shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Elle - Yay I''m so glad non-ferris pitten is ok! And ya, I''m not ok w/ the remark your boss made. I think you should get HDG to represent you!

Sunny - What did the vergena doc say? Sorry if I missed it....

Thanks TP and Wino!

Yes, how''s that bajingo doing, sunny??

Date: 2/23/2010 11:27:39 AM
Author: winelover23
Elle - Yay I''m so glad non-ferris pitten is ok! And ya, I''m not ok w/ the remark your boss made. I think you should get HDG to represent you!

Sunny - What did the vergena doc say? Sorry if I missed it....
Hi Wifey!

Nothing much. Some freaky missing . is all. They''ll do lab work if it happens 3 months in a row, but other than that there''s not much they can do. Whatevs, as long as it doesn''t happen again!

Date: 2/23/2010 10:42:34 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/23/2010 10:40:36 AM
Author: sunnyd
Morning peeps!

WTF Elle?!?! Your office sucks even more now than it did.
38.gif
Is there some sort of NAACP org for you to go to? Apparently your bosses don''t give a rat''s ass about keeping the racist comments to a minimum...
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Morning sunny!!

I''m seriously bummed about this. I just feel like I can''t trust her anymore. Blah.

NAAJP?
41.gif

The worst part is that it wasnt said directly to me... so.. how do I even complain about that?
14.gif
29.gif
I hate ignorant people.

Since you are looking for work, I wouldn''t bother complaining. The people who say that kind of thing (especially those who should know better) aren''t likely to change their attitudes.

You are going to get a better job in a nice place doing something you like. (plus better pay & nicer people)
If you get a chance to talk to boss''s boss as you are leaving the company, you might mention it to him/her so it doesn''t have to happen to the next person they hire.

hey ladies! it''s been such a long time since i''ve been in small-talk, but that was mostly because of work. as of Sunday, my bar went out of business so i am now unemployed. i guess the good news is that i have more time to post while i job hunt.
2.gif
i hope you all have been well and what the heck have i missed?!

Almost forgot --

Good morning everyone.

I got my dress! The size 8 fits just perfectly. Tried to take a picture but the batteries in the camera were dead. I''ll get some tonight.

Date: 2/23/2010 11:33:33 AM
Author: TooPatient

Date: 2/23/2010 10:42:34 AM

Date: 2/23/2010 10:40:36 AM
Morning peeps!

WTF Elle?!?! Your office sucks even more now than it did.
38.gif
Is there some sort of NAACP org for you to go to? Apparently your bosses don''t give a rat''s ass about keeping the racist comments to a minimum...
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Morning sunny!!

I''m seriously bummed about this. I just feel like I can''t trust her anymore. Blah.

NAAJP?
41.gif

The worst part is that it wasnt said directly to me... so.. how do I even complain about that?
14.gif
29.gif
I hate ignorant people.

Since you are looking for work, I wouldn''t bother complaining. The people who say that kind of thing (especially those who should know better) aren''t likely to change their attitudes.

You are going to get a better job in a nice place doing something you like. (plus better pay & nicer people)
If you get a chance to talk to boss''s boss as you are leaving the company, you might mention it to him/her so it doesn''t have to happen to the next person they hire.
J keeps telling me "This is your way out!"
3.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 11:37:09 AM
Author: vip0802
hey ladies! it''s been such a long time since i''ve been in small-talk, but that was mostly because of work. as of Sunday, my bar went out of business so i am now unemployed. i guess the good news is that i have more time to post while i job hunt.
2.gif
I hate to say it, but I''m jealous of unemployed people right now.

Good luck on your job hunt!

You''ve missed... oh gosh.....

Squirrly? quick 300 page summary??

Date: 2/23/2010 11:38:00 AM
Author: TooPatient
Almost forgot --

Good morning everyone.

I got my dress! The size 8 fits just perfectly. Tried to take a picture but the batteries in the camera were dead. I''ll get some tonight.
Glad it fits, TP!

Date: 2/23/2010 11:42:05 AM

oh elle...just read about your boss'' comment.
29.gif
i''m sorry your working environment is so crappy! i would''ve suggested to try to talk to her again or go to human resources, but i have a feeling that may not work out for you.

thanks for the luck! job hunting is actually quite depressing at the moment, but i am enjoying this time off for now. it just sucks that i feel like i can''t go out and do as i please, which would normally include spending money.
3.gif

yes, a summary from Squirrly please! LOL!
2.gif

2.gif

Hey Vi!!!
9.gif

An ST-er I''ve met IRL...YAY!!!

Sorry about your bar. There''s a place on King Street in Alexandria looking for "Serevers with Bartending Experience" called the Flying Fish. I know you were a manager, but it might be something to tie you over...even if it is a bit far (but easy to get to from the Metro!).

Squirrly...get on that summary!

Hi ladies...I''m here.

Oh lordy, I had to call in late to work (::clears throat:: ''car trouble''). Too much red wine = terrible headache this morning and needed more sleep.

Last night was a great success
36.gif
The ladies are all beautiful and wonderful...and funnY!!!!!!!!!!! Saw some gorgeous bling (seriously stunning rings!) and had some laughs. One problem
9.gif

(don''t get mad
12.gif
) we didnt take any pictures

We got a little sidetracked...a lil tipsy (HH got tipsy on grenadine)...then a little tired and no one really wanted their pictures taken by then.

Date: 2/23/2010 11:57:44 AM
Author: Bia
Hi ladies...I''m here.

Oh lordy, I had to call in late to work (::clears throat:: ''car trouble''). Too much red wine = terrible headache this morning and needed more sleep.

36.gif
The ladies are all beautiful and wonderful...and funnY!!!!!!!!!!! Saw some gorgeous bling (seriously stunning rings!) and had some laughs. One problem
9.gif

(don''t get mad
12.gif

We got a little sidetracked...a lil tipsy (HH got tipsy on grenadine)...then a little tired and no one really wanted their pictures taken by then.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Hi ladies...I''m here.

36.gif
9.gif

(don''t get mad
12.gif

I''m sad you didnt take pictures!

But I''m so glad you alll had a wonderful time!!

Naughty girls boozing!
31.gif

I wanna play next time!

Elle, I think you need to work your "entitlement" into something you say to her. Then she''ll know that you know what she said, and you might feel better about sticking it to her.
11.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 11:59:08 AM
Elle, I think you need to work your ''entitlement'' into something you say to her. Then she''ll know that you know what she said, and you might feel better about sticking it to her.
11.gif
Hahaha! Love this idea!

Date: 2/23/2010 12:00:48 PM

Elle, I think you need to work your ''entitlement'' into something you say to her. Then she''ll know that you know what she said, and you might feel better about sticking it to her.
11.gif
Hahaha! Love this idea!
Covert and evil...I like it!
11.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 11:58:23 AM
Author: vc10um

Hi ladies...I'm here.

Oh lordy, I had to call in late to work (::clears throat:: 'car trouble'). Too much red wine = terrible headache this morning and needed more sleep.

36.gif
9.gif

(don't get mad
12.gif

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I know love. We're sorry.

I think Steph got a few of the belly dancer...after we saw her we all felt fat and pictures didn't sound as fun as they originally would have been. I'm going to the gym today after work btw.
40.gif

Next time....we PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!

eta: Wife, I'm very, very, very happy to hear that Geeshhhhh is okay.

Date: 2/23/2010 12:03:01 PM

Date: 2/23/2010 11:58:23 AM

Hi ladies...I''m here.

36.gif
9.gif

(don''t get mad
12.gif

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I know love. We''re sorry.

I think Steph got a few of the belly dancer...after we saw her we all felt fat and pictures didn''t sound as fun as they originally would have been. I''m going to the gym today after work btw.
40.gif

Next time....we PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!

eta: Wife, I''m very, very, very happy to hear that Geeshhhhh is okay.
Bahaha!

No pictures?!?!?! Booooooo!!!
39.gif

Booo! I was hoping for pictures.

FI and I saw the Magnetic Fields last night. It was pretty bad a$$.

Date: 2/23/2010 12:01:11 PM

11.gif
Hahaha! Love this idea!
11.gif
I''m big on passive aggressiveness.
27.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 12:08:11 PM

11.gif
Hahaha! Love this idea!
11.gif
27.gif
hahah. Thats why I like you so much!
11.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 12:08:11 PM

11.gif

Hahaha! Love this idea!
11.gif

27.gif

Heh--you are bad, wife!
30.gif

Hey Vi!!!
9.gif

Sorry about your bar. There''s a place on King Street in Alexandria looking for ''Serevers with Bartending Experience'' called the Flying Fish. I know you were a manager, but it might be something to tie you over...even if it is a bit far (but easy to get to from the Metro!).

Squirrly...get on that summary![/quote]

V!!!! yes, vc is one of the few PS''er that i''ve actually gone jewelry shopping with!
31.gif
oh, i''ve been meaning to ask you about updates on the jewelry from TJB...the peridot & amethyst pieces?

thanks for the heads up! i think i''m going to retire from the bar scene for now. don''t get me wrong, i love the people that i worked with and the regulars that are now friends, but i gotta quote Sgt. Murtagh (Danny Glover) from Lethal Weapon and say, "i''m getting too old for this s**t!". i''ve been applying to several government agencies since i worked in biologics before the bar gig. i think it''ll be nice to be able to sit rather than run around on my feet 10 hours a day. oh, and be able to take off work if i''m injured (you know my track record) with benefits too!
9.gif

oops...VC''s quote was supposed to be in that
3.gif

I have to write a stupid paper.

The book we read in my English class stunk. The woman''s whole point was that every bad thing in her life was someone else''s fault.

Sleeping with 24 year old man at age of 12 = mother didn''t love her. (plus the fact that military men are "dangerous")
Fibromayalgia = the wounds left on her spirit when the Europeans were mean to her ancestors 200 years ago.
alcoholism = hiding from the pain caused by the evil Europeans brought on by looking around and finding herself in a town that was "full of white faces"

Quick summery -- Men are insensitive. Women are spiritual. Europeans are "evil". Her people "are stuck living in America". Military people are unfaithful and "dangerous".

And yes, the paper has to be the standard politically correct thing. (another student answered a question honestly -- yes, the events were bad but it happened in the past to her ancestors and she needs to take responsibility for her own issues)

Have to leave early to do an interview for a school project. Please let these next two week pass by QUICK so I can get a much needed rest!

Date: 2/23/2010 12:12:42 PM
Hey Vi!!!
9.gif

Sorry about your bar. There''s a place on King Street in Alexandria looking for ''Serevers with Bartending Experience'' called the Flying Fish. I know you were a manager, but it might be something to tie you over...even if it is a bit far (but easy to get to from the Metro!).

Squirrly...get on that summary!

V!!!! yes, vc is one of the few PS''er that i''ve actually gone jewelry shopping with!
31.gif
oh, i''ve been meaning to ask you about updates on the jewelry from TJB...the peridot & amethyst pieces?

thanks for the heads up! i think i''m going to retire from the bar scene for now. don''t get me wrong, i love the people that i worked with and the regulars that are now friends, but i gotta quote Sgt. Murtagh (Danny Glover) from Lethal Weapon and say, ''i''m getting too old for this s**t!''. i''ve been applying to several government agencies since i worked in biologics before the bar gig. i think it''ll be nice to be able to sit rather than run around on my feet 10 hours a day. oh, and be able to take off work if i''m injured (you know my track record) with benefits too!
9.gif
[/quote]
No word on the necklace that I loved on the second floor...I''m waiting to commission that one until we have wedding date and I have a dress. It might get knocked down to a bracelet because I''m realizing that I''m most likely going to want to wear pearls, since, on top of loving them and them being the perfect wedding jewelry...they''re my birthstone.

However, that amethyst sugarloaf ring I loved on the first floor...is gonna be mine! Well, not that exact one, but Swala Gem Traders cut me a 10mm square sugarloaf amethyst special order and all 4.17 carats of her is en route to me right now! I''m gonna get it custom set at Quest in Fairfax in rose gold, but without the diamond melee. The stone will cover enough of my finger that I don''t need the extra bling.
9.gif

2.gif

lol sure now that you ask for a summary i can post again
3.gif
especially sinc oh the last time she visited ust STers was sept 4th
38.gif

which was on page 114! back then CK, MK, jessie, DG, princess, kribbie, freke, and possibly a few others were still posting in this thread and princess please and firey have been making recent appearances (my apologies if i forgot any of our lovely lady lurkers), but as much as i''d love to do an epic 633 page update i''m afraid you''re just going to get recent memories.

since you left us:

in the beginning there was poop. and poopcake. and farts. sometimes mixed in with lunch, shoes, holiday foods, "cleaning", booze, and dramz.
sunny had landlord blues, elle''s man registers special domain names when drunk, kittehs, kittehs, D.O.G. and friends, more kittehs, LP made an awesome scarecrow and won the best PS hair award and is currently fighting the wax seal battle, wino is giving poopcake a run for its money with castle cake and is doubling as a professional girls room decorator and was recently so sick she was puking so much there could be no wine but thankfully all is right in the world and she can keep her booze down she also picked out an adorable orange dress for mini (shortly before the days of toilet worshipping commenced), jcar and MK both moved on to greener job pastures MK can''t post as much and jcar still gets up ridiculously early to look at mullet braids of doom and to plan epic ribbon victories, future girl shared the wealth of future sangria and is currently at the beach which apparently makes her BF mad and she is going to come back and post pics of her alice in wonderland costume, elle looks great in cardboard, hates spiders, and is going to be a jewish activist socialite and she also already traumatized her new camera, bia left us for PR and came back with pictures and tormented HDG with food and is contemplating what degree to do next (she has a school addiction problem but it''s ok elle''s got one too so they make a great couple), HH is preggers and wants someone to be preggers with her and she can''t change the kitty litter anymore cause it makes her sick and her cat recently shredded carpet and she''s a B-pic model or at least the should be, HDG got her rock which is stunning and has a nice sparkly broach to wear with her gown and is/was considering a gorgeous venue in PR, B BigT HH and HDG met up last night and owe us pictures, TP is now jewish and is getting close to being engaged and is going out for dinner on her b-day to some fancy restaurant and has a dress that''ll hopefully help move the engagement along and one of the guys she works for has a crazy daughter who''s in and out of jail, BigT has a lot of school which sucks cause lately she''s been in and out but if you make an attorney joke she''ll appear to pretend to be wounded (kinda like freke with shoues or me with summaries)

in short: it''s still poop, food, cake, pie, bugs, kittes, dogs (HDG has a cutie and so does B and of course DOG), kittehs getting sick, sunny''s vasheesh not behaving, pregnancies, our boys, dramz, most of us still dislike our jobs or lack thereof, while there have been some injuries, no one''s died from head-desking yet, poop protocol, and lots and lots of should be exercising but food is way more important to talk about (besides food just leads to more poop).

now to see if PS doesn''t eat this post. if it does i''m just posting POOP and hoping you get its deeper meaning.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP