shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

They always have such interesting pieces. And I find the closing prices are often surprisingly reasonable.

@lala646 , I bid for an item with an estimate of 800-1200. It sold for 2200, and then adding the fee and insurance, this means that it would have been almost $4000, before the import taxes. And everything is final sale too.

@lala646 , I bid for an item with an estimate of 800-1200. It sold for 2200, and then adding the fee and insurance, this means that it would have been almost $4000, before the import taxes. And everything is final sale too.

Yeah, seems to be either feast or famine. Prices seem to go really high, or just never take off.

Shop Goodwill is weird. I buy housewares from them. There were two chinoiserie items that went for over $400 each last week and I do not think either were actually antique anything. I imagine they will show up on one of the Instagram sellers pages and they will say that they are some sort of rare antique.

Somebody really wants that brooch that is citrine. I thought it would be a good candidate to break apart into a pair of big earrings and maybe a pendant and so I bid on it and it got all the way up to 150ish and I was still outbid with time to go. I don't want citrine that badly!

This transitional has potential, looks to have checkerboard faceting:
98408C4F-6BC9-4964-9436-9D1F1E752A12.jpeg
E9AD227D-7409-48F8-BA71-E0579E186BC8.jpeg

it's sooooo perfect but out of my budget sadly.

You and me both! Your diamond is out there just waiting for you to find it =)2

I’m not sure this qualifies as “vintage” yet…. But someone please buy this … I’m desperately trying to not :kiss2:

Tiffany & Co Vine beautifulness…. Sigh

IMG_0916.jpeg

@lavenderdragonfly23 -- I absolutely covet the Tiffany Platinum Diamond Vine Bypass ring -- I'm with you about fighting temptation!

@lavenderdragonfly23 -- I absolutely covet the Tiffany Platinum Diamond Vine Bypass ring -- I'm with you about fighting temptation!

Isn’t it soooo perfect! I have the funds, I’m just trying SOOO hard to keep hoarding for my dream OEC. Sigh, it’s my size too.

Now, if this were the Blue Sapphire Bypass Vine, I would have blown my savings immediately, LOL!

There is a size 7 on Posh for $9K…. Just saying! :)

I've bought from eBay, etsy, Rubylane, Diamondbistro, Loupetroop ... I've never even been on Poshmark (until now)

Do you have any experience with Poshmark @lavenderdragonfly23 ?

Also interested in hearing from anyone with insight on safety/reliability of Poshmark, particularly for buyers but also sellers too.

Thank you!

I've bought from eBay, etsy, Rubylane, Diamondbistro, Loupetroop ... I've never even been on Poshmark (until now)

Also interested in hearing from anyone with insight on safety/reliability of Poshmark, particularly for buyers but also sellers too.

Thank you!

I consider it a place for clothes shoes and purses more than for jewels. I would hesitate before buying jewelry from there; all sales are final on Poshmark. I haven’t had to use their customer service but wouldn’t want to reply on them in the event you got something that wasn’t described.

I have bought and sold, but just clothes.

Thank you!

I have bought a TON of things from Posh… like way too much, lol! I think my most expensive purchase was $650. I will say 90% of my purchases have been just fine. The 10% were misrepresented items. Each time that happened, I filed a claim with Posh, with what was wrong with the item, along with photos. Claim was always approved, return shipping label sent, and all my funds refunded.

When you buy from Posh, the funds are sent to Posh and held until your approval. Seller does actually receive funds until you approve. You have 3 days to approve.

My personal recommendation would be to contact Posh to verify your protect with high cost items. You can always message the seller and ask for additional photos and videos… maybe do my trick and have them verify with a video and something very specific in the background to prove they have they have the ring.

Last edited:
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP