shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/1/2010 3:31:15 PM
Author: princesss
I wish my job now was as fun as my job at Build-A-Bear was. That was awesome.
OMG Mini would LOVE you!

Best job ever was being a bank teller. I made $6.00 but I was as happy as a lark. Playing w/ other people''s money is very fun plus being on your feet all day you stay in much better shape than sitting at a computer all day! AND my boss handed us a beer on our way out every night. ROADIES!

Funny story, the first year TJ and I were dating he took me to BAB for valentines day. My cat binks loves to molest/knead anything soft and squishy, be it a tummy, stuffed animal, cashmere sweater, anything. So to combat this we built a bear just for him. It was a monkey and we named her "Lindsay Spears." She had on a denim skirt, red sox jersey and no undies and her voice box said "No Binks, not my forbidden inch!"

OMG it freaked the eff out of Binks. So hilarious!!! He stayed away from her after he heard it, but still humps my sweaters.

Date: 3/1/2010 3:25:29 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 3/1/2010 3:22:20 PM
Author: sunnyd
Working at Home Depot was the best thing I ever did. If only they paid a normal wage!!
39.gif

Really? TJ's mom works at Lowes and loves it. What did you like about it?
My BFF from HS works there and SHE loves it!

I loved working as a nanny...I should go professional. With my references, credentials and education I could probably rack in a very nice salary. But then I'd have to work for some hoity-toity Manhattan family. The money definitely WON'T be worth having to deal with the intellectual elite
20.gif
I like my supervisors to have comparable (OR LESS THAN
41.gif
) IQs to mine.

Date: 3/1/2010 3:35:42 PM

Funny story, the first year TJ and I were dating he took me to BAB for valentines day. My cat binks loves to molest/knead anything soft and squishy, be it a tummy, stuffed animal, cashmere sweater, anything. So to combat this we built a bear just for him. It was a monkey and we named her ''Lindsay Spears.'' She had on a denim skirt, red sox jersey and no undies and her voice box said ''No Binks, not my forbidden inch!''

OMG it freaked the eff out of Binks. So hilarious!!! He stayed away from her after he heard it, but still humps my sweaters.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Too funny, HH!

Date: 3/1/2010 3:34:33 PM
Author: winelover23

OMG Mini would LOVE you!

Best job ever was being a bank teller. I made $6.00 but I was as happy as a lark. Playing w/ other people''s money is very fun plus being on your feet all day you stay in much better shape than sitting at a computer all day! AND my boss handed us a beer on our way out every night. ROADIES!

And you''re bragging about this why?
38.gif

We don''t drink and drive.

Funny story, the first year TJ and I were dating he took me to BAB for valentines day. My cat binks loves to molest/knead anything soft and squishy, be it a tummy, stuffed animal, cashmere sweater, anything. So to combat this we built a bear just for him. It was a monkey and we named her ''Lindsay Spears.'' She had on a denim skirt, red sox jersey and no undies and her voice box said ''No Binks, not my forbidden inch!''

Hi-larious

Date: 3/1/2010 3:37:25 PM

OMG Mini would LOVE you!

38.gif

We don''t?

Date: 3/1/2010 3:36:06 PM
Author: Bia

Working at Home Depot was the best thing I ever did. If only they paid a normal wage!!
39.gif

Really? TJ''s mom works at Lowes and loves it. What did you like about it?

I loved working as a nanny...I should go professional. With my references, credentials and education I could probably rack in a very nice salary. But then I''d have to work for some hoity-toity Manhattan family. The money definitely WON''T be worth having to deal with the intellectual elite
20.gif
41.gif
) IQs to mine.
I will hire you as Mini''s Nanny!

Date: 3/1/2010 3:39:56 PM

OMG Mini would LOVE you!

Best job ever was being a bank teller. I made $6.00 but I was as happy as a lark. Playing w/ other people's money is very fun plus being on your feet all day you stay in much better shape than sitting at a computer all day! AND my boss handed us a beer on our way out every night. ROADIES!

And you're bragging about this why?
38.gif

We don't drink and drive.
We don't?

29.gif

Go sit in time out!

My best job was working as a sports counselor in a summer day camp. I spent all day every day in the sun running around playing sports. And then sneaking around with a cute boy trying to avoid the bosses/head of camp seeing us and getting us in trouble! That cute boy turned into my husband, so I guess those days of getting paid less than $3 an hour were worth it!
3.gif
Not sure how they even got away with paying us so little.

It''s funny because everyone used to complain about getting paid less than minimum wage to work really hard in camp, but now we all wish we could go back! It''s better than accumulating student loans to have to sit in class all summer...... Or getting paid to sit in an office at a desk all day... Funny how your outlook changes once you reach the other side of those jobs!

Date: 3/1/2010 3:40:56 PM

Date: 3/1/2010 3:39:56 PM

OMG Mini would LOVE you!

38.gif

We don''t?

29.gif

Go sit in time out!
I never said I drove drunk, jeez!

Date: 3/1/2010 3:40:44 PM

39.gif

I loved working as a nanny...I should go professional. With my references, credentials and education I could probably rack in a very nice salary. But then I''d have to work for some hoity-toity Manhattan family. The money definitely WON''T be worth having to deal with the intellectual elite
20.gif
41.gif
) IQs to mine.
I JUST GOT MY DREAM JOB PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

I''d work for free for Mini. I''ll just need a place to stay for the rest of my life.

Nannying is the best. You''re THE BOSS all day long and the kids love you. Unless they hate you, then you''re screwed.

Date: 3/1/2010 3:43:21 PM

39.gif

20.gif
41.gif
) IQs to mine.
36.gif

I''d work for free for Mini. I''ll just need a place to stay for the rest of my life.

Nannying is the best. You''re THE BOSS all day long and the kids love you. Unless they hate you, then you''re screwed.

FYI, you''re also going to be chauffeur to Ms. Drunk Thang (aka, Wino).

Date: 3/1/2010 12:39:23 PM
Author: elrohwen
Oh, and for you cat people, most cats get along really well with bunnies! They play together, often with the bunny chasing the cat around. Hehe.
I want a bunny
39.gif

A big fluffy Otto like bunny. He is so cute.

My cats would be fine. I''m just afraid the puppy (80 pounds) would love the bunny a little too much...

Date: 3/1/2010 3:45:54 PM

36.gif

Dude, I''m there! Just give me a cool ride to pimp. And a share of the juice.

Date: 3/1/2010 3:48:57 PM
Date: 3/1/2010 3:45:54 PM

36.gif

Dude, I''m there! Just give me a cool ride to pimp. And a share of the juice.

WE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!

Interruption:

Bia does NOT condone drinking and driving...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

39.gif

20.gif
41.gif
) IQs to mine.
36.gif

Sold! We totally have a spare room with lovely natural light and I will give you a pottery barn gift card to decorate it to your liking. Is a Mercedes SUV ok? Mini will LOVE you!

Too funny.

I hated my second store. They limited my party times! I''m sorry, parties with me are an hour and a half of awesome, not 45 minutes of mediocre because they want to push "the brats" out of the store. For Pete''s sake, you work at BAB! Sing, dance, go crazy! My heart ceremonies kicked butt, too. I guess I lucked out with my first store - my manager loved what I did, and the people in the other stores could always tell when I was at work, because I made people do the silliest stuff.
9.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 3:54:21 PM

Interruption:

Neither do I for the record. However I do condone getting HH riled up
11.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 3:54:25 PM

36.gif

Sold! We totally have a spare room with lovely natural light and I will give you a pottery barn gift card to decorate it to your liking. Is a Mercedes SUV ok? Mini will LOVE you!
I''m HIRED!

Before I sign, I prefer BMW. It''s like Coke or Pepsi...

k thanks!

Date: 3/1/2010 3:56:40 PM

36.gif

I''m HIRED!

k thanks!
No prob, X5 ok? What color? Leather or cloth? Navigation?

Date: 3/1/2010 3:55:13 PM

Too funny.

I hated my second store. They limited my party times! I''m sorry, parties with me are an hour and a half of awesome, not 45 minutes of mediocre because they want to push ''the brats'' out of the store. For Pete''s sake, you work at BAB! Sing, dance, go crazy! My heart ceremonies kicked butt, too. I guess I lucked out with my first store - my manager loved what I did, and the people in the other stores could always tell when I was at work, because I made people do the silliest stuff.
9.gif

The term "party" makes me think you worked at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch!

Date: 3/1/2010 3:55:28 PM

Date: 3/1/2010 3:54:21 PM

Interruption:

Neither do I for the record. However I do condone getting HH riled up
11.gif
Evil woman.
11.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 3:46:41 PM
Author: TooPatient
I want a bunny
39.gif

My cats would be fine. I'm just afraid the puppy (80 pounds) would love the bunny a little too much...
Otto is a little fluffy bunny - he weighed 4.3lbs at his last vet visit. So tiny! Someday I hope to get him a girlfriend who is at least 10lbs
9.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 4:01:15 PM

Date: 3/1/2010 3:46:41 PM
Author: TooPatient

Date: 3/1/2010 12:39:23 PM
Oh, and for you cat people, most cats get along really well with bunnies! They play together, often with the bunny chasing the cat around. Hehe.
I want a bunny
39.gif

My cats would be fine. I''m just afraid the puppy (80 pounds) would love the bunny a little too much...
Otto is a little fluffy bunny - he weighed 4.3lbs at his last vet visit. So tiny! Someday I hope to get him a girlfriend who is at least 10lbs
9.gif
Love your new siggy, elro!!!
36.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 3:57:59 PM

Date: 3/1/2010 3:56:40 PM

36.gif

I''m HIRED!

k thanks!
No prob, X5 ok? What color? Leather or cloth? Navigation?
Now we''re in full negotiation. Golden!

(Wino, if you ever hire a nanny, talk to me first please!)

Date: 3/1/2010 3:58:05 PM

Too funny.

I hated my second store. They limited my party times! I''m sorry, parties with me are an hour and a half of awesome, not 45 minutes of mediocre because they want to push ''the brats'' out of the store. For Pete''s sake, you work at BAB! Sing, dance, go crazy! My heart ceremonies kicked butt, too. I guess I lucked out with my first store - my manager loved what I did, and the people in the other stores could always tell when I was at work, because I made people do the silliest stuff.
9.gif

The term ''party'' makes me think you worked at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch!
I just choked on my water a little bit.

Sitting in an office all day sucks. Why are we taught that having an office means a good job?

I am rethinking that Marine Biology thing...(minus the orcas).

Date: 3/1/2010 4:02:22 PM
Date: 3/1/2010 3:58:05 PM

Too funny.

9.gif

The term ''party'' makes me think you worked at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch!

I just choked on my water a little bit.

Whatever, you know it''s your dream job.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP