shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

wait what?

Can you explain what you think this stone is? The setting is really high quality. The stone is fluorescent? Have you asked the color stones forum what they think it is?

I’d love to know in general (no specifics that give away your process necessary) how you encountered such a piece. It’s pretty wonderful (despite the cracks). I can’t wait to see more photos of DKs work!

The stone is a 2.34 SI2 carat color treated Fancy Dark Yellowish green diamond (I had it graded just to see if there was any other treatments)
Only color treatment was found.
It was pretty wonderful, but it was off round and needed a bit of work that I wasn’t willing to invest in. I’d rather start from scratch, haha.

I like to browse through websites sometimes thrift stores when I’m in the bigger cities or flea markets. I like to read books and published papers on gemstones, my hobby has been jewelry, it was the strongest connection my mother an I shared so it just grew over time.
I know it seems far fetched but I have attached a picture of the report just incase lol
For clarification the last CAD was before getting the diamond back from Gia so it hasn’t been updated.
IMG_1821.jpeg

Last edited:
Since we’ve been talking about fancy yellow diamonds, here is a nice three stone old cut ring. I think the price is high for what it is BUT I have put in a low ball offer with this seller before and been successful.

Since we’ve been talking about fancy yellow diamonds, here is a nice three stone old cut ring. I think the price is high for what it is BUT I have put in a low ball offer with this seller before and been successful.

I saw that one too and agree the price is high, but it is very pretty.

Thank you! Yes definitely my biggest diamond as of yet, the color is interesting and bright at times, the fluo helps.

How is it color treated? I’m not familiar with this!

Wow that’s gorgeous. Maybe $3500 would be an ok price.

The stone is a 2.34 SI2 carat color treated Fancy Dark Yellowish green diamond (I had it graded just to see if there was any other treatments)
Only color treatment was found.
It was pretty wonderful, but it was off round and needed a bit of work that I wasn’t willing to invest in. I’d rather start from scratch, haha.

I like to browse through websites sometimes thrift stores when I’m in the bigger cities or flea markets. I like to read books and published papers on gemstones, my hobby has been jewelry, it was the strongest connection my mother an I shared so it just grew over time.
I know it seems far fetched but I have attached a picture of the report just incase lol
For clarification the last CAD was before getting the diamond back from Gia so it hasn’t been updated.
IMG_1821.jpeg
Any gemstone or diamond books high on your list that you'd recommend?

Looks like the setters hand slipped while setting that one.

Reactions: caf
How is it color treated? I’m not familiar with this!

To be very honest, it didn’t give me specifics on what was used it did say 2 or more treatments, but usually it’s irradiated or HPHT treated to get the color some are coated but this one didn’t show any coating.

Any gemstone or diamond books high on your list that you'd recommend?
The first book helped me with most gemstones and minerals because of this book I have a small collection of loose agates that I may never set and just look at
The second book was something I found at a thrift store that’s a bit harder to find it’s older, this one helped me to see the different styles of jewelry so it gave me an idea what to look for.
IMG_1888.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpeg
    IMG_1889.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
French cuts and ruby cabs - yum.

Curious- does the "American Cut" book have plenty of illustrations showing the various cuts?

Curious- does the "American Cut" book have plenty of illustrations showing the various cuts?

So many interesting illustrations! If I am remembering right, @Inked used this book to pattern her newest custom cut lab diamond.

IMG_3592.jpeg

IMG_3591.jpeg

IMG_3590.jpeg

Ooh that is pretty, it’s Pre-Revolutionary War of Russian origin :kiss2:, I’ve always wanted one but they are expensive.

This one seems well priced (though it doesn't mean that we all have almost 2k to throw around). Also it looks like yellow gold to me instead of rose.

This one seems well priced (though it doesn't mean that we all have almost 2k to throw around). Also it looks like yellow gold to me instead of rose.

You’re absolutely right, this one is decently priced, especially the intricacy in the design.
But in general anything that mentions Imperial Russian Era or Pre-rev war, the price jumps a lot.

Is anyone else worried by how thin the bottom looks? And there’s a chip on the diamond. For the age, it’s understandable. But a buyer might want to consider both.

Happy Friday! So my steal deal old euro eBay find arrived today after passing authentication. GIA didn’t grade the stone but confirmed it’s a natural old euro that’s 1.74 carats. The stone looks a lot whiter then it’s showing up in videos, you’ll see the culet is off center, and I believe the white dots you see in the video below are little surface scratches that could get polished out. Setting is stamped belais as well. Would I have chosen this stone if it was at a normal price, but for $3k I think I did pretty well. What do you all think? (It’s cloudy today so tried to capture a video as best as I could, please excuse the bit of lint you see). IMG_9428.jpegIMG_9418.jpegIMG_9425.jpegIMG_9420.jpeg

Happy Friday! So my steal deal old euro eBay find arrived today after passing authentication. GIA didn’t grade the stone but confirmed it’s a natural old euro that’s 1.74 carats. The stone looks a lot whiter then it’s showing up in videos, you’ll see the culet is off center, and I believe the white dots you see in the video below are little surface scratches that could get polished out. Setting is stamped belais as well. Would I have chosen this stone if it was at a normal price, but for $3k I think I did pretty well. What do you all think? (It’s cloudy today so tried to capture a video as best as I could, please excuse the bit of lint you see). IMG_9428.jpegIMG_9418.jpegIMG_9425.jpegIMG_9420.jpeg

Perfection.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP