shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/8/2010 10:00:06 AM
Author: TheBigT
You should leave half-naked pictures of yourself all over her apartment and claim J wanted to make it look like home!
LOL.

Too bad my b-pics werent back already!

You know which dress I
30.gif
? Zoe Kravitz!

Wedding dress inspirationnnnn...Hmmm...I wonder if I could make it happen???

Date: 3/8/2010 10:04:00 AM
Author: Bia
You know which dress I
30.gif
? Zoe Kravitz!

She looked so good!
36.gif

Definitely see some wedding dress in that!

Date: 3/8/2010 10:05:56 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/8/2010 10:04:00 AM
Author: Bia
You know which dress I
30.gif
? Zoe Kravitz!

She looked so good!
36.gif

Definitely see some wedding dress in that!
pic?

Zoe Kravitz!

zoe-lenny-kravitz-2010-oscars.jpg

Date: 3/8/2010 9:43:22 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/8/2010 9:39:38 AM
Author: Clairitek
I''m embarrassed to admit I one had a sparkly pink bumper sticker on my car that said DIVA on it. Someone ripped it off of my car my freshman year of college. To me, it was sort of a joke. Guess they didn''t take it that way!

I think I am close. Just need to get my salary up a little more to feel completely comfortable. He is excited about a possible move to CA and the adventure we would have really branching out on our own a little. He likes it here, but hes not married to the place. Only to me.
16.gif
Awww, wifey, if I''ve got to share you, I''m glad it''s with somebody smart!

Elle, write all of this down somewhere. It might help you calm down before you freak out on poor J. It''s no good to hold it all in until you explode. *hug*
Awww....

I did pick a good one. He is pretty supportive of all of this, even though he scares me once in a while with some flip-flopping. I do believe he is solidly on board with the idea now, just wants to be more financially secure.

Date: 3/8/2010 9:57:03 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/8/2010 9:56:32 AM

Date: 3/8/2010 9:55:09 AM
Ooh where is your friend getting married? Who is her florist? Small state...

Elle- I just saw your post about keeping all of this stuff in. I would definitely mention it to J. If someone at DH''s workplace was behaving this way, I would say something too. Her behavior is far from appropriate. I''m surprised there were half naked pictures of her up all over her house when you guys went over there.

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
I missed this?!
LOL

I think she meant ''weren''t''
Oh yes, definitely meant WEREN''T!

Oops!

Date: 3/8/2010 9:58:51 AM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/8/2010 9:55:09 AM

Ooh where is your friend getting married? Who is her florist? Small state...

Elle- I just saw your post about keeping all of this stuff in. I would definitely mention it to J. If someone at DH''s workplace was behaving this way, I would say something too. Her behavior is far from appropriate. I''m surprised there were half naked pictures of her up all over her house when you guys went over there.
She''s the one getting married at Quidnessett. I think I mentioned it at the DC GTG...maybe... Towne House Flowers in Warwick is her florist...there''s some long convoluted relationship between her fiance and one of the arrangers there...

And elle, you NEED to talk to him!!!
Oohhhhhh yes I remember now!

Hey ladies. I''ve missed you!

Date: 3/8/2010 10:21:08 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Hi wifey!!! I missed you, too!!!

Date: 3/8/2010 10:21:08 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Missed you too! How was your weekend? I''ve been wondering where you were! Now I remember...

beautiful dress!

gotta work now
7.gif
see ya in the afternoon (since i am off at 1130!
9.gif
)

Good morning HH!

How did the weekend go??

Date: 3/8/2010 10:23:04 AM
Author: jcarlylew
beautiful dress!

gotta work now
7.gif
see ya in the afternoon (since i am off at 1130!
9.gif
)
See ya, J!

Adios, Jcar!
35.gif

**yawn**

Anyone else dragging today???

Date: 3/8/2010 10:27:42 AM
Adios, Jcar!
35.gif

**yawn**

Anyone else dragging today???
Yes..
14.gif

My mom and brother were visiting and my computer was dead in the living room. Bringing it upstairs and plugging it in was too much trouble. Hahaha. The weekend was good, pretty low key, which I like.

Low key is good, HH.

Does anybody know where I could find 70s-style t-shirts? I''ve got to be in 70s workout attire this weekend and I''m missing the shirts.

Date: 3/8/2010 10:39:05 AM
Low key is good, HH.

Does anybody know where I could find 70s-style t-shirts? I''ve got to be in 70s workout attire this weekend and I''m missing the shirts.
Just get an extra small with a faded logo from goodwill.
9.gif

Low key is good, HH.

I''d try American Apparel.

Date: 3/8/2010 10:45:23 AM

Low key is good, HH.

9.gif
LOL, that''s definitely part of the plan. I''ve got to have a light and a dark. I''ve already got the short shorts (black running shorts with contrasting lining and I''m going to roll the hem up to make them SUPER short) and white Adidas knee socks - nobody sells freaking tube socks!

Good morning lovelies!

I''m dragging today--too much champagne last night!

We had a fun Oscar party, though. I was in a 3-way tie for first place in terms of Oscar guesses! 17/24 and I got all of the big six. w00t!

Date: 3/8/2010 10:46:57 AM

Low key is good, HH.

Genius!

Date: 3/8/2010 10:49:36 AM

Low key is good, HH.

Does anybody know where I could find 70s-style t-shirts? I've got to be in 70s workout attire this weekend and I'm missing the shirts.
9.gif
LOL, that's definitely part of the plan. I've got to have a light and a dark. I've already got the short shorts (black running shorts with contrasting lining and I'm going to roll the hem up to make them SUPER short) and white Adidas knee socks - nobody sells freaking tube socks!

American Apparel has tubesocks in a variety of colors and heights. They also have headbands, wristbands, and lots of t-shirts (although I'd try a thrift store first for that).

ETA: When I was on a 70s themed dodgeball team in college, that's where I did all my athletic wear shopping.
3.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 10:51:45 AM

Date: 3/8/2010 10:46:57 AM

Low key is good, HH.

Genius!
They''re great, but they''re $18 a pop, and I''d need two. Too rich for my blood.
39.gif

Okay, so this is off my friend''s wedding website. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I''m not crazy, am I?

Registries
We appreciate your desire to help us as we start our life together!

We understand that registries are traditional, however to assist us with our goal of buying and furnishing a house, we would prefer that any gifts be made in monetary form. Checks should be made to XXX, or for the more tech-savvy, our PayPal account is xxx at email.com

Date: 3/8/2010 10:58:55 AM
Okay, so this is off my friend''s wedding website. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I''m not crazy, am I?

Registries

We understand that registries are traditional, however to assist us with our goal of buying and furnishing a house, we would prefer that any gifts be made in monetary form. Checks should be made to XXX, or for the more tech-savvy, our PayPal account is xxx at email.com

Yeah, that is hella rude. Maybe you should email her and tell her it''s considered tacky to ask for money directly.

tacky

Date: 3/8/2010 11:00:55 AM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 3/8/2010 10:58:55 AM

Registries

Yeah, that is hella rude. Maybe you should email her and tell her it''s considered tacky to ask for money directly.
It''s not the money thing, really for me...more the second part with the "Checks should be made to...etc" part that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Date: 3/8/2010 10:56:46 AM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 3/8/2010 10:49:36 AM

Low key is good, HH.

Does anybody know where I could find 70s-style t-shirts? I've got to be in 70s workout attire this weekend and I'm missing the shirts.
9.gif
LOL, that's definitely part of the plan. I've got to have a light and a dark. I've already got the short shorts (black running shorts with contrasting lining and I'm going to roll the hem up to make them SUPER short) and white Adidas knee socks - nobody sells freaking tube socks!

American Apparel has tubesocks in a variety of colors and heights. They also have headbands, wristbands, and lots of t-shirts (although I'd try a thrift store first for that).

ETA: When I was on a 70s themed dodgeball team in college, that's where I did all my athletic wear shopping.
3.gif
LOL, I was wondering where all this knowledge came from!

I think the headband is taken care of, and I've got socks similar to the ones you posted (for the same price, but they're geared towards athletes, so hopefully they'll be comfy to play in), but if I had $$$, I could totally do American Apparel. They've got everything.

That said, HOW are they so popular if everything they sell is some kind of super dated style? (ETA: No offense meant to anybody that loves them, of course, it's just like the 70s/80s threw up in there every time I walk in. I just don't get it!)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP