shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Not yet. I guess I’ll see how I feel when I have it in hand. In the meantime if anyone sees a good setting for a 5mm stone lmk! Because that would be the preference rather than go custom.

I have two diamonds set in 2nd-hand ebay settings that I like very much. I'm happy with older pieces and I think the workmanship is often better.

*Mind blown* Flexible eternity band? Not my size, but have to look for one in mine.

I love flexible eternities like this! I wss looking for one for a while, but they're hard to find and $$$. My favorite is this designer and ring, but tje price is painful

Is anyone looking for an Art Deco Elongated Asscher/Emerald cut ring… gorgeous, 2.29ct E/VVS2?
I don’t want to post the link in case there lurkers…

I kinda need someone to buy this so I don’t… saving is so hard right now… I want this and I am not a step cut person, lol! :wall:
IMG_2472.jpeg

Is anyone looking for an Art Deco Elongated Asscher/Emerald cut ring… gorgeous, 2.29ct E/VVS2?
I don’t want to post the link in case there lurkers…

I kinda need someone to buy this so I don’t… saving is so hard right now… I want this and I am not a step cut person, lol! :wall:
IMG_2472.jpeg

Could you post a view from the side?

Okay, with the upgrade I can't post a reply, I have to reply to some else's thread.
Pumpkin Sparkles, I see a side hustle for you. You're good at this!

Honestly it would be a dream, I am still learning. I have many things to learn that is why I am here. If only I could share my experiences, my budget is like malt liquor price, but my jewelry taste is that of fine wine:lol-2:.

So I’ve had to learn to be very resourceful and have developed an eye in the costume section (not often but sometimes) and learned to word things differently because let’s be honest not everyone that sells their items knows what they have.
I just recently purchased an irradiated 2.34 carat deep yellowish green diamond which I did not pay diamond price for because I knew there is only 2 types of green stones that fluoresce (to my knowledge) one of them being synthetic and I new it wasn’t it.
So fingers crossed I have faith in myself to one day take a leap.

Honestly it would be a dream, I am still learning. I have many things to learn that is why I am here. If only I could share my experiences, my budget is like malt liquor price, but my jewelry taste is that of fine wine:lol-2:.

So I’ve had to learn to be very resourceful and have developed an eye in the costume section (not often but sometimes) and learned to word things differently because let’s be honest not everyone that sells their items knows what they have.
I just recently purchased an irradiated 2.34 carat deep yellowish green diamond which I did not pay diamond price for because I knew there is only 2 types of green stones that fluoresce (to my knowledge) one of them being synthetic and I new it wasn’t it.
So fingers crossed I have faith in myself to one day take a leap.

Photos!

Here are a few, it’s with DK at the moment and getting a new dress. This is my 3rd time working with him and he so patient and wonderful with all the changes.
I wanted something out of the ordinary, something I wouldn’t normally do with an oec. Something that brought up childhood memories (I grew up with Harry Potter and all that good stuff) haha. The flower used was a personal favorite and something that my paternal grandmother in Mexico had a garden of, along with ginormous agave plants.
I’m first generation born Mexican- American, my mother migrated here from Mexico in the 60s as a child during Kennedy’s presidency. So my roots are very important to me. I try to put a lot of thought in my custom pieces.
The moonflower, native to Mexico and US.
IMG_1560.jpegIMG_1342.jpegIMG_1770.png

Last edited:
Here are a few, it’s with DK at the moment and getting a new dress. This is my 3rd time working with him and he so patient and wonderful with all the changes.
I wanted something out of the ordinary, something I wouldn’t normally do with an oec. Something that brought up childhood memories (I grew up with Harry Potter and all that good stuff) haha. The flower used was a personal favorite and something that my paternal grandmother in Mexico had a garden of, along with ginormous agave plants.
I’m first generation born here, my mother migrated here from Mexico in the 60s during Kennedy’s presidency. So my roots are very important to me. I try to put a lot of thought in my custom pieces.

Wait, are you taking the stone out of that setting?? It's gorgeous! :(

Wait, are you taking the stone out of that setting?? It's gorgeous! :(

Yes it’s been removed, It was very bulky and it had various cracks through-out the setting the stone was wiggly.. there was multiple issues. It was once a lot larger than it was, and the sizing down damaged it.

Not yet. I guess I’ll see how I feel when I have it in hand. In the meantime if anyone sees a good setting for a 5mm stone lmk! Because that would be the preference rather than go custom.

what size ring do you wear? I've been looking at settings for something of my own so would be happy to let you know if I see anything.

Two lovely 15k pieces from TRR today:

Really nice detail on this peridot bracelet - 6.5".
1726071245905.png

I really wish they posted better pictures of this brooch. I bet it's absolutely gorgeous IRL! Though, for that price, the mention of gold-plated gives me pause, and I would want a SA to give me more detail.
1726071299545.png

Yes it’s been removed, It was very bulky and it had various cracks through-out the setting the stone was wiggly.. there was multiple issues. It was once a lot larger than it was, and the sizing down damaged it.

That's a shame. This setting is an absolute dream for me, I have been looking for this type of setting that will not break the bank. Any way it might be revived?

I am so glad that you designed such a special setting that is meaningful to you. I can't wait to see the completed project.

I’m first generation born Mexican- American, my mother migrated here from Mexico in the 60s as a child during Kennedy’s presidency. So my roots are very important to me. I try to put a lot of thought in my custom pieces.

That is stunning. I love the original setting also though! I hope you’re going to keep that one and put something else in it.

what size ring do you wear? I've been looking at settings for something of my own so would be happy to let you know if I see anything.

Five or 5.25 is the sweet spot but I also have made do with 5.5, 5.75, and 4.75 lol

That's a shame. This setting is an absolute dream for me, I have been looking for this type of setting that will not break the bank. Any way it might be revived?

I am so glad that you designed such a special setting that is meaningful to you. I can't wait to see the completed project.

Thanks I’m not sure, the setting is no longer mine. I just know I was quoted $600 to restore the setting from a jeweler. I decided to invest into a new setting without the worries of stability and bulkiness it was sized a good 2-4 sizes down the ring wasn’t round at all, I decided not to mess with it.

That is stunning. I love the original setting also though! I hope you’re going to keep that one and put something else in it.

I didn’t, I chose not to mess with it. :(2
Thank you for the compliment, this was way out of the box for me, but I’m glad you approve!

I love flexible eternities like this! I wss looking for one for a while, but they're hard to find and $$$. My favorite is this designer and ring, but tje price is painful

@lovedogs yrs, that is so $$$$$. Beautiful design though

I looked at that set when I was choosing a mount for the CBI. There's something hincky about it, can't remember what. But I really did like it.

I looked at that set when I was choosing a mount for the CBI. There's something hincky about it, can't remember what. But I really did like it.

It’s beautiful, maybe too good or a price? I’ve never purchased from them but came across this.

I messaged the seller, the carres are 1.7 mm, really tiny. The basket looked beat up. And the band and the engagement ring look different, like not made as a set. Seller said:

New message from: goldanddiamondbroker (1,860RED_STAR Star)

The engagement ring is 18 k white gold and the wedding band is 14k white gold

I messaged the seller, the carres are 1.7 mm, really tiny. The basket looked beat up. And the band and the engagement ring look different, like not made as a set. Seller said:

New message from: goldanddiamondbroker (1,860RED_STAR Star)

The engagement ring is 18 k white gold and the wedding band is 14k white gold

Ahh that makes sense, maybe the band was custom made to match the ring.

Thanks I’m not sure, the setting is no longer mine. I just know I was quoted $600 to restore the setting from a jeweler. I decided to invest into a new setting without the worries of stability and bulkiness it was sized a good 2-4 sizes down the ring wasn’t round at all, I decided not to mess with it.

Oh I understand! Sometimes you are just not in the mood to take on a project like that :)

wait what?

Can you explain what you think this stone is? The setting is really high quality. The stone is fluorescent? Have you asked the color stones forum what they think it is?

I’d love to know in general (no specifics that give away your process necessary) how you encountered such a piece. It’s pretty wonderful (despite the cracks). I can’t wait to see more photos of DKs work!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP