shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Cell phones getting sales calls? I never give out my cell number or my email address unless I absolutely have to, just to avoid things like this. I really do hope it is a hoax but just to be safe, I will sign up. Thanks for the info!

Good news here, take me off the list......I am engaged!!!!! It happened this past weekend and although I had a lot of input with the ring, the proposal was a total surprise. I had a gut feeling it was coming soon but my best friend was in town on Sat and I figured he would try to do a lot of things (ask my dad for permission, call the jeweler to have the ring set, etc) while I was out for the day. And I wasn''t sure if he was going to give it to me right away. Apparently he had the ring set on Friday afternoon, went straight to see my dad and ask permission and came right home to ask me. He wasn''t in the door more than 5 minutes before he popped the question. We had just put up our Christmas tree and were planning on decorating it that night. When he got home, he put the ring on the tree and told me to come into the living room to see the new ornament he bought. It took me a min or so to see what he was talking about. When I finally saw the ring and took it off the tree, I turned around and he was on one knee. It wasn''t a big fancy to-do, but it was super sweet and perfect for us. Later on he mentioned that he originally planned on waiting until later that night when the tree was all decorated but once he got home with the ring, he just couldn''t wait!

I will definitely post some pics tonight when I get home. I need to charge the digital cam battery first. But here is a description in the meantime. It''s a 1.17 carat princess cut diamond, G VVS1 I think, set in a platinum Scott Kay band with 2 princess cut side stones. I haven''t stopped looking at it all weekend!

So now it''s on to the other fun stuff like dresses and cakes. I love all the pics you guys have been posting of cakes and dresses, especially the cupcake wedding cakes. My fiance LOVES cupcakes and I think if I agreed to a cupcake wedding cake, he would let me plan the rest of the wedding myself, no questions asked!

Congratulations Goldielocks!!! I can''t wait to see the pictures! That is so cute he did it as an ornament...he gets creativity points!

Goldie

That's GREAT! I'm so thrilled for you. Your proposal sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. :) Good luck with all your wedding plans!! congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Appletini
Pearls! What a luxurious gift. You are lucky to have such a thoughtful guy.
1.gif

I finally got my Christmas lights up and my cards done last night.. is anyone else doing last minute decorating/shopping/cooking? Can't wait to put my feet up for a few days between Christmas and New Years.

-lovey

Congrats Goldilocks!! That's so exciting...I love a holiday proposal
emlove.gif
Can't wait for the pics!!!

Amaleekeel (I am sure I spelled that wrong....) it's not my pink poodle, but I love that shot. I have a black mini poodle who I rescued as a senior a few years ago and he's just a darling wobbly little 12 year old mama's boy...My BF jokes that he will be the flower dog who will kind of wander into pews on his way up the aisle
1.gif
I LOVE the whole notion of therapy dogs....they bring such love and good will. I grew up with Standards (my parents have 3 at the moment--giant fluffy beasts!) (And I'm too chicken to do the Dr. Phil thing too, but it sure is timely.....I bet that show would be all over a thread like ours.)

Tybee I'm so glad you guys are loving PC!! There are some great restaurants there too. I think that a yearly trip is a great idea--an early wedding gift to yourselves!! GG, I like The Canyons too--my friend's new husband is actually in charge of the ski school over there...they are big ski bums. (In their wedding, in fact, she was supposed to ride DOWN the chair lift in her dress at the Park City resort and then meet her dad at the bottom of the hill to walk up the aisle....it was all planned and then there was lightening in the area that day and they couldn't do it.) THANK YOU to both of you for the nice words about my dad....yes, it is kind of earth-shaking to realize that our parents aren't permanently stuck in time the way they are in our memories....my parents are fixed at around 45 in my head which really doesn't make sense now that I"m 30!! Tybee, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

All right ladies, let's keep crossing them off....

Happy 5-days-left-of-shoppping!

(eta: Yes, Lovey, I"m right there with you....I ALWAYS wait until the last minute to do the majority of my shopping!!

Apple, I forgot to mention, but that is all great news--really thoughtful b-day gifts and fun even w/o the proposal....and good communication re: Chile, etc. It's coming soon, I can feel it!!)

CONGRATS goldielocks!!! That sounds suspiciously like one of the proposals being considered in the Proposal forum...are you sure he wasn't secretly Pricescoping???
2.gif
We're dying for pics, so don't forget about us when you get that battery!!!
3.gif

Ama, I've been with my honey just over a year. We celebrated our anny in September... so I'm not TOO anxious, yet, not that I'd turn down a ring or anything!
2.gif
But I can say now that I've known for a year he was the one.
1.gif
(Well, next week I can say that!) And the ladies-in-waiting club has been around a few weeks longer than I have (August something? Under my name...)--I was member #13.
32.gif
2.gif

I feel bad for all you ladies still shopping--I've been done for WEEKS!!!
9.gif

Oh, yes, dream e-ring: please reference the many Michael B. threads of late.
18.gif

04P18.jpg

What an awesome proposal story! I would LOVE to get engaged this time of year, involving the Christmas tree or a carriage ride or something seasonal! Congrats and I can''t wait to see the ring- it sounds AMAZING!!!!!
36.gif

Congrats Goldi! It does sound like one of the proposal stories that I saw on P''Scope...so sweet- what a great way to always have a smiley memory when decorating the tree each year!

Blue- sooo glad your dad is getting better.

Lovey- I am so far behind with holiday stuff- I got my tree up right away, and bought one present, then hit a stall...now will have to do all the rest of my shopping on Wed and Thurs. Sigh, such a procrastinator.

Well, i will not be a X-mas or New Years proposal receiver, but things are definitely moving forward. He told me on Saturday that he was going to be looking around Pricescope to get more informed. We also went out last night and looked at rings- saw 2 Royal Asscher stones that were GORGEOUS! But since the markup on the Royal is so much, will be getting a generic asscher. But WOWEE! I have to say there was nothing subtle about the sparkle with the Royal.

We then went to dinner and had a discussion about childrens names- it started off as a silly conversation , but segued into an almost serious talk. So, things are definitely moving along.

Besides dealing with the holidays, I am also packing up my house getting ready to move in with him on January 15th. So my place looks like a tornado has ripped through.

My cats are starting to panic, as they seem to sense that something is going on...

Date: 12/20/2004 2:18:40 PM
Author: goldengirl
Oh, yes, dream e-ring: please reference the many Michael B. threads of late.
18.gif

04P18.jpg

GG: I tried this ring on. It is gorgeous. I ultimately decided on the 3-sided! but this one is gorgeous just the same!!!

Add me to the list.....

I''ve been told by my sister that he said he wants to pop the big Q on our anniversary (July 7)

SOOOO far away!!!!!!!!!!!

Here''s us....

49399009541_468.jpg

Well, we lose one, we gain one. I don't think we're ever going to pare down this list!!
2.gif

Welcome, Kelly! Your bf looks like a guy I used to know in HS named Trevor. His name's not Trevor, is it???
6.gif

FTLOD: I actually don't want the Michael B, just something similar. And I don't think I'd get the three-sided just cuz I wouldn't want them wearing at my wedding band, and because I'd feel like I was "wasting" money on diamonds I wouldn't really be able to see. (I'm so cheap.) For that same reason, and because I expect my fingers to be one of those irritating kind that changes sizes four times a year and with pregnancy or age, I wouldn't get the full eternity, just like 80% of the way around. But it's pretty close to my dream ring.
3.gif

gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif[/img]
1215n
tlmd
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
goldielocks
Erin
Dani
flyerfan
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
kayla17 (honorary member)
AMALEEKEL
JCJD (honorary member)
innerkitten(honorary member)
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
kasih
persistent
blue824
kellypooh24

Date: 12/20/2004 4:45:45 PM

FTLOD: I actually don''t want the Michael B, just something similar. And I don''t think I''d get the three-sided just cuz I wouldn''t want them wearing at my wedding band, and because I''d feel like I was ''wasting'' money on diamonds I wouldn''t really be able to see. (I''m so cheap.) For that same reason, and because I expect my fingers to be one of those irritating kind that changes sizes four times a year and with pregnancy or age, I wouldn''t get the full eternity, just like 80% of the way around. But it''s pretty close to my dream ring.
3.gif

Hi GG:

Wear on the wedding band is somehow misunderstood. If your rings are sized correctly and don''t spin, there will be no rubbing and thus no wear. I "sort-of" understand the feeling of perhaps wasting money on diamonds you wouldn''t see when wearing the bands together...however, on my original set, I sometimes wore my e-ring alone, or my wedding band alone, or both together...depended on my mood...so this way, for me anyway, the three-sided on both rings is important! I understand on the sizing issue; however, to me weight gain or loss has never done anything to my fingers and if ever it needed to be resized, it just needs to be sent back to Michael B. It may be a bit more expensive and time consuming, but to me, it was worth having something SOO beautiful!

goldengirl, I GAWKED over that M.B ring when I saw it in person. WHAT an awesome piece!!! I was shocked that it was a MB ring since it wasnt on their website. They have such a HUUUGE collection and only show like 5 rings. Weird. What's nice is that ring is from his '04 collection. :)

Congratulations Goldielocks! I agree - it would be awesome to remember that moment every year you put decorations on the tree!!! You should get an ornament like a diamond ring to put on it every year!!!

I found an awesome wedding dress site http://www.saisonblanchecouture.com/

Here is my favorite

pleated.jpg

FTLOD: I have a real problem with my rings spinning now, is there any reason for me to believe they would not when I have a "real" ring? But I know what you mean, and I tell you, if I were filthy rich it would be a must-have!!
3.gif

Erin, that's such a cute idea!!
1.gif

Date: 12/20/2004 5:20:40 PM
FTLOD: I have a real problem with my rings spinning now, is there any reason for me to believe they would not when I have a ''real'' ring? But I know what you mean, and I tell you, if I were filthy rich it would be a must-have!!
3.gif

Erin, that''s such a cute idea!!
1.gif

GG: Sad to hear about ring spin, it would drive me crazy!! I am not filthy rich!! BUT!! It''s still a must have...like I tell my husband!! I am worth every penny!

So has anyone filled out the Dr. Phil form?

I would just be
14.gif
for doing that - anyone know when the episode will air?

Wouldn''t mind asking him if he wants to watch Deerhunter but instead popping in a recorded tape of that show
27.gif

Jenwill - my dog always knows when we''re packing the luggage for a trip, or running around looking for our shoes/watch/ whatever - especially when we were packing to move. Pets pick up on that stuff - make sure you leave their toys out for them to play in the meantime and for the car ride and for the new place!

Erin- I love it! I could hang the "engagement ring" ornaments on my tree every year and always be reminded of the year he proposed. And I bet they sparkle real nice against the tree lights too! The wedding dress site you posted has some really different, beautiful dresses. I love that they show you the dress from different angles too. I wish they all did that. It would make narrowing down the selection a whole lot easier!

Date: 12/20/2004 4:45:45 PM
Well, we lose one, we gain one. I don''t think we''re ever going to pare down this list!!
2.gif

Welcome, Kelly! Your bf looks like a guy I used to know in HS named Trevor. His name''s not Trevor, is it???
6.gif

FTLOD: I actually don''t want the Michael B, just something similar. And I don''t think I''d get the three-sided just cuz I wouldn''t want them wearing at my wedding band, and because I''d feel like I was ''wasting'' money on diamonds I wouldn''t really be able to see. (I''m so cheap.) For that same reason, and because I expect my fingers to be one of those irritating kind that changes sizes four times a year and with pregnancy or age, I wouldn''t get the full eternity, just like 80% of the way around. But it''s pretty close to my dream ring.
3.gif
gg - my friend has that michael B...its gorgeous...very delicate looking. i think its pretty easy to get a version of this ring made custom, for a Waaaaaaay better price.

kelly - welcome! your bf looks like a guy I know too! his name is adam. are you going out with mr. everyman?
9.gif

lol@ ginger... Mr. Everyman... lmao!!
9.gif

FTLOD, I think we probably define "filthy rich" differently. For me, it is "make more money every month than I owe in bills", lol!!!!! In a few years, it would probably be in the budget, but right now he''s a poor college kid and I''m a poor working dog mom. Anybody have an "in" for a government job?
2.gif
AZ is so expensive to live, and the wages don''t quite keep up at our education/experience levels. Definitely looking forward to our move to the midwest, estimated for Spring ''06.

I dunno why my rings spin, it could be that they''re just a smidgen too big... but I always just figured solitaire-style rings inevitably spin, since they''re top-heavy.. are you telling me this isn''t true??
3.gif

Ooh! So much to catch up on! I''ve been wildly busy lately. Since its gotten so cold around here lately (-30) pipes are beginning to freeze, mainly my grandmothers. Her pipes were frozen solid as we found out late Saturday afternoon and had to have her come stay at my mom''s house for the last two days. We''re a bit mad though. We had a plummer come over on Saturday night to help us unthaw the pipes and he said to just stick a space heater under the house and that should clear things up, umm..no!
29.gif
We had the space heater under the house all day on Sunday, about 7 hours total...and then the pipes burst. So, of course, the plummer had to come back and slide around in icy cold water under a frozen house to fix the pipe and then finish unthawing all of the pipes. Whew, now we''re done. They just finished fixing the problem, but they didnt'' do anything about insulating the pipes, so we''ll see, what a mess.

goldielocks - Congrats on your engagement! It sounds so sweet and romantic. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I would just love to get proposed to this time of year. My ideal propsal would be in a sleigh ride at night with tony bennett singing for us (like that will ever happen
3.gif
)

So..there''s been some changes in how things are going. Boy and I are talking again. But do not fear, I am NOT making any plans of taking him back. We are being civil and discussing things. He is telling me why he quit talking to me and I am telling him how it made me feel and all of that business. He doesn''t have a girlfriend, so he didn''t cheat. I even spoke to his mother and step father about it. When I asked his mother who his girlfriend is, she sounded suprised and said "Umm, you are.." As far as I am concerned, he and I are completely broken up, but I would like things to remain civil between us, I don''t completely hate him and I don''t completely want him out of my life because he''s been a huge part of my life for the last two years. We still have lots to discuss. I am in the driver''s seat this time, if I want out, I get the first say. Right now, all I want is just to sort things out to gain full closure and to move on with my life. I just need to keep a clear head about everything.

This is kind of a bummer though, he was going to come up after New Years and we were going to maybe start looking at rings. He mentioned going to Niagra Falls to propose around my birthday, but that plan kind of flew out the window. Oh well, I''ll just live vicariously through everyone else!
9.gif

Hi Everyone! I hope you''re having a good week before Christmas!
I am home from work for an entire week, so I hope I don''t overpost!!!
It'' s just me and the dogs...so forgive me! HaHa!

Here is a ring that I think is beautiful. I want mine to taper in towards the diamond to make it POP.
Does anyone know much about Ritani? I''ve heard the name a lot but never anything positive or negative.
Let me know. I picture it with a 3/4 carat round? Not to say that I wouldn''t take bigger! hahaha
18.gif

1301A_pl_a_big.jpg

Date: 12/20/2004 6:10:21 PM
lol@ ginger... Mr. Everyman... lmao!!
9.gif

FTLOD, I think we probably define ''filthy rich'' differently. For me, it is ''make more money every month than I owe in bills'', lol!!!!! In a few years, it would probably be in the budget, but right now he''s a poor college kid and I''m a poor working dog mom. Anybody have an ''in'' for a government job?
2.gif
AZ is so expensive to live, and the wages don''t quite keep up at our education/experience levels. Definitely looking forward to our move to the midwest, estimated for Spring ''06.

I dunno why my rings spin, it could be that they''re just a smidgen too big... but I always just figured solitaire-style rings inevitably spin, since they''re top-heavy.. are you telling me this isn''t true??
3.gif

Oh GG Hun! Good vibes on the gov. job! They are hard to come by!! I know what it is like to be a college student since I just finished my defence on my thesis today! I passed!! Even after all this pricescoping LOL!

As for ring spin...if the solitaire is set high and is big (more than 1.5c or so) then it is likely that it will be top heavy and just lay to one side. This is why it is not advisable to have a large stone set high. If the stone is set low and the ring spins it is b/c it is too big!

Oh, FTLOD, I mean I WANT one, I''m hoping for some insider help!!
2.gif
I tried with a local police dept. but apparently didn''t impress them at my interview. Am now doing my best to schmooze a college--my second choice, because that comes with a free education!
3.gif
If it''s all bust, odds are I''ll at least be able to snag something with the IRS come tax time!!
31.gif

gg - if you want a govt job, come to the UK, our govt is falling over itself to hire more and more people to comfortable, fairly well-paid non-jobs with incredibly high final salary pensions backed - of course - by the British taxpayer
29.gif
I feel a rant coming on... I will go... see you all later!

lol...........hey, England''s looking better every day!!
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations Goldielocks!
36.gif
36.gif

Love that he had it hanging on the tree and i second Erin's suggestion of getting a ring ornament... that would be too cute!!!

GG - Ive actually been surprised that my ring hasnt really been spinning. I have the "my knuckles are bigger than my finger problem", but it actually hasnt been a problem.
33.gif
The only time (so far) my ring has spun is when i go outside in the freezing cold and when i have my gloves on!

BoL - Sorry to hear of all the pipe freezing trouble. Dont get yourself down over the whole ring thing... remember to take care of yourself first!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP