36.gif

Great news, wifey!

Good morning, all!
35.gif

Morning small talk
1.gif

morning wifey
28.gif

HH: Yay! Money, money, money, monnnneeey...moneeeeeyyyy.

Good morning!

Congrats on the refund, HH!

I have a class soon that I absolutely love. It''s all about dating, marriage, and families. This is the one class I''ve ever taken that I actually look at my watch hoping there''s MORE time left to class.

Bah! I have a day full of meetings that I don''t want to go to!!!

Good morning Wife, VC, and Elro!

That sounds like a cool class Lilac. What are you studying?

Date: 3/2/2010 9:48:50 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Well, I''m studying psychology and starting grad school in the fall or summer for Occupational Therapy, but I''ve finished all my classes for my major so now I''m just taking random classes for credits to graduate in May. This class is a sociology of the family class. There are two married girls in the class and 4 boys (out of 40 people) so it''s interesting to hear other peoples'' perspectives and opinions on things. The teacher always asks the married girls'' opinions and the boys'' opinions after she hears how other people feel. Unfortunately, the other married girl doesn''t seem to be very happily married so she has a pretty negative attitude towards the whole thing. Some of the guys are JERKS ("sure I would sleep with a girl after the first date and never call her back - who wants to get married anyway? we just want to have sex and sit around all day anyway"). Clearly the guys in my class aren''t a good representation of men as a whole, but it''s crazy what comes out of their mouths sometimes.

Date: 3/2/2010 9:56:44 AM
Author: Lilac

Date: 3/2/2010 9:48:50 AM

Well, I''m studying psychology and starting grad school in the fall or summer for Occupational Therapy, but I''ve finished all my classes for my major so now I''m just taking random classes for credits to graduate in May. This class is a sociology of the family class. There are two married girls in the class and 4 boys (out of 40 people) so it''s interesting to hear other peoples'' perspectives and opinions on things. The teacher always asks the married girls'' opinions and the boys'' opinions after she hears how other people feel. Unfortunately, the other married girl doesn''t seem to be very happily married so she has a pretty negative attitude towards the whole thing. Some of the guys are JERKS (''sure I would sleep with a girl after the first date and never call her back - who wants to get married anyway? we just want to have sex and sit around all day anyway''). Clearly the guys in my class aren''t a good representation of men as a whole, but it''s crazy what comes out of their mouths sometimes.
20.gif

Who do they think they''re impressing?

Sounds like a fun class, Lilac!

Lilac, that sounds like an AWESOME class! I''m jealous of you getting to take things you WANTED to take...I was an engineer...we didn''t really HAVE that option, lol.
20.gif

In other news, I actually managed to turn down a Krispy Kreme donut this morning. I''m pretty proud of myself.

I took a class in college called Human Sexuality. I loved it! Boy, did it ever get controversial!

Date: 3/2/2010 9:59:30 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Who do they think they''re impressing?

Sounds like a fun class, Lilac!

I''m not sure because all the girls think they''re horrible when they say things like that.

vc - impressive that you turned down a Krispy Kreme! I''m not sure I have the willpower...

Bia - I also took a class like that about a year ago, but I had a pretty boring teacher unfortunately. It had so much potential to be interesting but she was so monotonous and boring. Glad you had a good experience with it though!
1.gif

Alright, I''m off to class. See you all a little later!
35.gif

Date: 3/2/2010 10:01:15 AM
Author: vc10um
Lilac, that sounds like an AWESOME class! I''m jealous of you getting to take things you WANTED to take...I was an engineer...we didn''t really HAVE that option, lol.
20.gif

In other news, I actually managed to turn down a Krispy Kreme donut this morning. I''m pretty proud of myself.
Ditto! I only took 6 classes that I choose in my whole four years.

Lilac, that sounds really cool! I always wanted to take a class like that.

Date: 3/2/2010 10:09:58 AM
Author: elrohwen

20.gif

Aside from Marching Band, I took TWO.

Everything else was either, "you must take this class" or "choose A or B and they suck equally"...if you can even call that a choice, then I think I had about 6, too.

Date: 3/2/2010 10:14:40 AM

Date: 3/2/2010 10:09:58 AM
Author: elrohwen

Lilac, that sounds like an AWESOME class! I'm jealous of you getting to take things you WANTED to take...I was an engineer...we didn't really HAVE that option, lol.
20.gif

In other news, I actually managed to turn down a Krispy Kreme donut this morning. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Aside from Marching Band, I took TWO.

Everything else was either, 'you must take this class' or 'choose A or B and they suck equally'...if you can even call that a choice, then I think I had about 6, too.
I think I actually had 6 free choices. I ended up taking linguistics, Old English, Welsh, History of English to 1300, Eastern Religions, and Econ. I just took whatever I found the most interesting.

We had some of those choose A or B electives as well. Lame!

Morning lovelies!

Morning, LP!

morning LP!

Ok... my phone just rang while on silent. And no one was calling.
33.gif
33.gif

Date: 3/2/2010 10:22:12 AM
morning LP!

Ok... my phone just rang while on silent. And no one was calling.
33.gif
33.gif
Creepy.

Morning, LP!

OH. MY. GOD.

So K was walking to the bathroom this morning and makes a really weird freaked out noise. I asked what was up and he just says "this is not a toy!" I was like, "WTF are you talking about?"

Apparently we have mice--the cats left a present at our bedroom door this morning/last night. K thought it was one of their cat toys. I''m just glad they didn''t bring it up on the bed!

Good kitties.
1.gif

I guess one of the benefits of studying something I loved was that I was excited about almost every class I took.

That said, in four years I didn''t take a single class that didn''t accomplish a goal - classes either fulfilled gen ed requirements, "ATCs" (reading intensive classes, writing intensive classes, speaking intensive classes...we had several requirements above gen ed classes that we had to meet), English requirements, Anthro requirements, or Spanish (not required, but my goal was to be fluent by graduation). Most of my courses counted for at least two requirements, and not once in 4 years did I take a class just because I thought it sounded interesting without thinking about what requirement I needed to fulfil.

Date: 3/2/2010 10:35:35 AM
Author: ladypirate
OH. MY. GOD.

So K was walking to the bathroom this morning and makes a really weird freaked out noise. I asked what was up and he just says ''this is not a toy!'' I was like, ''WTF are you talking about?''

Apparently we have mice--the cats left a present at our bedroom door this morning/last night. K thought it was one of their cat toys. I''m just glad they didn''t bring it up on the bed!

Good kitties.
1.gif
I am equally amused and grossed out at the same time, LP.

OH. MY. GOD.

So K was walking to the bathroom this morning and makes a really weird freaked out noise. I asked what was up and he just says ''this is not a toy!'' I was like, ''WTF are you talking about?''

Good kitties.
1.gif
23.gif

I''m glad that even if we did have mice, our cats would *never* be able to catch one.

Gross.
14.gif

Date: 3/2/2010 8:57:46 AM
Sweet Lord I just got the best news I could get. We''re actually getting a refund this year and it''s pretty substantial!
Woohoo!! We found out what we''re getting back, and it''s making me see dollar signs in front of my eyes.
31.gif
22.gif
31.gif
22.gif

Wass happ''nin? We got our wedding proofs last night and our photog sent us the first draft of our album!
36.gif
So other than general suckiness and officially getting rejected by dream job, yesterday was pretty good!

Date: 3/2/2010 10:39:13 AM
Author: sunnyd

Sweet Lord I just got the best news I could get. We''re actually getting a refund this year and it''s pretty substantial!
Woohoo!! We found out what we''re getting back, and it''s making me see dollar signs in front of my eyes.
31.gif
22.gif
31.gif
22.gif

Wass happ''nin? We got our wedding proofs last night and our photog sent us the first draft of our album!
36.gif
So other than general suckiness and officially getting rejected by dream job, yesterday was pretty good!
Yay
22.gif

Boo dream job.
39.gif

31.gif
22.gif
31.gif
22.gif

36.gif
which job was that sunny? did they send you ''the letter''? (well, rejection email)

31.gif
22.gif
31.gif
22.gif

36.gif
Gah. I''m sorry you got rejected, Sunnyd.
7.gif
You can crawl back on the depressing, cant-find-a-job bandwagon with me and Katy.
20.gif

But yay for wedding proofs!
36.gif

Date: 3/2/2010 10:37:55 AM

OH. MY. GOD.

Good kitties.
1.gif
23.gif

I''m glad that even if we did have mice, our cats would *never* be able to catch one.

Gross.
14.gif

That''s what I thought too! Our cats are lazy and spoiled, but I guess something took over and they knew what to do!

31.gif
22.gif
31.gif
22.gif

36.gif

7.gif
I''m sorry Sunny.

Yay for a refund, though! We got half back already and are just waiting for mine for our homebuyers credit. Woo!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP