not see any pictures unless I’m missing an earlier post?
Oh sorry @Slickk the link was on an earlier post. Here it is...

I found you a diamond! Beautiful yellow with GIA very well priced for what it is with a cert. I will not post until you respond.

Perhaps you two should communicate off the forum to avoid lurkers from nabbing the diamond? It would be so disappointing if the posted diamond was perfect…and someone else sniped it.

Perhaps you two should communicate off the forum to avoid lurkers from nabbing the diamond? It would be so disappointing if the posted diamond was perfect…and someone else sniped it.
Very true but outside of here I would have no way of showing her the listing. Perhaps I should wait for her to respond and go from there.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP