shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
gg - how do you keep track of everyone so well? yes, i was expecting to pick up my ring over the weekend, but the jewelry store gave us yet another false "ready" date. they promised it would be ready today, or they''d toss in a free pair of .5 tcw diamond studs. i told my fiance if they didn''t have it ready today, that he should demand a refund and we should take our business elsewhere. between two separate and significant purchases, they''ve given us almost a dozen different dates to pick up our purchases, only to have us show up for nothing.
29.gif
for the money we''re spending on a brand name, i could probably get a much bigger ring elsewhere.

36.gif
Congratulations DVC!
36.gif

I too love the days=confetti part... too cool! Very sweet and romantic, he really is a keeper huh? Cant wait to see pics of your beauty!

Still no ring for me
7.gif
We went our seperate ways for the holiday and he came back a day early. I got my hopes up that when i came back yesterday it would be the day... he certainly had time to plan, but nothing. I kept running into people while i was home and kept wishing i had my ring already, thinking how cool it would have been to show it off to them! Hes had it for a week and half now... its really starting to get old!
14.gif

aeli - sorry to hear that the store keeps giving you the run around. Hope you get it soon!

njc - i hope we''re both wearing pretty sparkly things very soon. i was so upset yesterday when we went to pick up my ring and there was nothing there, that i made my poor fiance look at other rings at other stores with me (he gets very frightened that we''ll leave with more than just my e-ring
31.gif
). no luck, though. didn''t find anything i loved quite as much (i''m getting the tiffany legecy ring), except maybe reena''s ring...but i don''t like the idea of copying someone else for something so personal.

aeli - You''re getting the Legacy? Ooooh, that''s a beautiful ring! What are the specs on that, if you don''t mind sharing.... So, did they give you the diamond studs since your ring wasn''t ready? What a tease! I''d be upset too...
29.gif

I thought i remembered that you were getting your ring from Tiffanys. Its funny how you seem to have "slipped through the cracks". You would think when dealing with such a grand name and reputation that you would avoid such troubles. And i know they are human like everyone else and things happen, but i agree that it is getting a little ridiculous and its not like you arent dropping plenty of $$$$. Didnt you just need the ring sized? I think if it were me, i would have to start making a scene. The earrings are nice, and didnt they upgrade the stone as well (?), but its been something like 3 weeks right? I would expect better service from them!

morticia - thanks. i do love the ring, so i''d rather have it today (and not get the earrings) than have to wait any longer. my fiance did all the wheeling and dealing, so i''m not sure of all the specs, but what i do know is that the center stone is 1.48 carats, VVS1, F, and there is an additional .74 tcw worth of stones in the setting. my ring size is a 4.5.

njc - yup, i just needed the ring sized. the original stone was 1.25 carats, but since they sized the wrong ring, they upgraded me to the one in the display case. the manager might have been joking about the studs, which i don''t care about, but i definitely expected much better service considering we''re paying a huge premium for their "good" name.

aeli - It sonds gorgeous and will look so big and sparkly on your dainty little hand!
2.gif
Congrats! Can''t wait to see the pictures. I actually work right near Tiffany''s so I have been tempted to go in and look at their Legacy and Lucida. Not that I''ll get either one, I''m sure, I would just like to look (and dream).
2.gif

aeli--it''s easy...I just go back to my previous list, click "edit", then copy-paste the list into my new post and make the necessary changes. I''m a cheater!
9.gif

That STINKS about your ring being held up again!! The manager may have been joking, but I''d be demanding my free studs if I were you!!
29.gif
That''s just insane. But still, that was a sweet little upgrade they gave you already! I bet it''ll be just beautiful when you finally get it...I hope it''s SOON, because I need to live vicariously through you gals and DVC and JCJD are holding out on me!!
39.gif

grrr...no ring yesterday. i told my fiance that i''m going into tiffany with him today, and if it''s not there, that we''re going to have to demand a refund and take our business elsewhere (i''ve lost count at the number of times the manager told us that they tracked our shipment and it would be there the next day). since i''m very pessimistic at this point, does anyone have suggestions of a good place to go in the sf bay area (i love delicate pave settings)? i''m not very comfortable with ordering on-line. thanks.

Awww goldengirl, are you saying my scanner pics aren''t good enough for you?
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
2.gif

Hello ladies,
Sorry for barging in on your club but I''ve read some of your wonderful engagement stories and I thought this might be a good place to ask my question. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend of 2 years (she has no idea), and I wanted to ask on Xmas eve but due to delays with the ring it doesn''t look like it''ll happen
8.gif
. But I wanted to ask your opinions on a Valentine''s Day proposal. Is it too cheesy or cliche? Once I finally get the ring I don''t know if I''ll be able to wait that long but if I can, should I? Thanks in advance.

Fiance to be

I''ve been on and reading but not posting much since my initialt posts. I think I am so used to be the "annoying girl obsessed with getting engaged" that I don''t even feel comfortable yet talking about it here, lol.

No MAJOR progress though I do think he is coming to realize that it own''t happen on its own and he has to do SOMETHING. Now he''s saying he''s nervous about coming u p with the perfect proposal...so I gave him some websites for advice...no more excuses:)

HE took ME to the mall again to look at rings. Which was actually good b/c it made me realize how much better the ones I have found on here are:) Plus, from looking at measurements I realized just how poorly cut those things are...all the .75 cts were actually .71 and like 5.4x5.5...lol. Anyway, though I think that made him more excited about the whole idea, so he had me email him my favorite stones and settings...baby steps:)

Um, as to the question a while back as to which holiday you would prefer to get engaged on...had you asked me 3 years ago I would have said NONE - I want my engagement to be its OWN day! Now, after waiting this long and wanting something this much...I would take ANY holiday - even the big ones. LOL. Actually, I do think New Years would be prety cool (the starting over part of it), I still don''t like the idea of Valentines day - I wouldn''t like Christmas, but it appears it is my next best option, so...lol...I of course will be hoping for it on that day!

Oh - and over Thanksgiving weekend I TOTALLY changed my mind about what kind of stone I wanted. I had been really into emerald cut b/c it is not as common and is pretty. BUT - my stepmom was wearing both the EX 3stone my dad gave her (3 carat center,1.5 sides, not her engagement ring) and the oval her late husband gave her (on her right hand, lol). THe oval was so much more sparkly and impressive. Lori said the only time the EC actually looks really good is when she has just cleaned it...and who''s going to do that every day! Plus, my cousin got a new ring for her 10th anniversary - a radiant cut, and it was pretty too.

So I started my search over looking at RBs, ovals, and Radiants. Just don''t love radiants...pretty but not for me. And when we looked at a couple ovals, Daniel said the bow tie would drive him nuts...SO - back to RBs. LOL - I guess it will be "common and traditional" after all. But I am comforting myself knowing it will be much MUCH better cut than anything most people I know have from Kays and the like.

Wow that was long! LOL

Congratulations DietVanillaCoke!!!!!!!!
36.gif
Nothing better than being tricked!

Thank you all for the advise and hugs - the conversation allowed some bottled up feelings to be shared on both sides. The ring is in hiding, we''re more affectionate than ever (now that we feel like it''s all in the open now), and he''s apologized for not taking my feelings into consideration.

He said he''s been so wrapped up in when would be a good time for him (with all of life''s distractions) he didn''t think of the potential consequences of me wondering if the hesitation was actually about his choice in marrying me.

Personally, I love the idea of a NYE proposal with the kiss and all. But I''d probably agree that not everyone wants to sacrafice a big adult party night away from the kids for a wedding.

NJC - I''m sending you some of my surplus patience - almost two weeks now? here''s some more

Thanks for your support ladies!!!!
35.gif

Fiance to be- I am not one for holiday proposals- on the specific day that is. Mainly becaseu it feels as if so much expectation is built into holiday proposals- to make it spectacular. But then, I am also one of those weird people who doesn''t like to open my presents in front of people becaseu the pressure of everyone watching is too great. So, basically I guess I am just a dork. So, if a Christmas time proposal doesn''t happen, then I would look at doing it some time before Valentine''s day.

Erin- I am so glad that things have smoothed out some, it is always such a relief when everything is out in the open and then you can both relax!

DietVanillaCoke- Congratulations!

Erin,

I''m glad things worked out for you and that you discussed it with your boyfriend. Hope to see pictures of your ring soon!

Erin, that''s wonderful! I''m so glad that you were able to communicate how you felt AND get the outcome (well, at least the preliminary outcome, if not yet the proposal!!) that you wanted. Boys can be so silly...it seem so clear to us that what he was doing was insensitive to your feelings, but he just needed to have it spelled out, I guess. So now you can rest easy for a while in the knowledge that the PRECIOUS is not the desk drawer, and that your F2B is not pondering IF, but WHEN!!
emlove.gif

There has been progress--and yet no progress?--on my end. My BF and I did a lot of ring shopping and browsing this week...finally got to see some things in person and on my finger that I''d only seen online, and what a difference!

Loved the Ritani endless love as much as I thought I would, though I am pretty sure I''d want it with a larger stone than I saw AND probably in an asscher cut. We looked at Fortunoff, but I know there are a lot of particulars with Ritani and what stones they will or won''t set....since Fortunoff is a licensed Ritani AND Royal Asscher retailer, maybe that all works out. I''ve seen pics of an asscher/endless love setting online, but they still don''t strike me as dramatically as the Daniel K (also Niceice) Boxter which seems to have sharper "cut corners." But I still haven''t seen that one in person--we went by "Jacob the Jewler" on Sunday who seems to be the only place to see Daniel K in the city?? but the place seemed really creepy and we would have had to have an appt....and my BF basically refused to go into those diamond district places where, as he put it, there was a giant target on his back.

Also went into T&C to see the Legacy...interesting to see those step-cuts in a cushion....liked the ring, but didn''t like the snotty saleslady! And as much as I liked the ring (and it is WOW on some people) it didn''t leap out at me as the one, and for that money...it had better be. I preferred the "simple" setting--thinner band, less pave/detailing on the side, while BF liked the "ornate"--which was 2x as much and had a thicker band that I didn''t love.

Also looked at Michael C. Fina and was surprised at how much I liked the JB Star designs and did NOT like the Michael B. The girl there was very mellow and hands-off. We like that
1.gif

We stopped by Leon Mege''s building, just to see where it was but it was a Sunday, and I''m sure that''s an appointment place....and I just don''t know if my BF is going to have the patience to do a custom thing, anyway....
33.gif

Anyway, so we did a lot of looking around and I think I''ve become more certain that an asscher may be the stone for me--we both love that kind of clear "lake" look that draws you in. But there''s really no progress at all about when any of this might begin to transpire--I feel like I am the one "driving the engagement bus", and it''s exhausting and kind of hurtful to feel like he''s not invested in it--which I know he is, or he wouldn''t be looking at rings with me, but still. I''d just rather have him propose and figure out the ring later, but I think he wants to have the ring, etcetc.....but seriously, he could take another six months to do that, and I don''t see him doing the legwork to find a stone online, research getting a setting....

Sorry for venting.... I''m just not sure how (to say nothing of when) this will all happen. My dear BF is a very laid-back guy and, as others have said, needs to figure out that this isn''t just going to HAPPEN!!

blueroses, I totally understand what you are feeling. BF and I looked at rings and then 6 months passed. I was consistently online seeing what new is out. What alternatives are there to the setting I like. Trying to make sure we get the best deal. I totally felt that I was driving the bus, and he was along for the ride, which isn''t what I wanted. I kinda wanted the ring to be something he liked as well. I got utterly frustrated and now he is doing everything. I send photos here and there. I think once you finalized some guidelines and budget, send him on his way. Then, you can just look at pretties which is much less stressful. I am sure he is doing some research, sometimes they don''t like to let us know. We think about it consisently for a while, but it doesn''t become real to them, until right when they are about to make the purchase. He probably in his head have a idea when the money will be right and when he plans to get it, so he isn''t too pressed. I am sure as that date approaches, he will be a lot more intrigued. Granted, this epiphany came after much tears, fears, and anger. I was sharing my waiting anguish with a married co-worker and she made me realize something, BF doesn''t want to get it wrong as much as I don''t want him too, if not more. After that, I realized he is under tons of pressure.

aeli, I hope you get your ring soon. I would get those studs, though just for the pain and suffering.

erin, glad things are better. The ladies on here usually have the best advice.
36.gif
36.gif

Does anyone ever think how much better it would be if WE were in control of this? LOL

Seriously though, he says he can''t think of good ways to propose...I have about 7 ideas in my head I would LOVE! He can''t decide on a ring - I could.

I mean, jeez, they have this ONE "duty" when it comes to marriage, and they can''t handle it. Let me tell you, I could have saved the money, bought myself a ring, him a nice watch, and done some awesome proposal. Is it SO hard? lOL

I mean, I want to be surprised, and I want him to handle it but - I definitely feel like the wrong sex was put in charge of this traditionally!

emotion-5.gif

Hello again,
I hope I''m not out of line posting in this thread without the benefit of estrogen
2.gif
. I couldn''t help but respond to a few of these posts. I''m sure my gf would be much better at this whole process than me but as tradition dictates, we (men) are the ones who this is left up to. You women know exactly what you want in a proposal, but we want to be creative, we want to come up with something that you''ll love, but at the same time distinguish us from any other guy you have ever known. I know it may seem a little self-centered but it''s entirely because we love to see the smile on your face, tears of joy in your eyes.

Personally I do not want my girlfriend to know when or how it''s coming, I even told her that I wouldn''t be ready for this type of thing for another 6 months just to get her off the trail. And the ring may be easy for you to pick out but we want everything to be perfect, and this sometimes means a lot of research. So while it may seem like we are dragging our feet, most of us are trying to get it just right, we usually only get one shot. So don''t be too hard on us
1.gif

Date: 11/30/2004 3:32:43 PM
Author: Fiancee to be

Hello again,
I hope I''m not out of line posting in this thread without the benefit of estrogen
2.gif
. I couldn''t help but respond to a few of these posts. I''m sure my gf would be much better at this whole process than me but as tradition dictates, we (men) are the ones who this is left up to. You women know exactly what you want in a proposal, but we want to be creative, we want to come up with something that you''ll love, but at the same time distinguish us from any other guy you have ever known. I know it may seem a little self-centered but it''s entirely because we love to see the smile on your face, tears of joy in your eyes.

Personally I do not want my girlfriend to know when or how it''s coming, I even told her that I wouldn''t be ready for this type of thing for another 6 months just to get her off the trail. And the ring may be easy for you to pick out but we want everything to be perfect, and this sometimes means a lot of research. So while it may seem like we are dragging our feet, most of us are trying to get it just right, we usually only get one shot. So don''t be too hard on us
1.gif
AWWWWWWWW!! See girls! this is what the holdup is!! Don''t worry so much!

Date: 11/30/2004 3:32:43 PM
Author: Fiancee to be

Hello again,
2.gif

1.gif
Ok, I guess I wasn''t complaining about you in particular. And I wasn''t complaing...its not I feel I would be BETTER, its that I guess I feel like Iwould have gotten it done with 3 years ago!!!! LOL

Anyway, I guess you''re right - the "Avoidance and aExcuses" could just be ways to t trick us. Which is great!

Blah...I do get to whine though!!!!

This is where my DH proposed years ago. He had the ring in his pocket for 7 days before he gave it to me. Let me tell you, his way was worth the wait. (picture taken right before proposal)

Chejudo - South KoreaChunmun Beach on the Sea of Japan/Sea of Korea (depending on which side you are, this is the Korea side)

ChunmunBeach.jpg

No worries, not everyone is the same. I''m sure some guys would feel more at ease with their better half being involved in the process. At least that way you know we''re not completely messing up. But with all the hints you all drop we can usually figure it out.
2.gif

And sometimes we do need a little push in the right direction, occasionally a shove
3.gif

Date: 11/30/2004 2
6.gif
7:39 PM
Author: blueroses

Also looked at Michael C. Fina and was surprised at how much I liked the JB Star designs and did NOT like the Michael B.
1.gif
Blueroses:

That is so funny. When I was looking for rings, I found the opposite. I didn''t like the JB Star, and LOVED Michael B. I am curious though what you didn''t like about the Michael. B stuff. I''ve never met anyone who didn''t like the stuff?

fiance to be, I totally understand your point. It took a while, but I realize how much pressure you guys are under, and the fact of the matter is true, you really only get one shot at it, and it almost instaneous whether it was great or just good. I am sure your gf, will love your plans.

Can I be added to the waiting list?

I''ve been lurking on this website and forum for about a month and a half now. Basically, I''ve just been looking at pictures for hours at a time. I have to say that everyone''s rings are just gorgeous! I''ve decided that its time to sit down and educate myself becasue I know absolutely nothing, not a darn thing about diamonds other than the fact that I can''t wait to get mine.

Lately the boy and I have been talking about getting married. It won''t be for a long time, at least another year because I want to graduate from school first and get situated in life before I bombard myself with a big project like a wedding. But I can still be really excited about it...right?
1.gif

I''ve been specifically telling him what I don''t like and what I do like. I have found this to be easiest because there is no way that he''ll ever read my mind so I might as well flat out tell him. Its a bit difficult because we''re not in the same state, we''re not even remotely close and the whole long distance thing is difficult, but we''ll get through it. I think I''m getting a plane ticket for Christmas!
9.gif

Anyways, I''ve rambled enough, I''m just excited about it all. About a month ago he told me a ''tenative'' idea of how he would propose and it was so romantic that I cried. And then I yelled at him because I didn''t want to know the exact way he would do it. He just laughed and said that I would just have to wait and find out. Sneaky boy!

I didn''t realize there was so much to take into consideration when buying a diamond, but I knew there would be a ton of research in the process. Since I have at least a year to find the right ring, I might as well get started now!

19.gif
oh my goodnes!!!! I am STIILLL...on the list!!!! I am hoping that xmas will be it...GEEEZ...I see that many have been crossed off since i last looked.CONGRATULATIONS!!!...and yes i am jelous!All this waiting makes me crazy and the more i look an SMTR pix the crazier i get!I hope that the next time i check in i will have pix!!

aeli - slammie has a boooootiful ring from toppers in burlingame.. see her ''wanna see some pave? my new rings are here!" thread in SMTR. i would def consider that as a way to go, esp since you wouldnt be paying for the tiffany premium!

JC, the scanned photos of your temp ring were beautiful, but you know I''m as anxious as you for you to get the real one!!
2.gif

Fiancee to be--just a note, unless you''re the woman, you only get one "e"--Fiance.
2.gif
And as to your question, while I know she''d appreciate a proposal ANY time of the year, most women do prefer to be proposed to on a non-holiday-day, so they have one more stupid anniversary you have to remember!
2.gif
11.gif
Plus, I agree holiday proposals are overblown, as in there''s more expected of you if you were to propose on Valentine''s. I''d suggest proposing the day or night before... and then taking your sweetheart out for you very first engaged Valentine''s Day dinner. That way she''s surprised, and she gets to enjoy the newly-engaged glow the WHOLE day.
5.gif

Kimber, don''t feel bad...I can''t tell you how many times I''ve changed my mind, not so much on the stone itself but on the setting! My poor bf just threw up his hands a while back and said he''d wait for me to be settled on one style for a length of time before even TRYING to decipher my preferences.
9.gif

Erin--sounds like progress! Glad you got that cleared up, it must have been very nerve-wracking not knowing what the holdup was! (Just ask MelissaSue!
2.gif
)

allycat--LOVE your new Av!!
1.gif

book_of_love, consider yourself our newest member! Let the hazing begin!! (Just kidding! Just kidding!
9.gif
)

1215n--glad to hear from you, I was afraid you''d forgotten about us!! I know what you mean, I''ve been here a while too and along with my happiness for the newly-engaged comes just a little bit of jealousy. But I know we have lots of other things that are of bigger importance (like my stupid car, which decided to die on me again last night so I had to put another $200 into it today to make it run again, sigh...) and I''m trying to be mature and realistic about it. I don''t want him to kill himself or be eternally poor by buying me a ring. I DO want to get married, though, and unfortunately engagement is the next step, ring or not!

I''m still hoping for New Year''s, but am trying to downtalk my own excitement so I won''t be disappointed if it doesn''t happen...
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP